Author Topic: RIP P-Stone  (Read 100628 times)

Pigeon

Re: RIP P-Stone
« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2017, 09:16:01 AM »
RIP
Hopefully, there's a Gofundme or something, so we can help with funeral costs.

spungo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #211 on: September 01, 2017, 09:17:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Probably the most God-awful skate family news to wake up to.� Cory's life is changed forever and P-Stone is gone.
And most of us have been there, "the soberest drunk of the bunch drives" everyone gets in, and sometimes the Reaper
does too.� Tragic loss for skateboarding and condolences to the families involved.
[close]

Not most. Just you drunkards.
[close]
No. I bet more people in the US have drove home drunk as in above the legal limit than haven't. Unless you live in a part of the country where people don't drive as much. Of course you could probably never get an honest statistic on that. Nobody's saying drinking and driving is okay. People are just putting there self in someone elses shoes. You know, being empathetic.

You're not being empathetic, you're making stupid assumptions based on no knowledge whatsoever.
do more yoga!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #212 on: September 01, 2017, 09:23:28 AM »
sad news
rip P.Stone and stay strong CK1

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #213 on: September 01, 2017, 09:29:11 AM »
So sorry for his children. Words cannot even began to express my condolences. FilmInParadise brother.
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

sharkbarf

• Rep: 2
« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2017, 09:33:15 AM »
Expand Quote
RIP
[close]
Hopefully, there's a Gofundme or something, so we can help with funeral costs.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2017, 09:35:43 AM »
Heartbreaking on all fronts :/ Condolences to P Stone's family.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2017, 09:35:48 AM »
i dont know what to say other than cory's drinking seemed like it was becoming a problem a few years ago.

p-stone seemed eternal. rest in peace to a good one. will be missed.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2017, 09:36:18 AM »
terrible day all around. like people said previously, yes ck1 made a mistake, but treat him as if it was your sibling that was in his shoes. Preston was the essence of skating, food, camping and having a good time. never met the guy, but I could watch pstone edits all day long. I've been wanting to put the bottle down for good as of recent, this might just be what helps.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2017, 09:42:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Probably the most God-awful skate family news to wake up to.� Cory's life is changed forever and P-Stone is gone.
And most of us have been there, "the soberest drunk of the bunch drives" everyone gets in, and sometimes the Reaper
does too.� Tragic loss for skateboarding and condolences to the families involved.
[close]

[close]
No. I bet more people in the US have drove home drunk as in above the legal limit than haven't. Unless you live in a part of the country where people don't drive as much. Of course you could probably never get an honest statistic on that. Nobody's saying drinking and driving is okay. People are just putting there self in someone elses shoes. You know, being empathetic.

[close]

You're not being empathetic, you're making stupid assumptions based on no knowledge whatsoever.
Yes being empathetic is when you put your self in somebody elses shoes. I'm not crucifying anybody unless they murder someone. As somebody above quoted. When everybody is blacking out anybody can die. It's tragic on all fronts. Drinking and driving is fucking stupid and there is no excuse for it these days with Uber, Lyft and just having a cell phone period. He 100% needs to face what ever punishment the legal system throws his way and he's never going to be the same person again. He's probably suicidal right now and will live with these demons every time he looks at any of his friends. As I said earlier, how would you feel if it was your brother, sister, or best friend. You should be mad, but you shouldn't condemn them.

wheelies

« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2017, 09:43:44 AM »
We shouldnt demonize the suds too much, he seemed to love his beer, sometimes shit happens.

P STONE!!!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2017, 09:49:56 AM »
We shouldnt demonize the suds too much, he seemed to love his beer, sometimes shit happens.

P STONE!!!

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #221 on: September 01, 2017, 09:52:56 AM »
Thank you for giving so much to skateboarding. You are a legend. RIP.

manute bol

• Rep: 5
« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2017, 09:56:21 AM »
Terrible news. Rest easy, Preston.

E

• Rep: 13
« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2017, 09:57:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fair enough. �Not to belabor the point "but at least here in WA", it's pretty easy to knock back a couple 7%+ craft brews and a bowl, �feel great, appear normal, but be over the .08% limit and technically drunk. �But this isn't the thread for finger pointing and one of my favorite clips of the zillion things I've watched in Skateboarding is P-Stone's blunt battle in the pool for a keg of PBR. �RIP in Peace and by that I mean rip.

Can you post a link? I searched to no avail.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2017, 09:59:29 AM »
Damn, I just googled his name and saw he was supposed to get married in Feb 2018.

https://www.zola.com/registry/prestonandanna

Fuck! Jesus. This literally doesn't get better. I just got married this past summer. What a fucking bummer to literally have this happen months before your wedding. I feel super bad for their family.

And the whole CK1 thing....the guilt he's experiencing is enough rather than having others tarnish his name. I've been in a car accident with my girlfriend and she got taken away on a stretcher and it's a fucking terrible feeling to see that. Thankfully she only had some whiplash but I can only imagine if she got even more hurt. This is a total traumatizing experience that will literally change Cory's life forever. Being rich and getting through the courts doesn't take that away from him. I am even sure he feels the jail time is deserving.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

newhampster

• Rep: 7
« Reply #225 on: September 01, 2017, 10:09:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fair enough. �Not to belabor the point "but at least here in WA", it's pretty easy to knock back a couple 7%+ craft brews and a bowl, �feel great, appear normal, but be over the .08% limit and technically drunk. �But this isn't the thread for finger pointing and one of my favorite clips of the zillion things I've watched in Skateboarding is P-Stone's blunt battle in the pool for a keg of PBR. �RIP in Peace and by that I mean rip.
[close]

Can you post a link? I searched to no avail.

7 year old

« Reply #226 on: September 01, 2017, 10:37:56 AM »
God this is terrible  :(
I had a few beers last night, was a bit stoned and figured I'd check slap just before heading off to sleep.
I saw this thread and it didn't register at all, I kept looking through for the post that would say it was just a bad mistake... Today it doesn't make any more sense. R.I.P. P-Stone. So sad to hear about this. Thanks for catching a zillion rad moments on film for the rest of us. And I hope Cory is able to keep in mind that his friend wouldn't want him to spend the rest of his life hating himself. That's no way to honor a friend.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65232
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #227 on: September 01, 2017, 10:49:19 AM »
Of course the industry is looking away as usual. Nike should have forced this guy into rehab years ago instead of marketing his alcohol fueled antics. 

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »
RIP. Anti Hero edits will never be the same

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2017, 10:59:55 AM »
I hope there's a grill in heaven. RIP Preston... FUCK! One of my favorite personalities.. such a positive ball of energy. Again, the specifics shouldn't matter to us.. leave all that crap up to the judge.. pray for CK, Preston and their families.

Also, this 'rich white boy' shit needs to stop, we lost a legend, Cory's background shouldn't be questioned by strangers, that's an immature, inappropriate angle..  don't be as toxic as people claim SLAP tends to be...

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #230 on: September 01, 2017, 11:03:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
First, I can't understate my feelings for P stone's family.Also i loved him/his work etc..
 I feel so bad for CORY, people will hate, but he accidentally killed one of his best friends, it will kill him inside for a long time if not forever. The spark he had in his eye may never comeback, look at Boulala he never got that light back. Cory will probably want to spend every day possible in that prison. I feel horrible for him. P Stone loved Cory and would be bummed at everyone hating on Cory. They were partying together and this tragedy happened. P Stone would want us all to support Cory through his horrible journey he will have to make.
 In one recent Thrasher Cory said to Phelper something like "all my friends are dead or in jail" I know Cory was self medicating through lots of internal sadness just based of that quote.
 I wish we could give P Stone back to his family and to all of skateboarding, but it can't be so. I wish we could give Cory back to skateboarding and back to his happy ways, but I fear it won't be. I feel for Grant and Da'an and a few others who were so close to Preston and who looked up to him in a father figure type way. Those that know those guys should keep a watchful eye on them and their consumption in the coming months we don't want to loose more people, Preston would be crushed, he had such a love for all those guys and for all of the skateboarding audience and foremost his family. Great guy, his great laugh or chuckle during filming comes to mind over and over. I will miss Re_Brew episodes so much, Thrasher should compile them all onto hard copies, that would be a treasure and permanent memorial for him to be remembered.
  RIP Preston
 RIP
[close]

I forgot about that. That was in the last issue. Such a dark heavy quote. Poor dude's probably feeling suicidal right now. Whole thing is so fucked.
[close]

He may have been quoting that Josh Prine song. Also I feel like that quote is in a famous movie as well.

John Prine, and I doubt it

thebacker

« Reply #231 on: September 01, 2017, 11:23:47 AM »
Of course the industry is looking away as usual. Nike should have forced this guy into rehab years ago instead of marketing his alcohol fueled antics. 
I would love to see them push not drinking and driving in a way that doesnt condem cory. Alas this probably wont happen

underknowledge

« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2017, 11:33:20 AM »
RIP His edits are the shit but. why is everyone talking like they know the details. eveyone is just assuming and starting rumors .

decoi1

• Rep: 18
« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2017, 11:36:46 AM »
It's pretty jacked to place any blame on CK. I lost 4 friends in a drunk driving accident last year. 2 of them were lifelong homies. If the girl driving would have lived we'd of never made her feel guilty about it. The fucked up thing is I was supposed to be in the car with them. My homie showed up about 10 min before we were leaving and wanted to go skate so I chose that over floating the river with them. So in a way skateboarding actually saved my life. I hope CK is able to find away to live with it. And RIP to PStone. Dude seemed like one of the coolest

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2017, 11:39:50 AM »
I hope there's a grill in heaven. RIP Preston... FUCK! One of my favorite personalities.. such a positive ball of energy. Again, the specifics shouldn't matter to us.. leave all that crap up to the judge.. pray for CK, Preston and their families.

Also, this 'rich white boy' shit needs to stop, we lost a legend, Cory's background shouldn't be questioned by strangers, that's an immature, inappropriate angle..  don't be as toxic as people claim SLAP tends to be...

Yeah true but I bet if antwuan did something like this slap would be saying fuck him put him under the jail etc etc

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2017, 11:42:22 AM »
https://www.google.com/maps/@47.4470986,-122.5000397,87m/data=!3m1!1e3

this is the turn the accident happened on

for whatever reason you can't get a street view

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2017, 11:48:05 AM »
Such a shock, never saw anything like this happening again.  RIP P-stone.   My heart goes out to his family.

If Cory was driving I feel for him.   The party boy, crazy clown image that his sponsors pushed is over with i'm guessing.      

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2017, 11:49:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah true but I bet if antwuan did something like this slap would be saying fuck him put him under the jail etc etc
THIS
you never know about pre-cum 

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1108
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #238 on: September 01, 2017, 11:58:10 AM »
While I totally agree on the lack of racial equality in this country, please let's just share good stories of preston and raise awareness for the dangers of drunk driving.

IHOP

« Reply #239 on: September 01, 2017, 12:01:13 PM »