Author Topic: RIP P-Stone  (Read 100081 times)

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
Re: RIP P-Stone
« Reply #240 on: September 01, 2017, 12:05:29 PM »

sk84fun

• Rep: -42
« Reply #241 on: September 01, 2017, 12:06:06 PM »
https://www.google.com/maps/@47.4470986,-122.5000397,87m/data=!3m1!1e3

this is the turn the accident happened on

for whatever reason you can't get a street view

fuck that is a gnarly turn especially if its dark. i bet there was no lights at all.

all the speculation here is fuckin terrible. i swear slap is cancer sometimes. RIP PSTONE

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #242 on: September 01, 2017, 12:14:55 PM »
Rest In Peace Preston!!! condolences to his family and friends. Hope everything works out for Cory.

Life is short, go skate today for these two and everyone who got their trip cut short!

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #243 on: September 01, 2017, 12:16:41 PM »
Expand Quote
I hope there's a grill in heaven. RIP Preston... FUCK! One of my favorite personalities.. such a positive ball of energy. Again, the specifics shouldn't matter to us.. leave all that crap up to the judge.. pray for CK, Preston and their families.

Also, this 'rich white boy' shit needs to stop, we lost a legend, Cory's background shouldn't be questioned by strangers, that's an immature, inappropriate angle.. �don't be as toxic as people claim SLAP tends to be...
[close]

Yeah true but I bet if antwuan did something like this slap would be saying fuck him put him under the jail etc etc

I don't understand this post.. really strange comparison. Isn't Antwuan out of jail?

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #244 on: September 01, 2017, 12:19:14 PM »
Also, antwuan did some pretty awful things to innocent people.

Post Modern

• Rep: -4
  • Nothing is original.
« Reply #245 on: September 01, 2017, 12:21:51 PM »

Bruh, isn't that why people are mad at Cory Kennedy?
Tolerance is not a Sapiens trademark.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #246 on: September 01, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hope there's a grill in heaven. RIP Preston... FUCK! One of my favorite personalities.. such a positive ball of energy. Again, the specifics shouldn't matter to us.. leave all that crap up to the judge.. pray for CK, Preston and their families.

Also, this 'rich white boy' shit needs to stop, we lost a legend, Cory's background shouldn't be questioned by strangers, that's an immature, inappropriate angle..  don't be as toxic as people claim SLAP tends to be...
[close]

Yeah true but I bet if antwuan did something like this slap would be saying fuck him put him under the jail etc etc
[close]
THIS

You're also neglecting the fact that Antuan is a notorious alcoholic and has been a repeat offender how many times? Hasn't he been to jail 5 times? Antuans a bad example to use if you want to bring up the race card. I 100% get your point, but You just chose the wrong person for your example.

wheelies

« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2017, 12:44:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The only people mad at Cory is people that have a childs mind. Twuan crimes had intent to cause harm, Corys was an accident. This comparison is completly stupid though anyway. You guys that want Cory to burn because of his race and financial situation are complete idiots, and I'm sure the ones that are saying these things are the ones that say they hate racism the most too. Get outta here with that bullshit state of mind. 

YungButtahDick

• Rep: 1
« Reply #248 on: September 01, 2017, 12:44:41 PM »
This is all pretty crazy especially after cory's crail couch where he talked about bailing raven outta jail for a dui and saying that he was partially to blame.

maurice povich

« Reply #249 on: September 01, 2017, 12:53:19 PM »
Ah Man this is terrible. Love to everyone effected by this tragedy.

i feel like the skate scene and lifestyle is gonna be impacted by this. P-stone is a role model. he lived a lifestyle that is skateboarding. he showed lot of people how to be and whats important in a skaters life. friends, family, travels, community, food. he was an example of a lifelong commitment to skateboarding with out being a huge asshole or cocky pick. i feel bad for the 18/bobs/potrero crews. who do they have to look up to now, andy roy? and who is gonna film the 18 dudes now. Nobody is gonna be able to fill his shoes and roll with that crew the way he did. you cant just show up and film those dudes and what they do. they wont just let you in the clubhouse. you gotta be in the crew before you can bust out your camera at Bobs. 18 dudes are gonna get less coverage and appear less in skate media with no Pstone filming them. Today i gonna constantly have a beer in hand, and ill film some shit long lens in honor of P-Stone!

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #250 on: September 01, 2017, 12:56:44 PM »
Horrible news, nobody wins.
RIP and best of luck to P-Stones family. I got two kids and raising them alone wouldnt be easy, and they wont have a dad.

Post Modern

• Rep: -4
  • Nothing is original.
« Reply #251 on: September 01, 2017, 12:58:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The only people mad at Cory is people that have a childs mind. Twuan crimes had intent to cause harm, Corys was an accident. This comparison is completly stupid though anyway. You guys that want Cory to burn because of his race and financial situation are complete idiots, and I'm sure the ones that are saying these things are the ones that say they hate racism the most too. Get outta here with that bullshit state of mind.  

Check my comments, I dont want him to burn because his money or race (black skaters hating white people is like being an otaku that hates asians btw). I think the combination in addition to being a popular athlete will help him in court. I also think the idea of believing an alleged drunk driver commiting vehicular manslaughter is somehow beyond criticism is plain regular.

I think the antwuan comparison is a bit weak myself tbh, but I get whar he was saying.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 01:08:59 PM by Post Modern »
Tolerance is not a Sapiens trademark.

HisDudest

• Rep: -140
« Reply #252 on: September 01, 2017, 01:15:40 PM »
Expand Quote

Also, this 'rich white boy' shit needs to stop, we lost a legend, Cory's background shouldn't be questioned by strangers, that's an immature, inappropriate angle..  don't be as toxic as people claim SLAP tends to be...
[close]

Yeah but Antwuan is a fucking person

wheelies

« Reply #253 on: September 01, 2017, 01:19:52 PM »
I also think the idea of believing an alleged drunk driver commiting vehicular manslaughter is somehow beyond criticism is plain regular.

I think the antwuan comparison is a bit weak myself tbh, but I get whar he was saying.
True, and me too. Its just not really the best place to bring up hypothetical situations based off race.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #254 on: September 01, 2017, 01:37:09 PM »
If you're saying "I get it, but antwon is a bad example," you really don't get it.

Insta has been flooded, as it should be, but every time I see that family pic with the 2 kids I get angry. It takes any sympathy I had for Cory and throws it out the window. Those kids lost their father.  Yea, Cory is fucked, and might have a hard time dealing with what happened, etc, etc, but that family was just destroyed and those kids were robbed of their father. How do explain to a toddler that their father is dead?

edit; I know it was an accident, and nobody held a gun to anyones head to ride in that car, but it still evokes anger because this was all preventable.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 01:41:03 PM by Level 60 Dwarf Paladin »
you never know about pre-cum 

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #255 on: September 01, 2017, 01:38:30 PM »
Expand Quote
I also think the idea of believing an alleged drunk driver commiting vehicular manslaughter is somehow beyond criticism is plain regular.

[close]
True, and me too. Its just not really the best place to bring up hypothetical situations based off race.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #256 on: September 01, 2017, 01:46:43 PM »
Ok, when and where would be a good time to discuss? There's dozens upon dozens of pages calling a black man a piece of shit criminal for actions associated to their substance abuse problems but we should all be sympathetic to Cory because he might have a hard time dealing with his mistakes...
you never know about pre-cum 

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #257 on: September 01, 2017, 01:50:32 PM »

wheelies

« Reply #258 on: September 01, 2017, 01:54:24 PM »
Ok, when and where would be a good time to discuss? There's dozens upon dozens of pages calling a black man a piece of shit criminal for actions associated to their substance abuse problems but we should all be sympathetic to Cory because he might have a hard time dealing with his mistakes...
I think everyone understands the point your trying to make man. Stop tryin to fight fire with fire.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2017, 01:55:51 PM »

great video. shows how great of a guy he was to be around.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2017, 01:56:10 PM »
IDK but it doesn't feel right discussing it right now. I'm not saying I disagree with you because I don't condemn antwuan for his shit at all. But I think even us arguing, me included, about all of this dui shit is stupid right now. This should just be about remembering P-Stone and all of his greatness.

Daniel

• Rep: 8
« Reply #261 on: September 01, 2017, 02:01:07 PM »
We've lost so many precious people back to back all too soon.
Only can look to better days and keep striving.
P-Stone left a legendary mark.
Rest easy P-Stone.
Keep your head up Cory.

Griselda Blanco

• Rep: 1
« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2017, 02:02:25 PM »
Fly high P-Stone. My thoughts are with his family and friends, especially his wife and kids.

I hate that it takes an accident like this for some people to realize that you should never, ever get behind the wheel of a vehicle when you have been drinking. It's all fun and hijinks until someone ends up dead or seriously injured.

If you're saying "I get it, but antwon is a bad example," you really don't get it.

Insta has been flooded, as it should be, but every time I see that family pic with the 2 kids I get angry. It takes any sympathy I had for Cory and throws it out the window. Those kids lost their father.� Yea, Cory is fucked, and might have a hard time dealing with what happened, etc, etc, but that family was just destroyed and those kids were robbed of their father. How do explain to a toddler that their father is dead?

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2017, 02:06:18 PM »
What a kick in the nuts this is

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »

Powerful words, thanks for contributing PincherBug.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2017, 02:31:02 PM »
i never brought up race in my antwuan comparison simply his actions and slap's usual answer to shit. Well at least we know what yall are thinking.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2017, 02:43:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Powerful words, thanks for contributing PincherBug.

One liners for dayzz

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #267 on: September 01, 2017, 02:48:15 PM »
Corys gonna be snuggle bandit 2.0

legalbeagle

« Reply #268 on: September 01, 2017, 02:48:47 PM »
CKs not really anymore of a 'rich kid' than anyone else in his area. His house is worth more than his folks. He's an adult so his parents will not be involved with this financially, and they would be smart to avoid helping him out. It will just be a money black hole.  He will likely have to sell his house to pay for the initial legal bills, go to jail for 2-6 years, then spend the rest of his life having his wages garnished to pay for the rest of the legal bills. Don't drink and drive.

Mongoloid

« Reply #269 on: September 01, 2017, 02:55:09 PM »
I'm a drunk degenerate, not an alcoholic, but I love my drinks and can keep it under control.

The fact is this, and I don't intend to demonize CK, but it's been apparent he's needed to fix his shit for some time now. It's a shame that didn't happen before someone else was dragged into his downfall.

A shame for a loss of life, A shame for a family without a father and a husband, a shame for skateboarding for one of it's greatest talents being forever damaged.