Author Topic: RIP P-Stone  (Read 99756 times)

AllShitty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: RIP P-Stone
« Reply #480 on: September 06, 2017, 09:20:39 AM »
Well the Kings county site says he's been released.  "Conditional Release"

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -600
  • who knows
« Reply #481 on: September 06, 2017, 10:46:05 AM »
the more this comes out the more i feel like corey got a bad toss of the dice here.

.10 isn't too drunk to drive for someone who drinks as heavy as he does, driving fast is definitely not a bright thing to do in those circumstances but how was p-stone in a car with a guy he knows is drinking, who's known to drive fast and doesn't put his seat belt on? especially for a man with two kids that seems like not the best thinking. kind of feels like if he had put his seat belt on the whole situation could be way less serious and would just be b-roll in a skate video.

one of the two dumbest things i've ever read on here.  "Your honor, BAC for Mr. Kennedy isn't relevant due to this lifestyle" and "The victim was to blame"

that being said, good luck to Cory.  I'd like to think we are all better than our biggest mistake and I hope he is able to come to peace with what happened and in some way make restitution in a way that is helpful to society and considerate of Pstone's family.  Is a decade in jail the best way?  I'm not so sure.

Down the road if he is back to boozing and carrying on like a dumbass i'm gonna have a hard time liking him.  best of luck to everyone involved
where is home?

wheelies

« Reply #482 on: September 06, 2017, 11:04:22 AM »
.08 is a legal thing. Its up in the air weather .1 is drunk or not for an individual. Drunk is a subjective ass term too.

His first court date was for purposes to obtain a lawyer, plead guilty, plead not guilty, or get a continuance. Hes probably gonna have a few court dates until he gets a punishment or sentence. I'm guessing hes gonna just get a lengthy probation. 

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #483 on: September 06, 2017, 11:30:35 AM »
^^^Yup, it's a process. I got a DUI. My court date was like 30 days out. I drove with a temp license till then. Once I went to court, I just plead guilty and got the minimum which was $1700 fine, 1 day community service, 3 months of AA school and 7 years on my record. Some people get lawyers and try to fight it which they can win but you end up paying tons of legal fees which sort of means you are paying your way out of a DUI and get a wet reckless charge. Anyways....for something like this, his court dates and things will take time.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #484 on: September 06, 2017, 11:53:13 AM »
.08 is a legal thing. Its up in the air weather .1 is drunk or not for an individual. Drunk is a subjective ass term too.

His first court date was for purposes to obtain a lawyer, plead guilty, plead not guilty, or get a continuance. Hes probably gonna have a few court dates until he gets a punishment or sentence. I'm guessing hes gonna just get a lengthy probation.? 
Apologies if I'm misinterpreting this statement but you do realize .1 is greater than .08 right??? Also it's "whether" just FYI...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #485 on: September 06, 2017, 12:11:15 PM »
Expand Quote
the more this comes out the more i feel like corey got a bad toss of the dice here.

.10 isn't too drunk to drive for someone who drinks as heavy as he does, driving fast is definitely not a bright thing to do in those circumstances but how was p-stone in a car with a guy he knows is drinking, who's known to drive fast and doesn't put his seat belt on? especially for a man with two kids that seems like not the best thinking. kind of feels like if he had put his seat belt on the whole situation could be way less serious and would just be b-roll in a skate video.
[close]

one of the two dumbest things i've ever read on here.  "Your honor, BAC for Mr. Kennedy isn't relevant due to this lifestyle" and "The victim was to blame"

that being said, good luck to Cory.  I'd like to think we are all better than our biggest mistake and I hope he is able to come to peace with what happened and in some way make restitution in a way that is helpful to society and considerate of Pstone's family.  Is a decade in jail the best way?  I'm not so sure.

Down the road if he is back to boozing and carrying on like a dumbass i'm gonna have a hard time liking him.  best of luck to everyone involved

drinking is like smoking. a dude that never smoked and just started smoking, if he took one hit tried to skate would not do so well while a guy that's been wake n baking for years could take a hit and not miss a beat.

and sorry but not wearing a seatbelt in a car unrelatable to me. if that whole side of the car got destroyed it's a bit of a moot point but jumping in a car with a driver who's been drinking, who's speeding and through all that not putting your seat belt on is a bit of reckless thing to do especially for a dad. now that i have kids i wear a helmet when i ride my bike if i'm heading down any busy roads which is not something i ever did before having kids. different people have different approaches and priorities to parenting and for me it's hard to relate to taking on that kind of risk as a dad.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #486 on: September 06, 2017, 12:18:40 PM »

His first court date was for purposes to obtain a lawyer, plead guilty, plead not guilty, or get a continuance. Hes probably gonna have a few court dates until he gets a punishment or sentence. I'm guessing hes gonna just get a lengthy probation.�
Unless he somehow gets the breathalyzer thrown out and is below on the blood tests, I see no way he doesn't spend significant time in jail. At best he might be able to plea it down to something like vehicular assault which is at a minimum 3 to 6 months, but considering he is bargaining down from 8 1/2 to 10 years, I doubt he can get the minimum on a lesser charge.

While committing something like this no matter where is terrible, he picked arguably the worst state in America. It appears Washington has the toughest DUI laws in the country. They have raised what Cory is facing from a 3 1/2 year minimum to an 8 1/2 year in recent years.

wheelies

« Reply #487 on: September 06, 2017, 12:21:25 PM »
^^^Yup, it's a process. I got a DUI. My court date was like 30 days out. I drove with a temp license till then. Once I went to court, I just plead guilty and got the minimum which was $1700 fine, 1 day community service, 3 months of AA school and 7 years on my record. Some people get lawyers and try to fight it which they can win but you end up paying tons of legal fees which sort of means you are paying your way out of a DUI and get a wet reckless charge. Anyways....for something like this, his court dates and things will take time.

In my state the max penalty for first time DUI is 3 days jail, no one knows this though. 3 days in jail is so much better than thousands of dollars and all those bullshit classes you gotta go to for months on end.

wheelies

« Reply #488 on: September 06, 2017, 12:44:42 PM »
Expand Quote

His first court date was for purposes to obtain a lawyer, plead guilty, plead not guilty, or get a continuance. Hes probably gonna have a few court dates until he gets a punishment or sentence. I'm guessing hes gonna just get a lengthy probation.?
[close]
Unless he somehow gets the breathalyzer thrown out and is below on the blood tests, I see no way he doesn't spend significant time in jail. At best he might be able to plea it down to something like vehicular assault which is at a minimum 3 to 6 months, but considering he is bargaining down from 8 1/2 to 10 years, I doubt he can get the minimum on a lesser charge.

While committing something like this no matter where is terrible, he picked arguably the worst state in America. It appears Washington has the toughest DUI laws in the country. They have raised what Cory is facing from a 3 1/2 year minimum to an 8 1/2 year in recent years.
Judge has a lot of discretion. I dont know if its mandatory jail time in his state but sentencing guidelines are just guidelines. Its what you COULD face, worst case scenario thing.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #489 on: September 06, 2017, 02:05:02 PM »
I seriously doubt Cory will do any time at all. Heavy fines and community service, probably AA and this will take months to resolve.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2208
« Reply #490 on: September 06, 2017, 02:15:11 PM »
I seriously doubt Cory will do any time at all. Heavy fines and community service, probably AA and this will take months to resolve.
Possibly,but with a death involved the variables aren't in his favor

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #491 on: September 06, 2017, 03:34:36 PM »
Expand Quote

His first court date was for purposes to obtain a lawyer, plead guilty, plead not guilty, or get a continuance. Hes probably gonna have a few court dates until he gets a punishment or sentence. I'm guessing hes gonna just get a lengthy probation.�
[close]

VA is pretty tough too.  I spent $3k on a lawyer, $1k fine, and $500 on some stupid state alcohol education class (We just watched movies), plus 3 days in jail.  Granted I rocked out a .18 in the middle of the day, on my way to the library.  I was at home watching some college basketball game and got the text that my book was ready to pick up.  I was so dumb.  The library is a 15 walk from my house, but it was cold out. 

The part about drinking experience is true.  I was drinking at full alcoholic level at the time.  I took the breathalyzer b/c I thought I was under .08.  I did not feel drunk at all.  In VA you are guilty if you refuse, but the penalties are a lot less than at my BAC.

Will never drive even after a sip again.  VA has a DUI law called, "Two in Five" where if you get two DUIs in five years you are totally fucked. 

Still does not excuse what Cory supposedly did.  Innocent until proven guilty and all.  He'll have to live with the memory for the rest of his life.  I am against people who are not dangers to society doing jail time.  It costs the tax payers a ton money and doesn't really rehabilitate people.  Just scares them.  Make him do community service or go work and give 50% of his earnings to the family or something.

I wonder what Nike HQ thinks about all this? 

KDP

• Rep: 12
« Reply #492 on: September 06, 2017, 03:50:34 PM »

VA is pretty tough too.  I spent $3k on a lawyer, $1k fine, and $500 on some stupid state alcohol education class (We just watched movies), plus 3 days in jail.  Granted I rocked out a .18 in the middle of the day, on my way to the library.  I was at home watching some college basketball game and got the text that my book was ready to pick up.  I was so dumb.  The library is a 15 walk from my house, but it was cold out. 

The part about drinking experience is true.  I was drinking at full alcoholic level at the time.  I took the breathalyzer b/c I thought I was under .08.  I did not feel drunk at all.  In VA you are guilty if you refuse, but the penalties are a lot less than at my BAC.

Will never drive even after a sip again.  VA has a DUI law called, "Two in Five" where if you get two DUIs in five years you are totally fucked. 

Still does not excuse what Cory supposedly did.  Innocent until proven guilty and all.  He'll have to live with the memory for the rest of his life.  I am against people who are not dangers to society doing jail time.  It costs the tax payers a ton money and doesn't really rehabilitate people.  Just scares them.  Make him do community service or go work and give 50% of his earnings to the family or something.

Solid post.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #493 on: September 06, 2017, 05:53:33 PM »
As much as I appreciate SFB talking out his ass about the law (that's a serious statement), I feel like we need Slap's resident lawyer to chime in. Where's tortfeasor at?

I didn't think this was the right thread for the subject
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:37:02 AM by tortfeasor »
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #494 on: September 06, 2017, 09:28:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Solid post.

A solid post is no post at all on the topic...

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #495 on: September 06, 2017, 09:53:44 PM »
1. He's rich
    --I looked into his attorney and its not some public defender. Hes a top DUI attorney. All the evidence will come into play, but they will push it back for years possibly. He will probably do a 6month stay in a state run treatment program which is like ez jail but imagine 6 months of 7am to 9pm of counseling and treatmen courses. Probably get a felony, which cant be deferred by law in WA. Felony negligent endangerment, possible DUI as well. 10k plus in fines. Extra jail suspended upon completion of treatment, with 3-5 year tail (probation). So if he pisses dirty or gets caught drinking, he sits all the suspended time. Good behavior and probation adherence means 1/2 to 2/3 probation and he's off with good behavior.

2. He's rich
    --P stone's family may seek a civil case against corey for the wrongful/negligent death;  depending what he makes (contracts, sponsors, etc) and what his assets are (homes, cash, accounts, investments, TRUST FUNDS), could equal millions.

3. The judge/prosecutors will look at the big picture
    --his community involvement and other aspects of his past behavior allow the sentencing some discretion.

4. He has to live with his actions for the rest of his life
   --No punishment equals his mental battle, he may become suicidal or turn to drugs to numb the pain. HE HAS A LONG ROAD AHEAD OF HIM and the overal prospects of his life look bleak.

5. RIP P Stone

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #496 on: September 06, 2017, 10:14:21 PM »
People pointing out that he's rich you going to fucking tell me that if you had that money you wouldn't spend top dollar either and get the best attorney you can afford?

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #497 on: September 06, 2017, 10:56:04 PM »

Yea I have know some people that have gotten the dui knocked down to a reckless. But I have also heard it isn't cheap either. In the long run you just pay more and more money,

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #498 on: September 07, 2017, 06:18:11 AM »
good come sausage

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #499 on: September 07, 2017, 09:26:57 AM »
I was happy to see Gary speak out against drunk driving at the end of this weeks skateline.

Through the sadness, we have to confront how easily avoidable tragedies like this are.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #500 on: September 07, 2017, 09:38:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Does anyone have links to any new P-Stone edits. Any besides the few that are posted everywhere.  Been watching lots of the Bru Ray's.  Every time I hear his voice, my thoughts go back to his family.
Also, Has there been any info on services released?  

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #501 on: September 07, 2017, 12:10:10 PM »
Quote from: Shifty Flip  link=topic=96452.msg2683911#msg2683911 date=1504802282
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Does anyone have links to any new P-Stone edits. Any besides the few that are posted everywhere.  Been watching lots of the Bru Ray's.  Every time I hear his voice, my thoughts go back to his family.
Also, Has there been any info on services released?  
I got these from some dudes collection of VHS he kicked down, don't even remember them from the 90s, Justice I and II, pretty standard independent video from the late 90s stuff, not great but pretty cool, a lot of the better stuff end ed up in 411s and thrashers
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a5920061c3c8a82714fb617248d97f9920170907184856/61259e

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #502 on: September 07, 2017, 01:29:03 PM »
If you are near Helsinki Finland next saturday Pat Duffy is hosting memorial event for him at Suvilahti DIY:
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #503 on: September 07, 2017, 02:11:10 PM »

thomas kook

« Reply #504 on: September 08, 2017, 10:05:28 AM »
looks like jim t is releasing the old big dog boards for 200 a piece, proceeds obviously going to the maigetter family

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #505 on: September 08, 2017, 12:05:19 PM »
looks like jim t is releasing the old big dog boards for 200 a piece, proceeds obviously going to the maigetter family

good come sausage

franc

• Rep: 102
« Reply #506 on: September 08, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #507 on: September 08, 2017, 11:10:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really awesome to see these already sold out we have a great community in skateboarding
Rip p stone

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #508 on: September 09, 2017, 01:05:19 AM »
Quote from: Bumpovertrash  link=topic=96452.msg2684613#msg2684613 date=1504937454
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Really awesome to see these already sold out we have a great community in skateboarding
Rip p stone

damn that is so sick. Wish I coulda gotten my hands on one. Pretty awesome that its all going to his family. Much respect

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #509 on: September 09, 2017, 03:07:32 PM »
This is great, o'dell with a heartfelt post