Author Topic: Hockey III  (Read 48464 times)

MexicanSpaniard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey III
« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2017, 03:05:14 PM »
why the fuck is benk sponsored let alone pro?!

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2017, 03:39:30 PM »
why the fuck is benk sponsored let alone pro?!

I'm going to chalk it up to his try-hard persona...  I don't get it either.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2017, 03:53:38 PM »
I'm sure this appeals to a certain crowd, but I ain't in that crowd. Gonna go watch a Tiago part or something else that doesn't seem like someone so far up their own ass that they forgot to make skateboarding look nice.

snaps

• Rep: 0
« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2017, 04:18:18 PM »
Hyped on AA spots and trick selection. Makes me want to skate

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2279
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2017, 05:35:11 PM »

Shits tight dammit.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #185 on: November 03, 2017, 10:24:24 PM »
so many shitty backside flips in this one :'(
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2017, 02:07:00 AM »
I was scared for AA when he bombed that hill switch. I cheered for AA when he blunt flip fakied. I laughed when AA rolled down that bank and off that curb stiff as a board. I racked my brains trying to figure out if AA's song was in The Lost Boys. I didn't even know that I liked AA.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Larry

• Rep: 8
« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2017, 06:32:24 AM »
Piscopo is probably the only dude in this world skating in janoskis
Just shred some serious gnar.

ImportantGuy

« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2017, 07:26:45 AM »
I was scared for AA when he bombed that hill switch. I cheered for AA when he blunt flip fakied. I laughed when AA rolled down that bank and off that curb stiff as a board. I racked my brains trying to figure out if AA's song was in The Lost Boys. I didn't even know that I liked AA.

Also, thanks to Strobeck for changing how videos look and feel so much. I prefer this long lens montage style much better than part 1 - part 2 - part 3 all fisheye everything.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #189 on: November 04, 2017, 08:52:05 AM »
Double  A is the shit!!! He killed it with the new guy. Always stoked to see new big john footy. I don't know what it is about donny maybe how he holds himself seems a bit iffy but I like his approach to skating. Clearly you can see gilbert crockets influence on him. Ben has gotten a bit fat. hopefully he has footage saved and not that hes piled out. Shawn pablo should try to learn new tricks you can only go so far doing lines of two backtails..

Overall it was a good experience hopefully there will AA re edits

calvinsdream

« Reply #190 on: November 04, 2017, 08:59:25 AM »
I'm sure this appeals to a certain crowd, but I ain't in that crowd. Gonna go watch a Tiago part or something else that doesn't seem like someone so far up their own ass that they forgot to make skateboarding look nice.

What

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2288
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #191 on: November 04, 2017, 09:50:53 AM »
I hope someone followed the suggestion on the poster and maybe took acid and went to one of the premieres. That would have been a weeeeeeeeird one.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 01:02:00 PM by Watson »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #192 on: November 04, 2017, 11:06:59 AM »
benny and AA make a great combo

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #193 on: November 04, 2017, 11:10:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

What

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #194 on: November 04, 2017, 12:44:08 PM »
That was a sick intro for caleb. Shit was tough. I always look forward to these hockey edits which I believe is a sign that they do shit right. There isn't an overabundance of footage or hype around these dudes so when something drops....its actually a treat. The spots were pretty crusty and the skating was crushing all throughout. 10/10 would bang.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2017, 02:56:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

What
[close]

First dude was pretty sick, not feeling the rest. Never been an Andrew Allen fan really... it's that big upper body/kinda fat guy look, plus his sense of fashion over the last several years. Looks like a retiree living on a golf course in Florida or something. As for the aesthetic of the video, I'm long since over Strobeck's Dan Wolfe copy cat filming style that he's beating to death every edit (though I loved Dan Wolfe's filming), and all the unnecessary slow mo's. Not saying anyone sucks, just not into it. The "so far up their own ass..." comment was because it seems like having the right thrift store look is more important than doing tricks well... and just all those damn slo mo's of dudes bailing tricks, close ups of faces etc. Get over yourselves. Tuck that back pocket back in Donny, ya look like a tool.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2017, 03:18:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

What
[close]

[close]

... it's that big upper body/kinda fat look
As a big upper body kinda fat looking guy (I'm actually all muscle ;)) fuck you. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #197 on: November 04, 2017, 03:33:52 PM »

As a big upper body kinda fat looking guy (I'm actually all muscle ;)) fuck you. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Hey man, I also don't like my own style, or people who have style like mine. But I'm stuck with it. Lanky with crazy arms and big feet.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #198 on: November 04, 2017, 03:40:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hey man, I also don't like my own style, or people who have style like mine. But I'm stuck with it. Lanky with crazy arms and big feet.
I love my style. I love AA's style. God damn it, big men look good on a board. Let us live, let us live.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #199 on: November 04, 2017, 03:43:18 PM »

I love my style. I love AA's style. God damn it, big men look good on a board. Let us live, let us live.

It takes all types. ;)

One thing I will say - somehow, just from his footage, I feel like AA would be a rad dude.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2017, 04:10:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It takes all types. ;)

One thing I will say - somehow, just from his footage, I feel like AA would be a rad dude.
We can agree on that.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2017, 04:31:25 PM »

We can agree on that.

The look on his face when he almost died on that kickflip into the bank, and in the pile of leaves... priceless.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #202 on: November 04, 2017, 04:34:03 PM »
Now, that Sour edit, and every Sour edit... that's my shit. Can't get enough. Trend free, straight talent.

ImportantGuy

« Reply #203 on: November 04, 2017, 04:50:26 PM »
Now, that Sour edit, and every Sour edit... that's my shit. Can't get enough. Trend free, straight talent.
Just can't get enough Gustav.

le88

• Rep: -7
« Reply #204 on: November 04, 2017, 05:25:09 PM »

shane o neil still does. stefan also

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: November 04, 2017, 05:30:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

What
[close]

[close]

First dude was pretty sick, not feeling the rest. Never been an Andrew Allen fan really... it's that big upper body/kinda fat guy look, plus his sense of fashion over the last several years. Looks like a retiree living on a golf course in Florida or something. As for the aesthetic of the video, I'm long since over Strobeck's Dan Wolfe copy cat filming style that he's beating to death every edit (though I loved Dan Wolfe's filming), and all the unnecessary slow mo's. Not saying anyone sucks, just not into it. The "so far up their own ass..." comment was because it seems like having the right thrift store look is more important than doing tricks well... and just all those damn slo mo's of dudes bailing tricks, close ups of faces etc. Get over yourselves. Tuck that back pocket back in Donny, ya look like a tool.
I feel you, the slo mo and fuckery can be overdone. Still dig the skating and majority of it all though.
Expand Quote
[close]

shane o neil still does. stefan also
Stefan skates?

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2017, 05:30:31 PM »
Hyped on AA spots and trick selection. Makes me want to skate
Him and Kevin killed it.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2017, 05:43:13 PM »
New dude is sick

AA and Donovan are two of my favorites right now.

Donovan's got that surfesque flow that looks great. Despite having high profile sponsors (i.e. opening part in a Nike video) he seems to fly a bit under the radar. Cool to see him skating the slip-on Janoskis. I have a wide foot and those were the first Janoskis I could actually skate and I haven't seen much footage of others in them.

Andrew Allen's output over the past few years (he has been a footage machine since leaving OC for LA) has seen him enter the conversation for all-time classic styles. The eye for creative spots, trick selection, and switch skills are undeniable. I can see how his outfits could be controversial, but I personally think they are rad and just add to it all.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

MC3

• Rep: 142
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2017, 06:15:30 PM »

Andrew Allen's output over the past few years (he has been a footage machine since leaving OC for LA) has seen him enter the conversation for all-time classic styles. The eye for creative spots, trick selection, and switch skills are undeniable. I can see how his outfits could be controversial, but I personally think they are rad and just add to it all.

Even if it's technically a "shared" part (that could've been by itself in any other video), his Propeller footage is my stand out part of his. It still gets me super sparked to skate.

That being said almost all of his stuff never disappoints
(Cool Trick GIF)

Joey Fatone

• Rep: -14
« Reply #209 on: November 04, 2017, 09:10:42 PM »
cool stuff

but why is that first part set to the score from "Sicario" ?