Author Topic: How would you make a lame brand cool again?  (Read 14073 times)

social justice warrior

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
  • if you disagree, you are cancelled!
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: How would you make a lame brand cool again?
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2020, 10:43:12 AM »
Cancel the whole team, get a full team of Ryan Lays, then name it something cool like "Lit AF Sk8brdz"

Cancel all boomers and Gen X pros.

Us millennials run the show now

#triggered

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2020, 11:34:48 AM »
Make every "uncool" brand have square  nose decks and graphics with random quotes on it

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2020, 12:47:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Etnies is on their way back up the ladder I reckon
[close]

They’ve tried, it’s just never taken.  The biggest push I remember was when they made a big deal about Arto, then added Rune, janoski, Dill, and some others.  I was a big Arto fan at the time, but the design wasn’t enough to pull the trigger, not when the Lakai Howard 3 was around

no. it is your core-perspective that makes it seem this way. their biggest push was ryan schekler. every kid approved etnies. millions were skating the maranas. the etnis videos are super appreciated. look at the videocounts compared to vids you may think of as more relevant. etnies got sold huuuge time. no one ever got looked bad at for skating them.

i propably share your views and prefer different stuff then etnies.  but in the big picture they mattered big time.
and don´t underestimate how much kids and grownups love joslins skating.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2020, 08:47:48 PM »
I feel like Ipath could make a comeback
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2020, 09:18:48 PM »
Make sure your product is good.
Get Bobby worrest on your team
Film an edit
Marketing.
Boom.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2020, 09:39:47 PM »
Nice try Craigtap. Just pack it in already
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2020, 09:59:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

They’ve tried, it’s just never taken.  The biggest push I remember was when they made a big deal about Arto, then added Rune, janoski, Dill, and some others.  I was a big Arto fan at the time, but the design wasn’t enough to pull the trigger, not when the Lakai Howard 3 was around
[close]

no. it is your core-perspective that makes it seem this way. their biggest push was ryan schekler. every kid approved etnies. millions were skating the maranas. the etnis videos are super appreciated. look at the videocounts compared to vids you may think of as more relevant. etnies got sold huuuge time. no one ever got looked bad at for skating them.

i propably share your views and prefer different stuff then etnies.  but in the big picture they mattered big time.
Sheckler has never had any other footwear sponsor, he got on when he was 10. I get the whole Sheckler show/ xgames shit but the flip team, janoski and dill team build was the biggest push in Etnies history.  Unless you’re including the Calicut mall kid pac sun push that included a full motocross, surf, bmx and snowboard team

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2020, 11:18:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Sheckler has never had any other footwear sponsor, he got on when he was 10. I get the whole Sheckler show/ xgames shit but the flip team, janoski and dill team build was the biggest push in Etnies history.  Unless you’re including the Calicut mall kid pac sun push that included a full motocross, surf, bmx and snowboard team

They had a full on countdown on their site to announce Arto and the rebrand.  Btw, this was in 2003.   If they put a video out with this team, it would have helped them ascend and maintain.

My answer to the topic question is to do the opposite of what DC did when it hired Berra to revamp the brand and they changed the logo to a flag

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2020, 06:01:24 AM »
This came up before and someone gave the one example of a company that has gone from kooky to somewhat respected amongst the dozens that have done it the other way around, but I can't remember what it was. Powell maybe? When they had their brief run with the Fun video. Didn't seem to last long
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2020, 03:05:44 AM »
Powell could be cool again if they

1-move away from VCJ (his current stuff is nowhere nearly as good as his old), and start doing new stuff.

Their new series of insect portraits are fucking stunning, actually. More of this.

https://powell-peralta.com/powell-peralta-flightr-skateboard-deck-biss-bark-mantis-shape-245-8-75-x-32-95

2- introducing new tech like the flight deck was a great move. Others like SC are copying it.

3- they need to drop an epic video. Give their riders some exposure, there are some amazing talent that is just being relegated to YouTube, that could be put to make something that rivals the Vans flick with multiple generations of skaters.

Plus all different styles too, from freestyle, to street, to vert, to downhill to whatever && is. It could truly be another game-changer
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea