Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 541332 times)

FrozenIndustries

Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #3660 on: August 07, 2021, 03:37:09 PM »

Slave War Pig 9.5", WB redrilled to 14"
Ace 44 classic, three washers inside each wheel, Indy super soft bottoms
Ace 1/8" risers and 1/16" shock pads
56mm F4 Conical Full
Jessup, Reds, Shorty's

I had ordered a Dane 1 but the shop doesn't seem to want to send it, so I got this as a consolation prize.

Redrilled the WB with the Chems tool since 14.5" is longer than I like. Also made my first sad attempt at a surf stripe. I got to skate it for an hour and so far I love it, feels good to have put the 44s on and not bugged out thinking I needed new trucks.

Fhk

« Reply #3661 on: August 07, 2021, 08:36:09 PM »
That tip with the shelltoes worked like a charm @Seventyfuhkinseven Quick session before work this morning and I’m loving the board and shoes now. Thanks homie!
Hell ya!!!

listentoaheartbeat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3662 on: August 08, 2021, 07:46:28 AM »
Sadly the 58mm 97A Conical Fulls never seemed to reach Finland, only 54mm.

Some 56mm that should ship to Finland without problems (free shipping from 100€, too):

https://www.freedomskateshop.at/de/skate/skateboard/rollen/spitfire-56mm-97a-formula-four-conical-full-wheels

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #3663 on: August 08, 2021, 10:34:59 AM »

Gonz SweatPants 9.81 x 32 x 14.38, mellow concave
ACe 55
Big wheels

I scored this on OfferUp =)

fakie varial flip

« Reply #3664 on: August 08, 2021, 02:19:45 PM »
Would it be stupid to use an egg as a cruiser/slappy board? I have a black label adams 9.5ish punk point which I use for this purpose currently with 87a wheels - are egg boards built more around actually skating them (like Villani, Axel, etc)?

I previously had a heroin streetballer shape which was way more fun than my current setup - could slappy, ride transition, 360 flip if you felt like doing more than just cruising. Almost none of this shit feels good on the punk point

KillDayoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #3665 on: August 08, 2021, 04:17:33 PM »
Would it be stupid to use an egg as a cruiser/slappy board? I have a black label adams 9.5ish punk point which I use for this purpose currently with 87a wheels - are egg boards built more around actually skating them (like Villani, Axel, etc)?

I previously had a heroin streetballer shape which was way more fun than my current setup - could slappy, ride transition, 360 flip if you felt like doing more than just cruising. Almost none of this shit feels good on the punk point

Don't over think it, if you feel like it'll be fun then do it. If it isn't fun then don't do it.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #3666 on: August 08, 2021, 04:50:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't over think it, if you feel like it'll be fun then do it. If it isn't fun then don't do it.

I love my Dane 1 but if I wanted an egg for curb skateboarding I would get this...

KillDayoy

« Reply #3667 on: August 08, 2021, 04:59:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I love my Dane 1 but if I wanted an egg for curb skateboarding I would get this...

I was so close to ordering this board a couple days ago but I ended up finding one of the Blast 9.5 footballs and went with that instead! I pretty much only skate Heroin boards at this point but I'm stoked to give some UK wood a try

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3668 on: August 08, 2021, 07:17:55 PM »
Chico just replied to me on insta (like a real man), he has a new big boy coming out in the following weeks!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

foureyedjim

« Reply #3669 on: August 08, 2021, 09:31:26 PM »

56mm F4 Conical Full
Jessup, Reds, Shorty's

I had ordered a Dane 1 but the shop doesn't seem to want to send it, so I got this as a consolation prize.

Redrilled the WB with the Chems tool since 14.5" is longer than I like. Also made my first sad attempt at a surf stripe. I got to skate it for an hour and so far I love it, feels good to have put the 44s on and not bugged out thinking I needed new trucks.

I'm curious how you get the stringer so perfect down the line.  Do you mark reference points or just eyeball it?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #3670 on: August 08, 2021, 11:08:08 PM »
Expand Quote

56mm F4 Conical Full
Jessup, Reds, Shorty's

[close]

I'm curious how you get the stringer so perfect down the line.  Do you mark reference points or just eyeball it?

Either your handle is on point, or your sarcasm is messing with me.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 11:27:31 PM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

foureyedjim

« Reply #3671 on: August 08, 2021, 11:28:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

56mm F4 Conical Full
Jessup, Reds, Shorty's

[close]

[close]

haha I think it's because mine tapers off on one side and* it's diagonal that yours looks pretty darn good.  Not really sure what the best method is.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #3672 on: August 08, 2021, 11:42:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

56mm F4 Conical Full
Jessup, Reds, Shorty's

[close]

[close]

[close]

haha I think it's because mine tapers off on one side and* it's diagonal that yours looks pretty darn good.  Not really sure what the best method is.

It’s not my board, I’m just butting in. But I go a lot of grip jobs.

I recommend cutting the grip down the middle, but using the straight outer edges of the grip to make your line with. Either mark beforehand on the board, or eyeball it by making sure the bolts are evenly covered. The bolts are the best way to determine centerline.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

slappy50

• gear madness abounds
« Reply #3673 on: August 08, 2021, 11:47:50 PM »
even easier if u do it on the toeside bolts since its even harder to get it crooked that way than down the middle, at least in my experience. sometimes shops give u grip thats uneven on the outside edge and that sucks
niggling

[/quote]

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3674 on: August 09, 2021, 06:26:00 AM »
@foureyedjim cut it down the middle and then used the outside edges. Thanks for the kind words!

@cucktard already said it was my first attempt in the description, thanks for the "kind words", friendo
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 06:35:47 AM by FrozenIndustries »

animalflesh

« Reply #3675 on: August 09, 2021, 06:31:50 AM »
I like the idea of the 44 on that, must feel like a surfboard

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3676 on: August 09, 2021, 06:37:23 AM »
I like the idea of the 44 on that, must feel like a surfboard

It's pretty surfy. With the taper in the back, weird wheels, and extra washers there isn't super crazy magic carpet.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #3677 on: August 09, 2021, 06:44:44 AM »
the tiredskateboards.asia website messed up my order. i ordered the Golf Deal 9.375" deck. but when i received it today, the width is actually 8.875". The sticker on the deck says 9.375". plus the 8.875” deck is cheaper then the 9.375". already msg them on insta. waiting for a reply.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3678 on: August 09, 2021, 06:53:35 AM »
the tiredskateboards.asia website messed up my order. i ordered the Golf Deal 9.375" deck. but when i received it today, the width is actually 8.875". The sticker on the deck says 9.375". plus the 8.875” deck is cheaper then the 9.375". already msg them on insta. waiting for a reply.

My Sigar was listed as 9.25" x 32.25" with a 14" WB, but it ended up being 9" x 31.625" with a 14.38" WB. Ended up loving it and still keep it in rotation, but yeah. I think all their measurements are just wrong.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #3679 on: August 09, 2021, 07:36:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My Sigar was listed as 9.25" x 32.25" with a 14" WB, but it ended up being 9" x 31.625" with a 14.38" WB. Ended up loving it and still keep it in rotation, but yeah. I think all their measurements are just wrong.

i re-measured, it's actually 8.75". so i'm missing 0.625". the wheelbase is 14".

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #3680 on: August 09, 2021, 05:45:06 PM »
Painted and re-set up the skatepaige twin tail egg.  Feels good, little heavy, but good.
Thunder 161
Thunder wood risers
Bronson ceramics
Speed Lab 58mm

animalflesh

« Reply #3681 on: August 10, 2021, 07:25:57 AM »
Hooked up by my dude Freelancevagrant with trucks and a deck

Polar 91
159 hollow (extra soft front bushings)
1/4 riser
1 1/4 hardware
Big balls
Classic 60
Rib bones

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #3682 on: August 10, 2021, 08:26:39 AM »
Hooked up by my dude Freelancevagrant with trucks and a deck

Polar 91
159 hollow (extra soft front bushings)
1/4 riser
1 1/4 hardware
Big balls
Classic 60
Rib bones

God damn it dude it’s so gorgeous
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3683 on: August 10, 2021, 09:01:12 AM »

56mm F4 Conical Full
Jessup, Reds, Shorty's

Damn, I think I might have to copy that set up but slap on some OJ 55mm Mini Juice on there.

disclosed

• Rep: 175
« Reply #3684 on: August 11, 2021, 06:14:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was so close to ordering this board a couple days ago but I ended up finding one of the Blast 9.5 footballs and went with that instead! I pretty much only skate Heroin boards at this point but I'm stoked to give some UK wood a try

wanted to order the 9.5 Blast along with the Snelling deck but they didnt have it on their site. i've been skating some Blast decks since big Heroin decks are rare in mainland Europe since the pandemic hit. i think the concave feels similiar, i hope you'll like it.
i would love to get my hands on a Mutant Egg or better, the 10" egg for a curb setup. but theres about a 6 months delay now. and even then not sure if they will hit any stores in my country.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3685 on: August 11, 2021, 09:25:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

wanted to order the 9.5 Blast along with the Snelling deck but they didnt have it on their site. i've been skating some Blast decks since big Heroin decks are rare in mainland Europe since the pandemic hit. i think the concave feels similiar, i hope you'll like it.
i would love to get my hands on a Mutant Egg or better, the 10" egg for a curb setup. but theres about a 6 months delay now. and even then not sure if they will hit any stores in my country.

I have the Blast 9.5" egg on the way from Grind Supply UK for the same reason, kinda over trying to get the Heroin 10" egg. Fos said on Insta they are still to be shipped in Europe and a second batch is coming, but I didn’t feel like daily web searches for weeks.

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #3686 on: August 11, 2021, 01:51:36 PM »
i asked in the setup thread but is there any difference in the couch and loveseat shapes aside from the .25 in width?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3687 on: August 11, 2021, 02:23:09 PM »
i asked in the setup thread but is there any difference in the couch and loveseat shapes aside from the .25 in width?

Nope, same WB, nose, and tail.

KillDayoy

« Reply #3688 on: August 11, 2021, 06:41:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I have the Blast 9.5" egg on the way from Grind Supply UK for the same reason, kinda over trying to get the Heroin 10" egg. Fos said on Insta they are still to be shipped in Europe and a second batch is coming, but I didn’t feel like daily web searches for weeks.

Yeah from what I gather you guys are still a month or two away from having them available at all, even in the states they're hard to get. If you don't jump on them in the first day or two you're not getting one. Definitely don't regret this blast egg though! Concave and shape are great, a little longer than I'm used to but still super fun. And I'm a sucker for yellow boards so that's another plus

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3689 on: August 11, 2021, 11:21:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah from what I gather you guys are still a month or two away from having them available at all, even in the states they're hard to get. If you don't jump on them in the first day or two you're not getting one. Definitely don't regret this blast egg though! Concave and shape are great, a little longer than I'm used to but still super fun. And I'm a sucker for yellow boards so that's another plus

I am also worried, if I get the Heroin egg and enjoy it, will I have to hunt them down like this twice a year? I am used to spending some time finding decks since I exclusively ride 9"+ with short WB, but this is getting out of hand.

Definitely looking forward to the Blast. Graphic is more my thing than the Curb Killer anyway and I suppose I can use my 169s instead of getting new trucks for this egg setup. Might shorten the WB a bit.