Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 537884 times)

disclosed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 172
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #3840 on: September 19, 2021, 01:40:55 PM »

Expand Quote

oh damn you won it, thats sick! congrats.
i got word they should be hitting shops in the netherlands soon aswell.
anyway i heard the Ace AF1 77s are the best fit for it.
but 215's are a lot of fun to skate. those with small wheels made slappys so easy for me.
but i'll probably set mine up with my 196's since thats what my street setup has already. that is if i ever get one ofcourse.
[close]

They do? I'm still looking for a Zane Timpson Theatre deck but I have yet to see one in a European store. If you're looking for Heroin decks in The Netherlands I could recommend checking out Route One, the UK webshop, they stock them for better prices than Skatestore, even with shipping from the UK. Don't really know what their policy is on taxing since Brexit, but I've seen a lot of shops guarantee no extra costs on shipping acros the border.

i don't know if they ordered those too. but they had the option to order the Zane, Deerman, Jay Green and Curb Killer decks 2 weeks ago. so maybe that goes for other euro shops too? would explain why you havn't seen them yet.

the prices are crazy these days yeah, almost a 100 euro for a deck. sadly all my UK orders been fucked over by brexit this year. avarage is 32 euro extra for the import taxes and shit. i like Blast Skates but been paying like 120 euro to get them here now. its not fun anymore so hope Heroin distibution in Europe picks up its pace again. saves me atleast a little money.

i got the new Craig Questions deck now. guess i'll set it up this week since my injury is almost healed.
i'm also curious about the new symetrical egg next drop. seems it will be 9.75 instead of 9.5. so its gonna be another big boy.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #3841 on: September 19, 2021, 03:26:01 PM »
Anyone know the dims on this? I know it’s 9 1/2” and  about a 14.25 wb but they don’t have anything on the site other than width.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3842 on: September 20, 2021, 01:45:54 AM »
Anyone know the dims on this? I know it’s 9 1/2” and  about a 14.25 wb but they don’t have anything on the site other than width.

I just happened on their Instagram and it looks like a lot of others wanted the info too.

“Shrooms” specs: 9.5 x 31.5 | 14.25 WB

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #3843 on: September 20, 2021, 01:50:24 AM »
Expand Quote
I won a Heroin Curb Killer from their latest contest and I wanna make a dedicated curb setup out if it, but I was wondering which size trucks to get. I have some Ace 55s laying around but I guess that they'll be a tad narrow on a 10 inch egg. Indy 215s seem to stick out a bit as the egg shape tapers quite a lot, any suggestions on the best fitting truck?
[close]

Congrats!  Super fun board.

I've skated it with 77s and 215s.  It tapers to 9.6 over the trucks so 77s do fit bitter and in general make the board feel more nimble.  The 215's make it feel really stable and I don't really notice them poking out.  I would say it comes down to your preference in Ace vs. Indy but if you plan on doing anything tech or flipping it, definitely get the 77s

nice..i hv access to 215s & 66s classic via the local shop..they don't hv the af1 77s.still hv time to think which truck to get for the curbkiller deck, coz it's gonna take almost a month for the package to reach here.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #3844 on: September 20, 2021, 07:05:27 AM »
Polar 9"
Indy 169 Ti
54mm F4's

Trying to find a happy medium between "normal" sized setups I used to ride and crazy 10" setups I've been riding and I'm hoping this does the trick.

Shape is really good with a nice long nose and tail

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #3845 on: September 20, 2021, 09:44:07 AM »
Re-uploaded a new photo as I hate my carpet

Birthday set-up. Can't ride until my ankle is fully healed.

Heroin 10.1" Eye baller
Indy 169
58 OJ Mini Combo 101a
Bronson Ceramics
Dooks 1/4" risers
Mob
Shorty's Bolts

disclosed

• Rep: 172
« Reply #3846 on: September 20, 2021, 10:30:23 AM »
out with the old, in with the new.
its a shame i coulnt skate the last 2 months due to an injury, would've liked to get some more sessions on the Siamese. but i can't sit on the Craig Questions any longer. i've skated the 10" Big Guy shape before and that one was so good. the new 9.5 shape is a slimmed down version of the Big Guy, can barely see the diffrence, its a bit slimmer in the middle, wheelbase is the same, tail is the same and the nose is a little shorter. i'm sure im going to like this one.

djoekr

• Rep: 293
« Reply #3847 on: September 20, 2021, 11:38:50 AM »
out with the old, in with the new.
its a shame i coulnt skate the last 2 months due to an injury, would've liked to get some more sessions on the Siamese. but i can't sit on the Craig Questions any longer. i've skated the 10" Big Guy shape before and that one was so good. the new 9.5 shape is a slimmed down version of the Big Guy, can barely see the diffrence, its a bit slimmer in the middle, wheelbase is the same, tail is the same and the nose is a little shorter. i'm sure im going to like this one.

That Craig Questions deck is an absolute beauty, hope you enjoy it. Those first sessions after healing from an injury are the best ones as well. I've broken my ankle skating before and those 10 weeks of recovery felt like an eternity.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #3848 on: September 20, 2021, 12:57:08 PM »

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I've got 2 big boys in the rotation.

Left Board: Basically Christmas Complete for my birthday. Just rolled around on it so far but I'm planning on it being my curb board.

10" Heroin Dead Dave Mutant Shape
Indy 215 with Bones Hard, flat washer on top and bottom
60mm NFG V Shape 95a
Mix of Mob Black and Clear Grip
Bronson G2 Bearings
1/4" Indy Risers
1 1/4" Shorty's Allen Bolts
Santa Cruz Pink Rails

Right Board: My "normal" popsicle set up. Second time trying this board, felt too long and hard to pop but the switch from Thunder 161 to Indy 159 made a huge difference. Mostly skating flat, ledges, banks and trying to learn transition on this board.

9" Anti Hero Orange Eagle
159 Indy Hollow Hanger/Mid Baseplate, Bones Hard Flat washer on top only
58 Spitfire Conical Full 97a
Mix of Mob Black and Clear
Bronson G2 Bearings
1/8" Bones Risers

Lurking Shoes and Gear has given me plenty of madness but has also helped me dial in my set ups. Stopped skating for 5 years and got back into 2 years ago. I'm a bigger guy at 6'3 and 210 lbs and I love that there's plenty of options in the 9"+ deck and 95-97a wheels category nowadays. My local park is slippery as hell and roads/sidewalks around here are pretty rough. Hope this hasn't been too long winded of a first post haha.

Did you drill the back truck back on the orange eagle? And if so, why? I don't want to diss you, I am just curious to know. Both setups look really fun.
IG: @flowterspace

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3849 on: September 20, 2021, 01:09:36 PM »
Expand Quote

Left Board: Basically Christmas Complete for my birthday. Just rolled around on it so far but I'm planning on it being my curb board.

60mm NFG V Shape 95a
Bronson G2 Bearings
1/4" Indy Risers
Santa Cruz Pink Rails

Right Board: My "normal" popsicle set up. Second time trying this board, felt too long and hard to pop but the switch from Thunder 161 to Indy 159 made a huge difference. Mostly skating flat, ledges, banks and trying to learn transition on this board.

Bronson G2 Bearings
1/8" Bones Risers

Lurking Shoes and Gear has given me plenty of madness but has also helped me dial in my set ups. Stopped skating for 5 years and got back into 2 years ago. I'm a bigger guy at 6'3 and 210 lbs and I love that there's plenty of options in the 9"+ deck and 95-97a wheels category nowadays. My local park is slippery as hell and roads/sidewalks around here are pretty rough. Hope this hasn't been too long winded of a first post haha.
[close]

Did you drill the back truck back on the orange eagle? And if so, why? I don't want to diss you, I am just curious to know. Both setups look really fun.

I'd assume it's to increase wheelbase and to increase leverage by filling in the space between the truck and tail.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3850 on: September 20, 2021, 06:18:57 PM »
Those orange eagles do have long tails, especially when compared to some other boards of smaller sizes.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3851 on: September 20, 2021, 07:32:39 PM »
I just saw this post with Uma decks for Roman going pro.

Always good to see board dimensions listed too.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3852 on: September 20, 2021, 07:43:37 PM »
^That's a nice shape and I'm really glad that brands are putting out shaped boards with smaller wheelbases these days
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3853 on: September 20, 2021, 08:04:58 PM »
^That's a nice shape and I'm really glad that brands are putting out shaped boards with smaller wheelbases these days

Interesting that the other boards have the more normal length and wheelbases, but the shaped board is shorter, which might make it more fun for those who want that sort of thing.

I went looking for the top to see the shape better and found a good one of it.

I can see the BBS hologram sticker on the top of these boards (over the back truck bolts) so it would be interesting to see if they are the same everywhere.

As per the previous post, the site also has all dimensions of these decks, which is always nice.

UMA PUNCH AND RUN ROMAN 9.25"
First Edition Roman Pabich pro model
Art by Nathaniel Russell

Custom "ROME" Shape

9.25" x 32" / 14.25" WB

https://www.uma-landsleds.com/collections/boards/products/uma-punch-and-run-roman-9-25

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3854 on: September 20, 2021, 08:15:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Interesting that the other boards have the more normal length and wheelbases, but the shaped board is shorter, which might make it more fun for those who want that sort of thing.

I went looking for the top to see the shape better and found a good one of it.

I can see the BBS hologram sticker on the top of these boards (over the back truck bolts) so it would be interesting to see if they are the same everywhere.

As per the previous post, the site also has all dimensions of these decks, which is always nice.

UMA PUNCH AND RUN ROMAN 9.25"
First Edition Roman Pabich pro model
Art by Nathaniel Russell

Custom "ROME" Shape

9.25" x 32" / 14.25" WB

https://www.uma-landsleds.com/collections/boards/products/uma-punch-and-run-roman-9-25

Same dims as the 1992 without the bobo squared nose. I'm into it
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #3855 on: September 20, 2021, 10:58:52 PM »
Expand Quote

60mm NFG V Shape 95a
Bronson G2 Bearings
1/4" Indy Risers
Santa Cruz Pink Rails

Bronson G2 Bearings
1/8" Bones Risers

[close]

Thanks man they really are fun. It's no diss, it definitely looks weird. The board is set up with the stock holes, I tried shortening the wheelbase because the 15" wheelbase was too long but 1 hole came out off center. 15" WB + 161's I had on before was way too much wheelbase but the indy's have really made this board a lot more manageable. Hoping to snag one of the Polar 9" that's a lot shorter than the orange eagle.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3856 on: September 21, 2021, 12:41:52 PM »
Those orange eagles do have long tails, especially when compared to some other boards of smaller sizes.

And here I am thinking, longer tails help with easier pop.
I mean this in the skateboard context of course ^^

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3857 on: September 21, 2021, 04:27:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ha yes!!

But really, I always find if a tail is shorter than what I am used to, it throws everything off, but if it is longer, it is way less of an issue and easier to skate.

Might just be me though, but I would take a board with a 6.75" every time over a 6.5" tail.

EvenStevieNicks

• Rep: 30
« Reply #3858 on: September 22, 2021, 02:05:29 AM »
Polar 9"
Indy 169 Ti
54mm F4's

Trying to find a happy medium between "normal" sized setups I used to ride and crazy 10" setups I've been riding and I'm hoping this does the trick.

I really back those 9" Polar pops! Great setup.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3859 on: September 22, 2021, 02:34:52 AM »
Polar 9"
Indy 169 Ti
54mm F4's

Nice!! How's the concave on this one?

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #3860 on: September 22, 2021, 10:49:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Polar 9"
Indy 169 Ti
54mm F4's

[close]

Nice!! How's the concave on this one?

It’s the standard medium polar concave but feels slightly more mellow due to the width (I’ve only skated 8.5 polar pops previously).  The nose and tail are interesting because there is a lot of kick.  Not due to it being steep but more so because they’re so long. 

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3861 on: September 22, 2021, 12:49:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ha yes!!

But really, I always find if a tail is shorter than what I am used to, it throws everything off, but if it is longer, it is way less of an issue and easier to skate.

Might just be me though, but I would take a board with a 6.75" every time over a 6.5" tail.

Exactly this.

con_hielo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #3862 on: September 22, 2021, 01:49:33 PM »
Hi guys!

Anyone know where I could find this scram whale II board? Thx!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 02:05:16 PM by con_hielo »

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #3863 on: September 22, 2021, 05:22:42 PM »
That's gonna be tough, been a few months at least since scram dropped any of those and they sold real quick.

animalflesh

« Reply #3864 on: September 22, 2021, 05:26:12 PM »
Yeah unfortunately I don’t think it’ll happen and if it did it would just be a random ebay reseller

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #3865 on: September 22, 2021, 05:40:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just happened on their Instagram and it looks like a lot of others wanted the info too.

“Shrooms” specs: 9.5 x 31.5 | 14.25 WB

Thanks. Unfortunately under 32 is to short for me. Starting to eye that Uma Roman shaped now…

Hi guys!

I’m going to agree with Dave and Thom. That’s going to be a hard find. If you ever see a shaped Scram you like grab it while you can, they don’t really sit around long.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #3866 on: September 22, 2021, 05:54:41 PM »
I ordered one of those uma roman decks, hoping its like the ba or polar 1992.
I got a dressen slick and it sat for a few weeks and warped already, pretty bummed.

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 204
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #3867 on: September 22, 2021, 05:56:34 PM »
Hi guys!

ive got this one in shrink but dont really want to sell it unless it goes for a good price :(

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #3868 on: September 22, 2021, 05:56:59 PM »
I’m going to agree with Dave and Thom. That’s going to be a hard find. If you ever see a shaped Scram you like grab it while you can, they don’t really sit around long.

Someone better jump on this then: https://www.calsk8.com/shop-skateboards/p/bomber-blue-100-deck-by-scram-skateboards?rq=scram

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3869 on: September 22, 2021, 06:33:59 PM »
I ordered one of those uma roman decks, hoping its like the ba or polar 1992.
I got a dressen slick and it sat for a few weeks and warped already, pretty bummed.
Did you get a Roman for the shop? I was gonna order one but I figured I'd wait to see if you guys got it in