Author Topic: Mike V. stylin' on you  (Read 16303 times)

poowizard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
Re: Mike V. stylin' on you
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2018, 01:57:38 AM »

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2018, 02:21:04 AM »
Life is cruel and mostly pathetic. This is what I've done. And I feel sad that I ever joined SLAP because...

... this has nothing to do with mikeV or chase. Mostly just screwdrivers and me
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:27:37 AM by poowizard »

Radbloke

• Rep: 75
  • Quit jivin me, turkey.
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2018, 02:57:59 AM »
Mike V is a sick cunt ay he does fuckin mad skids bra

D.O.T. DIY

• Rep: -45
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2018, 03:34:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Vallely & the combo of Dune/J.Lee are setting records, With how many times can you Milk the fuck out of one Graphic

Vallelly's BarnYard Vs. Dune's standing or sitting Baby Vs. J.Lee's Bowie Graphics have been done over & over & over....The 1st few times was appreciated with mush RespecKk....But now on the 50th time, It's a Cash Grab

They've taken the nostalgia outta of it , And added the Nicholas cage from National Treasure buying the Declaration of Independence at the gift Shop.
[close]

As far as I know, the Bowie graphic was only reissued once in limited numbers. Otherwise, I can't imagine that the '90s nostalgia market is very lucrative.

It’s more lucrative than most people think it would be. The amount of kids I see on insta and in real life wearing what are almost jynco pants, cuffed; small ass wheels and not a square tail deck or regular popsicle, one of those early 90’s football shapes; is quite ugly looking. I wish the 90’s could just be left in the 90’s.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2018, 03:44:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vallely & the combo of Dune/J.Lee are setting records, With how many times can you Milk the fuck out of one Graphic

Vallelly's BarnYard Vs. Dune's standing or sitting Baby Vs. J.Lee's Bowie Graphics have been done over & over & over....The 1st few times was appreciated with mush RespecKk....But now on the 50th time, It's a Cash Grab

They've taken the nostalgia outta of it , And added the Nicholas cage from National Treasure buying the Declaration of Independence at the gift Shop.
[close]

As far as I know, the Bowie graphic was only reissued once in limited numbers. Otherwise, I can't imagine that the '90s nostalgia market is very lucrative.
[close]

It’s more lucrative than most people think it would be. The amount of kids I see on insta and in real life wearing what are almost jynco pants, cuffed; small ass wheels and not a square tail deck or regular popsicle, one of those early 90’s football shapes; is quite ugly looking. I wish the 90’s could just be left in the 90’s.
Why? It was without doubt the most progressive time in our culture in terms of combining skills and technical development despite all the crazy fashion trends that came with it. Would you like if aspiring musicians just ignored past influences?

Rembrandt

• Rep: 133
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2018, 04:04:33 AM »

knex

• Rep: 30
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2018, 04:23:21 AM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:30:49 AM by knex »

Rembrandt

• Rep: 133
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2018, 05:01:08 AM »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2018, 06:25:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Why? It was without doubt the most progressive time in our culture in terms of combining skills and technical development despite all the crazy fashion trends that came with it. Would you like if aspiring musicians just ignored past influences?
People can respect and feel the influence of an era without completely coopting the look of said era by way of trick selection, spot selection, homages, etc. If anything, I'd argue doing so dilutes that era's novelty and influence. Going off your music analogy, in 2018, would you give a record deal to a Nirvana cover band, or to the group influenced by Nirvana while simultaneously blazing their own path?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:29:06 AM by heckler »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

headtowall

• Rep: -12
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2018, 06:48:48 AM »

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 07:03:27 AM by headtowall »

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2018, 08:09:47 AM »

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2018, 08:26:35 AM »

That right there good sir is a treasure

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2018, 08:32:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
People can respect and feel the influence of an era without completely coopting the look of said era by way of trick selection, spot selection, homages, etc. If anything, I'd argue doing so dilutes that era's novelty and influence. Going off your music analogy, in 2018, would you give a record deal to a Nirvana cover band, or to the group influenced by Nirvana while simultaneously blazing their own path?
Why can't they go through what we experienced with small wheels and football shaped boards? Small wheels made it easier for us to work out the technical side of skating and those shapes are fun to ride (I've got one right now). Fashion is cyclical and if they want to rock the goofy boy look I don't see the problem with that. As far as your Nirvana analogy both bands played covers at some point only one of them moved on as some 90's revivalist kids will. Sabotage guys are hardly doing pressure late flips at a snails pace.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2018, 08:37:43 AM »

Jester!

Holy shit I played that game so much!

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2018, 08:42:10 AM »

EDIT: Damn, Knex beat me to it

calvinsdream

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2018, 08:44:47 AM »
Holy fuck this is page beats the Mike Kirk photoshop orgy

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2297
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2018, 08:53:10 AM »

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2018, 09:16:45 AM »
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Mr. Fink

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2018, 09:17:24 AM »

not sure if they still make these, i might have dated myself with this one

Oh shit! Love this one!

taluk

• Rep: -31
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2018, 09:20:13 AM »
weird that a group of self proclaimed skaters, make fun of one of their own

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2297
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2018, 09:25:35 AM »
It's not uncommon

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

taluk

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2018, 09:33:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's not uncommon

Never been like that where i've skated, in new mexico, colorado, maryland.  Pretty sure, thats not common in the skate world, what planet are u from?

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2018, 09:36:07 AM »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2018, 09:38:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
It's not uncommon
[close]

Never been like that where i've skated, in new mexico, colorado, maryland.  Pretty sure, thats not common in the skate world, what planet are u from?

what site are you on?

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2018, 09:42:09 AM »
I'm probably getting skewered for this one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2018, 09:43:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
It's not uncommon
[close]

what size revive board you ride?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2018, 09:46:58 AM »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2018, 09:49:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Looks like a backside boneless off the bench. Judging by the back foot contact, he could have ollied up before boosting (like a footplant). He could have also ran with the board like a gorilla and jumped off the bench. Still okay both ways.
[close]
I agree, Whether he ollied up or not, the trick actually looks sick. I know the stigma on liking photos of unpopular pros, but the cats hating on this flick are playing themselves.

I read "ollied up" as "oiled up" and now I can't get the image of oiled up Mike V. out of my head.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
It's not uncommon
[close]

Do you not have any friends? Because that's a regular thing in any group of skateboarders I've ever skated with here on "planet" California.
Photoshopping a flared out trick is people having fun. Its not a serious affront to anything about Mike, his skating, or his personality. Don't let it get to you, and enjoy the hilarious collages for the goofiness they are.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

taluk

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2018, 09:49:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
It's not uncommon
[close]

[close]

what size revive board you ride?

your mom's 10.5 custom made for her frame with special blade extensions to cut down doorways to get thru them

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3415
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2018, 09:53:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
It's not uncommon
[close]

[close]

what site are you on?

Hahaha...I grew up in New Mexico and the skaters there were fucking terrible to each other. So much so that I was relieved when rollerblading came along and the meanness and teasing finally had a new focus.