Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 128131 times)

Crap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #450 on: June 12, 2020, 10:09:16 AM »
Just ordered these Reebok Workout Clubs:

They haven't done them in awhile but they're available again. Our shop has a Reebok account so I was able to get them for cost, which is awesome. I love the OG Workouts, but the sole feels too thick to skate and when I put them on somehow they just look weird on me. So these will be a good compromise. Not sure if I'm gonna skate in them or chill in them but they'd be good for skating for sure. One piece toe would stop the toe piece from tearing off like it does on the Clubs.

Wish they still made this white/gum colourway so I could throw black laces in and pretend I'm rocking KCKs.

Hey, you might know better than me - have they discontinued the Workout Low (not the Workout Low Plus)? Or made it unavailable in Canada? I think you're Canadian if I recall correctly, but that may be wrong. All I can find anywhere is the Workout Low Plus, and I don't like it. Regular Workout Low is on clearance on the Reebok Canada site, but there's only a few sizes left (not mine). I'd love to try Workout Mids too, but those feel like a true white whale.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #451 on: June 12, 2020, 10:58:20 AM »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #452 on: June 12, 2020, 11:32:22 AM »

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #453 on: June 13, 2020, 02:52:51 AM »
maybe it's just this particular model

https://www.amazon.com/Nike-Premier-AO9376010-Color-Black/dp/B07DCD79H3/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Nike%2BPremier%2BII&qid=1588802679&sr=8-2&th=1

multiple reviews stating they run full size small, but i could imagine it's just half size in reality, like in your experience. i've never had that problem with nike sb's though, of any model, i'm a 10 for the vast majority of brands and nike sz 10 are always the right fit for me.

wishing i could just try on a pair! haha

Got a pair for playing basketball in from Burlington last year and I had to go a full size up. I do have some pretty fat wide feet so

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #454 on: June 13, 2020, 06:40:29 AM »
I just started skating some Superstars for the first time. I was about to order the skate ones but I tried them once at the skateshop and that thin tongue blows. I have to lace them down too tight and looks like shit, can’t do it. So I was looking in the website for options and found out this “laceless” version of the superstar, which is supposed to be worn like the Run DMC did back in the bays, with no laces. They put elastic straps inside to keep the shoe from flying away. They are also all thick ass good quality leather, including the stripes, lining and insole top (the regular one uses a lot of synthetic and mesh). They have a thick padded tongue and I’m pretty sure the collar is also more padded. Overall, a more well built superstar that feels 10x better for more 10 bucks.
Still getting used to the flick of the shelltoe but I think I like it actually.

I can’t do the laceless look so I just put some lace and it looks like this:

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #455 on: June 13, 2020, 08:42:13 AM »
yeah i don't know what the thought was with these superstars. my black pair is collecting dust in the box for the same reason and no one wants to take it off of me because everyone thinks it sucks and fits like shit. literally no one trying the shoe likes it. have to put them up on ebay and hope some idiot buys them.

those laceless ones look much better in terms of silhouette and shape.

adriankohatsu

« Reply #456 on: June 13, 2020, 07:20:08 PM »
When i started skating i used to wear the nike total 90 version for futsal. The flick was pretty good. The after that bought a pair of vans.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #457 on: June 15, 2020, 12:44:28 PM »
Hey, you might know better than me - have they discontinued the Workout Low (not the Workout Low Plus)? Or made it unavailable in Canada? I think you're Canadian if I recall correctly, but that may be wrong. All I can find anywhere is the Workout Low Plus, and I don't like it. Regular Workout Low is on clearance on the Reebok Canada site, but there's only a few sizes left (not mine). I'd love to try Workout Mids too, but those feel like a true white whale.

Not that I know of. I just got a pair last fall, which doesn't really mean anything, but I can't imagine them phasing out one of their classic shoes that they've been making for decades to only have a newer one. But I really can't comment one way or the other with solid info.

And yeah I am from Canada. Hi.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #458 on: June 15, 2020, 03:24:24 PM »
Has anyone ever skated the Adidas Mundial Goal shoe? They look so good but I can't drop 86 bucks not knowing they would skate well.

https://www.adidas.com/us/mundial-goal-shoes/019310.html?cm_mmc=AdieSEM_Feeds-_-BingShopping-_-NA-_-019310&cm_mmca1=US&cm_mmca2=NA&gclid=CMey7-Ts_OkCFdPdDQodVbUA2Q&gclsrc=ds&kpid=019310&msclkid=b0a02ff927b31e24227b711ae62b4dca

One of my favorite shoes I've ever skated. I've hung onto them for years even though they're beat. Kangaroo leather isn't particularly durable but really soft and flexible. Might need to add superglue as you skate them but I think it's worth it

wheee!

Crap

« Reply #459 on: June 15, 2020, 05:03:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not that I know of. I just got a pair last fall, which doesn't really mean anything, but I can't imagine them phasing out one of their classic shoes that they've been making for decades to only have a newer one. But I really can't comment one way or the other with solid info.

It did seem weird that I can't find them anywhere, but I guess they're just one of those weird specific products that's just hard to get in Canada for no real reason. Thanks!

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #460 on: June 15, 2020, 06:46:37 PM »
https://www.adidas.com/us/americana-hi-shoes/EF2803.html

$28 free ship adidas cupsole high tops with suede toe cap?

Glurmpz

« Reply #461 on: June 15, 2020, 07:20:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It did seem weird that I can't find them anywhere, but I guess they're just one of those weird specific products that's just hard to get in Canada for no real reason. Thanks!

Strange - out here in Vancouver all sorts of random shoe stores carry them in both black and white. Places like Champs will get in other colorways from time to time as well. Even The Bay had some cool colors in the past. I got white/gum ones for $39.99 at Champs years ago. They seem to be a bit more popular now though, so maybe they're selling out at a lot of stores?

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #462 on: June 15, 2020, 08:17:56 PM »
I tried skating my work out los and they were the least grippy shoe I have ever tried skating

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1122
« Reply #463 on: June 15, 2020, 08:21:33 PM »
I tried skating my work out los and they were the least grippy shoe I have ever tried skating

Tried af1s?
With the old style leather court shoes, I’ve noticed they really REALLY need to make you suffer for a bit before they get broken in and start gripping. But also not very trippy, you right.

I want to try some club c’s

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #464 on: June 15, 2020, 10:11:07 PM »
https://www.adidas.com/us/americana-hi-shoes/EF2803.html

$28 free ship adidas cupsole high tops with suede toe cap?

That's an insane deal. They look sharp

Crap

« Reply #465 on: June 16, 2020, 10:28:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Strange - out here in Vancouver all sorts of random shoe stores carry them in both black and white. Places like Champs will get in other colorways from time to time as well. Even The Bay had some cool colors in the past. I got white/gum ones for $39.99 at Champs years ago. They seem to be a bit more popular now though, so maybe they're selling out at a lot of stores?

I see the Workout Plus everywhere - it has an extra panel on the toe, has a slightly different sole, and is a little more expensive. That one seems easy to get at The Bay, Foot Locker, Sport Chek, etc. Workout Classic is a slightly different shoe - clean toe, different sole, different cut around the ankle - but so similar that I know I sound like a crazy person for having a preference between the two.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #466 on: June 16, 2020, 11:07:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tried af1s?
With the old style leather court shoes, I’ve noticed they really REALLY need to make you suffer for a bit before they get broken in and start gripping. But also not very trippy, you right.

I havnt tried them But I always thought they looked so sick when people skated them

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1122
« Reply #467 on: June 16, 2020, 11:38:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Tried af1s?

[close]
I havnt tried them But I always thought they looked so sick when people skated them

Af1S have even less grip. Them shits is bricks. Do look cool tho.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #468 on: June 16, 2020, 12:05:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I see the Workout Plus everywhere - it has an extra panel on the toe, has a slightly different sole, and is a little more expensive. That one seems easy to get at The Bay, Foot Locker, Sport Chek, etc. Workout Classic is a slightly different shoe - clean toe, different sole, different cut around the ankle - but so similar that I know I sound like a crazy person for having a preference between the two.

I feel you. I’ve been on the hunt for some white/gum Workout clean’s for a sec but no success. All they been doing now is the rippled outsole ones which fucking suck.

I just want this:

Instead of this:

Or this:

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #469 on: June 17, 2020, 07:47:04 PM »
Just found a bunch of Reebok club C on sale, including the Bronze ones but I don't need more shoes.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #470 on: June 17, 2020, 08:50:45 PM »
^^ Link for the sale Club C's?

They haven't done them in awhile but they're available again. Our shop has a Reebok account so I was able to get them for cost, which is awesome. I love the OG Workouts, but the sole feels too thick to skate and when I put them on somehow they just look weird on me. So these will be a good compromise. Not sure if I'm gonna skate in them or chill in them but they'd be good for skating for sure. One piece toe would stop the toe piece from tearing off like it does on the Clubs.

Wish they still made this white/gum colourway so I could throw black laces in and pretend I'm rocking KCKs.

I've always wanted a pair of Club Workouts. Can't find any online in an 11. Great looking shoes. 

wheee!

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #471 on: June 18, 2020, 10:33:33 AM »
I've always wanted a pair of Club Workouts. Can't find any online in an 11. Great looking shoes.

Yeah mine haven't arrived yet, but I'm stoked. Wish the sole was still split with the exposed foam midsole like it is on the instep though. If you could get a Workout upper on the NPC sole, that would be a perfect combo.

Glurmpz

« Reply #472 on: June 18, 2020, 11:27:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I know the difference. Maybe it's where you live, but Workout Lows are not hard to find in black or white in Vancouver. Seems to be the most common Reebok Classic there is, maybe tied with the all white Club C's. I have been seeing the Plus pop up now too, but I prefer the Workout Low.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #473 on: June 18, 2020, 11:44:17 AM »
^^ Link for the sale Club C's?

Expand Quote

[close]

Regarding the link it won't be useful for you unless you're from Chile :/
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #474 on: June 18, 2020, 02:22:19 PM »
just picked these up at SVP Sports in Toronto for $50. might break them out at the rally tomorrow. lookin forward to skating in these.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #475 on: June 18, 2020, 02:22:56 PM »
Just finished skating Clubs at the beginning of this summer. Super good cushioning but still good board feel. Definitely crazy glue the seam along the toe piece, but after that they should be great!

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #476 on: June 18, 2020, 04:10:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah mine haven't arrived yet, but I'm stoked. Wish the sole was still split with the exposed foam midsole like it is on the instep though. If you could get a Workout upper on the NPC sole, that would be a perfect combo.

I like the exposed foam on the inside but could never get into it on the outside for some reason. When I did the NPC a few years ago I got the "UK" ones with the different sole.

I think the Club Workout is the perfect reebok upper/sole combo but I can only find one pair in my size and they're $120 on ebay so I gotta keep looking. You should post an update if you skate your pair.

wheee!

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #477 on: June 19, 2020, 09:20:48 AM »
has anyone skated the adidas sobakov p94? other than gustav tonneson

yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #478 on: June 19, 2020, 10:45:19 AM »
has anyone skated the adidas sobakov p94? other than gustav tonneson

These look like a less tech version of the Copa Nationale and I like em! Are these considered handball shoes? I thought I read that somewhere in the past.
Haven't skated em, tho
Super Champion Fun Zone

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #479 on: June 19, 2020, 11:33:06 AM »
Looks like they have the same sole as that Gazelle Indoor shoe which means they should skate real good. Slightly narrow, good arch support, supportive but not super padded, decent grip...They look great

wheee!