Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 129305 times)

Digital Rasta

Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #480 on: June 23, 2020, 07:31:09 AM »
Damn, I came up yesterday, big time. I found a pair of Nike Jordan 1 High's in size 12. I got home from the Goodwill and looked them up on Google, there is one pair of this size on eBay and they are $500 new with box. They are all suede and all Gym Red in excellent condition. They were $10 and I think I can get at least $250 for them. Stoked

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:45:22 PM by Digital Rasta »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #481 on: June 23, 2020, 07:35:41 AM »
Damn, I came up yesterday, big time. I found a pair of Nike Jordan 1 High's in size 12. I got home from the Goodwill and looked them up on Google, there is one pair of this size on eBay and they are $500 new with box. They are all suede and all Gym Red in excellent condition. They were $10 and I think I can get at least $250 for them. Stoked

theres a used pair size 12 for $155 on goat. $10? Geez nice. Flip and new shoes + Xmas complete time. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 08:04:48 AM by jay_nev »

Digital Rasta

« Reply #482 on: June 23, 2020, 07:40:02 AM »
Yeah this Goodwill buy my house is dope, the staff don't know what the shit is worth so I find stuff for dirt cheap and sell it for big bucks. Earlier this year I found a Marmot ski jacket, bought it for $13 and sold it for $150. Thrift shopping is the shit

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #483 on: June 23, 2020, 08:05:16 AM »
Yeah this Goodwill buy my house is dope, the staff don't know what the shit is worth so I find stuff for dirt cheap and sell it for big bucks. Earlier this year I found a Marmot ski jacket, bought it for $13 and sold it for $150. Thrift shopping is the shit
that's awesome - the challenge is always shoppers who hawk stuff like that. it never sits on shelf around me.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #484 on: June 24, 2020, 09:13:04 AM »

My wife got me these last summer for $20. Idk what they are, and I ruined the leather at work today. Looking at them now they might of been decent for skating. Does anyone know what these are?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 11:03:59 AM by Seventyfrigginseven »

Digital Rasta

« Reply #485 on: June 26, 2020, 09:29:15 AM »

Another major come-up at the same Goodwill. Yesterday I found a pair of 2003 Nike Cortez Premium from the Laser Pack. Engraved by artist Mark Smith. For being 17 years old they are in excellent condition, no rips stains or damage and the sole is not worn down at all. They are size 13, the only pair on eBay from this pack and they are $300 or best offer. Authentic vintage premium Quickstrikes, I can hardly believe they were only $10
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:45:58 PM by Digital Rasta »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #486 on: June 26, 2020, 09:59:51 AM »

Another major come-up at the same Goodwill. Yesterday I found a pair of 2003 Nike Cortez Premium from the Laser Pack. Engraved by artist Mark Smith. For being 17 years old they are in excellent condition, no rips stains or damage and the sole is not worn down at all. They are size 13, the only pair on eBay from this pack and they are $300 or best offer. Authentic vintage premium Quickstrikes, I can hardly believe they were only $10
yeah never seen those before. you think Cortez are good for skating?

Digital Rasta

« Reply #487 on: June 26, 2020, 10:09:22 AM »
I've seen people skate in them before, maybe Pepe Martinez? But me personally I can't skate in a shoe with such a stiff sole

Digital Rasta

« Reply #488 on: June 26, 2020, 10:11:46 AM »
Jay_Nev how do you resize images? I need to edit those posts, pics too big
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 01:34:18 PM by Digital Rasta »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #489 on: June 26, 2020, 12:13:44 PM »
Jay_Nev how do you resize images? I need to edit those posts, pics too big
yeah man, you do! haha, quote my post and you can see. In the first IMG bracket, throw in "img width=500" instead of just "img"

Digital Rasta

« Reply #490 on: June 26, 2020, 12:47:42 PM »
Fixed. Thanks Jay

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #491 on: June 26, 2020, 01:06:04 PM »
Sick, now all you have to figure out is that the thread isn't called Shoes That Are Good For Finding At Goodwill And Flipping For More Than You Paid For Them Thread.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #492 on: June 26, 2020, 01:20:36 PM »
Sorry dawg I won't derail your thread any further

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #493 on: June 26, 2020, 06:31:49 PM »
These Jordan mid reps are amazing for skating so I been skating them as my go-to and bought another set to keep clean. Love them

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #494 on: June 26, 2020, 07:24:03 PM »
These Jordan mid reps are amazing for skating so I been skating them as my go-to and bought another set to keep clean. Love them

those look like lows? I got a pair of lows on goat for 35 shipped (not reps....) or something that i cleaned up replaced insoles and skate in. How’s the leather on those last?

tyshoes

« Reply #495 on: June 26, 2020, 08:08:55 PM »
No theyre not reg full lows. Lil diff from typical. Heres a weird pic of them in my hand.

Compared to authentic j's, the leather is very similar and the sole is also. These have slightly messier stitching though its very minor and hitting it with a lighter flick will clean it up. I use gamechnger insoles.  I just got 3 reps from him with these, SB white widow mids and orange label black/white gum dunks. Havent skated in yet but wore them theyre very well made and look great. If you want to see them Ill post but I dont wanna get into the rep thing again. In case youre curious. This is who I used for them and other nice colorways.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2020-kith-sb-dunk-x-1-low-unc-low-basketball/538963943.html

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #496 on: June 27, 2020, 12:38:05 PM »
Sorry dawg I won't derail your thread any further

No worries, wasn't trying to be too much of a dick. Well I was, but thanks.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #497 on: June 27, 2020, 02:10:09 PM »
No theyre not reg full lows. Lil diff from typical. Heres a weird pic of them in my hand.

Compared to authentic j's, the leather is very similar and the sole is also. These have slightly messier stitching though its very minor and hitting it with a lighter flick will clean it up. I use gamechnger insoles.  I just got 3 reps from him with these, SB white widow mids and orange label black/white gum dunks. Havent skated in yet but wore them theyre very well made and look great. If you want to see them Ill post but I dont wanna get into the rep thing again. In case youre curious. This is who I used for them and other nice colorways.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2020-kith-sb-dunk-x-1-low-unc-low-basketball/538963943.html
How are the insoles on the SB Dunk reps? I'm wondering if they use the same sole units as well, since it looks like they have the midsole knockout on the bottom.

NG

• Rep: 17
« Reply #498 on: June 28, 2020, 07:36:57 AM »
In a futsal shoe hole:

diadora Gold Indoor

Munich Prisma

Kelme Trueno Sala

Kelme Flamenco 2.0

tyshoes

« Reply #499 on: June 28, 2020, 12:39:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
How are the insoles on the SB Dunk reps? I'm wondering if they use the same sole units as well, since it looks like they have the midsole knockout on the bottom.

Heres a pic of the insoles included with the orange label sb dunks and the White widow SB mid reps (excuse the unclean)

Top two

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
« Reply #500 on: June 28, 2020, 04:48:52 PM »
Those Diadoras look so siiick!

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #501 on: July 23, 2020, 01:42:33 AM »

Munich Prisma

Kelme Flamenco 2.0

Daaaamn.

Hmmmm:

wheee!

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #502 on: July 23, 2020, 03:27:40 AM »
Amen. I've made mad flips before but it still feels good everytime their Jordan's are crispy

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #503 on: July 23, 2020, 08:13:16 AM »
Expand Quote
has anyone skated the adidas sobakov p94? other than gustav tonneson

[close]
These look like a less tech version of the Copa Nationale and I like em! Are these considered handball shoes? I thought I read that somewhere in the past.
Haven't skated em, tho

I grabbed two pairs of these shoes for 30 bucks.  trying em now. They are slippery at the moment seems a little unstable. I’m going to setup a new board and give it another go

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #504 on: August 01, 2020, 03:27:17 PM »
Saw these ones now for the first time. Kinda cool.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #505 on: August 07, 2020, 05:22:06 PM »
I just skated my Club C Revenges for the first time and I was wondering what you guys that skate them do to make them last. These are skateboarding's best kept secret as far as I'm concerned. Instant favorite.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #506 on: August 07, 2020, 05:52:40 PM »
I just skated my Club C Revenges for the first time and I was wondering what you guys that skate them do to make them last. These are skateboarding's best kept secret as far as I'm concerned. Instant favorite.

They rule for skating, but they aren't build to last. I would immediately glue or shoe goo any stitching on the toes. The front of the shoe and the middle are really just connected by that stitching and not reinforced. It is constant maintenance to keep them from falling apart, but they really area some of the best shoes to skate.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #507 on: August 07, 2020, 05:54:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They rule for skating, but they aren't build to last. I would immediately glue or shoe goo any stitching on the toes. The front of the shoe and the middle are really just connected by that stitching and not reinforced. It is constant maintenance to keep them from falling apart, but they really area some of the best shoes to skate.
Thank you man, I am on it

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #508 on: August 08, 2020, 05:54:32 AM »

I liked them a lot but they get floppy really fast. The silhouette and feel is nice but they're just not durable enough. Even if you super glue the stitching on the upper the soles give in really quickly too.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #509 on: August 08, 2020, 06:37:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I super glued my high wear areas. And would add more super glue once a week.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.