Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 128133 times)

Glurmpz

Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #510 on: August 24, 2020, 08:52:52 PM »
Ditto on all that^, although I had Royal Techque T's which are basically the same with a slightly different sole. Cool shoe but not built to handle skating so it takes a lot to keep them going, and as mentioned the sole doesn't last long.

I just saw a bunch of Reebok classics on sale at Winners while I was waiting for a pizza and ended up getting these very 90's joints.  :D Don't plan to skate them but they would be great for a day or two if I did.

doomstation55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 913
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #511 on: August 25, 2020, 08:16:39 AM »
Im sure there’s been discussion on the onitsuka tiger, how do those skate? This seems like a p good deal and considers getting em.

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/onitsuka-tiger-serrano-sneaker-men/3126009?origin=category-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home%2FAnniversary%20Sale%2FMen%2FShoes&color=white%2F%20black%2F%20white

I don’t think I could get a full sesh in, but maybe for cruising around and stuff.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #512 on: August 25, 2020, 12:38:01 PM »
Ditto on all that^, although I had Royal Techque T's which are basically the same with a slightly different sole. Cool shoe but not built to handle skating so it takes a lot to keep them going, and as mentioned the sole doesn't last long.

I just saw a bunch of Reebok classics on sale at Winners while I was waiting for a pizza and ended up getting these very 90's joints.  :D Don't plan to skate them but they would be great for a day or two if I did.

Ahaha I saw those there on Sunday too and was gonna buy them but couldn't find my size. Would have put black laces in and fucked them up for sure.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #513 on: August 25, 2020, 01:56:24 PM »

2 heavy sessions so far and love em

Glurmpz

« Reply #514 on: August 25, 2020, 04:34:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ahaha I saw those there on Sunday too and was gonna buy them but couldn't find my size. Would have put black laces in and fucked them up for sure.

Oh they're definitely getting black laces once I can find a good pair. Sucks it's hard to find a decent lace selection these days.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #515 on: August 25, 2020, 04:54:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Oh they're definitely getting black laces once I can find a good pair. Sucks it's hard to find a decent lace selection these days.
I'm glad I'm not alone with the black laces in white shoes thing..It is a necessity, in fact I have to swap them before I even skate them. When I bought my Rowans I did it in the parking lot before I even drove off from the shop.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 369
« Reply #516 on: August 25, 2020, 05:34:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I'm glad I'm not alone with the black laces in white shoes thing..It is a necessity, in fact I have to swap them before I even skate them. When I bought my Rowans I did it in the parking lot before I even drove off from the shop.
Got a model name for these? They kinda look like synth leather too.  real or nah?

Glurmpz

« Reply #517 on: August 25, 2020, 06:25:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Got a model name for these? They kinda look like synth leather too.  real or nah?

It doesn't say the name or material make up, but I think they may be called they Royal Complete 3 Low, based off image searches. Not sure how to tell if it's synth leather.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #518 on: August 26, 2020, 08:57:18 AM »
Got these joints lined up after Reynolds G6 will give out.

Puma palace guard.
What you think?

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #519 on: August 26, 2020, 10:55:27 AM »
Got these joints lined up after Reynolds G6 will give out.

Puma palace guard.
What you think?

Those are sick The original IT. I would keep those on ice, so cool and so much history, never would I skate them.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #520 on: August 28, 2020, 07:51:34 AM »
My friend said that he has been using these from U.S. Rubber. Don’t think they’re skate shoes. Going to skate with him Sunday, I’ll ask him how they feel.

https://us-rubber.com/collections/frontpage

larryhagman

« Reply #521 on: October 29, 2020, 06:09:08 AM »

Hummel Stadil 3.0 Suede bought on 50% discount
Looks very skateable

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #522 on: October 29, 2020, 10:24:20 AM »
Looks like a Cariuma rowley classic

larryhagman

« Reply #523 on: October 29, 2020, 11:08:26 AM »
Looks like a Cariuma rowley classic
spot on :D

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #524 on: November 04, 2020, 08:40:33 AM »
Just finished skating Campus OGs and getting started on some OG Sambas.

The Campus were so juicy. They were pig suede nubuck, so were so soft they almost felt like velvet. Definitely didn't make them last long though. Blew a hole in them way quicker than I usually do in shoes but they were so good and I figured who knows when the next time I'd skate some were so threw a suede patch on the inside and kept skating them. (I took the patch out after the last session, before this photo.)

Probably one of my favourite shoes I've ever skated. The sole was great. Not too thick, good grip and boardfeel. I peeled out the stock insoles and put in these really thin Lunarlons I saved from some Kenny Andersons and they felt great. Skated them way longer than I would skate most shoes because the more wrecked they got, the more I felt like Brian Lotti and liked the shoes more.

Don't think these Sambas will last much longer. That leather is super soft and feeling really thin after a few sessions where my pinky toe blows out. Probably will patch the inside to keep them going too.

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #525 on: November 06, 2020, 07:35:22 AM »
Just finished skating Campus OGs and getting started on some OG Sambas.

The Campus were so juicy. They were pig suede nubuck, so were so soft they almost felt like velvet. Definitely didn't make them last long though. Blew a hole in them way quicker than I usually do in shoes but they were so good and I figured who knows when the next time I'd skate some were so threw a suede patch on the inside and kept skating them. (I took the patch out after the last session, before this photo.)

Probably one of my favourite shoes I've ever skated. The sole was great. Not too thick, good grip and boardfeel. I peeled out the stock insoles and put in these really thin Lunarlons I saved from some Kenny Andersons and they felt great. Skated them way longer than I would skate most shoes because the more wrecked they got, the more I felt like Brian Lotti and liked the shoes more.

Don't think these Sambas will last much longer. That leather is super soft and feeling really thin after a few sessions where my pinky toe blows out. Probably will patch the inside to keep them going too.
Campus are soooooo good to skate in, one of my favorites actually. This post made me want to skate a pair of sambas ASAP. It’s been a while and I forget how fun they are

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #526 on: November 06, 2020, 09:12:04 AM »
I skated sambas for a grip. Solid for me. The suede/ leather worked for me for a few months. But we're rockin strictly long tongues. I miss low shoes every so often, most likely because every shoe is low, welp, so it goes.
Whoa. Danger.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #527 on: November 14, 2020, 11:46:18 AM »
A bunch of Pumas on sale for half price on their website. I think they have free shipping too.
https://us.puma.com/en/us/gift-guide/holiday-deals/50-off-shoes-and-clothing#prefv2=Shoes&prefn2=productdivName&prefv1=Men&prefn1=gender&pagesize=216

I just ordered these for $60 tax included and free shipping. (I'm in Canada, they're $40 USD on the US site.) Probably will skate them in the spring.

They got the Super Liga on there for $35 USD

And these C-Skates which they have described as a skate shoe for $30.

Some other good stuff if you like Pumas and want to search around on there.

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 173
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #528 on: November 14, 2020, 01:49:24 PM »
A bunch of Pumas on sale for half price on their website. I think they have free shipping too.
https://us.puma.com/en/us/gift-guide/holiday-deals/50-off-shoes-and-clothing#prefv2=Shoes&prefn2=productdivName&prefv1=Men&prefn1=gender&pagesize=216

I just ordered these for $60 tax included and free shipping. (I'm in Canada, they're $40 USD on the US site.) Probably will skate them in the spring.

I’ve been running strictly Puma for about a year. The Smash has been the best so far. Pretty much the Suede with a more flexible sole and nice insole. Thinking about these next-
https://us.puma.com/en/us/pd/court-legend-mid-sneakers/193525687723.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0_b_5oGD7QIVFB-tBh2z-At4EAQYAyABEgKUEPD_BwE

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #529 on: November 14, 2020, 05:04:12 PM »

Please let us know how the skate model goes, i saw them and thought abt trying them

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #530 on: November 15, 2020, 09:32:25 AM »
The Smash has been the best so far.

I just can't get down with that Smash model. Even though you can find them for so much cheaper. Just looks like a budget version of the Suede and it turns me off. Honestly the sole feels too soft for me too aha. But I'm stoked they're working good for you.

I was checking out those Court Legend Mids and they look pretty sick.

Please let us know how the skate model goes, i saw them and thought abt trying them

I only ordered those black leather Ralph Sampsons at the top, sorry if that was unclear. The others were just examples of good stuff you could find on there.

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #531 on: November 16, 2020, 09:39:49 AM »
Expand Quote
The Smash has been the best so far.
[close]

I just can't get down with that Smash model. Even though you can find them for so much cheaper. Just looks like a budget version of the Suede and it turns me off. Honestly the sole feels too soft for me too aha. But I'm stoked they're working good for you.

I was checking out those Court Legend Mids and they look pretty sick.

Expand Quote
[close]

I only ordered those black leather Ralph Sampsons at the top, sorry if that was unclear. The others were just examples of good stuff you could find on there.
All good man, i shld just try them, they look pretty good

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #532 on: November 16, 2020, 04:53:17 PM »
Yeah especially if they're half price. You might as well!

Glurmpz

« Reply #533 on: December 11, 2020, 12:56:42 PM »
Just saw this colorway of the Royal Techque T pop up online. If reebok would put the slightest bit of reinforcement into these shoes they'd be pretty much ideal.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #534 on: December 20, 2020, 06:53:57 AM »
Anybody ever tried to skate the reebok bb4500?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #535 on: December 20, 2020, 07:05:28 AM »
For those of you skating Og sambas, what insole are you rocking them with?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #536 on: December 20, 2020, 08:01:56 AM »
I swapped in the insoles from the accel slims and the sambas feel perfect now, but still haven’t tried skating in them.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #537 on: December 20, 2020, 09:51:57 AM »
I used those dr Scholls jawns where you stand on the machine and get whatever number type they suggest, skating sambas was a marriage of convenience that worked out very well for me. Lasted quite a while and idk but I was down to get gnarly wear in em. I mean Im not good at skating but gnarly for me.
Whoa. Danger.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #538 on: December 20, 2020, 11:35:19 AM »
For the longest time I've been swapping out these thin Lunarlon insoles that came in Kenny Anderson 3s, but my arch is all fucked up so unfortunately I have to use Footprint insoles now. (Unfortunately because they are wack, they actually work really good though.) So far I like the OG Samba quite a bit.

Something about the shape of it just throws me off. I'd rather just skate the Club.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #539 on: December 28, 2020, 07:06:00 AM »
i love all y’all and i’m sorry if this has been discussed before but is there a reference for best non-skate skate shoe that’s also the cheapest? i’m broke broke and already blasted through my fast break mids. i could give a fuck about “skate shoes” really and if there’s some cheap tennis shoe i could cop it bulk it would be much appreesh