Author Topic: Chris Joslin Truck Theory  (Read 7520 times)

eminem96

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
Chris Joslin Truck Theory
« on: May 30, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »
Rumor has it, Joslin broke both of his trucks trying to tre flip el Toro. The second one broke as he was rolling away causing him to fall off his board. Couldnt do it using Venture metal so he recently got on Independent for the premium grade stuff. Check SPoT.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
Re: Chris Joslin Truck Theory
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 08:33:50 PM »
Rumor has it, Joslin broke both of his trucks trying to tre flip el Toro. The second one broke as he was rolling away causing him to fall off his board. Couldnt do it using Venture metal so he recently got on Independent for the premium grade stuff. Check SPoT.

indy thunder and venture are poured in the same foundry
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 08:42:15 PM »
didn't he mention it in an interview posted on this very site?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 02:55:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

source ?
and whatever it doesn't mean it's the same alloy...

meadowsoprano

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 03:09:26 AM »

The 'rumour' being a direct quote from Joslin on The Nine Club

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 03:18:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

source ?
All made by Ermico, all three use different densities of metal.

Cctv

• Rep: 2
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 06:01:33 AM »
I broke a king pin on a pop shuv on flat with ventures last year. Can't imagine them doing anything but turning into dust on landings, the way Joslin skates.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3401
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 02:32:29 PM »
omg imagine if his trucks were made of adamantium he could land el toro all day long into the night

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 02:37:41 PM »
The world wasn't ready for a Joslin el toro banger sandwiched into that etnies part. Would kill to see that footy!

Hoping he gets healthy enough to step to it again. Cant imagine though. We might be witnessing Joslin his prime, and the longer he waits to go back for it, the more likely another Joslin type will step up and vheel or back three it and take all the marbles.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 02:43:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

source ?
[close]

that is 100% false - all same metal, just different heights/geometries, and advertising to different demographics. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 07:11:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

source ?
[close]
[close]

that is 100% false - all same metal, just different heights/geometries, and advertising to different demographics.

Different shapes and geometries alone should have a big impact on strength overall

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 07:46:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

source ?
[close]
[close]

[close]

Different shapes and geometries alone should have a big impact on strength overall
I would think Indy has the beefiest hangers and that adds to strength, cuz if you're right about them using the same metal, which makes perfect sense, then why did all the featherlight Ventures break in 92-94 era.

shark tits

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 08:05:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

source ?
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I would think Indy has the beefiest hangers and that adds to strength, cuz if you're right about them using the same metal, which makes perfect sense, then why did all the featherlight Ventures break in 92-94 era.
they didn't know about sacred G

Kickflipmcdelux

• Rep: -22
  • I'll truck fuck your dad
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 11:34:29 PM »
Wait Indy is poured with the same metal as thunder and venture even though Indys not at deluxe ?

IHOP

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 11:49:24 PM »
Wait Indy is poured with the same metal as thunder and venture even though Indys not at deluxe ?

wake up sheeple, time to smell the roses

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 01:19:37 AM »
I'd imagine that all brands out of Ermico are the same metal. I've been a boat welder (aluminum) and also done my fair share of foundry work (mostly bronze though). Crucibles cost a fuck load and you wouldn't want to mix the different types of aluminum. Just to clear it up for anyone there is different levels in aluminum. If I remember on the boats we made the Hull of the ship and all structural parts had to be made of 3090 aluminum but the more aesthetic parts could be made of a lesser grade aluminum. They're able to be welded together but if they were poured with different grades it would fuck up the crucible and be.... Tainted? Either way i've tried to avoid talking about trucks on here because I dont have all the facts but i'm pretty fucking suspect of things like "forged" "titanium" etc. Any other foundry workers on here? I'm thinking most trucks are sand casted and the "pro" models and high end are silica shell or maybe lost wax. I asked Paul Schmitt about it and he tagged Indy but they never responded.

EDIT
If anyone wants to start a thread about this in SHOES/GEAR (separate from Truck Set-Up since its more about pre-retail composition rather then post) I'd love to nerd out about metal. I've been working with Glass/Quartz the past 3 years and havent had the opportunity to talk/research metal in awhile.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 01:29:51 AM by CrumblingInfrastructure »

AreYouHarvinFun?

• Rep: 3
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 07:16:38 AM »
Joslin needs some good 'ol Titan Ti Lites...

;D ;D

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 07:39:49 AM »
omg imagine if his trucks were made of adamantium he could land el toro all day long into the night
Imagine

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 09:13:43 AM »
where is this?

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 10:36:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
where is this?

Here at 6:41

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1077
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 01:09:54 PM »
The dude rips but has the personality of a tater tot.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 01:37:28 PM »
I'd imagine that all brands out of Ermico are the same metal. I've been a boat welder (aluminum) and also done my fair share of foundry work (mostly bronze though). Crucibles cost a fuck load and you wouldn't want to mix the different types of aluminum. Just to clear it up for anyone there is different levels in aluminum. If I remember on the boats we made the Hull of the ship and all structural parts had to be made of 3090 aluminum but the more aesthetic parts could be made of a lesser grade aluminum. They're able to be welded together but if they were poured with different grades it would fuck up the crucible and be.... Tainted? Either way i've tried to avoid talking about trucks on here because I dont have all the facts but i'm pretty fucking suspect of things like "forged" "titanium" etc. Any other foundry workers on here? I'm thinking most trucks are sand casted and the "pro" models and high end are silica shell or maybe lost wax. I asked Paul Schmitt about it and he tagged Indy but they never responded.

EDIT
If anyone wants to start a thread about this in SHOES/GEAR (separate from Truck Set-Up since its more about pre-retail composition rather then post) I'd love to nerd out about metal. I've been working with Glass/Quartz the past 3 years and havent had the opportunity to talk/research metal in awhile.

I do not work with metals, though I would be interested in hearing more about this.

Also, the only trucks I've ever broken were Ventures.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 01:45:29 PM »

EDIT

Yeah most trucks are sand casted, there's actually an episode of sk8 tv where they go to Tracker and show them pouring trucks and how the molds are made, i've also seen the uncut rack of Indys in photos before that you can tell were also sand casted.

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 01:57:09 PM »
Yes it's true, I have been to Deluxe and toured the place and watched them in the foundry, I didn't get to go to close in there, they basically opened the door and showed me from there. I didn't believe it either since Indy is NHS and figured they would make them there, but I was told they do pour Thunder, Venture and Indy  there at Deluxe. NHS just sources it out, turns out there are not many foundries to produce trucks around.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 02:31:10 PM »
joslin on avenue trucks btw euro tm hit my dm

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 04:07:11 PM »
Expand Quote

EDIT
[close]

Yeah most trucks are sand casted, there's actually an episode of sk8 tv where they go to Tracker and show them pouring trucks and how the molds are made, i've also seen the uncut rack of Indys in photos before that you can tell were also sand casted.

I gotta dig that up! I figured they were sandcasted because the metal looks pitted and you can see where the die grinded the flashing off on the axle. Thanks for satisfying my nerdery!

Slaps Son

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 04:18:05 PM »
Joslin for SOTY, am I right?

Pretty Serious

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 10:17:17 PM »
My theory is this is the truck Chris would be driving if he wasn't bankin those Rockstar dollars.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2018, 03:02:36 AM »
joslin on avenue trucks btw euro tm hit my dm
Met a guy skating these last week and had a roll on them. Surprisingly comfortable, they really reduced impact.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 56
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2018, 04:57:55 AM »
Just because three different trucks use the same metal doesn't mean they have the same strength.  Where the metal is used and the geometry is just as important as the metal itself.