Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 380714 times)

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -155
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4560 on: June 30, 2017, 01:47:19 PM »
^ Foreal.. I heard that Craig Ranch park is amazing

Stoked: Don't have much work today at my job, so it's been an easy day.

Not Stoked: The day is going so slow because of this

Stoked:
It's friday, and that means beers and skating with the homies

Not Stoked: I have to work Monday and Tuesday even though it's a USA holiday

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #4561 on: June 30, 2017, 02:39:39 PM »
Moving back home in three days to a town where all my friends have left. Stoked to work on myself, not stoked on the fact that I'll be going at it alone for a while. At least I have you guys.  :-*

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #4562 on: June 30, 2017, 03:11:29 PM »

Holiday triple overtime Pay at least?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #4563 on: June 30, 2017, 04:26:18 PM »

Just realized I have to close those days. Gonna be ballin on the sale/recently bought page on that following pay check!!!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -155
« Reply #4564 on: June 30, 2017, 04:33:50 PM »

I fucking hope so. It's the law right?

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #4565 on: June 30, 2017, 06:53:18 PM »
Stoked: We having a new head swimming coach
Not Stoked: The person hired was hired over someone much more qualified

I know most of you won't care, but I'm sure y'all can relate to when someone gets hired when they shouldn't have been.
(I'm a diving coach for reference)

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #4566 on: July 02, 2017, 02:05:53 PM »
Stoked: Me and that are girl are official now, about to be even facebook legit

Not stoked: As soon as we both agreed I started to immediately regret my decision and I was the one that brought it up first 

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #4567 on: July 02, 2017, 02:44:11 PM »

Not stoked: As soon as we both agreed I started to immediately regret my decision and I was the one that brought it up first 

Haha! Smooth move ex-lax :D

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #4568 on: July 02, 2017, 02:56:17 PM »

hahhaha its not like I want to fuck anyone, its just kind of strange for me that someone wants to be in a relationship with me because I kind of suck. Maybe its because I benched 220 yesterday that im cool now. Also she eats so fucking much and barely has a stomach, it legit all goes to her ass and boobs.

Now you know why Mia Khalfia wanted fake boobs ;)

white nigga

« Reply #4569 on: July 02, 2017, 03:02:09 PM »
BBDUBZ is the way to go tobey. They take care of you.

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #4570 on: July 02, 2017, 03:16:23 PM »

hahhaha its not like I want to fuck anyone, its just kind of strange for me that someone wants to be in a relationship with me because I kind of suck. Maybe its because I benched 220 yesterday that im cool now. Also she eats so fucking much and barely has a stomach, it legit all goes to her ass and boobs.

Now you know why Mia Khalfia wanted fake boobs ;)

I totally get that! You're suspicious that she might be crazy because you feel like trash ;D

Just go with the flow bro, if you've got a good thing going, just let it happen!

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 41
« Reply #4571 on: July 02, 2017, 03:31:44 PM »
I haven't ran a race all year. So I signed up to run a six hour option at one of those 1 mile loop timed races. I had a manageable race plan in my head and wanted to run at least 36 miles (which would have been about 10:00 per mile). Instead I went against my better judgment and threw caution to the wind and went out wayyy to hot. My half marathon split was 1:33 (about 7:05 per mile).

The loop was also on asphalt and it was hot and humid. I never run on roads. Ever. To me concrete/asphalt is for one thing only and that is skateboarding (or driving on obvs.). Trails and dirt are for running.

So between starting out too hot and the asphalt hammering away at my feet, I bonked pretty hard.

Even though I was a few miles ahead of schedule, my will was super weak. I called it quits at 3 hours.

Stoked on still having fun, learning how bad looped races suck, and stoked on my renewed vow to run roads as little as possible. Not stoked on catching a wicked sunburn and not meeting my goal but fuck it... It's my party and I bonk if I want too.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4572 on: July 03, 2017, 12:16:56 PM »
Not stoked: Helped friends move and stepped on a tack that went through my shoe and stabbed my foot, chipped a tooth attempting to drink water from a canteen in a car, might be working all week long, I was exhausted all last week from over thinking about stuff, and ran out of coffee
Stoked: Finally slept more than 4 hours, actually in a good mood, next pay check looks like it has potential, I have a reason to spend more time skating switch, and I get paid today so might take advantage of the ever so dangerous sale thread

tzhangdox

• Rep: 18
« Reply #4573 on: July 03, 2017, 08:37:22 PM »
Stoked: Got a photo of myself in the Photograffiti section of the August Thrasher issue.

Not Stoked: Back to back midterms for summer classes, gonna be studying non stop the whole week and weekend. Fuck that shit.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #4574 on: July 03, 2017, 09:08:56 PM »
Started going to the gym a couple of weeks ago to get myself unfat. Fucked up my back though.
you never know about pre-cum 

Dwyck

• Rep: -23
  • I left my Phillie at home - do you have another?
« Reply #4575 on: July 03, 2017, 10:16:24 PM »
stoked: getting a ride up to school to spend the 4th with this girl and other upperclassmen, going to dawdle around town all and maybe hit the mini
not stoked: getting a ton of apps out and not a lot of interviews, my band's drummer just left to see his dad for two weeks

shes cute, tobey
When discussions spiral into shit like this it's time to drop 250ug lsd and stare at a lake for a minute.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #4576 on: July 06, 2017, 10:35:52 AM »
Been in the new place for a month. Really like the place; it's huge, he location is killer, management seems competent... but my downstairs neighbor smokes so much weed from 6:00 pm until 1:00 am. Like it comes in even if the windows are shut and the AC is on. I don't care about people getting high, but I have a kid up here. And I think they have a kid too, so that's extra shitty. I asked the manager what the smoking policy is, not snitching on anyone, and people can smoke inside, but not on the balconies. They definitely smoke on the balcony.
you never know about pre-cum 

handsclapanin

• Rep: 149
« Reply #4577 on: July 06, 2017, 12:10:33 PM »
Stoked: Got a photo of myself in the Photograffiti section of the August Thrasher issue.

Rad! Is that you with the 180 NG in SF?

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 86
  • AndyRoysNeck
« Reply #4579 on: July 07, 2017, 01:07:44 PM »
got my first job that isnt selling weed, it sucks. i work for a glorified restaurant now, totally shitty. on top of that  the lady left me to "find herself" and moved out of town. being single is cool but also sucks. this job has made me realize i should have put more thought into my life. i really wish i could have a job working in the skateboard industry or something similar.

peaks and valleys..

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #4580 on: July 08, 2017, 03:26:36 AM »
Went to a villager signing today. The coconut water in itself tasted pretty gross (besides the chocolate flavoured one) but it was still cool getting to meet all the pros. I was ok talking to everyone (P-rod, Kenny Anderson, Guy, etc) but the second I got to AVE i totally choked; I fanned out a little too hard and got nervous talking to him, not to mention the dude was intimidating as fuck. Dollin once said in an interview that AVE is the kinda guy you can't help but look away from when you're talking to him and it's so true. I tried to spark up a brief conversation with him on photosynthesis but he didn't seem too interested in talking, the conversation lasted all but fifteen seconds; he had that tone where you could tell he was pretending like he was interested just to be nice but really wasn't. Out of all of them Guy seemed the nicest and most genuinely interested to talk to the fans.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 93
« Reply #4581 on: July 08, 2017, 08:29:27 AM »
Watching old footage and realizing I'll never have the ability/will-power to huck myself again.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #4582 on: July 08, 2017, 08:35:02 AM »
Watching old footage and realizing I'll never have the ability/will-power to huck myself again.

watching your clips these past couple years, your style has gotten really good .. just bring your pop/tricks to unique spots and you'll make many happy

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 861
« Reply #4583 on: July 08, 2017, 08:41:41 AM »

I'm glad skating, at least enough of a chunk of it to make a difference, is moving/has moved away from hucking. I'm 75 years old I can't do it and I won't do it. I'm not content "having fun" and doing slappies I like to push myself and do things I've never done before or haven't done in awhile, but I'll be goddamned if I'm throwing myself off of anything ever again.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 93
« Reply #4584 on: July 08, 2017, 10:00:52 AM »

watching your clips these past couple years, your style has gotten really good .. just bring your pop/tricks to unique spots and you'll make many happy
Whoa. Thanks, man. That means a lot. I have something in the works at the moment. Hopefully it'll be out around September.

I'm glad skating, at least enough of a chunk of it to make a difference, is moving/has moved away from hucking. I'm 75 years old I can't do it and I won't do it. I'm not content "having fun" and doing slappies I like to push myself and do things I've never done before or haven't done in awhile, but I'll be goddamned if I'm throwing myself off of anything ever again.

Yeah, I'm right there with you on that. I miss the feeling of pushing myself like that, but I'm not going out of my way for it anymore.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #4585 on: July 09, 2017, 11:55:04 AM »
bought some romero laced today for cheap, but won't skate them cause they're non-suede (nubuk) and wouldn't last at all... and i needed new skateshoes, stupid me

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #4586 on: July 09, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »
Had a full blown meltdown at my local park yesterday.
Bashed both knees, getz'd my board to pieces, chucked it, and drove away without batting an eye.

Not stoked on the fact that I have to get a new Christmas complete.
Stoked that the only other person at the park was this kid in the distance meaning he had to have picked up the remains of that old setup.

I hate getting angry on a session but I guess it was just pent up from bottling everything in my being.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 861
« Reply #4587 on: July 09, 2017, 01:08:23 PM »
Bashed both knees, getz'd my board to pieces, chucked it, and drove away without batting an eye.

Stoked that the only other person at the park was this kid in the distance meaning he had to have picked up the remains of that old setup.

I hate getting angry on a session but I guess it was just pent up from bottling everything in my being.

I had an almost identical situation yesterday but I hate new trucks/giving things to people so I bought mine home with me.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -189
« Reply #4588 on: July 09, 2017, 01:28:20 PM »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4589 on: July 09, 2017, 07:55:43 PM »
Let the girl know she wasn't being clear and after some arguing we decided to be friends and left the friends with benefits title (she didn't want any benefits). Finally broke my dry spell to break up sex. Pretty weird feeling post couitus