Author Topic: 2023 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 176744 times)

boogs

Re: 2023 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1530 on: May 06, 2023, 11:33:42 AM »
Just start calling anal “fakie,” and vaginal “regular.” Although unintentionally heteronormative, it effectively distinguishes the front and rear butts.
fixed that for you

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 603
« Reply #1531 on: May 06, 2023, 11:37:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Just start calling anal “fakie,” and vaginal “regular.” Although unintentionally heteronormative, it effectively distinguishes the front and rear butts.
[close]
fixed that for you

I figured fakie involved oral, but alright. What’s switch then?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

boogs

« Reply #1532 on: May 06, 2023, 11:42:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
fixed that for you
[close]

pegging?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1533 on: May 06, 2023, 11:46:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
fixed that for you
[close]

[close]
pegging?
Bahahahaha, that’s what I was thinking, too. Agreed.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1143
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1534 on: May 06, 2023, 01:18:00 PM »
Back in my day, pegging was just what bmx kids did to fuck up ledges.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Heshrat

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1535 on: May 06, 2023, 03:38:35 PM »
Fs boardslides and fs nose are the coolest tricks to me because slipping out can be dangerous for both tricks
I did your mom

Dental Dan

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1536 on: May 06, 2023, 07:21:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
fixed that for you
[close]

[close]
pegging?
[close]
Bahahahaha, that’s what I was thinking, too. Agreed.
If we're using skate terminology, I'm definitely going to call anal "frontside indy" like the perverted deviant I am.
The cia should be sucking our toes and building us better ledge tech.

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 47
« Reply #1537 on: May 06, 2023, 07:29:01 PM »
I learn good English in this thread. Thanks.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 470
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1538 on: May 06, 2023, 08:46:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this shouldn't be unpopular but it probably is

the word "pussy" needs to stop being said unless you are referring to a woman's vagina/vulva. find a different word or phrase. it's not even accurate - yall can't even handle period cramp pains. maybe something like "grow a pair" or "stop being such a bussy" instead. "wimp" is fine too!

sincerely, someone with a pussy
[close]

This makes sense and I'll try to remember to avoid its usage in the future. Thanks for pointing it out.
[close]

thanks so much, I genuinely mean it. this has been on my mind bc I was at the park last week and was standing near a local guy that I am decently acquainted with, and he said to his friend "I'll try to not pussy out" or something like that. It bothered me more than I thought.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

the word "pussy" needs to stop being said unless you are referring to a woman's vagina/vulva. find a different word or phrase. it's not even accurate - yall can't even handle period cramp pains. maybe something like "grow a pair" or "stop being such a bussy" instead. "wimp" is fine too!

[close]

How does "grow a pair" make any more sense though? It's exactly as stupid and inaccurate
[close]

this was mainly a joke alternative, but it actually is accurate the more I think about it.

the main derogatory use of the word "pussy" refers to a man who is not sufficiently masculine, therefore associating him with being weak or cowardly via comparison to female genitalia. it's inherently derogatory to women. you could say that the phrase "grow a pair [of balls]" could refer to that same concept - not being masculine enough because his testicles are nonexistent/growing/not large.

any jab at genitalia or anatomy or bodily characteristics is not cool, I agree. and very silly.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

How does "grow a pair" make any more sense though? It's exactly as stupid and inaccurate
[close]

Imagine telling a female to grow a pair when they're scared to commit to a trick

Being generally more positive is probably best the way to get this point across - "you got this" "just commit" "send it" (if you're that kind of person) "stick it" etc...

Still probably gonna call myself a pussy if I'm afraid of trying a trick tho. I rarely ever say that *to* anyone
[close]

absolutely agree. I can't imagine degrading any fellow skater in hopes of pumping them up, when there are so many great alternatives like the ones you've mentioned! totally fine to have whatever inner dialogue going on up there, just not out loud. I think it's nice to "read the room", so to speak, at skateparks nowadays and adjust behavior accordingly. I am admittedly pretty bad about this because I can't seem to stop cursing around kids.
[close]

Your post is interesting in concept but it's one sided. You should have included that women should stop calling men dicks if your main premise is genitalia should not be used as a personality descriptor. Or do you think one is more acceptable than the other? That could be an interesting discussion.

Sincerely, someone with a dick.
[close]
https://simplysociology.com/patriarchal-society-feminism-definition.html

I prefer the term pusillanimous.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #1539 on: May 06, 2023, 10:14:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

This makes sense and I'll try to remember to avoid its usage in the future. Thanks for pointing it out.
[close]

thanks so much, I genuinely mean it. this has been on my mind bc I was at the park last week and was standing near a local guy that I am decently acquainted with, and he said to his friend "I'll try to not pussy out" or something like that. It bothered me more than I thought.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this was mainly a joke alternative, but it actually is accurate the more I think about it.

the main derogatory use of the word "pussy" refers to a man who is not sufficiently masculine, therefore associating him with being weak or cowardly via comparison to female genitalia. it's inherently derogatory to women. you could say that the phrase "grow a pair [of balls]" could refer to that same concept - not being masculine enough because his testicles are nonexistent/growing/not large.

any jab at genitalia or anatomy or bodily characteristics is not cool, I agree. and very silly.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Imagine telling a female to grow a pair when they're scared to commit to a trick

Being generally more positive is probably best the way to get this point across - "you got this" "just commit" "send it" (if you're that kind of person) "stick it" etc...

Still probably gonna call myself a pussy if I'm afraid of trying a trick tho. I rarely ever say that *to* anyone
[close]

absolutely agree. I can't imagine degrading any fellow skater in hopes of pumping them up, when there are so many great alternatives like the ones you've mentioned! totally fine to have whatever inner dialogue going on up there, just not out loud. I think it's nice to "read the room", so to speak, at skateparks nowadays and adjust behavior accordingly. I am admittedly pretty bad about this because I can't seem to stop cursing around kids.
[close]

Your post is interesting in concept but it's one sided. You should have included that women should stop calling men dicks if your main premise is genitalia should not be used as a personality descriptor. Or do you think one is more acceptable than the other? That could be an interesting discussion.

Sincerely, someone with a dick.
[close]
https://simplysociology.com/patriarchal-society-feminism-definition.html
[close]

I prefer the term pusillanimous.
Often times shortened to pyo͞osə here

nothing's been the since same

IpathCats

« Reply #1540 on: May 07, 2023, 06:01:41 AM »
Unpopular opinion - I do not give a single shit about the 2012-Tumblr “dick” and “pussy” shit and we should stop litigating these asinine semantic arguments.

I think this is way more popular than you realize.

manysnakes

« Reply #1541 on: May 07, 2023, 08:17:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Unpopular opinion - I do not give a single shit about the 2012-Tumblr “dick” and “pussy” shit and we should stop litigating these asinine semantic arguments.
[close]

I realize that it's super popular in the world at large, but Slap there seems to be a contingent of people who want to continue flogging this dead horse.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1542 on: May 07, 2023, 10:14:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I realize that it's super popular in the world at large, but Slap there seems to be a contingent of people who want to continue flogging this dead horse.
I thought that was all taking place in the Mikey Taylor for City Council thread.

Sorry. I’ll show myself out.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #1543 on: May 07, 2023, 11:03:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I thought that was all taking place in the Mikey Taylor for City Council thread.

Sorry. I’ll show myself out.

Hahaha have a gnar for that one

Bigfoot is real

« Reply #1544 on: May 08, 2023, 01:09:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Too short and a lot of the bay area rappers used the word "cock" to describe vagina. Found that kind of jarring when I moved there.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -277
« Reply #1545 on: May 08, 2023, 03:56:00 AM »
Cammo and cargo pants look really silly

manysnakes

« Reply #1546 on: May 08, 2023, 07:56:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Too short and a lot of the bay area rappers used the word "cock" to describe vagina. Found that kind of jarring when I moved there.

Wokeness is cancelled!

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1547 on: May 08, 2023, 09:25:24 AM »
The president is Bush, the vice president's a Dick

caked

• Rep: -25
« Reply #1548 on: May 08, 2023, 10:05:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

this is the last engagement I'll provide because I tried to explain things pretty simply, but only 1 or 2 of you understood. it's disappointing.

casual, culturally-enmeshed misogyny is not an asinine semantic argument LOL. it is not a dead horse to be flogged, either. jesus christ I feel sorry for the women in your lives. do better. if you can't understand that misogyny is wrong and completely rampant, you should feel great shame.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1143
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1549 on: May 08, 2023, 10:15:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
this is the last engagement I'll provide because I tried to explain things pretty simply, but only 1 or 2 of you understood. it's disappointing.

casual, culturally-enmeshed misogyny is not an asinine semantic argument LOL. it is not a dead horse to be flogged, either. jesus christ I feel sorry for the women in your lives. do better. if you can't understand that misogyny is wrong and completely rampant, you should feel great shame.

Ok ok we get it, you’re a wonderful person.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

manysnakes

« Reply #1550 on: May 08, 2023, 10:46:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Why do you assume that I use those gendered terms?

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #1551 on: May 08, 2023, 10:56:08 AM »
so many snakes, so little time

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #1552 on: May 08, 2023, 12:02:56 PM »
I’ve never liked calling people pussy so I say weenie, which seems ironic.

IpathCats

« Reply #1553 on: May 08, 2023, 01:01:03 PM »
Alright I'll say it. @caked you're a total pussy bro.

But everyone arguing with him is being a dickhead tbh.

And don't get me started on the rest of you assholes.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1425
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1554 on: May 08, 2023, 01:03:04 PM »

Caked is a woman, fuck face.

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

IpathCats

« Reply #1555 on: May 08, 2023, 01:44:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Caked is a woman, fuck face.

Lol, yea missed that.

Either way, I'm clearly joking.

I'm sure she understands that and is more than capable of sticking up for herself if she feels the need to.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1556 on: May 08, 2023, 01:46:19 PM »

IpathCats

« Reply #1557 on: May 08, 2023, 01:53:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm in and out, clearly not reading everything lol.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1558 on: May 08, 2023, 02:05:11 PM »
I’m just joking around, too.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 151
« Reply #1559 on: May 08, 2023, 02:06:46 PM »
If 'pussy' is as derogatory as calling someone a 'dick', where's the misogyny? Sounds like gender equality to me. Is 'asshole' fair game? As a dude, I feel no way personally, or as a member of the male constituency, about dick being a common insult. I don't see how 'pussy' reflects negatively on women as a whole, and I don't think most people who use it colloquially think misogynistically when they refer to someone that way.

Genetalia need not be gendered anyway. The trans and gender non-binary community doesn't take very kindly to it, I've heard.