Author Topic: 2023 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 177220 times)

SatanicPanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
Re: 2023 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1500 on: May 04, 2023, 09:01:26 PM »
I like the Nike logo. It’s good.

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1501 on: May 05, 2023, 02:53:00 AM »
Adidas Forum adv small logo looks sick in my view

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #1502 on: May 05, 2023, 11:00:15 AM »
Counter unpopular opinion: new balance has the best shoe logo in all of skateboarding. Not even saying it's good but literally every other logo that's on the side of a skate shoe is worse. The vans stripe is kinda okish but everything else is equal to the cariuma logo

swoosh looks infinitely better than the N

changed1

« Reply #1503 on: May 05, 2023, 11:19:47 AM »
New Balance will forever be elderly people shoes.
Shredding in the Eustace 12s.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1504 on: May 05, 2023, 12:30:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Counter unpopular opinion: new balance has the best shoe logo in all of skateboarding. Not even saying it's good but literally every other logo that's on the side of a skate shoe is worse. The vans stripe is kinda okish but everything else is equal to the cariuma logo
[close]

swoosh looks infinitely better than the N
Ugly ahh neo nazi ahh shoes
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1505 on: May 05, 2023, 12:37:49 PM »
No one looks good skating in New Balance shoes.

word straye all daye erry daye

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #1506 on: May 05, 2023, 12:48:25 PM »
Modern day girl / chocolate > modern day aws / habitat
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 151
« Reply #1507 on: May 05, 2023, 01:36:06 PM »
No one looks good skating in New Balance shoes.

I think it depends. The 808s and a couple of colorways of the 440 get a pass in my book. Everything else just looks downright sporty and, yeah, like old man orthopedic shoes or johnny streetwear 90s revival BS.

caked

• Rep: -27
« Reply #1508 on: May 05, 2023, 01:45:29 PM »
this shouldn't be unpopular but it probably is

the word "pussy" needs to stop being said unless you are referring to a woman's vagina/vulva. find a different word or phrase. it's not even accurate - yall can't even handle period cramp pains. maybe something like "grow a pair" or "stop being such a bussy" instead. "wimp" is fine too!

sincerely, someone with a pussy

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #1509 on: May 05, 2023, 01:59:29 PM »
You think bussy is weak? BUSSY IS STRONK! *smashes Risk board*
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #1510 on: May 05, 2023, 02:29:49 PM »

the word "pussy" needs to stop being said unless you are referring to a woman's vagina/vulva. find a different word or phrase. it's not even accurate - yall can't even handle period cramp pains. maybe something like "grow a pair" or "stop being such a bussy" instead. "wimp" is fine too!

This makes sense and I'll try to remember to avoid its usage in the future. Thanks for pointing it out.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 629
« Reply #1511 on: May 05, 2023, 02:53:44 PM »

How does "grow a pair" make any more sense though? It's exactly as stupid and inaccurate

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1512 on: May 05, 2023, 03:16:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How does "grow a pair" make any more sense though? It's exactly as stupid and inaccurate

Imagine telling a female to grow a pair when they're scared to commit to a trick

Being generally more positive is probably best the way to get this point across - "you got this" "just commit" "send it" (if you're that kind of person) "stick it" etc...

Still probably gonna call myself a pussy if I'm afraid of trying a trick tho. I rarely ever say that *to* anyone
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #1513 on: May 05, 2023, 03:59:50 PM »
AVE has a weird lookin baby

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #1514 on: May 05, 2023, 04:42:05 PM »
I’m hot u not
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

caked

• Rep: -27
« Reply #1515 on: May 05, 2023, 05:01:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This makes sense and I'll try to remember to avoid its usage in the future. Thanks for pointing it out.

thanks so much, I genuinely mean it. this has been on my mind bc I was at the park last week and was standing near a local guy that I am decently acquainted with, and he said to his friend "I'll try to not pussy out" or something like that. It bothered me more than I thought.

Expand Quote

[close]

this was mainly a joke alternative, but it actually is accurate the more I think about it.

the main derogatory use of the word "pussy" refers to a man who is not sufficiently masculine, therefore associating him with being weak or cowardly via comparison to female genitalia. it's inherently derogatory to women. you could say that the phrase "grow a pair [of balls]" could refer to that same concept - not being masculine enough because his testicles are nonexistent/growing/not large.

any jab at genitalia or anatomy or bodily characteristics is not cool, I agree. and very silly.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Imagine telling a female to grow a pair when they're scared to commit to a trick

Being generally more positive is probably best the way to get this point across - "you got this" "just commit" "send it" (if you're that kind of person) "stick it" etc...

Still probably gonna call myself a pussy if I'm afraid of trying a trick tho. I rarely ever say that *to* anyone

absolutely agree. I can't imagine degrading any fellow skater in hopes of pumping them up, when there are so many great alternatives like the ones you've mentioned! totally fine to have whatever inner dialogue going on up there, just not out loud. I think it's nice to "read the room", so to speak, at skateparks nowadays and adjust behavior accordingly. I am admittedly pretty bad about this because I can't seem to stop cursing around kids.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1516 on: May 05, 2023, 05:59:30 PM »
pussy is so great

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1517 on: May 05, 2023, 10:47:27 PM »
I sometimes feel like a big Jessie….when really I’m just Jesse…same difference I guess….

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #1518 on: May 05, 2023, 11:02:41 PM »
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #1519 on: May 06, 2023, 06:52:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

thanks so much, I genuinely mean it. this has been on my mind bc I was at the park last week and was standing near a local guy that I am decently acquainted with, and he said to his friend "I'll try to not pussy out" or something like that. It bothered me more than I thought.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this was mainly a joke alternative, but it actually is accurate the more I think about it.

the main derogatory use of the word "pussy" refers to a man who is not sufficiently masculine, therefore associating him with being weak or cowardly via comparison to female genitalia. it's inherently derogatory to women. you could say that the phrase "grow a pair [of balls]" could refer to that same concept - not being masculine enough because his testicles are nonexistent/growing/not large.

any jab at genitalia or anatomy or bodily characteristics is not cool, I agree. and very silly.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

absolutely agree. I can't imagine degrading any fellow skater in hopes of pumping them up, when there are so many great alternatives like the ones you've mentioned! totally fine to have whatever inner dialogue going on up there, just not out loud. I think it's nice to "read the room", so to speak, at skateparks nowadays and adjust behavior accordingly. I am admittedly pretty bad about this because I can't seem to stop cursing around kids.

Your post is interesting in concept but it's one sided. You should have included that women should stop calling men dicks if your main premise is genitalia should not be used as a personality descriptor. Or do you think one is more acceptable than the other? That could be an interesting discussion.

Sincerely, someone with a dick.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #1520 on: May 06, 2023, 06:54:58 AM »
Dick n pussy wah wah wah
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Dental Dan

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1521 on: May 06, 2023, 07:34:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Your post is interesting in concept but it's one sided. You should have included that women should stop calling men dicks if your main premise is genitalia should not be used as a personality descriptor. Or do you think one is more acceptable than the other? That could be an interesting discussion.

The person I'm dating isn't into the word pussy. Suggestions?
Cunt, kitty, vagina, are not it.
I have no idea how to refer to their vagina in the bedroom and it's kind of hilarious.
"Do you want me to put it in your ass or....... uhhh.... ummmmmmmmm... uhhhh.... anal it is"
The cia should be sucking our toes and building us better ledge tech.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1522 on: May 06, 2023, 07:57:46 AM »
Front-butt?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #1523 on: May 06, 2023, 09:09:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I have no idea how to refer to their vagina in the bedroom and it's kind of hilarious.
"Do you want me to put it in your ass or....... uhhh.... ummmmmmmmm... uhhhh.... anal it is"
Bombaclout
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

manysnakes

« Reply #1524 on: May 06, 2023, 09:11:54 AM »
Unpopular opinion - I do not give a single shit about the 2012-Tumblr “dick” and “pussy” shit and we should stop litigating these asinine semantic arguments.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #1525 on: May 06, 2023, 09:12:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My lady prefers either ‘the hatchet wound’ or ‘the snake trap’
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

« Reply #1526 on: May 06, 2023, 09:27:36 AM »
Unpopular opinion - I do not give a single shit about the 2012-Tumblr “dick” and “pussy” shit and we should stop litigating these asinine semantic arguments.
Pussy boi dont wan war
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #1527 on: May 06, 2023, 09:33:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

My lady prefers either ‘the hatchet wound’ or ‘the snake trap’
Mine prefers the batcave.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #1528 on: May 06, 2023, 09:54:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

https://simplysociology.com/patriarchal-society-feminism-definition.html

nothing's been the since same

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1529 on: May 06, 2023, 11:32:14 AM »
Just start calling anal “switch,” and vaginal “regular.” Although unintentionally heteronormative, it effectively distinguishes the front and rear butts.