Author Topic: NYJAHS PART RULES!!!  (Read 64626 times)

Eschaton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
Re: NYJAHS PART RULES!!!
« Reply #480 on: November 12, 2011, 09:59:18 AM »
Sick video, didn't see a double tre noseblunt though :\ and considering the level of stuff done in the video, the ender sucked, and damn I miss watching fisheye footy, but if you've decided you weren't gonna pay for this iTunes bullshit, just watch it here:EDIT::REMOVED
Don't be a pussy. Posting this part up is the only good thing that can come from this thread.

Baron von Bullshit

• Rep: -2
« Reply #481 on: November 12, 2011, 10:12:31 AM »
Purchased, and watched.

I was kind of bored.  FUCK YEAH BIG GAPS AND HUGE STAIRS...and more big gaps and huge stairs...and stairs...and stairs...oh and a gap.  It was like watching extended cuts of his street league runs.  The dude has talent and skill, for sure. I just didn't get any "OH SHIT!" moments.  Solid skating, boring presentation I guess.

Still waiting for Grant's parts.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #482 on: November 12, 2011, 10:22:08 AM »
that first backlip was one of the most astonishing things in that whole part. I take back every bad thing I have ever said about nyjah. seeing those slams, this dude really wants it. If you dont at least have respect for the sheer perserverance, you are a moron. This kid just won't quit. also sluggers is just hating to hate, nothing he says should be of any value to anyone. he hates reynolds, donny barley, nyjah, and almost everything else it seems. but jeeesuss nyjah i cant wait to see what's next. this parts gonna be on repeat for a lonng time for me

im probably lying

earlygrab

« Reply #483 on: November 12, 2011, 10:24:20 AM »
another boring contest skater pretending he street skates when infact all he is doing is practicing for contest, his words not mine. Going to famous spots and one upping the last guy is about as jock as it gets, especially when there is zero creativity involved. I want to like this kid cause he has amazing skills, but his direction and goal to win skateboarding fucking suck.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #484 on: November 12, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »
Purchased, and watched.

I was kind of bored.  FUCK YEAH BIG GAPS AND HUGE STAIRS...and more big gaps and huge stairs...and stairs...and stairs...oh and a gap.  It was like watching extended cuts of his street league runs.  The dude has talent and skill, for sure. I just didn't get any "OH SHIT!" moments.  Solid skating, boring presentation I guess.

Do you work for Thrasher/Burton? Good luck to Grant but that part just ended the year. Any transition talk is just stupid ,
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #485 on: November 12, 2011, 10:28:25 AM »
Suprised there aren't more people bitching about the edit. That was fucking insane and has probably changed the face of skating. The Pat Duffy analogy was right. Great part. And if this doesn't give him Thrasher's skater of the year it proves what a joke that title is.

Skater of the year is already a lock. Sad to say it isn't Dennis, but well deserved none the less.

interesante

« Reply #486 on: November 12, 2011, 10:32:36 AM »
another boring contest skater pretending he street skates when infact all he is doing is practicing for contest, his words not mine. Going to famous spots and one upping the last guy is about as jock as it gets, especially when there is zero creativity involved. I want to like this kid cause he has amazing skills, but his direction and goal to win skateboarding fucking suck.

you win at being a really dumb person

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #487 on: November 12, 2011, 10:36:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Suprised there aren't more people bitching about the edit. That was fucking insane and has probably changed the face of skating. The Pat Duffy analogy was right. Great part. And if this doesn't give him Thrasher's skater of the year it proves what a joke that title is.
[close]

Skater of the year is already a lock. Sad to say it isn't Dennis, but well deserved none the less.
So Nijah has it? I haven't seen that much from Grant Taylor. He hasn't won any contests as far as I know. Did he have an amazing part I missed? How can it be a lock???
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #488 on: November 12, 2011, 10:43:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
So Nijah has it? I haven't seen that much from Grant Taylor. He hasn't won any contests as far as I know. Did he have an amazing part I missed? How can it be a lock???

because it's grant taylor and it's thrasher... it was probaly never gonna go anyone else this year. i guess phelps wants him to be soty, so he will be. always bothered me jamie thomas never got it

im probably lying

LemonParty

• Rep: -112
« Reply #489 on: November 12, 2011, 10:46:21 AM »
Purchased, and watched.

I was kind of bored.� FUCK YEAH BIG GAPS AND HUGE STAIRS...and more big gaps and huge stairs...and stairs...and stairs...oh and a gap.� It was like watching extended cuts of his street league runs.� The dude has talent and skill, for sure. I just didn't get any "OH SHIT!" moments.� Solid skating, boring presentation I guess.

a switch bigheel down a 17 stair didnt make you say oh shit?

270 backlip down hollywood 16 didnt make you say oh shit?

that bs smith bail, and getting back up and doing it didnt make you say oh shit?

kickflipbs smith/bs 270 noseblunt down smaller hollywood set/nolle heel bs lip a 12/flip front crook/nollie inward heel/etcetcetcetc amazing tricks?

obviously if your not into gap/rail skating you wont like nyjah. But why would you buy the video? did you think nyjah was gonna be skating cellar doors and doing wallrides?

What exactly makes you say oh shit? grant taylor doing a frontside air for the millionth time?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #490 on: November 12, 2011, 10:48:15 AM »
That "Grant Taylor doing a frontside air for the millionth time" remark is about as ignorant as any comment you are criticizing.
Nyjah's shit was sick. People nitpick about this and that, but everything he did was absurdly good. He probably is at least in the running for SOTY if he doesn't straight have it locked down, though I'd be way more hyped for Brandon Westgate to get it (his new part came out at the beginning of this year).
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #491 on: November 12, 2011, 10:49:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

because it's grant taylor and it's thrasher... it was probaly never gonna go anyone else this year. i guess phelps wants him to be soty, so he will be. always bothered me jamie thomas never got it

Shouldn't it be called Phelp's Man Crush of the Year?

It kind of makes you think Thrasher maybe bought out?

If this part doesn't win then: fuck thrasher's skater of the year.

industry bitches.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #492 on: November 12, 2011, 10:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

industry bitches.
Welcome to the world of skateboarding

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #493 on: November 12, 2011, 10:59:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

industry bitches.
[close]
Welcome to the world of skateboarding
I've been here 17 years. I always thought Thrasher was a joke but this may take the cake.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #494 on: November 12, 2011, 11:00:41 AM »
^ Yep, thrasher is a joke for having a different opinion than you.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

industry bitches.
I don't think bought out is the right phrase, if that were the case deluxe dudes would win it every year, and considering the way Busenitz has been overlooked that isn't the case. Phelps just doesn't really have any legitimate criteria for what makes somebody soty, and is the only one deciding, which makes it seem less legitimate. The thing is though, back in 98 every magazine gave their soty to Muska, and Thrasher gave it to Reynolds, and thrasher seemed out of touch, but now look where they are, Reynolds is crushing the ender to the Emerica video and Muska is giving out TMZ style apologies, there may be a method to the madness.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #495 on: November 12, 2011, 11:00:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Purchased, and watched.

I was kind of bored.� FUCK YEAH BIG GAPS AND HUGE STAIRS...and more big gaps and huge stairs...and stairs...and stairs...oh and a gap.� It was like watching extended cuts of his street league runs.� The dude has talent and skill, for sure. I just didn't get any "OH SHIT!" moments.� Solid skating, boring presentation I guess.

[close]

a switch bigheel down a 17 stair didnt make you say oh shit?

270 backlip down hollywood 16 didnt make you say oh shit?

that bs smith bail, and getting back up and doing it didnt make you say oh shit?

kickflipbs smith/bs 270 noseblunt down smaller hollywood set/nolle heel bs lip a 12/flip front crook/nollie inward heel/etcetcetcetc amazing tricks?

obviously if your not into gap/rail skating you wont like nyjah. But why would you buy the video? did you think nyjah was gonna be skating cellar doors and doing wallrides?

What exactly makes you say oh shit? grant taylor doing a frontside air for the millionth time?

shit's still boring. just like Street League all over again.
the bail on the back smith got me hyped.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1640
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #496 on: November 12, 2011, 11:05:46 AM »
Nyjah's part was stupid doo-doo dumb gnar!  That back smith was just a.b.c. apeshitbonkerscrazy, good job nyjah, WELL worth the 3 bucks
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #497 on: November 12, 2011, 11:11:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

industry bitches.
[close]
I don't think bought out is the right phrase, if that were the case deluxe dudes would win it every year, and considering the way Busenitz has been overlooked that isn't the case. Phelps just doesn't really have any legitimate criteria for what makes somebody soty, and is the only one deciding, which makes it seem less legitimate. The thing is though, back in 98 every magazine gave their soty to Muska, and Thrasher gave it to Reynolds, and thrasher seemed out of touch, but now look where they are, Reynolds is crushing the ender to the Emerica video and Muska is giving out TMZ style apologies, there may be a method to the madness.
So is it more "skater of the year and ten years down the line"? I don't really get your point? I'm sure there must be a lot of Thrasher bitches on this forum. Either way, that part was Skater of the Year. Westgate was a good call too...

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #498 on: November 12, 2011, 11:25:06 AM »
what the fuck? who deleted my link? EDIT::Removed, I removed your link
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:12:21 PM by admin »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #499 on: November 12, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Three Pyramids, I win.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
STRAIGHT UP NOT JOKING TO BE APART OF PYMAID. I AIN'T PAYING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
It took me 15 seconds to find just now.  You lazy bums simply need search his name on the 2nd most popular video site.  It's right there. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #500 on: November 12, 2011, 11:43:07 AM »
People complaining about him skating rails are dumb. The same people would probably be hyped if he did lines with those tricks on flatbars. What he's doing isn't typical boring rail skating, its tech skating down handrails.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

industry bitches.
[close]
[close]
So is it more "skater of the year and ten years down the line"? I don't really get your point? I'm sure there must be a lot of Thrasher bitches on this forum. Either way, that part was Skater of the Year. Westgate was a good call too...
My point was that looking back, Muska was more of a flavor of the month who was peaking with a sick part, I still think he's great, but he doesn't compare in talent to Reynolds, Reynolds part in The End was a turning point in a career that would become legendary. With more than ten years to look back, it seems to me that Thrasher recognized a deeper talent emerging. Just my opinion, and you are allowed to disagree, I'm just saying, when you look back at thrasher's soty's they tend to be legends, and a lot of other magazines pick the popular guy of the moment instead of the person who's skating actually has staying power, so I'm slow to criticize their picks.
I still think TSM picking Colin Provost over Chris Pfanner for year's best am last year is ridiculous though.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Three Pyramids, I win.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
It took me 15 seconds to find just now.  You lazy bums simply need search his name on the 2nd most popular video site.  It's right there. 
yes indeed.

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #501 on: November 12, 2011, 11:51:59 AM »
AHAHAHAH @ THE GRANT / NYJAH COMPASSRISON AHAHAHAHAH

MAN HIS MANY TRICKS WAS SICK AS FUCK

THE SWITCH MANNY SWITCH HEEL WAS SICK AS WAS THAT NOLLIE INWARD HEEL NOSE MANNY NOLLIE HEEL WAS SURPRISING AS FUCK

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #502 on: November 12, 2011, 12:09:18 PM »
People complaining about him skating rails are dumb. The same people would probably be hyped if he did lines with those tricks on flatbars. What he's doing isn't typical boring rail skating, its tech skating down handrails.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

industry bitches.
[close]
[close]
[close]
My point was that looking back, Muska was more of a flavor of the month who was peaking with a sick part, I still think he's great, but he doesn't compare in talent to Reynolds, Reynolds part in The End was a turning point in a career that would become legendary. With more than ten years to look back, it seems to me that Thrasher recognized a deeper talent emerging. Just my opinion, and you are allowed to disagree, I'm just saying, when you look back at thrasher's soty's they tend to be legends, and a lot of other magazines pick the popular guy of the moment instead of the person who's skating actually has staying power, so I'm slow to criticize their picks.
I still think TSM picking Colin Provost over Chris Pfanner for year's best am last year is ridiculous though.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Three Pyramids, I win.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
yes indeed.
I don't really get what you mean. Reynold's The End part was gnarly at the time. So are you telling me Nijah is just flavour of the month? I don't even like him! That part was the best of this year. recognising future talent should be left to fortune tellers. Can someone post this amazing Grant Taylor part? Can't really see it topping that one.   

WhackAsFuck

• Rep: -30
« Reply #503 on: November 12, 2011, 12:37:08 PM »
you haters are whack, switch front blunt handrail anyone

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #504 on: November 12, 2011, 12:46:56 PM »
Pretty sure there was only a 3 flip lipslide in that part.  No 3 flip smith.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1968
« Reply #505 on: November 12, 2011, 01:18:23 PM »
nyjah slams like a man

theres a few specific tricks i really really liked like the bigspin hurricane the back3 noseblunt to name a few.

ive always wanted to see a 3flip smith but i didnt like the angle.

some tricks went by waay too quickly.

lil waynes great but i didnt like this particular song

i know a lot of you guys are fans of the flip grind shuv it out variations but i really hate those tricks. ledges or rails. theyre technically impressive but....

anyways nyjah pretty much killed it. hes on some cory kennedy shit. this dude goes huge.

also dont ever compare nyjah to duffy. nyjahs technical not revolutionary.

Here ya go.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #506 on: November 12, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »
Pretty sure there was only a 3 flip lipslide in that part.  No 3 flip smith.
no, there was a tre flip smith

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

James Lanson

• Rep: -17
« Reply #507 on: November 12, 2011, 01:45:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

industry bitches.

Phelpophile...dude is creepier than that coach from penn state who has been fucking little boys
Expand Quote
Big lips, tiny hands = gloryland.
[close]

this should be written on a trucker hat along with that redneck-flag. and money

LANDSCAPEYO

• Rep: -2
« Reply #508 on: November 12, 2011, 02:06:02 PM »
NO treflip smith

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #509 on: November 12, 2011, 02:11:35 PM »
i honestly think SOTY should go to westgate ( even grant said he thinks westgate should get it ) - but the grant part drops the day before thanksgiving i believe - and it will blow minds - you wont see grant trying to 270 lip hollywood 16, but you will see some stuff that is arguably just as gnarly, and it wont all be transition..  grant represents what Thrasher is all about and fits the feel of the mag, and there are a million reasons he should get skater of the year.

2 years from now, nyjah could repeat what he did this year and it should be even more gnarly - he could win every street contest and put out an even more fucked part for element or whoever -- and maybe then he'll get SOTY..  that being said, i honestly wouldnt be THAT surprised if they did give it to him this year, considering what he's done. I think chris cole got it for less 2 years ago..  not that he didnt deserve it at the time..

the reality though, is that SOTY really isnt that important -- its one magazine and in the end one man's opinion so i wouldnt get too worried about it