Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 797487 times)

TwisT and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #2970 on: May 14, 2020, 07:37:23 PM »
Has anyone tried Dogtown wheels, both the hard and soft ones?

inb4 "bro just get spitfire f4"

Davethedavedave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #2971 on: May 14, 2020, 10:57:14 PM »
Yes

Uncle Poseur

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2972 on: May 15, 2020, 05:13:03 AM »

Bump for this. I'm looking for a good 97a.

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2973 on: May 17, 2020, 01:19:52 AM »

Are these OJs or Bones V1?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 01:22:22 AM by mbam003 »

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2974 on: May 17, 2020, 03:20:15 AM »
I would like Pig to offer something to compete with oj elites, bones stf, and spitfire f4. It would be cool if they were actually a good wheel company.

But if they do already make a legit wheel and I'm unaware, please let me know.

yea, pig came out with their “prime” wheels a few months ago. I’ve heard good things.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #2975 on: May 17, 2020, 03:38:11 AM »
anyone has any experience with Speedlab wheels? Always thought they look great.
Looking to buy these - 61mm. 28mm riding surface. 99a

9/11 was a national tragedy

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #2976 on: May 17, 2020, 09:23:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m loving a set of Speedlab Danforth 97a. As they’ve broken in they feel better and better. Highly recommended. Just got a set of their 54mm 99a Slappy Hour and those are sick as well.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #2977 on: May 17, 2020, 04:59:02 PM »
Nbam003 looks like bones
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
« Reply #2978 on: May 18, 2020, 11:03:49 AM »
Was hesitant to skate f4 101s because the 99s were already slick on skatepark terrain but I picked up a set of 101 classics and they've been perfect for the quarantine.

I'm only skating street now because all the parks are closed so the grip to slide ratio on asphalt is perfect.

Check them out if you need a new set of wheels and the shop is sold out of 99.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2979 on: May 18, 2020, 12:27:02 PM »
Was hesitant to skate f4 101s because the 99s were already slick on skatepark terrain but I picked up a set of 101 classics and they've been perfect for the quarantine.

I'm only skating street now because all the parks are closed so the grip to slide ratio on asphalt is perfect.

i love the 101a f4 slide. wish my local had the concical fulls in that duro but my luck was pretty shit that week
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2980 on: May 18, 2020, 12:39:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i love the 101a f4 slide. wish my local had the concical fulls in that duro but my luck was pretty shit that week
even on shitty roads you'd still go 101 over 99 with the conical full?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2981 on: May 18, 2020, 01:02:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
even on shitty roads you'd still go 101 over 99 with the conical full?
for starters, when i tried the radial slims in both duros, i didnt feel much of a gap in comfort on 101a. a hard spit is a hard spit to me, the shape of the wheel has made more of a difference than the duro. radial slims just dont cut it for on rough streets for me at all. i just skated fast and tried not to get pitched by small shit

the shape of the conical fulls make them run over all that small shit and cracks but at times i wish they would break grip more easily for slides. since i dont see much difference in the ride smoothness, its a "sacrifice" id be more than willing to make. id skate 99s if i was skating primarily tranny but thats not the case. when the time comes ill try to suck it up anyways on 101s
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #2982 on: May 18, 2020, 02:13:40 PM »
So it’s not too noticeable of a difference? Was thinking about grabbing conical fulls and debating 99vs101. I’ve been liking my 101 tablets but could use a more forgiving shape for crusty east coast hills.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2983 on: May 18, 2020, 04:12:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've ridden a set of their 99a (the Venice/Ocean Park series, got them at my local in Santa Monica); they felt like your typical Aend pour.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2984 on: May 18, 2020, 06:21:30 PM »
So it’s not too noticeable of a difference? Was thinking about grabbing conical fulls and debating 99vs101. I’ve been liking my 101 tablets but could use a more forgiving shape for crusty east coast hills.
are the tablets not doing it for you? i got the conical fulls for the same reason as you listed but figured that since the tablets have about the same riding surface, they would be just as good. please let me know if thats not the case

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2985 on: May 18, 2020, 06:32:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
are the tablets not doing it for you? i got the conical fulls for the same reason as you listed but figured that since the tablets have about the same riding surface, they would be just as good. please let me know if thats not the case
yeah 54mm tablets and conical fulls have the same 22mm riding surface

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2986 on: May 18, 2020, 06:41:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
so they should ride the same but flip different in theory...might be wrong

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #2987 on: May 18, 2020, 07:32:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

would the extra width of the conical full change your slide or have a bigger riding surface once broken in? i’ve been loving the tablets so far, especially for street and flat. just not as used to bombing hills in F4s after years of STF.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2988 on: May 18, 2020, 09:42:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

would the extra width of the conical full change your slide or have a bigger riding surface once broken in? i’ve been loving the tablets so far, especially for street and flat. just not as used to bombing hills in F4s after years of STF.
its more controllable but needs more deliberation with the 99a. im hoping 101a is easy to break grip yet controllable

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2989 on: June 01, 2020, 05:19:43 PM »
People running 54mm or 56mm loophole v-cuts, do you have a width measurement you could share? Contemplating getting a pair.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #2990 on: June 05, 2020, 06:45:55 PM »
Just ordered bones STF99a 54mm V3, pretty excited to see how they feel. I haven’t had bones wheels in a couple years.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2991 on: June 06, 2020, 01:49:40 AM »
I usually ride f4 classic shape, 101d. Now I felt like I needed some change so I got conical fulls instead, same size and duro and man these are mad hard to break into slide, felt like I needed some extra effort to get them to slide while usually when changing from old wheels it gets only easier... I measured my old wheels and contact patch was almost similar.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2992 on: June 06, 2020, 05:15:05 AM »
Just ordered bones STF99a 54mm V3, pretty excited to see how they feel. I haven’t had bones wheels in a couple years.

Was thinking of trying a pair of V3s, but at 54mm they are pretty similar in width and weight to a V1 in 52mm. Ideally I would want them a hair smaller like 51mm. Easy Streets are a nice hardness, the regular 103a is unforgiving.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2993 on: June 06, 2020, 05:56:58 AM »
People running 54mm or 56mm loophole v-cuts, do you have a width measurement you could share? Contemplating getting a pair.
I don’t but you should get a pair anyway

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2994 on: June 06, 2020, 07:08:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha, way ahead of you. Ordered some from
Library, going to be here Monday. NGL I keep going to that picture of your northern board with aces and the 56s. Looks too good.

Edit: always been a 50-53mm person but going to try these with some mellow kicks and hope the ghost pop isn't too much.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:15:21 AM by FrozenIndustries »

animalflesh

« Reply #2995 on: June 06, 2020, 08:44:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Library, going to be here Monday. NGL I keep going to that picture of your northern board with aces and the 56s. Looks too good.

Edit: always been a 50-53mm person but going to try these with some mellow kicks and hope the ghost pop isn't too much.

Let me know? I’ve been on the fence with those

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2996 on: June 06, 2020, 09:14:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Let me know? I’ve been on the fence with those

For sure!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2997 on: June 06, 2020, 09:31:28 AM »
I loved mine, all the same but V4
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2998 on: June 06, 2020, 02:38:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I loved mine, all the same but V4

V3, V5 and V2 are my favs; setting up some V2s in a day or so (wanted 99a and couldn't find spit tablets anywhere).

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2999 on: June 07, 2020, 02:42:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

sweet, I usually ride 54s, tried the 56 conical loopholes with my last board and hated the ghost pop BUT I just got a new polar with really mellow kick and nose AND it has wheel wells so I bought another pair of 56s. They’re a lot of fun to ride and besides it’s hard to get F4s at the moment anyway...

Edit: shit, thanks for checking out my pic of the northern co board, I thought no one was really digging it. I was out on it today actually with 52mm or so F4s on it, it looked better with the bigger wheels though!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 02:44:28 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year