Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 798502 times)

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #3300 on: October 10, 2020, 03:04:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just ordered some AWS Clone wheels because I had a discount code and they are conicals. How disappointed am I going to be coming from F4s?
[close]
Very according to somebody in here when I asked how those wheels were.
[close]

Take peoples opinions with a grain of salt here. Im sure theyre not THAT bad.

Just skated the Clone wheels. This take was spot on, they're not too bad at all. They feel like the classic Spitfire formula to me. I'll be back to F4 eventually, but these will do for now.

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #3301 on: October 14, 2020, 12:41:13 PM »
Glad to hear. Still on the fence with the Nomads.

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #3302 on: October 14, 2020, 06:03:48 PM »
I'm riding Spitfires F4 conicals 101a atm. They are very sticky is this usual for them? I've never ridden them before. Even when doing small slides on rougher ground the get marks in them. Not flat sport, more do decent scratches. My Bones never did that.
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3303 on: October 14, 2020, 06:36:27 PM »
You’re riding fake F4s then?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3304 on: October 14, 2020, 06:52:24 PM »
I'm riding Spitfires F4 conicals 101a atm. They are very sticky is this usual for them? I've never ridden them before. Even when doing small slides on rougher ground the get marks in them. Not flat sport, more do decent scratches. My Bones never did that.

Where did you get them?

Post a pic of the wheel graphic if you can, because the fake ones all seem to have overlapping colours on the graphic and it goes right to the edge of the wheel, whereas the normal ones do not.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3305 on: October 14, 2020, 07:19:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where did you get them?

Post a pic of the wheel graphic if you can, because the fake ones all seem to have overlapping colours on the graphic and it goes right to the edge of the wheel, whereas the normal ones do not.

Definitely post pics, managed to get my hands on some a few weeks ago. Haven't ridden them but the color looks a little off already, it's a glowing, almost translucent white instead of a yellow-white:

I'd be interested to see how they perform. I just got on my first set of F4 a few weeks ago and getting used to them so I can benchmark them against these wheels.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3306 on: October 14, 2020, 07:33:21 PM »
Is that a join line running down the middle of the wheel surface too?

Fascinating to see fake copies, but sad if people are buying them thinking they are the real deal.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3307 on: October 14, 2020, 07:33:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Where did you get them?

[close]

Definitely post pics, managed to get my hands on some a few weeks ago. Haven't ridden them but the color looks a little off already, it's a glowing, almost translucent white instead of a yellow-white:

I'd be interested to see how they perform. I just got on my first set of F4 a few weeks ago and getting used to them so I can benchmark them against these wheels.
yeah that font for the conical full text isn’t right and the graphic goes too far

https://cdn.skatedeluxe.com/thumb/8-IDMekfzMCOTP8OZNaXzQniL_Q=/fit-in/412x480/filters:fill(white):brightness(-4)/product/106377-0-Spitfire-FormulaFourConicalFull53mm.jpg

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3308 on: October 14, 2020, 07:43:38 PM »

Not really seeing the CONICAL FULL text difference but I can see how the graphic is really pushed to the edge on the fake ones.

Is it just me or does the flame head look out of position?
On the originals the conical section cuts into the outer 25% of the flaming head.
On the fakes it looks like the conical section cuts past the 50% of the flaming head.

Original here:
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3309 on: October 14, 2020, 08:07:42 PM »
As you said re flame head logo, you can really see how the different colours are not aligned on the fake ones, eg look at the gold which is offset to the white of the eyes with the black surrounds.

Are they the same shape as the real ones or a bit more generic shape?

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
« Reply #3310 on: October 14, 2020, 09:08:20 PM »
You guys buying from aliexpress or something?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3311 on: October 15, 2020, 02:06:43 AM »
You guys buying from aliexpress or something?

They are on ebay as well, which I have seen (and NOT about to buy), but I heard they are actually being sold in other places too, even some shops in Asian countries but don't know how true this is.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3312 on: October 15, 2020, 02:26:39 AM »
Seen on Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress and some shops in Asia (even core ones) have been selling them. Fake Baker, Element, Crail decks and Independent trucks (139, 144, 149) in Hollow and Hollow Forged.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Damoforce

« Reply #3313 on: October 15, 2020, 02:54:23 AM »
I bought mine from a skate / surf shop here in Aus ( Online )

Here's an image of them

image upload
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3314 on: October 15, 2020, 02:58:18 AM »
Seen on Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress and some shops in Asia (even core ones) have been selling them. Fake Baker, Element, Crail decks and Independent trucks (139, 144, 149) in Hollow and Hollow Forged.

Off the topic of wheels, but the funniest thing I have seen is a set of the fake Indy trucks that have USA on the bottom, just like the old USA made ones, even though now the legit ones are all made in China and have blank bottoms.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3315 on: October 15, 2020, 03:04:41 AM »

They are the normal legit Spitfire Formula Four wheels, from that graphic at least.  I know they feel grippier than Bones wheels so they might take some getting used to.  There are very few remaining in Australia, but there are still enough if you know where to look, or check shops that are not usually selling online, but I haven't seen any fakes actually in Australia yet in all my travels.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 09:28:04 PM by Mbrimson88 »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3316 on: October 15, 2020, 10:47:20 AM »
Expand Quote

Here's an image of them

image upload
[close]

They are the normal legit Spitfire Formula Four wheels, from that graphic at least.  I know they feel grippier than Bones wheels so they might take some getting used to.  There are very few remaining in Australia, but there are still enough if you know where to look, or check shops that are not usually selling online, but I haven't seen any fakes actually in Australia yet in all my travels.

Doubt it will make it's way to Australia but I know shops in Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines selling fake Spitfires and Bones bearings.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Damoforce

« Reply #3317 on: October 15, 2020, 04:19:24 PM »
Expand Quote

Here's an image of them

image upload
[close]

It's not just that they are grippier. Well, they are 101a compared to my 99a bones. But they tend to get a tacky feeling after riding or sliding not 100% smooth ground. Idk. I prob wouldn't buy another pair after this. I like the shape but will try else where.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3318 on: October 18, 2020, 09:38:14 PM »

It's not just that they are grippier. Well, they are 101a compared to my 99a bones. But they tend to get a tacky feeling after riding or sliding not 100% smooth ground. Idk. I prob wouldn't buy another pair after this. I like the shape but will try else where.

Between different brands, some which have a higher duro will feel softer or more grippy than other brands with lower duro, or different compounds will behave differently on surfaces too.

You are most likely more used to Bones wheels, so when you changed, they probably feel more weird than anything else.  Both are top brands, both have substantial followings and many people are very much for one OR the other, with a minority liking both equally.

I prefer Spitfire wheels for almost everything, even though I have Bones and Powell wheels, Ojs, Slimeballs, Speedlab, and quite a few other brands in both hard, medium and soft.

There is no right or wrong answer as to which wheels are best, even though personal opinion is very divided, and always will be.

What is interesting is people having to try other brands, if they cannot get Bones or Spitfire with the current shortages, especially in Australia right now.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3319 on: October 19, 2020, 05:08:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Here's an image of them

image upload
[close]

[close]

Let them break in, I’ve tried conical full, classic and radial slim F4’s and conical full slide like no other after breaking them in.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3320 on: October 20, 2020, 05:27:50 AM »
It seems f4 97d is coming but in classic shape

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #3321 on: October 20, 2020, 07:28:41 AM »
Anyone try out Dial tone conical shape in 99a? Was thinking of trying some 52mm but not sure how I’ll feel switching from F4

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3322 on: October 20, 2020, 07:35:58 AM »
Anyone try out Dial tone conical shape in 99a? Was thinking of trying some 52mm but not sure how I’ll feel switching from F4
buy loopholes instead!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #3323 on: October 20, 2020, 07:44:21 AM »

Any idea when they are coming?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #3324 on: October 20, 2020, 08:47:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

soon according to their story
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Damoforce

« Reply #3325 on: October 20, 2020, 05:16:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Here's an image of them

image upload
[close]

[close]

[close]
Let them break in, I’ve tried conical full, classic and radial slim F4’s and conical full slide like no other after breaking them in.

2 months still sticky as a mofo. They get lines in them when trying to powerslide any ground that's not smooth af. They good on smooth af concrete as they grippy for a 101a. If anyone wants a wheel with more slide don't get these.

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3326 on: October 20, 2020, 07:45:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
soon according to their story

Dam those would sell like hotcakes in my country, roads here's are just crazy rough

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3327 on: October 20, 2020, 09:10:50 PM »
Re 97 duro Formula Four Spitfires

Probably not soon enough for most people, but I think it would be worth the wait.

I still have a few normal sets of 97 and 95 duro Spitfires and they are definitely good for those new slippery or paint / graf covered parks.

They go ok on rougher surfaces too, but the 92 and 90 duro are best for those I find.

Each to their own though.

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #3328 on: October 21, 2020, 01:31:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Here's an image of them

image upload
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

2 months still sticky as a mofo. They get lines in them when trying to powerslide any ground that's not smooth af. They good on smooth af concrete as they grippy for a 101a. If anyone wants a wheel with more slide don't get these.

Not tryna say you're wrong, but 101a F4s are easily one of the iciest wheels I've ridden. Not fully sure what you mean with the lines, but that sounds like a red flag as well.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:03:08 AM by YungJugg »

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3329 on: October 21, 2020, 08:45:49 PM »
There is no skate scene in GTA our local shop is a mall zumiez

F4 running 70cad right now (55 US around)

They do have a shit load of acid wheels. Anyone have experiences with them?
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick