Author Topic: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ  (Read 171769 times)

hayduke lives

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
Re: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ
« Reply #600 on: October 28, 2022, 10:16:16 AM »
schadenfreude i know, but i love this. although torn between being compassionate of someone else's mental struggles and thinking he deserves everything bad that comes his way, i'm leaning heavily toward the latter. i guess extreme narcissism is not a very sympathetic disorder. his projecting of "clout chaser" to these kids is too funny!

veritas

« Reply #601 on: October 28, 2022, 10:28:34 AM »
Really slimy and low of him trying to smear these kids as racists once they distanced themselves from his dumpster fire of a company. If they were so racist, why were they riding for you in the first place? He's on a Kanye meltdown trajectory

Gotta disagree here, Kanye has incredible talent. Mikey has none and doesn’t even skate, it’s not like he’s some old pro starting a board company after his prime. He’s basically the Lou Pearlman of skateboarding, collecting a squad of young boys and exploiting / extorting them for profit.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #602 on: October 28, 2022, 10:38:07 AM »
Really slimy and low of him trying to smear these kids as racists once they distanced themselves from his dumpster fire of a company. If they were so racist, why were they riding for you in the first place? He's on a Kanye meltdown trajectory

soon he’ll be blaming the jews (me) for his inevitable downfall

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #603 on: October 28, 2022, 10:39:29 AM »

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1411
« Reply #604 on: October 28, 2022, 10:44:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gotta disagree here, Kanye has incredible talent. Mikey has none and doesn’t even skate, it’s not like he’s some old pro starting a board company after his prime. He’s basically the Lou Pearlman of skateboarding, collecting a squad of young boys and exploiting / extorting them for profit.

I agree on the talent front, i was more referring to the insane impulse to post through crisis

IpathCats

« Reply #605 on: October 28, 2022, 10:59:17 AM »
Are we supposed to have compassion for "mental health issues" that are just the result of them willingly, consciously, being shitty egotistical people?

Like yea, you had a mental breakdown because everyone turned on you for doing some dumbass shit and your ego made you double/triple/quadruple down.

Sorry?

He clearly needs to have an ego death, those usually look like mental breakdowns from the outside.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #606 on: October 28, 2022, 11:07:47 AM »
Are we supposed to have compassion for "mental health issues" that are just the result of them willingly, consciously, being shitty egotistical people?

Like yea, you had a mental breakdown because everyone turned on you for doing some dumbass shit and your ego made you double/triple/quadruple down.

Sorry?

He clearly needs to have an ego death, those usually look like mental breakdowns from the outside.
I don’t know the right way to say it but some narcissists/sociopaths practically cultivate bad mental health so they can milk it for sympathy. Or use it as a cover for shitty behavior.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #607 on: October 28, 2022, 11:09:01 AM »

Sorry?

Nope. Falling back to mental health issues in an attempt to deflect criticism is scummy and not a good excuse. These accusations of racism are also extremely dangerous for the kids he is accusing, since there are always people who will quickly accept accusations without questioning it or without proof.

Of course, death threats or wishes of self harm is never okay which personally I haven't seen anyone send to Mikey (then again there are literally thousands of comments on the IC page).

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #608 on: October 28, 2022, 11:20:19 AM »
He's the worst I'm so excited for IC to die I love seeing all the little kids talking shit on iC saying its done. Dumb ass fucking company. Prime clout chaser calling other Kids out for what he literally did to get to where he's at

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #609 on: October 28, 2022, 11:20:44 AM »

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1077
« Reply #610 on: October 28, 2022, 11:22:49 AM »
Expand Quote

Sorry?

[close]
I don’t know the right way to say it but some narcissists/sociopaths practically cultivate bad mental health so they can milk it for sympathy. Or use it as a cover for shitty behavior.

You also have to balance your sympathy for the unwell with the reality that millions of people are inducing their myriad mental illnesses by doing nothing but engaging with social media 24/7.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #611 on: October 28, 2022, 11:26:42 AM »
Imagine getting support from Tyshawn, Nak, Ishod, and other industry big names to support your company (even though they rode for other brands) and also having pretty promising talents such as Zach Sareceno and Alex Midler actually riding for your little kid drawing brand and still fucking that up. Wasn't a huge "Godspeed" fan but alot of hard work was put in for a company headed by a dude with zero vision or good ideas. Davonte Jolly is like Logan Lara and Mikey Alfred is Alex Olson if AO couldn't skate and was obsessed with Doritos instead of house music.

IpathCats

« Reply #612 on: October 28, 2022, 11:31:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sorry?

[close]
[close]

You also have to balance your sympathy for the unwell with the reality that millions of people are inducing their myriad mental illnesses by doing nothing but engaging with social media 24/7.

Winner winner.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #613 on: October 28, 2022, 11:32:24 AM »
Imagine getting support from Tyshawn, Nak, Ishod, and other industry big names to support your company (even though they rode for other brands) and also having pretty promising talents such as Zach Sareceno and Alex Midler actually riding for your little kid drawing brand and still fucking that up. Wasn't a huge "Godspeed" fan but alot of hard work was put in for a company headed by a dude with zero vision or good ideas. Davonte Jolly is like Logan Lara and Mikey Alfred is Alex Olson if AO couldn't skate and was obsessed with Doritos instead of house music.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

djoekr

• Rep: 313
« Reply #614 on: October 28, 2022, 11:33:41 AM »
Yikes… Mikey accusing the teens that were on IC of being racist after leaving the team. Seems like a stretch, at least with the “88” Bam kid. He’s Hispanic and Mikey even said his bday was 8/8

I heard that the kid claimed he has ss back tail on lock. After some research I found out SS stands for Schutzstaffel??! Confirmed full blown neonazi.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #615 on: October 28, 2022, 11:46:28 AM »
What a blatant display of toxic positivity. Get real Gary, you're just embarrassed to be involved with that fucking clown. Don't try to disguise protecting your ego as some sort of gesture of racial equity, you are so full of shit.

Do you know the context/status of their friendship currenty?
I haven't seen anything giving insight into the fallout with the OG crew.
There hasn't been any direct beef aside from the passive aggressive "no one wanted to promote it all good tho it's just business". The Mikey beef is with the new kids that quickly jumped ship (at least from what I've seen... I could def may have missed something tho?).

If they were close maybe it would be foul to jump in on the criticism publicly without chatting with Alfred beforehand.

Gary had a smile saying it so he could've been trolling with a cliche like that, and didn't want to just say "no comment" because he is Gary Rodgers and not some media-trained politician

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1077
« Reply #616 on: October 28, 2022, 11:47:06 AM »
If nothing else comes of this, I hope some people in skateboarding begin to understand that "[insert minority]-owned business" does not by its nature instill any particular virtue.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #617 on: October 28, 2022, 11:50:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Yikes… Mikey accusing the teens that were on IC of being racist after leaving the team. Seems like a stretch, at least with the “88” Bam kid. He’s Hispanic and Mikey even said his bday was 8/8

[close]

I heard that the kid claimed he has ss back tail on lock. After some research I found out SS stands for Schutzstaffel??! Confirmed full blown neonazi.

I wonder whose graphic was sanded off to produce that hellweek deck

This should all be settled by having Mikey Alfred play Jonah Hill in a game of skate…

IpathCats

« Reply #618 on: October 28, 2022, 12:08:02 PM »
Expand Quote
What a blatant display of toxic positivity. Get real Gary, you're just embarrassed to be involved with that fucking clown. Don't try to disguise protecting your ego as some sort of gesture of racial equity, you are so full of shit.

[close]
Do you know the context/status of their friendship currenty?
I haven't seen anything giving insight into the fallout with the OG crew.
There hasn't been any direct beef aside from the passive aggressive "no one wanted to promote it all good tho it's just business". The Mikey beef is with the new kids that quickly jumped ship (at least from what I've seen... I could def may have missed something tho?).

If they were close maybe it would be foul to jump in on the criticism publicly without chatting with Alfred beforehand.

Gary had a smile saying it so he could've been trolling with a cliche like that, and didn't want to just say "no comment" because he is Gary Rodgers and not some media-trained politician

No, I do not give a shit about Mr. Alfredos relationship status with Gary.

No relationship status makes feigning a stance on racial equity to swerve a topic the right move.

How long until Alfey reaches critical mass? Should we expect some grand display of rage at the premier? That would make a sick opener to that 8bam8 kids next part if he makes one.

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #619 on: October 28, 2022, 12:34:51 PM »

Yeah that take definitely seemed like a big reach.
In the screencap you can see in the bio that the lil dude is sponsored or affiliated with Section8 clothing.
The soundcloud rap/hardcore fusion demographic of kids love that brand. The name itself is alluding to low income housing.

I think he's basically just shouting them out in his handle like how ppl would put xX Xx, or underscores at the end of screennames.

[ Sidenote tinfoil hat passing thought: I did not know number 88 was some Nazi symbol. Whatever happened to 88 footwear?
Dumbass logo had eagle wings haha. Kinda sus??? 🤨

Monster Energy, baby.  They're either bootleg apple headphones or those headphones are fuckin trashh

Eh they're ok. Quality it good for listening to music and stuff (if you're not the hi-fi audio enthusiasts prolly), but the tiny directional mics on em aren't great and dust can easily start muffling audio. Then there's a latency from bluetooth to phone.Then phone is also doing noise reduction and the vids running at variable frame rates. On top the fact he's prob just using cellular data with tends to fluctuate. All the makings for

[/quote]
i could not make it more than a minute or so into that. holy shit! why do the interview if you can't even bother to point the phone at your face?
Ngl I thought moving the cam/looking away was proper etiquette for video calls from smartphones

« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 01:49:13 PM by lilyung »

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #620 on: October 28, 2022, 12:41:39 PM »
If Tyshawn was feeling real petty he could reach out to these kids that Mikey is trying to cancel and help get them a platform to tell their side of the story.

Get hungry on it!

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #621 on: October 28, 2022, 12:48:59 PM »
All I care about is where Zach Saraceno ends up.  Kid is the illest.

IpathCats

« Reply #622 on: October 28, 2022, 12:50:34 PM »

Would like to see more from him. My favorite from godspeed just because i wasnt expecting it.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • Free Max B
« Reply #623 on: October 28, 2022, 12:59:50 PM »
Can someone sum up in maybe like a paragraph why everyone turned on this dude? One minute he was doing Doritos commercials and turning that one jumpmanpeterpan guy pro, now nobody’s rocking with him.

I back it, dude was always whack. But what sparked all his homies and yesmen dipping?

Comparing him to Kanye is silly. That dude is really losing billions while trolling CEOs of established companies. Mikey Alvin is “jest dealing with the same whiteboy hate he’s been getting his whole life.” While being the whitest black dude since urkle.

Free max b

FREE MAX B

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #624 on: October 28, 2022, 01:24:03 PM »
I'm glad the 700K situation blew up and seemingly the whole industry is clowning him not just the dozens who post/lurk Slap
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #625 on: October 28, 2022, 01:57:21 PM »
We use soap on our cast irons every time we cook in them and then just heat them up to steam off all the water and add a thin layer of neutral oil and it’s fine. If you seasoned it fine the first time and you don’t let it sit in soapy water (or any water), it’ll be fine.

If you never use soap, you’re eventually just letting oil, butter, and juices sit and fester and go rancid on the pan. Seasoning on its own doesn’t make it anti-microbial or clean. It just stops stuff from sticking to it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 08:17:13 PM by oyolar »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #626 on: October 28, 2022, 02:15:24 PM »

He'll end up with TJ's brand. He was skating the graphic

3:37
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Dr Waffles

• Rep: 15
« Reply #627 on: October 28, 2022, 03:40:42 PM »
[ Sidenote tinfoil hat passing thought: I did not know number 88 was some Nazi symbol. Whatever happened to 88 footwear?
Dumbass logo had eagle wings haha. Kinda sus??? 🤨

H is the eighth letter. It's used to say heil whats his face sometimes.

Whens the video premier. I hope someone on here goes to it. Or that no one shows up at all.
In 5 years skateboarding will be dirtbiking

skrub

• Rep: -3
« Reply #628 on: October 28, 2022, 03:45:30 PM »
Mikey could speak in a way that sounded "professional" and he looked clean and weird, so he sucked up corporate endorsemets and intros from people who thought he was the next "it" guy, and turned it into something for a minute, but when you hear him on Nine Club or Jenkem, he talks more about his ambition and "working hard" than he does about anything he's passionate about. Which is like... there's just no "there" there. When he was talking in the same passionate way about Doritos as he was Mid-90s I was like "oh this guy is not a genuinely talented ego-maniac, he's a fucking kook" because he only had one schtick, the sincere up-and-comer. Instead of intellectualizing Dorito's design aesthetics like a fool he should have said "I like Doritos and they offered me a ton of money so here we are."

I don't see any evidence he can actually ride a skateboard, but if he'd gotten less, slower, I wonder if he could have been a good filmer. His child-like drawings are not any worse than Neckface, Gonz, or Ed, so the fact that I hate them is meaningless. There's nothing worse about the brand as a brand than any other shitty skate brand I dislike.

Because his brand was built entirely on bullshit, when it started to fall apart, there was no real Mikey to fall back on, so you just see increasing try-hard nonsense and now the descent into delusional thinking. But the reality is when the people who matter / with the money see that you're bullshit, they move on to the next flavor of the week.

To me the kookiest thing is giving kids pot. In real life you either tell the little kids to go inside while you get high, or you tell them to fuck off, or you turn off the camera. It would have been a much better shot if he'd looked at the joints and the kids and said "ok ok stop filming," but he's too much of a poser to understand that.

More importantly -- I think if you use clarified butter when you fry a steak in cast iron, you get great butter flavor but you can do it at high af heat since it won't smoke once the milk solids have been removed. I have lodge an la cruset pans and I back la cruset 100% but my lodge pan is bigger so for certain things like burgers, it has to be lodge. Dawn is OK as long as you oil it and dry it really well asap. 

Anyway if Mikey isn't shilling NFTs next month I'll be surprised.

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 128
« Reply #629 on: October 28, 2022, 04:10:30 PM »
These accusations are coming from Mikey, who thought that filming homeless people getting harassed and animal abuse was cool. Mikey calling IC a black-owned business and using that as a rhetoric to deflect criticism and to justify his actions is such a disrespect to black representation in the skate industry.

pretty much sums it up.

Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie