Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 363831 times)

Alman_A and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #2760 on: April 19, 2022, 05:32:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Yeah i don’t mind forged baseplates, I actually really like that “dry” snap they have. Forged indies are probably my fav trucks. I think I just wanna force myself to like ventures more than I actually do. I think they look so sick, definitely the most aesthetically pleasing truck, the team is sick, the merch is sick but then they just lack that little fun factor, almost too stable IMO. I’m going in a skate trip to Madrid in 3 weeks and I don’t wanna be annoyed with my trucks. Gonna give the ventures one more chance or I might just cave in and get some forged Indies again…
[close]

This is exactly how I feel. I love the look and the team and the merch, but I am absolutely forcing myself to like skating them more than I actually do I think. I probably skate my best on Indy but I just don’t want to skate Indy. I keep swapping between ace and venture because of this. The curse of gear madness I suppose. I’m probably would enjoy/progress more in skating if I just went back to Indy but I just don’t want to.

I feel this way. Tried ace loved classics then AF1 quality Control left  a bad taste in my mouth. I got hurt and when I got better I put some old thunders on and loved them. Flirted with venture and idk if I like them and don’t like the board I have them  on or maybe I’m a Thunder guy. Long story short. If you have old thunders give them a shot. It’s like the baby Indy and venture had.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 08:55:06 AM by Murge »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2761 on: April 19, 2022, 06:55:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah i don’t mind forged baseplates, I actually really like that “dry” snap they have. Forged indies are probably my fav trucks. I think I just wanna force myself to like ventures more than I actually do. I think they look so sick, definitely the most aesthetically pleasing truck, the team is sick, the merch is sick but then they just lack that little fun factor, almost too stable IMO. I’m going in a skate trip to Madrid in 3 weeks and I don’t wanna be annoyed with my trucks. Gonna give the ventures one more chance or I might just cave in and get some forged Indies again…
[close]

This is exactly how I feel. I love the look and the team and the merch, but I am absolutely forcing myself to like skating them more than I actually do I think. I probably skate my best on Indy but I just don’t want to skate Indy. I keep swapping between ace and venture because of this. The curse of gear madness I suppose. I’m probably would enjoy/progress more in skating if I just went back to Indy but I just don’t want to.
[close]

**virtual hug**

You guys have room for one more.

I had a soft spot for Ventures skating them a lot growing up and did generally like them for a short period of time when I would ride them. Then a bushing would crumble or I would get a longer deck and they would just feel a bit dead. Also even when they were heavier cast variants they never had the same snap/suck up that a heavy Indy has they were just a chore. Frankensteining hollows and cast got annoying.

Indy lack that wow but for a good reason. I can buy them and adjust them once and they’re dependable and feel great on the range of decks I skate. They’re not “cool”, but I can get the turn of the two close enough and at this age skating my best is the most important simply because I’m not that great.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #2762 on: April 19, 2022, 07:53:39 AM »
I’ll chime in to mention that it’s important for me to skate something that gets me hyped. I’m old, behind on life stuff, tired…I need an extra gust to get me out and into the struggle some days. Sometimes the hype comes from a vibe, and not the best ‘performance’.
That being said, I like Ventures, quite a bit. I need to grab some more 5.8s, I love to just ride around and ollie with those.
Venture for sure have some things they don’t do as well, for me the initial grind is a lot more difficult. I also suck at grinds, so when I say that, I should say ‘the initial frontside 50/50 on a small ledge at a skatepark, that doesn’t even count because frontside 50/50+skatepark+slow, is more difficult’. I also don’t try and skate bowls, and I could see how an ace/indy would be an advantage vs a thunder/venture in transitions.
If I skated better with Indy’s I’d fuck with em, I always end up wanting something a little different when I ride them. I like them, I’ll buy them again in the future, but …
Shoutout to J….for the ‘best thing about riding them is the long sleeve’.
There is an old pick of Keenan doing a trick in I think SF, and the board graphic is Venture and it’s too sick.

How some of you all are speaking on Indy, I basically feel about Nike: I can just grab my size in one of their shoes and know it’ll work. Probably fit the best, probably last the longest. Sometimes I do that. But I’ll keep trying to replace them/find something different.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2763 on: April 19, 2022, 08:35:04 AM »
I’ll chime in to mention that it’s important for me to skate something that gets me hyped. I’m old, behind on life stuff, tired…I need an extra gust to get me out and into the struggle some days. Sometimes the hype comes from a vibe, and not the best ‘performance’.
That being said, I like Ventures, quite a bit. I need to grab some more 5.8s, I love to just ride around and ollie with those.
Venture for sure have some things they don’t do as well, for me the initial grind is a lot more difficult. I also suck at grinds, so when I say that, I should say ‘the initial frontside 50/50 on a small ledge at a skatepark, that doesn’t even count because frontside 50/50+skatepark+slow, is more difficult’. I also don’t try and skate bowls, and I could see how an ace/indy would be an advantage vs a thunder/venture in transitions.
If I skated better with Indy’s I’d fuck with em, I always end up wanting something a little different when I ride them. I like them, I’ll buy them again in the future, but …
There is an old pick of Keenan doing a trick in I think SF, and the board graphic is Venture and it’s too sick.

How some of you all are speaking on Indy, I basically feel about Nike: I can just grab my size in one of their shoes and know it’ll work. Probably fit the best, probably last the longest. Sometimes I do that. But I’ll keep trying to replace them/find something different.

Yeah man, I feel you on that. But trying new stuff is also part of the fun isn’t it? Can’t keep it too boring, it’s cool to experiment with stuff…

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2764 on: April 19, 2022, 12:31:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah man, I feel you on that. But trying new stuff is also part of the fun isn’t it? Can’t keep it too boring, it’s cool to experiment with stuff…

I agree trying new stuff is part of the fun. I think I get more hyped on skating stuff if a skater I like is skating it. Like I started skating ventures because of Carl aikens and Erik Herrera and also Bobby worrest. Same thing with ace. Seeing deedz and Kevin Rodrigues on ace made me want to try them out. I guess Indy still has some sick dudes though like Justin Henry and sick rizzo, heitor seems to be skating Indy’s mostly too so maybe I just need to swallow my pride

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2765 on: April 19, 2022, 12:57:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I agree trying new stuff is part of the fun. I think I get more hyped on skating stuff if a skater I like is skating it. Like I started skating ventures because of Carl aikens and Erik Herrera and also Bobby worrest. Same thing with ace. Seeing deedz and Kevin Rodrigues on ace made me want to try them out. I guess Indy still has some sick dudes though like Justin Henry and sick rizzo, heitor seems to be skating Indy’s mostly too so maybe I just need to swallow my pride

I’m all about trying different stuff. I’m riding a setup that was a total whim, and way outside of the boundaries of what I’d normally ride, now it’s my main. I’m trying to hold off on trying a more extreme version.

I’m very comfortable admitting that I’m easily/cruelly influenced by skaters, both pros and locals.

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #2766 on: April 19, 2022, 04:15:57 PM »
What bushing set up is everyone running for tighter trucks on their Ventures?

Currently, I am using Thunder 100D and they going well.
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2767 on: April 19, 2022, 07:13:15 PM »
What bushing set up is everyone running for tighter trucks on their Ventures?

Currently, I am using Thunder 100D and they going well.

Mine are stock and going fine on the couple of sets I have, but others I know who do ride tighter trucks go between Indy yellow bushings, Bones hard bushings and the same ones you have, the Thunder rebuild kits in all black.

I think one guy in particular has tried almost every different harder bushing on the market but keeps coming back to those three at different times.

It is funny though cause all of them when worn in and passed on to me from those guys don't really feel that hard, but that is just me.  I guess it is more the fact that they are very stable with those bushings, even when not done up very tight so they can still lean over a fair way but not so loosey goosey as stock bushings or other softer ones when not done up much / kingpin nut just on.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #2768 on: April 19, 2022, 07:14:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I feel this way. Tried ace loved classics then AF1 quality Control left  a bad taste in my mouth. I got hurt and when I got better I put some old thunders on and loved them. Flirted with venture and idk if I like them and don’t like the board I have them  on or maybe I’m a Thunder guy. Long story short. If you have old thunders give them a shot. It’s like the baby Indy and venture had.

Similar experience, but idk the small differences in trucks irks me; I first had ace, and those were nice but the pop was sometimes shit and etc. Went to thunder and those were really good in all aspects except the hanger being so thin and trim; i didnt like the grind. im on venture now and the grind is much better, almost like indy, but the turn is kinda ass so i had to fuck with bushings.

maybe indy IS the truck i need but it will the last truck i try. For me thunders are viable for literally everything but with ledges i have a hard time in the streets. I think i will stick to thunders now but just keep a brick of wax on me LMAO

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2769 on: April 19, 2022, 10:53:21 PM »
But what about the long sleeve?  Can you name any photo of someone wearing that stupid heart grenade thing?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2770 on: April 19, 2022, 10:58:41 PM »
But what about the long sleeve?  Can you name any photo of someone wearing that stupid heart grenade thing?

So true

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #2771 on: April 19, 2022, 11:03:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Similar experience, but idk the small differences in trucks irks me; I first had ace, and those were nice but the pop was sometimes shit and etc. Went to thunder and those were really good in all aspects except the hanger being so thin and trim; i didnt like the grind. im on venture now and the grind is much better, almost like indy, but the turn is kinda ass so i had to fuck with bushings.

maybe indy IS the truck i need but it will the last truck i try. For me thunders are viable for literally everything but with ledges i have a hard time in the streets. I think i will stick to thunders now but just keep a brick of wax on me LMAO

The new Royals are the best all rounder truck IMO

Similar to Indy's but more stable on center.... With Thunder/Venture pop

Check out the new Royals thread

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2772 on: April 19, 2022, 11:52:54 PM »
So I come to report that I gave my Ventures a chance again yesterday and holy shit, I was really feeling them! Before I started the sesh I loosen them half a spin, which puts them at like the last thread of nyloc holding the kingpin nut, and almost too wobbly for what I’m used too… but damn, it’s like they flourished. I actually felt consistent and altho it’s not the deepest turning radius they didn’t felt as laggy when turning and I didn’t think they where hindering my skating in any way. One of the best sessions I had in recent times.

What my rig looks like:

5.6 V-hollows with bones meds and flat washers, loosened to the max, 3 speed rings on the inner side of each wheel. 52 mm wheels on a 8.25deck

I already had tabs open for new trucks but I think I’m gonna stick with them for a bit longer. Am I awakened?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2773 on: April 20, 2022, 12:09:03 AM »
welcome back
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #2774 on: April 20, 2022, 04:00:00 AM »
Help please! Bought some standard venture high 5.8s recently after only skating indy for 20 years....i want to love the ventures, but i just cant seem to get them to turn close to my indys. They have the stock purple clearish bushings in them so not sure how hard those are...i have the kingpin nut as loose as you can get it without falling off. Probably had about 10 sessions on the ventures and still kot turning good. Should i wait it out? What bushings do you recommend to get them a deeper turn? I saw some people saying the deluxe supercush bushings are good in ventures but wasnt sure if i should go with the 91 or 88 duro on those....does anyone run bones soft bushings in there? Ive never used aftermarket bushings in trucks and normally just ran the standard orange bushings in indys and they turned really good for me. Let me know what yall think. Would greatly appreciate any info !

Reporting back after the bushing change...so i ended up going with the bones soft bushings. I set them up with a new board and wheels last night and got my first sesh with the bones bushings and i must say im a big fan now. Im fairly light at 135 lbs so the softs turn really well for me. I would say it might be the closest feeling turn i have gotten to new indys which is the type of turn i was going for. I was skating a slappy curb and using my old setup at first with the indys, and once i swapped to the venture set up my lock in was on point with the ventures and those things were going on the chunky curbs. Glad i took everyone's recommendation on the bones bushings and gave them another try. Definitely will be sticking with the ventures for the foreseeable future and look forward to getting them full broke in. If your an indy rider and want to switch to venture but are skeptical, try the bones bushings with them! Game changer

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2775 on: April 20, 2022, 07:45:06 AM »
So I come to report that I gave my Ventures a chance again yesterday and holy shit, I was really feeling them! Before I started the sesh I loosen them half a spin, which puts them at like the last thread of nyloc holding the kingpin nut, and almost too wobbly for what I’m used too… but damn, it’s like they flourished. I actually felt consistent and altho it’s not the deepest turning radius they didn’t felt as laggy when turning and I didn’t think they where hindering my skating in any way. One of the best sessions I had in recent times.

What my rig looks like:

5.6 V-hollows with bones meds and flat washers, loosened to the max, 3 speed rings on the inner side of each wheel. 52 mm wheels on a 8.25deck

I already had tabs open for new trucks but I think I’m gonna stick with them for a bit longer. Am I awakened?

I predict you don’t stick with it. The nut being that high will eventually bite hard on grinds and the pop feel is still the pop feel. That’s an FA deck it looks like which has a short WB so it’s likely OK, but I never loved the Venture pop feel. Can’t change the grind if you care about that sorta thing and the lack of stability on center to try and duplicate the more consistent Indy turning will eventually get tiresome depending on how you setup for tricks. They’re always a slower turning more laggy Indy, which is totally fine if you don’t like certain aspects of Indy’s.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2776 on: April 20, 2022, 08:09:53 AM »

The heart thing looks fucking bad. Like early 2000s mall shit. But the kinda old English font that just says Thunder don’t look bad. Ventures branding is probably the best out of truck branding.

maggot cunt

« Reply #2777 on: April 20, 2022, 08:15:20 AM »

What my rig looks like:

you gotta be under a buck fifty

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2778 on: April 20, 2022, 10:14:05 AM »
I run something similar but skate standard BBS stuff ie. Alltimers/Isle…..I just don’t like Indy’s because they are so damn heavy….the mids insulted my intelligence….if the weight doesn’t bother you….it’s pretty much an idiot proof truck….

This set up is the alternative to the hollow/tih thunder teams for me which I didn’t like the wheelbite, and the clearance.  Oh…and the stupid logo….

If I was gonna skate another truck it would be the Ace low….

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2779 on: April 20, 2022, 10:42:29 AM »
Expand Quote

What my rig looks like:

[close]

Please crazy glue/Loctite that nut, it's giving me anxiety for your safety...How much do you weight tho? You might be better suited with bones soft bottoms, hard tops...get that nut a bit more secure.

I predict you don’t stick with it. The nut being that high will eventually bite hard on grinds and the pop feel is still the pop feel. That’s an FA deck it looks like which has a short WB so it’s likely OK, but I never loved the Venture pop feel. Can’t change the grind if you care about that sorta thing and the lack of stability on center to try and duplicate the more consistent Indy turning will eventually get tiresome depending on how you setup for tricks. They’re always a slower turning more laggy Indy, which is totally fine if you don’t like certain aspects of Indy’s.

Speaking the truth here. I learned my lesson with Ventures (and thunders): They are what they are and you can't make them skate like Indy, just ride indys at that point ;) but you can push them both (all) to the limits of what they are capable of in terms of turn with bushings. People will hate, but stock Thunder and Venture (same factory go figure ;) are pretty weak compared to other truck offerings and changing them up get them both feeling frisky.

Highly recommend ACE Low bushings in Venture/flat washers top and bottom.

Thunders were trickier but a venom bottom/riptide top combo really change how they feel without detracting anything.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 10:53:32 AM by Xen »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2780 on: April 20, 2022, 10:59:12 AM »
Expand Quote

What my rig looks like:

[close]

Well, if there’s a thing that wasn’t happening yesterday was bitting doing smiths and feebles. Actually I’ve been kinda sucking at front smiths on ledges lately and yesterday was like they just clicked. Also got my feebles down the A-frame rail back again after not doing it for a long ass time. Both felt good and easy… Slides, I know I’ll be fine if I land those kinda 45degree backtails and still carve my way out of it and not tic-tac… one of the main reasons I want trucks that have a responsive turn!
On the pop feel topic, it’s maybe my fav thing about ventures. They might extend the wheelbase but they are also lower and I think that compensates it. It’s not like I was struggling with flips in general and 360 flips actually feel nice. I just think my set up feels crispy/snappy and I like that a lot! And the turn now feels pretty manageable, I think I can deal with it for a bit longer at least. Gotta make my money worth!  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2781 on: April 20, 2022, 11:12:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

[close]

Please crazy glue/Loctite that nut, it's giving me anxiety for your safety...How much do you weight tho? You might be better suited with bones soft bottoms, hard tops...get that nut a bit more secure.

Expand Quote

[close]

Speaking the truth here. I learned my lesson with Ventures (and thunders): They are what they are and you can't make them skate like Indy, just ride indys at that point ;) but you can push them both (all) to the limits of what they are capable of in terms of turn with bushings. People will hate, but stock Thunder and Venture (same factory go figure ;) are pretty weak compared to other truck offerings and changing them up get them both feeling frisky.

Highly recommend ACE Low bushings in Venture/flat washers top and bottom.

Thunders were trickier but a venom bottom/riptide top combo really change how they feel without detracting anything.

I’m a light dude, 64kg, 140pounds (just checked ahah). I don’t wanna buy bones softs cause I heard they blow out really fast and those bushings aren’t particularly cheap to keep changing it all the time. If it starts feeling too sketchy I might just shave the top bushing a lil bit… or I just embrace it, living on the edge is radical I guess  8)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2782 on: April 20, 2022, 12:17:40 PM »
Not to fuck with your mind too much, but after comparing lots of setups your setup with modded ventures is the same WB and board pop angle as a more standard WB and Indy’s. Not that that will be better, but tuck that away for later just in case. Trucks look super new so you could hit axle on em before it would matter.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2783 on: April 20, 2022, 12:51:38 PM »
I don’t fuck with the blue soft bushings, not only do they blowout quick, in my experience the turn is also mushy. For comparison, I weigh 170 ish.
Like others have mentioned, I wouldn’t recommend the nut that loose, but you are experienced, you’ll find what works for you. I’m sure someone else has mentioned it, but you could shave the bushings down (I used to rub them back and forth on the griptape), or tighten them down further, skate for a bit in the the over tightened position, and then loosen em back up. All of this would be in the name of getting the kingpin nut totally on there.
Seeing that you like a truck this loose, I mean shit, fuck indy go straight to ace. If it’s all about the turn, then those are the ones. I used to shit on af-1s, but they turn great, and if you like shit this loose, their soft ass pivot cups won’t likely bother you.
This is the venture thread tho, and from my experience, I can get ventures to turn in away that works well for how I skate. And the pop, which is my number one piece of truck criteria, is the shit, so good. Compared to some other trucks, ace in particular, the venture turn is lacking. What I found is that it didn’t hamper my actual skateboarding, riding ventures. Less wiggling, more landing. The bottom barrel bushing is certainly stiff, I had my 5.8s so loose on their maiden voyage that I dropped the hanger. Sucked.
Be safe fam!

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2784 on: April 20, 2022, 12:59:32 PM »
You can get low profile nuts off the internet I think @PuffinMuffin has them

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2785 on: April 20, 2022, 01:26:13 PM »
I don’t fuck with the blue soft bushings, not only do they blowout quick, in my experience the turn is also mushy. For comparison, I weigh 170 ish.
Like others have mentioned, I wouldn’t recommend the nut that loose, but you are experienced, you’ll find what works for you. I’m sure someone else has mentioned it, but you could shave the bushings down (I used to rub them back and forth on the griptape), or tighten them down further, skate for a bit in the the over tightened position, and then loosen em back up. All of this would be in the name of getting the kingpin nut totally on there.
Seeing that you like a truck this loose, I mean shit, fuck indy go straight to ace. If it’s all about the turn, then those are the ones. I used to shit on af-1s, but they turn great, and if you like shit this loose, their soft ass pivot cups won’t likely bother you.
This is the venture thread tho, and from my experience, I can get ventures to turn in away that works well for how I skate. And the pop, which is my number one piece of truck criteria, is the shit, so good. Compared to some other trucks, ace in particular, the venture turn is lacking. What I found is that it didn’t hamper my actual skateboarding, riding ventures. Less wiggling, more landing. The bottom barrel bushing is certainly stiff, I had my 5.8s so loose on their maiden voyage that I dropped the hanger. Sucked.
Be safe fam!

I have ace 77s on my big cruiser board… I like them, they’re fun, but I feel like Aces are just heavy as fuck (I mean 44’s or 55’s), that’s why I’m bummed they prioritised releasing Low trucks over the long waited regular hollows. (I still don’t get the need of an Ace low tbh). I don’t even ride regular Indy’s, shits like an anvil, I need my some forged hollows for my weak ass legs.
I think I ride my trucks somewhat medium, and not as loose as you think. At least I have friends that ride much looser and rattly. But to get close to that indy medium feeling I need to loose the shit out of my ventures, that’s why the nut is so loose. As I said I might just shave the top bushing so y’all can sleep peacefully  ;D

@LebowskisRug low profile nuts would be a good idea too! Like big shorty’s lights for kingpins…

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2786 on: April 20, 2022, 03:15:35 PM »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2787 on: April 20, 2022, 04:39:15 PM »
@Sk.A.T.A.N
using these in my 6.1s
they are 2mm shorter than regular kingpin nuts iirc
i can wiggle my trucks by hand with the nuts flush

https://www.acerracing.com/products/3-8-24-titanium-skateboard-truck-kingpin-nuts-2-pieces?variant=14347926896675&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic

I've brought this up a few times before, the nylock in these is shit (especially if you tweak your truck tightness often; this also applies to the axle nuts.), it's hard plastic and you have less of it and it will wear out. Additionally, I had two (plus one axle nut) where the nylock pushed out and needed to be replaced (which they did), very similar to what happens with Lurpivs.

Major injury incurred due to one of these falling off (still paying for it physically). YMMV.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2788 on: April 20, 2022, 05:55:05 PM »

I've brought this up a few times before, the nylock in these is shit (especially if you tweak your truck tightness often; this also applies to the axle nuts.), it's hard plastic and you have less of it and it will wear out. Additionally, I had two (plus one axle nut) where the nylock pushed out and needed to be replaced (which they did), very similar to what happens with Lurpivs.

Major injury incurred due to one of these falling off (still paying for it physically). YMMV.
nylock has been a slight issue for me if they aren trying flush
bringing my skate tool everywhere just incase
any way to replace nylock? or is it just loctite

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2789 on: April 21, 2022, 07:24:35 PM »
Blue loctite or just Teflon tape on the kingpin can shore it up for minor adjustments