Author Topic: Your preferred Slip ons?  (Read 5413 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Your preferred Slip ons?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2020, 05:07:54 AM »
I'm a Wino G6 Slip man myself, can only skate the vans slips if the are the OG's with the shitty insole they glue down taken out and have a drop insole in.. mind you it has to be a thin one because of the midsole in the classics.

But also keen to see these come out

oh wow excited for those. pour in g6 from the last Reynolds model and spanky g6
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 01:27:39 PM by jay_nev »

IpathCats

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2020, 05:16:18 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm a Wino G6 Slip man myself, can only skate the vans slips if the are the OG's with the shitty insole they glue down taken out and have a drop insole in.. mind you it has to be a thin one because of the midsole in the classics.

[close]
oh wow excited for those. pour in g6 from the last Reynolds model

What!? Those are sick. Might have to try a half size down because those things did not fit well in my size. Maybe the cup will help?

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2020, 05:43:42 AM »
I love vans pro skip-ons, but two issues

Being vegetarian, I get the canvas, which stretches out almost a half size after wearing in, but at the beginning a half-size smaller might be too tight with regular socks.

The heel cup. Same heel cup as on a standard-slip on, which is perfect for me, but the thick ultracush insoles makes your heel ride high and puts it out of place, until you wear them in and pack the insole down a bit.

Also have some consolidated slip-ons in waiting, which seem sturdier, but no cushioning around the ankle bone. Curious about those.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2020, 06:47:41 AM »
I’ve only done Vans pro and State keys. To me, Vans pros were WAY better, keys felt too thin on the soles for me. Keys also wore out super quickly.
I picked up 4 pairs for $13 each. I sold my soul to zumiez that day.

IpathCats

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2020, 07:52:33 AM »
Expand Quote
I’ve only done Vans pro and State keys. To me, Vans pros were WAY better, keys felt too thin on the soles for me. Keys also wore out super quickly.
[close]
I picked up 4 pairs for $13 each. I sold my soul to zumiez that day.

And they sold their soles to you...... Ha.....ha....ha....

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2020, 12:05:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans slip on pros are unbearable I have no idea how anyone who wears socks can even get their foot inside them and not feel like they're instantly suffocating. Wino G6 slip ons were a decent shoe but they fell apart pretty quickly and they use their older basic vulc outsole so the tread went bald after just a couple weeks. Lakai Owen VLKs are the best slip on, imo. It's like a vulc cup hybrid, they feel comfortable right from the start and the outsole lasts a long time.
[close]
The bottom sole is now being changed to the Desert Grip tread which is on the The Dickson, Pillar, Figgy Dose, etc. Will be released SP2 and should last longer.
[close]

Hypothetically any chance of adding the flick shield from the Dickson to the wino slip?

Also not trying to kiss ass but I’m stoked on what emerica is doing winos are great. Tried the veer cup cause I needed a cup cause I’m old and I’m back skating my dicksons and winos. So no complaints I just think it would be tight. Or the Americana cup on a wino slip.

Not as of right now. Flick Shield is slowly getting put onto more models and for the slip we've been putting a rubber ollie guard on select colorways.

Stoked to hear you're liking what we're doing. As someone posted in here, we have the slip on coming out on the pour-in G6 midsole which seems to be the favorite cupsole option we have.

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2020, 12:31:55 PM »
Loving the look of the wino slip Cup!

When are they out?

Been chilling in some
Spanky g6 and they’re amongst the comfiest shoes I’ve worn!

Also how’s the sizing on the cons and the winos? I’m a half size down in vans slip ons compared to regular vans and I’ve worn the classic vans slip ons a full
Size down before.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2020, 12:51:32 PM »
Cons one star slips, the flick on them is so good. On my 5th pair now. You can always find them pretty cheap too.

This. I've skated a few other brands in the past and it feels like Cons have better stock insoles and a thicker sole overall.

SlapTM

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2020, 01:08:55 PM »
Loving the look of the wino slip Cup!

When are they out?

Been chilling in some
Spanky g6 and they’re amongst the comfiest shoes I’ve worn!

Also how’s the sizing on the cons and the winos? I’m a half size down in vans slip ons compared to regular vans and I’ve worn the classic vans slip ons a full
Size down before.
That Spanky slip-on cup colorway will be out in April. Glad you like the Spanky G6 and I'm sure you will be stoked on the slip then. For me personally, the Wino slips are true to size. People tend to either go true to size or a half size down. Hope that helps!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 386
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2020, 01:14:47 PM »
I’m so stoked for those Wino cupsoles.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2020, 04:28:32 PM »

Is this real?! If this is true I think it’s the only shoe I’ll have to buy.

Edit. Turned to page 2 and my questions was answered. So stoked.

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2020, 06:00:12 PM »
Vans slip on pros with ultracush insoles, popcush sucks. Like someone mentioned earlier, way too tall.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2020, 07:41:24 PM »
Has anyone skates the Adidas 3mc slip? Asking for a friend...
The chillest1

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2020, 08:41:39 PM »
I love vans pro skip-ons, but two issues

Being vegetarian, I get the canvas, which stretches out almost a half size after wearing in, but at the beginning a half-size smaller might be too tight with regular socks.

The heel cup. Same heel cup as on a standard-slip on, which is perfect for me, but the thick ultracush insoles makes your heel ride high and puts it out of place, until you wear them in and pack the insole down a bit.

Also have some consolidated slip-ons in waiting, which seem sturdier, but no cushioning around the ankle bone. Curious about those.
Riley 2s are the goods!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2020, 10:11:08 PM »
Wino G6 slip ons were by far my favorite out of the box, but after a couple weeks the soles lost all their tread and the shoes stretched out so much they felt almost a full size bigger than when I first got them.

Vans slip ons in canvas (not pros) actually last me the longest. Obviously have to shoe goo and can't put in other insoles but they don't stretch out too bad at all and I still have a beat up pair in my car I skate in from time to time. Still perfect for hitting curbs.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2020, 05:13:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans slip on pros are unbearable I have no idea how anyone who wears socks can even get their foot inside them and not feel like they're instantly suffocating. Wino G6 slip ons were a decent shoe but they fell apart pretty quickly and they use their older basic vulc outsole so the tread went bald after just a couple weeks. Lakai Owen VLKs are the best slip on, imo. It's like a vulc cup hybrid, they feel comfortable right from the start and the outsole lasts a long time.
[close]
The bottom sole is now being changed to the Desert Grip tread which is on the The Dickson, Pillar, Figgy Dose, etc. Will be released SP2 and should last longer.
[close]

Hypothetically any chance of adding the flick shield from the Dickson to the wino slip?

Also not trying to kiss ass but I’m stoked on what emerica is doing winos are great. Tried the veer cup cause I needed a cup cause I’m old and I’m back skating my dicksons and winos. So no complaints I just think it would be tight. Or the Americana cup on a wino slip.
[close]

Not as of right now. Flick Shield is slowly getting put onto more models and for the slip we've been putting a rubber ollie guard on select colorways.

Stoked to hear you're liking what we're doing. As someone posted in here, we have the slip on coming out on the pour-in G6 midsole which seems to be the favorite cupsole option we have.

Would like to raise my hand to vote against rubber underlays under the suede/leather/canvas. I haven't had the Emerica ones specifically, but it's been a negative for the fit when I've tried it on other brands. Rubber doesn't stretch out the same way that leather/suede/canvas does, so you can't expect the shoes to stretch in a predictable way to fit your foot. The extra durability is good in theory, but if you buy shoes that are a little bit snug and expect them to stretch out, you're out of luck. And it feels weird and constricting. Vans Chima 2 was especially bad for this - felt like skating in rubber boots.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2020, 06:03:08 AM »
Would love to try Spanky shoe or Wino G6, sadly Emerica distribution down here sucks balls.
Impossible to find anything </3
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

clintendo

• Rep: 25
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2020, 06:12:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

My bad if the Slip Cup wasn’t common knowledge yet EmericaTM, but I knew people would be down for them.

Now is it possible to get them in black/white plz

Oh and how soon will the new grip be on the Vulc slips, ya boi is wearing through soles pretty quick, especially foot stopping/dragging from filming

P.S I also need to hit you up about an editing question DM or insta work best?

Love ya work 💙

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2020, 11:07:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

My bad if the Slip Cup wasn’t common knowledge yet EmericaTM, but I knew people would be down for them.

Oh and how soon will the new grip be on the Vulc slips, ya boi is wearing through soles pretty quick, especially foot stopping/dragging from filming

Love ya work &#128153;
Yes black shoe/white sole  pleeeeaaase

Also stoked you spilled the beans because I’m beyond stoked.

maxi-pad

• Rep: 23
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2020, 11:21:05 AM »
Has anyone skates the Adidas 3mc slip? Asking for a friend...

Wearing em right now! Went a half size up cuz they run a little slim for my wide feet. Broke in really quick and they’re probably the best slip I’ve skated. Doesn’t hurt that I got em for $20 at the adidas outlet haha

SlapTM

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2020, 12:30:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Love ya work &#128153;
No worries! I'm really happy to hear how many people are stoked on them. I know there has been quite some demand for a cupsole slip-on and I'm glad we are doing it with one of the best soles. A black colorway is in the works and will be out a season or two after the Spanky colorway drops.

Desert Grip tread on the vulc slips will be Spring 21 so early 2021. I totally feel you on the soles wearing down from filming as I have had the same issue which was the reason I brought up switching the triangle tread to the desert grip tread. Just want to make the best slip-on we can that is made to be as durable and long lasting as possible.

For any questions, you can DM me on here or IG. I am on IG more often so I can reply quicker there. @timcisilino if you don't have it already. Feel free to hit me up anytime. Thank you for the kind words I truly appreciate it!

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2020, 01:33:16 PM »
Vans classics for chillers, no way i would seriously skate any slip ons, would sprain my ankles in no time. Popcush tall heel fucking sucks and state keys are crazy narrow.

Edit. Wish they made classics in suede, so they would maybe last longer than one summer.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 01:41:09 PM by imuseless »

Diocletian

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2020, 08:27:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Would like to raise my hand to vote against rubber underlays under the suede/leather/canvas. I haven't had the Emerica ones specifically, but it's been a negative for the fit when I've tried it on other brands. Rubber doesn't stretch out the same way that leather/suede/canvas does, so you can't expect the shoes to stretch in a predictable way to fit your foot. The extra durability is good in theory, but if you buy shoes that are a little bit snug and expect them to stretch out, you're out of luck. And it feels weird and constricting. Vans Chima 2 was especially bad for this - felt like skating in rubber boots.

This is an excellent point. Probably a lot to do with why I can't do the vans "pro classic" of any kind. Especially after they slimmed down the last of the shoe which constricts the toe area even more.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2020, 08:11:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This is an excellent point. Probably a lot to do with why I can't do the vans "pro classic" of any kind. Especially after they slimmed down the last of the shoe which constricts the toe area even more.

Are y’all talking about toe caps? I’ve never noticed the flick shield making my shoe to form to my foot but they fit me pretty TTS so that may be why I haven’t noticed? I don’t skate shoes with toe caps but I could see that being weird

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2020, 05:31:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Are y’all talking about toe caps? I’ve never noticed the flick shield making my shoe to form to my foot but they fit me pretty TTS so that may be why I haven’t noticed? I don’t skate shoes with toe caps but I could see that being weird

Not exactly. I don't care for exterior toecaps either, but we're talking about rubber underlays underneath the suede/leather/canvas. Like Emerica Flick Shield, or Vans Duracap. Doesn't look gross like exterior toecaps, but it has the same effect in terms of fit/shape. If the shoe doesn't fit perfectly right out of the box, it isn't really going to stretch or form to your foot. Normally when a shoe is a little snug out of the box, you can just walk around in it for a few days and break it in; but you can't do that with all that rubber under there because the rubber doesn't stretch the way leather or canvas does.

2pushSetUp

• Rep: 4
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2020, 08:45:06 AM »
I’ve been skating the vans pros for a while and love them but always swap out the insoles with ones from the classics

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2020, 09:16:32 AM »
I prefer the Emerica Wino Slips over the Vans Slip on pro's. the vans ones tend to eat at my achilles which kinda sucks, had to retire them because it was too much personally. Emerica ones break in super easy and fit nice. I'm on pair #6 or 7 right now

Anybody know how the Lakai Owens do?

Diocletian

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2020, 10:13:16 AM »
I prefer the Emerica Wino Slips over the Vans Slip on pro's. the vans ones tend to eat at my achilles which kinda sucks, had to retire them because it was too much personally. Emerica ones break in super easy and fit nice. I'm on pair #6 or 7 right now

Anybody know how the Lakai Owens do?

Owens are the best slip on in the market, imo.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
  • Get bent
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2020, 10:42:32 AM »
I got the new Shane’s it’s basically a slip on with some decorative laces, I really dig them, I kinda wanna grab a pair of the janoski slips too but I’m scared to pull the trigger, I don’t know how they would fit, at least the Shane’s I can kinda blow them out so they aren’t as tight, but the janoski slips look thin and pointy, and hard to get on and off, I’ll prolly grab a pair though if they do another cream suede color way
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Gasstationgarry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2020, 03:08:00 PM »
winos have the most superior shape for flick imo, that's always been the most important thing for me
blob:https://imgur.com/99a29482-a4b4-4bd4-935b-d63d9db0e647