Author Topic: Chris Cole off DC  (Read 19309 times)

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
Re: Chris Cole off DC
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2017, 03:32:31 PM »
Some shoe company will pick him up. When Tony Hawk is done Tony Hawking Chris Cole is planning to start Tony Hawking if you know what I mean.
Bagel Bites?
you never know about pre-cum 

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2017, 04:48:59 PM »

1970kids is some industry guy. Seems to be upset with Chris and Rob D parting ways with DC. It's probably as simple as not being able to afford him.

Frink of course is defending his corporate overlords until the very end. Don't get me wrong, all the skater owned shoe co.s have made some mis-steps, but he doesn't wanna believe that Nike/Adidas/Cons are just buying the business. Biggest hypocrisy in all of the skate industry.

Can we please add Frink to the list?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2017, 05:33:57 PM »
God Brink probably never even uses his candles at home because he just constantly wants to smell his own farts 24/7

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2017, 06:31:51 PM »
well brink happens to know the full story

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »
God Brink probably never even uses his candles at home because he just constantly wants to smell his own farts 24/7
Brink's farts all smell naturally like vanilla bean and midsummer nights

wikileaks

• Rep: -34
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2017, 11:43:55 AM »
I don't like being a hater on this guy because he's so fucking awesome, but I lost a lot of respect when started selling out so much. He said 'fuck you' to Zero and Fallen when DC and Plan B came knocking. He started Omit apparel and then said 'fuck you' to his OWN project company and went to DC Apparel. And then taking cheques to wear stupid ass Monster wristbands and shit. Chris Cole is so fucking lame.

ahahah fuck you to Zero and Fallen?! Jamie Thomas ran Black Box into the ground and Cole did the smart thing and got out before things got even worse. When Cole left Fallen for DC he became part owner of Zero or did you not know that? He didnt say fuck you to OMIT either. if you havent started your own company yourself than you wouldnt know how much work it is and time and money. He learned that the hard way and had to shut it down. He has a wife and two kids. if you were in his position you would take what you can get to provide for your wife and kids so that they can be alright and you can continue doing what you love. Kooks like you who dont know the industry or what its like to pay bills and have to provide for yourself or even others are why theres so much wackness out there. in the end who fucking cares as long as everybody is getting money and eating its all good.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2017, 12:26:01 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't like being a hater on this guy because he's so fucking awesome, but I lost a lot of respect when started selling out so much. He said 'fuck you' to Zero and Fallen when DC and Plan B came knocking. He started Omit apparel and then said 'fuck you' to his OWN project company and went to DC Apparel. And then taking cheques to wear stupid ass Monster wristbands and shit. Chris Cole is so fucking lame.
[close]

ahahah fuck you to Zero and Fallen?! Jamie Thomas ran Black Box into the ground and Cole did the smart thing and got out before things got even worse. When Cole left Fallen for DC he became part owner of Zero or did you not know that? He didnt say fuck you to OMIT either. if you havent started your own company yourself than you wouldnt know how much work it is and time and money. He learned that the hard way and had to shut it down. He has a wife and two kids. if you were in his position you would take what you can get to provide for your wife and kids so that they can be alright and you can continue doing what you love. Kooks like you who dont know the industry or what its like to pay bills and have to provide for yourself or even others are why theres so much wackness out there. in the end who fucking cares as long as everybody is getting money and eating its all good.

this fucking guy knows the whole story!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2017, 01:03:19 PM »
Mikey Taylor and Berra also commented on 1970kids' Insta post. You know a company is blowing it when they let Steve Berra go!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2017, 01:35:27 PM »
If Berra picked up a new shoe sponsor I would stop believing in everything and assume I died a long, long time ago.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2017, 11:39:13 AM »
If Berra picked up a new shoe sponsor I would stop believing in everything and assume I died a long, long time ago.

Yeah that DC situation really made me question everything I hold dear. I actually like Berra's skating too but I highly doubt he got on the team with the same type of contract as the likes of Cole and Mikey I.e - ones that stipulate demo attendance, video parts, ads- things that involve actually skating.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.