Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798861 times)

DERBY and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #2280 on: August 25, 2020, 01:46:45 PM »
coat the mesh in superglue

Mantracker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #2281 on: August 25, 2020, 03:36:41 PM »
For that situation I would put electrical tape on the inside of the shoe. I did that for the aves

I second this. That or Gorilla tape. Shit works wonders and gorilla tape will hold up to water and moisture if you get a good flat application the first time and really press it in.

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2282 on: August 25, 2020, 06:33:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wheat/black 1010’s?

[close]

YUP and hi top 440s, both coming beginning of 2021. don't have pics cause i accidentally deleted the catalogue :/
[close]

I’m in. Reminds of the 2 or 3 pairs of the wheat/black 533’s I had skated.
[close]
How did you like the 533’s? Always wanted them but was always too afraid to pull the trigger due to not knowing that sizing
[close]

Perfect. It was the only NB shoe I skated for like 2 years, that and the 533 V2. Yeah, the sizing was a little off for sure. Especially in the early black box days.

The 533 had it all. Good grips, good right out the box and a nice toe shape. Too bad discontinued, but PJ still must have a stash of them and still skated them.

Agreed it's a bummer on the lack of 533s.  They were the closest to the perfect shoe.  No heel drop, great grip, good flick and PJ is the absolute goat.  Hopefully with the PJ resurgence NB will continue it or make a v3. 

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
« Reply #2283 on: August 25, 2020, 06:44:15 PM »
440 high looks really good!

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2284 on: August 25, 2020, 07:29:07 PM »
i can’t see

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2285 on: August 26, 2020, 06:51:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i can’t see

Me either

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2286 on: August 26, 2020, 07:00:57 AM »
good come sausage

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #2287 on: August 27, 2020, 03:02:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone have a review of the 1010s yet?
[close]

So far i've skated about 10 hours in mine. I got the black pair.

Fit/Finish - In my experience they were almost exactly true to size, The laces tighten up very nicely without pinching. As someone else mentioned I had zero frayed strings or anything that looked like poor quality control.

Comfort - The most comfortable skate shoe I have worn personally, I generally skate cupsoles also but usually more simple styles like the 533, 440, or Busenitz. I have had zero foot pain since skating these.

Flick - Excellent, they will not have the same type of flick as a vans shoe or something with the rubber going up high on the shoe. It is extremely consistent though. I'd compare it to the 440 or spanky g6.

Durability - I'll have to add pictures when I can but I constantly do fliptricks and they're holding up really well, The sole is holding up very nicely as well the rubber seems very durable.
[close]

I love mine too. The mesh that's nearest to my kickflip area is becoming obliterated but I'd rather have the breathability  than a less skated-looking shoe. I've worn through the stitching there too, but that's bound to happen with any shoe you really enjoy skating.
[close]

Yeah, I'm lucky, the way that I flick I don't hit the mesh at all even with impossibles. Agreed on the breathability
[close]

Here's a picture for reference. It's actually pretty bad, there's nothing extra under the mesh so I probably should try and glue it or something. I'm still super happy with the shoes, and will get another pair when those new colorways come out, I just have to figure something out for the mesh *thinking emoji*.
I have the same issues everytime there is mesh on the sides and collar of the shoe. The way I heelflip/varial heel blows that mesh super quick. Rothdigga, are there some 440 colorways scheduled with suede/leather or that balistic nylon/mesh you used to put on the old Logan 636? that balistic material was amazing
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 03:29:22 AM by Turtle Boy »

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #2288 on: August 27, 2020, 10:36:21 AM »
Mesh toecap for the 1010's has been fine for me and how I flick my tricks but heelflips were obliterating the collar. Not gonna lie I had to shoe goo it after the first 2 sessions to keep it intact but ever since it's been fine. Still really enjoying skating the shoe and seems it will hold up well everywhere else

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2289 on: August 27, 2020, 02:32:20 PM »
Mesh toecap for the 1010's has been fine for me and how I flick my tricks but heelflips were obliterating the collar. Not gonna lie I had to shoe goo it after the first 2 sessions to keep it intact but ever since it's been fine. Still really enjoying skating the shoe and seems it will hold up well everywhere else

The mesh on the collar of my pair has ripped from walking to the gas station a few times

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2290 on: August 27, 2020, 05:49:32 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2291 on: August 27, 2020, 05:55:54 PM »
seems like it's going to be 1010s and 440 his from here on out for me.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2292 on: August 27, 2020, 06:01:44 PM »
440 HIs look dope can't wait
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #2293 on: August 27, 2020, 06:10:37 PM »
440 hi's are going to be a huge success. Very smart move from NB.

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #2294 on: August 27, 2020, 06:52:00 PM »
440 hi will be an automatic buy.

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2295 on: August 27, 2020, 09:18:57 PM »
I’m also stoked on those 440 highs. It’s like a dream shoe. But, is anyone else a little irritated about the mesh? I hope there are some that are just leather or leather and suede. Even the Crockett highs have this and it’s lame. Still. Totally down to try them.

juniormint

• Rep: 142
« Reply #2296 on: August 27, 2020, 10:16:29 PM »
Also have mesh problems here. Having skated numerous pairs of 440s my only gripe with them is the collar, which after a couple of sessions needs serious reinforcement to stay intact if heel flipping at all. Other than that I find them nearly ideal. Looking forward to the highs - they look good, however, it would be great if there was an alternative to the mesh.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2297 on: August 27, 2020, 11:48:24 PM »
That’s the colorway I always wanted for the blazer kids

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #2298 on: August 28, 2020, 01:51:29 AM »
Damn those 440 His are so close to my vision of the perfect shoe. Props to Jeff Mikut or whoever was in charge of doing it a mid, it's not always easy to design a mid from a low.
I just need an all leather/all suede colorway.

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2299 on: August 28, 2020, 02:07:19 AM »
So i had my first session in my new 306s this Wednesday, and they will be going on ebay. Gutted because the quality of the shoe is fantastic. Seriously impressed with New Balance. The sizing is just so off for my feet, which are quite flat and wide in the toe box. Pinky toes are happy, but my foot just slides from side to side inside the shoe. Its almost like my foot isn't of a sufficient girth to fill the shoe, and so the laces don't lock it down. Maybe a fatter toungue would have helped. I tried an extra insole, but then my heel started slipping. Will defo consider New Balance again though, just need to find the right vulc.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2300 on: August 28, 2020, 03:08:17 AM »
So i had my first session in my new 306s this Wednesday, and they will be going on ebay. Gutted because the quality of the shoe is fantastic. Seriously impressed with New Balance. The sizing is just so off for my feet, which are quite flat and wide in the toe box. Pinky toes are happy, but my foot just slides from side to side inside the shoe. Its almost like my foot isn't of a sufficient girth to fill the shoe, and so the laces don't lock it down. Maybe a fatter toungue would have helped. I tried an extra insole, but then my heel started slipping. Will defo consider New Balance again though, just need to find the right vulc.
Damn, that bums me out. Sorry dude. I never thought I had a fat foot but maybe I do?

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2301 on: August 28, 2020, 04:12:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Damn, that bums me out. Sorry dude. I never thought I had a fat foot but maybe I do?
Ha Ha, no offence meant dude, no foot shaming here....at least you didn't write "cool story bro!"

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2302 on: August 28, 2020, 07:01:43 AM »
255 is what you're looking for. Trust me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2303 on: August 28, 2020, 07:41:37 AM »
Did anyone's Tiago's come with extra laces? Mine didn't but every other pair of NB I've bought did. Did they stop doing it?

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1272
« Reply #2304 on: August 28, 2020, 08:43:25 AM »
looking at those tiagos or brown out foys

im pretty true to size on most kicks

anyone recommend one or the other?

never had nbs before

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #2305 on: August 28, 2020, 08:48:39 AM »
Did anyone's Tiago's come with extra laces? Mine didn't but every other pair of NB I've bought did. Did they stop doing it?

I'm so glad you asked, mine didn't either! Which is a bummer cos I got the black pair and white laces would make them look pretty sick.

Weekend96

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2306 on: August 28, 2020, 09:00:28 AM »
I just got my first pair of 440s. I love how they fit and skate but for whatever reason they absolutely KILL my feet. I have plantar fasciitis and i thought the cupsole of the 440 would help but it almost seems to make it worse. Does anyone else have this problem? Im thinking about getting some custom insoles to see if it would help.

Its a huge bummer because i cant really afford to buy new skate shoes right now and my old ones (Lakai Protos) are completely blown out.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #2307 on: August 28, 2020, 09:05:18 AM »
I just got my first pair of 440s. I love how they fit and skate but for whatever reason they absolutely KILL my feet. I have plantar fasciitis and i thought the cupsole of the 440 would help but it almost seems to make it worse. Does anyone else have this problem? Im thinking about getting some custom insoles to see if it would help.

Its a huge bummer because i cant really afford to buy new skate shoes right now and my old ones (Lakai Protos) are completely blown out.
try an insole with a slight bit of arch support and a cupped heel. this should align you ankle/arch better to avoid being flattened out by the flat insole/ortholite and provide more support. a brand called sole is a good one for making a thin but supportive insole.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #2308 on: August 28, 2020, 09:33:21 AM »

Not a shoe purchase obviously but I wanted to contribute some of my love for NB. I just picked up this^ pullover windbreaker on eBay for $30. It's gonna look sick with some gray cords or jeans and my 533s and 598s

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2309 on: August 28, 2020, 09:37:05 AM »
good come sausage