Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 800967 times)

rothdigga, Coping Grinder and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8010 on: December 12, 2023, 12:56:57 PM »
Has anyone tried the 574 Vulc? The toe box looks hella wide, but how wide is the rest of the shoe? Specifically the mid foot and the heel area? Any annoying inside seams?

Haven’t tried them but I can tell just by looking at this pic that they’re super narrow everywhere but the toe box;

They’re supposed to offer wide versions of the 574, 272 and 440 next year, but I’ll still be looking for pics like the one above beforehand, before trusting that they’re actually wider across and not just roomier above.  If any NB heads in here can offer any more info it would be much appreciated.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8011 on: December 12, 2023, 01:13:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Well, great timing, I know he's like public enemy #1 right now, but I got a pair of the Tom Knox NB and I really like them.
They're pretty slim, lightweight and flexible but still have a cup sole.
Pretty tough so far too, I've only got 3 sessions on them but you can't tell they've been skated at all, and I'm pretty fuckin' hard on shoes.
[close]

Why is he public enemy no 1?   Bc his part underwhelmed some vocal people?
Maybe because GH being a total dick about it? Idk. Love Tom since Blueprint days.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Banned from the room

« Reply #8012 on: December 12, 2023, 07:09:31 PM »
808s Still skating strong. I'm going to wear out the soul before I wear out the upper. That's the way all shoes should be.

NB is 100% #1 shoe manufacturer. My ankles doing better than it has since I rolled it in a pair of DD\\\pro. The WORST skate shoe ever designed.
I could make a better shoe out an old catchers mitt and a pair of slides.

Followed by the GT Green and Gum with the suck ankle.

Followed by the Reynolds G6.

Bunch of trashbagah shoes

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 23
« Reply #8013 on: December 12, 2023, 07:27:19 PM »
808s Still skating strong. I'm going to wear out the soul before I wear out the upper. That's the way all shoes should be.

NB is 100% #1 shoe manufacturer. My ankles doing better than it has since I rolled it in a pair of DD\\\pro. The WORST skate shoe ever designed.

What’s the DD///Pro?

Banned from the room

« Reply #8014 on: December 12, 2023, 07:33:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What’s the DD///Pro?

Denis Buz Adidas (///) pro my b

pops

• Rep: 256
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8015 on: December 12, 2023, 09:18:27 PM »
Copped my first pair of 808s, should arrive at the end of this week. Stoked and scared to try those tanks, haha. But Im already used to slightly beefier shoes (Joslin,  Ksl, DC cups).

marcusbutler

• Rep: 42
« Reply #8016 on: December 12, 2023, 11:07:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sort of review.
     I've been on the 440's for about 4 pairs. Just got a pair of the 480's. Immediate difference is the stiffness. The 440's are broken in right out of the box.
     The 480's after a week are still stiff. So stiff that I can't wear a certain sock while skating them. It's a thinner polyester blend sock. No matter how tight I tie my shoe, my heel slips out. But If I wear some thicker cotton socks. I get some slip out but it's tolerable.
    The flick on the 480 is similar to the 440. Maybe even better. I started skating a new pair of 480's on a used board with jessup grip. Flick feels like skating a new board and new shoes. I could care less about the board feel. If the flick feels like a vulc shoe. Count me in.
    Which the board feel isn't terrible in the 480's. I can still feel the edge of the board on tre flips and heel flips. But it is subtle.
     If NB can make some 480's and 440's in "normal" colorways(suede black upper/white sole) they've got my $100 every time.
[close]

Excellent mini review, super helpful to know on the stiffness. In the same vein, can anyone who’s skated the 480 and the 1010 weigh in on any significant differences in boardfeel, flick, and grip? Curious how the 480 stacks up against some of the beefier cupsoles in the lineup.
[close]
Beefyness award goes, for sure, to 808 then 480 and then 1010 imo.

So the 1010 has more board feel than the 808's? I've been eyeing the 808's. Specifically the black pair with the clear bottom. I wish NB would just keep some normal colorways in stock please and thank you.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8017 on: December 12, 2023, 11:35:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sort of review.
     I've been on the 440's for about 4 pairs. Just got a pair of the 480's. Immediate difference is the stiffness. The 440's are broken in right out of the box.
     The 480's after a week are still stiff. So stiff that I can't wear a certain sock while skating them. It's a thinner polyester blend sock. No matter how tight I tie my shoe, my heel slips out. But If I wear some thicker cotton socks. I get some slip out but it's tolerable.
    The flick on the 480 is similar to the 440. Maybe even better. I started skating a new pair of 480's on a used board with jessup grip. Flick feels like skating a new board and new shoes. I could care less about the board feel. If the flick feels like a vulc shoe. Count me in.
    Which the board feel isn't terrible in the 480's. I can still feel the edge of the board on tre flips and heel flips. But it is subtle.
     If NB can make some 480's and 440's in "normal" colorways(suede black upper/white sole) they've got my $100 every time.
[close]

Excellent mini review, super helpful to know on the stiffness. In the same vein, can anyone who’s skated the 480 and the 1010 weigh in on any significant differences in boardfeel, flick, and grip? Curious how the 480 stacks up against some of the beefier cupsoles in the lineup.
[close]
Beefyness award goes, for sure, to 808 then 480 and then 1010 imo.
[close]

So the 1010 has more board feel than the 808's? I've been eyeing the 808's. Specifically the black pair with the clear bottom. I wish NB would just keep some normal colorways in stock please and thank you.
For me 1010 were like 808 lights is you want. Then 480 took that title.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Banned from the room

« Reply #8018 on: December 13, 2023, 01:08:59 AM »
I think I'm going 1010 after I finish the second pair of 808s.
Im a little worried of losing this impact protection also the flick with a new show selection

The flick is forever in this shoe. I don't I don't wanna give it up

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #8019 on: December 13, 2023, 06:08:49 AM »
Do we have any product shots of upcoming 480 high colorways? Digging the white/red and excited to see what else is coming up.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #8020 on: December 13, 2023, 06:35:34 AM »

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #8021 on: December 13, 2023, 07:01:51 AM »
I think I'm going 1010 after I finish the second pair of 808s.
Im a little worried of losing this impact protection also the flick with a new show selection

The flick is forever in this shoe. I don't I don't wanna give it up

808 does have the edge in flick, but 1010 is the better shoe ( in my opinion). It’s the most comfortable skate shoe I’ve ever had. You don’t lose much protection from the 808, maybe a lil less in the front foot but I wouldn’t say it’s thin in the front. Goated shoe in my opinion.

mindfuzz

• Rep: 37
« Reply #8022 on: December 13, 2023, 07:38:33 AM »
Some images of the new 440: https://www.boardsportsource.com/new-balance-ss24-skate-footwear-preview/

"For S124, our big story is going to be an update to our team favorite NM440. We’ve gone back to the team and asked them what they love about the 440 and also what problems or issues they’ve had while wearing it. Based on their feedback we’ve updated the 440 to have a slightly taller toe cap, which moves the stitching out of the high wear areas, we’ve added tack down stitches on the eyerow in the Ollie zone, adjusted the last to have the shoe sit flatter and also round out the toe. Internally we’ve updated the foam in the midsole heel wedge to a more modern Abzorb and also changed to an EVA lasting board. Those internal changes coupled with a new Ortholite insert make for a much more comfortable and supportive underfoot experience without adding too much bulk. Finishing off the new 440v2, we’ve updated the quarter logo branding to match some of the more modern lifestyle models that have grown in popularity over the last few seasons."

Very excited for these. Both colorways of the lows are great.

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #8023 on: December 13, 2023, 08:07:14 AM »
Kinetic has some new colorways available of the Franky’s, the 600 and 1010’s, but no photos.

photos are up there now, all new 600s and 1010s look solid, they even have the blue smurf Knox's up too, look sick in that CW: https://kineticskateboarding.com/collections/new-balance

also the 440v2 looks so much better now imo, that light green low is chef's kiss

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 31
  • we are the music makers
« Reply #8024 on: December 13, 2023, 08:13:09 AM »
Some new 1010's and 600's

« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 07:54:45 AM by Scarecrow Radio »

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #8025 on: December 13, 2023, 08:36:39 AM »
Kinetic has those 1010’s and the olive 600’s available rightnow.

The black 1010’s look super nice.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Yossi

• Rep: 20
« Reply #8026 on: December 13, 2023, 08:47:01 AM »
Wonder if the new 440s will have better heel-lock. I could crank the laces as tight as possible and still slide the shoe off easily.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8027 on: December 13, 2023, 08:51:39 AM »

Need those Smurfs
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

pops

• Rep: 256
« Reply #8028 on: December 13, 2023, 09:02:53 AM »
The updated 440 looks promising. Great colorways also. Stoked to try the 808s first though and curse while they brake in (if they ever will).  ;D

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #8029 on: December 13, 2023, 09:15:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Need those Smurfs

I get not overloading the line with gum options, but both those 600s would look better as gum I think (smurfs moreso)

Also, is there any footage of Knox wearing that original black colorway?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8030 on: December 13, 2023, 09:47:41 AM »

"For S124, our big story is going to be an update to our team favorite NM440. We’ve gone back to the team and asked them what they love about the 440 and also what problems or issues they’ve had while wearing it. Based on their feedback we’ve updated the 440 to have a slightly taller toe cap, which moves the stitching out of the high wear areas, we’ve added tack down stitches on the eyerow in the Ollie zone, adjusted the last to have the shoe sit flatter and also round out the toe. Internally we’ve updated the foam in the midsole heel wedge to a more modern Abzorb and also changed to an EVA lasting board. Those internal changes coupled with a new Ortholite insert make for a much more comfortable and supportive underfoot experience without adding too much bulk. Finishing off the new 440v2, we’ve updated the quarter logo branding to match some of the more modern lifestyle models that have grown in popularity over the last few seasons."

Very excited for these. Both colorways of the lows are great.
Fuck! Sounds like the forefoot won’t feel as thin as the OG ones. Man, I really don’t want to buy these, but I love the Big N and want to see how they feel. Already have four new pairs of 480s and two pairs of Forum 84s though.

Wish I was good enough to destroy shoes in a month. But winter and two days a week of light skating once it’s warm means shoes last me FOREVER 😖

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #8031 on: December 13, 2023, 12:14:12 PM »
Kinetic also has a White/Khaki 600

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Banned from the room

« Reply #8033 on: December 13, 2023, 01:09:05 PM »
I fuck with those 440 highs. Knox's too.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #8034 on: December 13, 2023, 01:42:27 PM »

Love this photo:

Legend has it that the only way to kill the D3 is to drive a wooden stake through its heart.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 02:08:00 PM by Puddy Smally »
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #8035 on: December 13, 2023, 03:55:32 PM »
Damn NB is really putting my wallet in a chokehold these days. All those new 600 colorways look so good, I can't even decide which one is my favorite. That 1010 in the white with black accents reminds me of the Poets collab and is one of the best 1010 colorways yet. And the 440v2 looks a lot better with the slightly smaller N than what we've seen before. I wonder if NB actually listened to our feedback in this thread and implemented that? Either way, I like it a lot more now.

Also curious to see what other 480 high colorways are coming down the line so I can decide if I want to drop the money on them now or later...

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8036 on: December 13, 2023, 04:29:11 PM »
Damn NB is really putting my wallet in a chokehold these days. All those new 600 colorways look so good, I can't even decide which one is my favorite. That 1010 in the white with black accents reminds me of the Poets collab and is one of the best 1010 colorways yet. And the 440v2 looks a lot better with the slightly smaller N than what we've seen before. I wonder if NB actually listened to our feedback in this thread and implemented that? Either way, I like it a lot more now.

Also curious to see what other 480 high colorways are coming down the line so I can decide if I want to drop the money on them now or later...
Hopefully they didn’t listen to us lol. We’re not to be trusted. Looks the same size to me 😬

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #8037 on: December 13, 2023, 09:15:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Hopefully they didn’t listen to us lol. We’re not to be trusted. Looks the same size to me 😬

ya looks the same to me too, went back and found this to not feel crazy though, n sits just above that little angled detail

Those 440 V2 are looking tiiight

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #8038 on: December 13, 2023, 10:57:47 PM »
i know the powers of the tiagos
but the 440 v2s look so buttery
might get a pair as chillers
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8039 on: December 13, 2023, 11:18:56 PM »
Liked the V2 CW but it makes me wonder why NB# never goes for "classic" CW when dropping new shoes. That being said I'd probably get the green ones because I want to be like Tyler Surrey
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.