Author Topic: some girl contest skater making a huge fuss over losing to a trans woman  (Read 60410 times)

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What I have learned is that I need to start injecting testosterone so I can get better at skating immediately
[close]

Thats why testo is considered dopping
[close]

Hell if it makes me doper at skateboarding I'm all for it

Why do you think Nyjila skated so bad in Olympics?! Dopping police.

Logic

• Rep: 35
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Slap is amazing.  Reverse snowflake-ism. Sounds like a dope trick tho.   

I am certain that if Nyjah transitions this would be a different conversation.  Hell, Nyjah competing in mens is already a problem because he’s a mutant.
[close]

this joke literally proves the point tho, Nyjah is objectively a good skater, so it's fair to assume in an all gender competition he would probably dominate, but not cause he's a cis man but cause he's just the better skater
[close]

You are aware that currently, the standards for which men and women are scored in skating is substantially different? If pros such as Nyjah became Nyjala and started competing in the women heats, you would either need to raise the maximum score for runs/tricks or be fine with the fact that she'd be getting constant 10s rendering it almost meaningless were more top male pros were to make such a transition too.
What's your solution to this exactly?

If the gender division were removed from comps, I fear that you would find it would discourage women from even entering.
[close]

You’re actually exactly wrong. Currently they are scored the same, and that caused a big controversy at the Olympics cuz the highest score in womens was like a 7 or something. It was probably the #1 topic of discussion regarding womens Olympic skating for weeks, so you must not know what you’re talking about at all.

That's far from being universal across the board, or are you suggesting that the Olympics is the authority on the subject after hosting skateboarding once?

waffle

• Rep: 126
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
To the person spamming that Twitter link: A Twitter post is about as far as you can get from, “recent research.” Posting it as such probably has the opposite effect of your intention.
[close]

Anyone with a cycle or taking estrogen can lactate even if they're not pregnant. There are a lot of hormone-mimicking drugs, one of them being domperidone, which is commonly prescribed for nausea and has lactation as a side effect. It's not a "recent" discovery or a cutting-edge treatment; it's basic biology.
[close]

Really not trying to take a stand here on the topic of lactating, my point is posting a Twitter link with text or a post in a skateboard forum means nothing.

Recent research shows, “Evidence for use of domperidone to augment lactation is not compelling.”
https://bjgp.org/content/67/662/408

My point here is that if you just go around posting stuff as fact, and then get disproved later, people will ignore you/your argument in its entirety.

Again, not saying the lactating does or does not occur, I don’t care, just saying posting a Twitter link of a video does fuck all. Holds the sane validity as an Alex Jones video about humanoid pigs.
[close]

Wow, you pulled ONE study out of your asshole which says what you wish, congrats. I've literally been on the drug and lactated even though I wasn't preggo, and it's commonly known to induce lactation. But thank you mister internet man, I guess that wasn't milk coming out of my boobs. It was my stupid broad self drolling on my chest because I'm a woman and therefore in a perpetual state of hysteria. I need a man to explain to me how this didn't actually happen, thank you.

I totally don't care too, even though I just wrote all of this. So that makes two of us totally not caring, because we're both so cool and disaffected.
[close]

Maybe your experience is different and you’ve successfully lactated and breastfed kids. That’s great! Or maybe you haven’t. Either is fine.

I don’t care about *the drug* in question. My point is about posting Twitter links as research. The posted link just so happens to be about lactation. Twitter links to images with text is not research and will sway nobody. Someone reading the first result on Google scholar (the link I posted) will just dismiss you for the laziness. My point to the Twitter poster is that they should spend time citing more compelling evidence if their goal is to sway others.  Spamming an image in a Twitter post, regardless of the subject of that post, won’t do anything.

I have no idea what you’re on about in the second-half of your response, lol. I’ll say that it definitely doesn’t come off as well-measured emotionally. The study actually doesn’t deny the claim as you seem to think it does, and I’m making zero claims as to the efficacy of (or your response to) the drug. Medical stuff sucks in general, so I sincerely hope you’ve gotten the desired effect from your treatment with zero side-effects.

Not sure what’s going on with your last few sentences there.
[close]

so your point is only post relevant evidence and research when it backs your POV but not when it goes against yours, and if it's in favor of your argument then it's not ok to scrutinize it got it !

What’s my POV? I’ve taken no stance here. I think you’re just misrepresenting things on purpose so you can dismiss them. FWIW fair strategy for a skateboarding message board.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I am certain that if Nyjah transitions this would be a different conversation.  Hell, Nyjah competing in mens is already a problem because he’s a mutant.
[close]

this joke literally proves the point tho, Nyjah is objectively a good skater, so it's fair to assume in an all gender competition he would probably dominate, but not cause he's a cis man but cause he's just the better skater
[close]

You are aware that currently, the standards for which men and women are scored in skating is substantially different? If pros such as Nyjah became Nyjala and started competing in the women heats, you would either need to raise the maximum score for runs/tricks or be fine with the fact that she'd be getting constant 10s rendering it almost meaningless were more top male pros were to make such a transition too.

If the gender division were removed from comps, I fear that you would find it would discourage women from even entering.
[close]

You’re actually exactly wrong. Currently they are scored the same, and that caused a big controversy at the Olympics cuz the highest score in womens was like a 7 or something. It was probably the #1 topic of discussion regarding womens Olympic skating for weeks, so you must not know what you’re talking about at all.
[close]

That's far from being universal across the board, or are you suggesting that the Olympics is the authority on the subject after hosting skateboarding once?
Did you know that the female contestants at the Olympics asked for scoring to be on the same scale?

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s true for the Olympics, SLS, Dew Tour, X Games, Tampa…

Which contests did you have in mind when you said “You are aware that currently, the standards for which men and women are scored in skating is substantially different?”

diplodocus

• Rep: 159
  • long neck

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 67
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh what a POS

Reducing the potentially lifelong struggles of some people to become comfortable in their own skin to "putting on a dress" or "putting on a wig". I really can't fathom this type of ignorance.
The pant situation is out of control at this point

Christ Puncher

• Rep: 40
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Solution to what?

You're talking as if men transitioning to become high-level women pros is an issue that happens regularly enough that it needs addressing. It isn't.

Since the problem exists only in your mind, the solution can probably be found there as well.
I would skate a Najaf board if it was a nice shoe and my size.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Wait, weck is a complete and utter piece of shit?
But … but that seems so out of character for him

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1493
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
What I have learned is that I need to start injecting testosterone so I can get better at skating immediately
Beebs is putting out the best footage now that he is 100% testosterone.

Giftedly Hater’d

• Rep: 415

I’m sure this dude is a complete fuckface, but isn’t this the actual correct response? Don’t like how X runs their Y… make your own Y.  There’s the separate issue of what he’d likely use it as a soapbox for, but I mean, sure… go ahead.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s true for the Olympics, SLS, Dew Tour, X Games, Tampa…

Which contests did you have in mind when you said “You are aware that currently, the standards for which men and women are scored in skating is substantially different?”
I think they say the scoring is the same but it still ends up different. It's not a concrete set score per trick etc so what can you do. There was an sls last year momiji did a bigflip front board on a little rail and scored better than men's tricks of similar difficulty on the legit handrail. It is what it is. It's just kinda the vibe of the contest as time goes on and ryassa and yumeka etc do harder and harder tricks the scoring can get more streamline across both divisions

Logic

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Solution to what?

You're talking as if men transitioning to become high-level women pros is an issue that happens regularly enough that it needs addressing. It isn't.

Since the problem exists only in your mind, the solution can probably be found there as well.

It's called a hypothetical and it was related to the idea of having an all-gender heat rather than it being divided. Even granting that the scoring metrics is universal across the board, do you actually think mixing the mens and women would be an even playing field, are you that deluded?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m sure this dude is a complete fuckface, but isn’t this the actual correct response? Don’t like how X runs their Y… make your own Y.  There’s the separate issue of what he’d likely use it as a soapbox for, but I mean, sure… go ahead.

I don’t know what your response is supposed to mean. I posted that without any context. My real point was that that sounds lame as fuck.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

passtheish

• Rep: 6
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

no dumbass they're just proving the Point YOU MADE wrong, lmao why are you so dense

Giftedly Hater’d

• Rep: 415
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I don’t know what your response is supposed to mean. I posted that without any context. My real point was that that sounds lame as fuck.

Agreed on the lame as fuck. I guess my expectations for these folks are so low that I was pleasantly surprised when one of them at least talked about some course of action beyond antagonizing trans people or flaming redbull.  I’d prefer if they didn’t do any of it, obv, but something other than the usual Karen/victim stance seemed less-worse. That’s all.

what is wrong with you

• Rep: 10
holy shit weck is so fucking annoying

Christ Puncher

• Rep: 40
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Solution to what?

[close]

It's called a hypothetical and it was related to the idea of having an all-gender heat rather than it being divided. Even granting that the scoring metrics is universal across the board, do you actually think mixing the mens and women would be an even playing field, are you that deluded?

So you invented a scenario that has never happened and is incredibly unlikely to ever happen to make a point about... mixing mens and womens competitive skateboarding I guess?

I'm not even sure what you're getting at – that if you don't think Nyjah will start identifying as a woman to win women's events, you think mixing divisions – a scenario that no-one is really advocating – will result in an even playing field?

I would skate a Najaf board if it was a nice shoe and my size.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
So aside from the IG reel, does anyone have a link to this Karen’s ‘winning run’? Because if the reel was it holy shit that’s sad. She’s going to be really disappointed when she’s consistently getting smoked by biological women. What will she cry about then? I’m sure she’ll come up with something though, they always do.
So for the trans vs bio reasoning, where does Mar Del stand in this? She ripped way harder than a lot of male pros of the time with a better style too boot. It’s about what you put into it. If you can’t see that then enjoy the view from behind.
Get bitter or get better. Well said Chris.

Logic

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

no dumbass they're just proving the Point YOU MADE wrong, lmao why are you so dense

By pointing out one competition where it was explicit that the women would be judged the same as the men?
I didn't actually watch or follow the Olympics, but from what I was reading they asked to be judged the same, so is it fair to assume that they would have scaled the scoring differently otherwise then proving my original assumption?

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

you_are_all_cunts

• Rep: 10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
The transphobic person has gained 2000+ followers since this topic started. What an utter shit show this world has become.

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
how many of you went skating today?
just curious!

I did

I skated at a school with my son, it was fun and a nice time

PS down with transphobia, its lame and skateboarding doesn't need it

Magnolia

• Rep: 456
  • She/They
The transphobic person has gained 2000+ followers since this topic started. What an utter shit show this world has become.
The demand for duane peters boards has skyrocketed overnight
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

skunty

• Rep: 73
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

By pointing out one competition where it was explicit that the women would be judged the same as the men?
I didn't actually watch or follow the Olympics, but from what I was reading they asked to be judged the same, so is it fair to assume that they would have scaled the scoring differently otherwise then proving my original assumption?

Prettt sure all the comps leading to the Olympics (SLS, world championships, dew tour, etc) were all scored w the same scale for mens and wonens, so it’s not just Olympics, but I think it was new to the run up to the Olympics. And yes it was at the request of the women competing.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100

But has she gained sponsors?

diplodocus

• Rep: 159
  • long neck
we need a gifted hater video on this

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
we need a gifted hater video on this

He doesn't cover anything related to social/political/etc issues.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Excited to see what an absolute car crash this thread becomes within the hour.