Author Topic: Blondey McCoy of Palace  (Read 36843 times)

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
Re: Blondey McCoy of Palace
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2019, 08:25:54 PM »
full time scrub

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2019, 08:44:49 PM »
Do you think Skate’s real name sounds goofy or something? Tammy Lynn Blooger? Doreen Flarkenhammer?
It's Victoria Taylor.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2019, 12:16:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"i no longer represent Palace Skateboards" is a super weird way to put it.
[close]

Weird like being educated at a $50k a year school and pretending you're a chav named 'blondie'...
[close]

yep, rich kid that made his money from working class culture.
[close]

what does this even mean?

Working class is like when you wear Dickies and Carhartt and in reality have never worked doing manual labor.

But have you heard about being core?

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2019, 01:09:58 AM »
I dont know how, but i somewhat missed that he is that popuar. Reading the comments on instagram were crazy. Robbie Williams leaving Thake That and comparisons like that. holy moly LOL

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2019, 03:06:04 AM »
I don’t think Steezus Christ is his real name either

I also suspect a lot of rappers don't use their real names.  It would be rad if my mom named me, "Ghostface Killer" "Dr. Octagon" or "Silkk the Shocker" but I would be bummed if she named me, "Bow-Wow" or "L'il' anything.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 111
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2019, 03:07:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I also suspect a lot of rappers don't use their real names.  It would be rad if my mom named me, "Ghostface Killah" "Dr. Octagon" or "Silkk the Shocker" but I would be bummed if she named me, "Bow-Wow" or "L'il' anything.

Fixed
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2019, 03:08:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Weird like being educated at a $50k a year school and pretending you're a chav named 'blondie'...
[close]

[close]

[close]

Working class is like when you wear Dickies and Carhartt and in reality have never worked doing manual labor.

i've always found a little weird comparison between skaters who'll slate people for wearing skate shit and not skating yet wear work pants, overalls etc but have never been on site or done manual labor etc. or maybe im just reaching just seems kinda funny to me.

on the subject of blondie, was he considered pro for palace? i don't recall any pro board aside from some thames collab. regardless hes probably got something in the works as jumping ship from Palace is an odd move, thames boards? or maybe his influence in the hypebeast fashion edgelord world is bigger than we think and he's making a killing off tshirts and rings.

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2019, 04:18:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How many hours of construction work does it take to be core enough to wear?
[close]

[close]

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2019, 04:28:23 AM »
Just to clarify, In Britain the appropriation of working class is less fashion based and more affectations.

E.G gold teeth, many rings, the romanticising of comfort food cheap food and or drinking cups of tea, speaking to the man on the street, calling women love, knowing and using people’s first name an unconfortable amount, hinting at but never taking part in violence or petty crime.

Cutting about in a cardigan and a pair of gym shorts is his own try hard thing.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2019, 05:40:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i've always found a little weird comparison between skaters who'll slate people for wearing skate shit and not skating yet wear work pants, overalls etc but have never been on site or done manual labor etc. or maybe im just reaching just seems kinda funny to me.

on the subject of blondie, was he considered pro for palace? i don't recall any pro board aside from some thames collab. regardless hes probably got something in the works as jumping ship from Palace is an odd move, thames boards? or maybe his influence in the hypebeast fashion edgelord world is bigger than we think and he's making a killing off tshirts and rings.

What kind of grown man wears rings, aside from maybe a simple wedding band?

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2019, 05:49:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wear rings, whassup?

If he left Palace for skating purposes it's really weird. I don't really see his shit selling as a lot of it is still there when the sales arrive so I doubt a board company would float. He has a big following but they aren't skateboarders.

My guess he's just focused on modelling and art shit which makes me question: did he leave palace or did palace leave him?

sms_b

« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2019, 06:18:34 AM »
People give half a shit about blondey mcCoy?

Hasn't he been ensnared by that succubus Kate Moss?

Are rhetorical questions the new normal?

Ocelot

« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2019, 06:18:51 AM »
surprised blondey stayed in the palace game as long as he did

his whole tough geezer image had everyone fooled until it was revealed that he was blue blood and had a millionaire dad

dude is definitely a poser, but palace is pretty cancerous so who cares

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2019, 06:31:34 AM »
Do you think Skate’s real name sounds goofy or something? Tammy Lynn Blooger? Doreen Flarkenhammer?

Buela Hogberg

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2019, 07:04:12 AM »
I've been Billy as long as I can remember, but I can recall being in kindergarten and the teacher calling me William and being like who the fuck is that? Then I found out William is my real name and Billy is a nickname for William but that made no sense to me because they sound like two different names. It didn't bother me, but I was like 5 or 6 and I was pretty tripped out that I had no idea what my actual first name was. I go by whatever now, I don't care what anyone calls me. The guy who works at the liquor store thinks my name is Colin and I think of him as a friend of mine.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 733
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2019, 07:56:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I also suspect a lot of rappers don't use their real names.  It would be rad if my mom named me, "Ghostface Killer" "Dr. Octagon" or "Silkk the Shocker" but I would be bummed if she named me, "Bow-Wow" or "L'il' anything.

Dr Octagon was a special case. He was just Mr Octagon until years of schooling paid off.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2019, 08:02:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wear rings, whassup?

If he left Palace for skating purposes it's really weird. I don't really see his shit selling as a lot of it is still there when the sales arrive so I doubt a board company would float. He has a big following but they aren't skateboarders.

My guess he's just focused on modelling and art shit which makes me question: did he leave palace or did palace leave him?

I guess rings can be cool if you won a major sporting title or something.  Other than that, I have just never been much of jewelry guy.  Don't often wear a watch and forget my wedding band half the time.  To each their own though. 

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2019, 08:04:03 AM »
i use to work with a bunch of dudes who wore thumb rings. heinous.

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2019, 09:52:39 AM »
  Thames is half owned by the Palace guys (Gareth Lloyd Skewis, Levent James Tanju - GSLT), with the other half being Thomas Elben Hage  AKA Blondey McCoy . GSLT holdings is the overall owner of the Palace brand.   https://blondey.com/pages/blondey-club So i guess he`s put Thames to bed to pursue his trademarked Blondey label.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:59:28 AM by Pipe Dreamer »

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2019, 10:31:17 AM »
Well shit, then I'm bout to trademark the name "Thomas Elben Hage" and release a line of affordable, tacky dress clothes.

Your move, Blondey.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2019, 10:35:30 AM »
I've been Billy as long as I can remember, but I can recall being in kindergarten and the teacher calling me William and being like who the fuck is that? Then I found out William is my real name and Billy is a nickname for William but that made no sense to me because they sound like two different names. It didn't bother me, but I was like 5 or 6 and I was pretty tripped out that I had no idea what my actual first name was. I go by whatever now, I don't care what anyone calls me. The guy who works at the liquor store thinks my name is Colin and I think of him as a friend of mine.

Cool story bro
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2019, 11:16:28 AM »
Thanks, Roast Beef!

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2019, 11:53:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wear rings, whassup?

I just feel like if he’s trying this “working class” thing rings wouldn’t be worn. I work in a machine shop as a machinist. No one wears more than a wedding band and most guys take them off or have silicone ones. Because if you’re ring gets caught on anything you can easily get your finger taken off. It’s uncommon for most working class to wear a lot of jewelry. Because it’s dangerous to have on for most “working class” industry jobs. 

Long hair is also rare to see. Dudes have beards but no Zz top looking shit that can get caught in something and get you pulled in to a machine.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:57:41 AM by Murge »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2019, 11:58:31 AM »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2019, 12:13:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wear rings, whassup?

[close]

I just feel like if he’s trying this “working class” thing rings wouldn’t be worn. I work in a machine shop as a machinist. No one wears more than a wedding band and most guys take them off or have silicone ones. Because if you’re ring gets caught on anything you can easily get your finger taken off. It’s uncommon for most working class to wear a lot of jewelry. Because it’s dangerous to have on for most “working class” industry jobs. 

Long hair is also rare to see. Dudes have beards but no Zz top looking shit that can get caught in something and get you pulled in to a machine.

I was thinking this too. The ol Aaron Fingers Murray routine.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

GershonSweaty

• @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2019, 12:37:29 PM »
BRITISH WORKING CLASS

topblagger

« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2019, 01:07:26 PM »
He'll go the Louis Slater and move into fashion, soon Brookyn Beckham and Frank Carter will be wearing whatever he puts out.

Voldequart

« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2019, 04:58:29 PM »
He’s starting Thames as a board company and and is putting on a friend of his from NZ who lives in London.

Believe me or don’t x

Mongoloid

« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2019, 05:03:58 PM »
Blondey McCoy is skateboarding’s Billie Eilish.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2019, 11:44:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i like palace a lot more now
[close]
yeah, now they just need to loose that lobster loser
[close]

fuckin forgot he was still on. literally the only two things they’ve ever done wrong.
[close]

Why? They fit there image so damn well even if they aren’t people that are the greatest, they fit palace so well
[close]
in 100 words or less please describe the appeal of that lobster headed idiot being on palace, his skating sucks and anything outside of that induces full-body cringes
[close]

I mean sp's not putting footage together to appeal to 45 year old former punk ex-pats
[close]
salty tabs you got going there mate!
(For future reference I’m 40)

I think what he meant was sp's not putting footage together to appeal to 40 year old former punk ex-pats