Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798726 times)

Space Monkey and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 270

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7051 on: September 30, 2023, 09:40:57 AM »
when those halloween 417s 'leaked' i didn't expect them to actually be halloween themed, rad to see it go all in on that

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #7052 on: September 30, 2023, 10:03:57 AM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #7053 on: September 30, 2023, 12:21:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Just thought i should re-post this so folks dont have to scroll back to find it. Personally really dig the colourways of the last 3 shoes in that lineup.

While on the 480 topic, I've actually had some heel rub/blistering issues with my blue 480s, im wondering if models like the reynolds might be better for me in that regard due to the change in material (aka non-leather interior around the heel)?
[close]

When do the next c/w come out?
[close]
Going by the previous releases, probably in the middle of October. So I’d imagine anywhere between the 15-31st. They did say there’d be monthly drops.

There’s a poster of this w/ Reynolds ad on the flip side in the Miles Silvas Thrasher

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7054 on: September 30, 2023, 12:23:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Just thought i should re-post this so folks dont have to scroll back to find it. Personally really dig the colourways of the last 3 shoes in that lineup.

While on the 480 topic, I've actually had some heel rub/blistering issues with my blue 480s, im wondering if models like the reynolds might be better for me in that regard due to the change in material (aka non-leather interior around the heel)?
[close]

[close]
Going by the previous releases, probably in the middle of October. So I’d imagine anywhere between the 15-31st. They did say there’d be monthly drops.
[close]

There’s a poster of this w/ Reynolds ad on the flip side in the Miles Silvas Thrasher
Oh what? A release date?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7055 on: September 30, 2023, 01:05:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Oh what? A release date?

No, that postcard is poster sized and it has Reynolds kickflip nose on the double bench on the reverse

TheSickness

• Rep: 14
« Reply #7056 on: September 30, 2023, 03:25:53 PM »
Got my Andrew Reynolds Balance 480's in the mail today- they're too small.  I've got a mens size 9.5 listed on ebay if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 04:30:16 PM by TheSickness »

douchenozzle

• Rep: 32
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #7057 on: September 30, 2023, 03:58:13 PM »
These are sick! Would buy if I could wear vulcs 🎃
You might want to check the back heel print on those first. It takes away from a decent colorway

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #7058 on: September 30, 2023, 04:21:57 PM »
Expand Quote
You might want to check the back heel print on those first. It takes away from a decent colorway

That back graphic is the least of your worries. The bottom sole is clear with a giant graphic as well. It's a fun Halloween shoe with full embroidered stitching, which is really nicely detailed. Way better than Franky's last years. Def gonna pick up a pair of these this week.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7059 on: September 30, 2023, 04:30:52 PM »
I like the sole and back. It’s a goofy shoe that’d be good for the season.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #7060 on: September 30, 2023, 09:42:03 PM »
Franky ALWAYS gets the spooky details going on his Halloween shoes with NB! I love that there's at least one skater unafraid to lean into a seasonal holiday themes for their team shoe colorways/pro shoe colorways
Super Champion Fun Zone

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #7061 on: September 30, 2023, 09:53:10 PM »
Franky ALWAYS gets the spooky details going on his Halloween shoes with NB! I love that there's at least one skater unafraid to lean into a seasonal holiday themes for their team shoe colorways/pro shoe colorways

I agree, Franky is the man, isnt afraid to be himself. Besides NB making great shoes for my fucked ankles, I get a lot of inspiration from Franky's skating and want to support the brands that support him.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7062 on: September 30, 2023, 10:31:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree, Franky is the man, isnt afraid to be himself. Besides NB making great shoes for my fucked ankles, I get a lot of inspiration from Franky's skating and want to support the brands that support him.

It’s always a bummer a simple shoe wearer can’t ever take advantage of 1031 (or 714) for a numbering convention

SwitchNollieHeel

• Rep: -6
« Reply #7063 on: October 01, 2023, 09:41:31 AM »
I don’t know if this is the right thread, but does anyone here know if they make any of the skate shoes in a 2E, in reference to the width of them.

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #7064 on: October 01, 2023, 01:04:27 PM »
I don’t know if this is the right thread, but does anyone here know if they make any of the skate shoes in a 2E, in reference to the width of them.

Roth has said they are coming in the future, I think Spring 24? If you search back in this thread you'll find it.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7065 on: October 02, 2023, 08:01:32 AM »
Slightly off-topic but not really. Got some TyShawn Remastered Adidas for $37 a few weeks ago. Tested them out today and oh my god—the grip on these is worse than a pair of month old 480s 😅

Even on a new setup, I was slipping a little. It’s still a solid shoe though and I adjusted after 20 minutes. Not good enough to sway me from NB# though.

uesty

• Rep: 95
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7066 on: October 02, 2023, 12:34:38 PM »
@rothdigga might be jumping the gun here, heard we might be getting a 480 high also? any truth to those rumors>?

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #7067 on: October 02, 2023, 01:18:04 PM »
Why the 1010s gotta be so much more comfortable than 808, but 808 is so much of a sexier shoe ???  >:(

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #7068 on: October 02, 2023, 01:42:48 PM »
@rothdigga might be jumping the gun here, heard we might be getting a 480 high also? any truth to those rumors>?
480 High coming early 2024.
Get litty.....

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
« Reply #7069 on: October 02, 2023, 04:32:29 PM »
Yeah, we have some 574 vulc, 440's and 272's coming in Jan with 2E width for those that want them.  But you'll most likely only find them on NB.com and Zappos as it's not necessarily something we pushed skate shops to try to dive into just yet.  I don't want shops buying a bunch of wide shoes since the demand is mellow right now.  When the Spring line hits in early 2024, check the site and you should see the option on those 3 shoes.

rothdigga

« Reply #7070 on: October 02, 2023, 05:15:18 PM »
Any firmer date on the Knoxs?
10/27 actually, Friday launch at shops

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #7071 on: October 02, 2023, 06:08:25 PM »
Any more upcoming vegan options? This past batch was teased almost a year in advance so I’m worried there’s no follow-up

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7072 on: October 02, 2023, 06:26:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Really?

I wonder if they’ll look like the regular ones with that bubble 🤔

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7073 on: October 02, 2023, 09:27:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I've been praying for ages for a high/mid cupsole 😍
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #7074 on: October 02, 2023, 10:10:07 PM »
Decided to make my own version of the "Jedi" SB Dunks with the Reynolds 480 and I'm impressed with them!

Enjoy! :D

Side note: the insole in these 480s is awkwardly shaped and doesn't fit in the shoe correctly, but is not really noticeable once the shoe is on foot. As in, it squishes down and forms to the shape of the shoe once under your foot. The abzorb feeling is good, but it seems like a different insole would be better, unless, they make it more contoured like the Tiago 1010 ones in future drops.

Also, the 480 has a somewhat Busenitz-esque taller heel to slight toe drop thing going on. Your foot doesn't sit as even as a KSL G6, 440, SB Dunk, Blazer Mid, etc.

FAIR WARNING for anyone who doesn't like that non-even feeling inside the shoe that many shoes offer, these could take some adjusting or you may not like that feel at all
Super Champion Fun Zone

rothdigga

« Reply #7075 on: October 02, 2023, 10:28:54 PM »
If I'm able to get off my ass and film a couple curb clips while I'm in China right now, you guys can do that fucking Blade Runner shit ya'll do where you freeze frame those Reynolds stories and dissect what kind of shoes he's got on.  You might get a sneak peek at the above mentioned shoes.  No guarantees that I can actually land something worthy of getting clipped up.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7076 on: October 02, 2023, 10:31:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If I'm able to get off my ass and film a couple curb clips while I'm in China right now, you guys can do that fucking Blade Runner shit ya'll do where you freeze frame those Reynolds stories and dissect what kind of shoes he's got on.  You might get a sneak peek at the above mentioned shoes.  No guarantees that I can actually land something worthy of getting clipped up.
That post made my morning.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #7077 on: October 03, 2023, 03:16:28 AM »
@DarkPools sick kicks
im gonna do light pink laces for neapolitan ice cream vibes
if i can get my hands on a pair in size 13 :(
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7078 on: October 03, 2023, 03:31:58 AM »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #7079 on: October 03, 2023, 03:40:54 AM »
Expand Quote
@DarkPools sick kicks
im gonna do light pink laces for neapolitan ice cream vibes
if i can get my hands on a pair in size 13 :(
[close]

https://kineticskateboarding.com/collections/new-balance/products/new-balance-numeric-480-brown-brown?variant=40222999904358
damn it all, i need a new board today
gotta see if the almighty dollar will stretch its hands
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo