Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798769 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N, cornman, Paperclip20 (+ 2 Hidden) and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Pastasash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 76
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8340 on: January 25, 2024, 07:47:50 AM »
Expand Quote

Just a non-hyped 574 collab with Bodega. They're better known for their collab on the 990v3 and have done a few other NB models, but this CW and the blue one did not move the needle at all and have been sitting on sale/at outlets for a while. I think it's a good shoe though and has much nicer materials and build than GR 574s, I would've bought a pair at my NB outlet but I can't do an all yellow shoe like that. Im sure they're nice and comfy though!
[close]

Thank you for informing me!  I normally also could not do an all yellow but I needed something for light workouts and running errands and they felt good when I tried them on.  I'll either rock them for those purposes or throw them on depop and see if I get any offers at or slightly above what I paid just to get my money back if I decide the yellow is too much

Yeah definitely a good "by the door/quick errands run" type shoe for sure, if they incorporated more of that grey/silver on the upper it'd be much nicer.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 47
« Reply #8341 on: January 25, 2024, 07:52:15 AM »
just FYI, best place to buy made in USA/UK NB has consistently been Nordstrom Rack. I used to get them for like $70 out the door.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
« Reply #8342 on: January 25, 2024, 07:56:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i really wish shoe brands did the extra laces thing...
[close]
What's interesting to me is that half of the NBs I've had came with extra laces while the other half didn't. My 1010s and Reynolds 480s both came with extra laces that were different colors. My 440 highs and 480 highs didn't. I wonder if it depends on the colorway or price point of the shoes? Either way, I don't mind it because I never rip laces and have tons of them stocked up.
[close]

I know of at least one shop that snags the extra laces and sells them separately
[close]

name and shame them. fuck that shit

since december 2022 ive had about 8 pairs of the 1010s, 1 of the 808s and just got the 425.. all from different skate shops, online stores and ebay - no extra  laces :(
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #8343 on: January 25, 2024, 08:10:49 AM »
just FYI, best place to buy made in USA/UK NB has consistently been Nordstrom Rack. I used to get them for like $70 out the door.
where at? i haven’t seen MiUSA NBs at nordstrom rack since like 2017, that used to be the spot though

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #8344 on: January 25, 2024, 08:33:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
where at? i haven’t seen MiUSA NBs at nordstrom rack since like 2017, that used to be the spot though

It's becoming more common now, within the past year my NR has had 990v1 and v2, 992s, 991s, and even good non MiUSA ones like regular and GTX 2002Rs, 550s, 650s, 580s, etc. People have been finding 990v3s in the OG grey and 1500s at Marshall's too lately.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #8345 on: January 25, 2024, 09:59:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It's becoming more common now, within the past year my NR has had 990v1 and v2, 992s, 991s, and even good non MiUSA ones like regular and GTX 2002Rs, 550s, 650s, 580s, etc. People have been finding 990v3s in the OG grey and 1500s at Marshall's too lately.

Hilarious, that's where I snagged these.  I had to get some dressy clothes for an event I'm speaking at this weekend and saw them as I was walking by.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #8346 on: January 25, 2024, 10:28:41 AM »
just saw joe's outlet has some 808s, 440s, and some other shoes up in a good range of sizes surprisingly. i think the 808s were around $60 and $70ish 650s for anyone trying to scoop those

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #8347 on: January 25, 2024, 11:54:43 AM »

Finally got these. Size 14 looks huge here (but fits me perfectly), probably should move up to a 9 inch deck. The Ishod is 8.5 😬

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8348 on: January 25, 2024, 02:05:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Just a non-hyped 574 collab with Bodega. They're better known for their collab on the 990v3 and have done a few other NB models, but this CW and the blue one did not move the needle at all and have been sitting on sale/at outlets for a while. I think it's a good shoe though and has much nicer materials and build than GR 574s, I would've bought a pair at my NB outlet but I can't do an all yellow shoe like that. Im sure they're nice and comfy though!
[close]

Thank you for informing me!  I normally also could not do an all yellow but I needed something for light workouts and running errands and they felt good when I tried them on.  I'll either rock them for those purposes or throw them on depop and see if I get any offers at or slightly above what I paid just to get my money back if I decide the yellow is too much
[close]

Yeah definitely a good "by the door/quick errands run" type shoe for sure, if they incorporated more of that grey/silver on the upper it'd be much nicer.
574 “legacy” so def a notch above a typical 574 
https://bdgastore.com/blogs/blogdega/a-closer-look-bodega-x-new-balance-574-legacy

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #8349 on: January 25, 2024, 05:42:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I work at a NR and my store has gotten plenty of MIUSA models and even some MIUK ones. We got a bunch of MIUK 576s that have been sitting for months

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #8350 on: January 25, 2024, 06:51:44 PM »

Finally got these. Size 14 looks huge here (but fits me perfectly), probably should move up to a 9 inch deck. The Ishod is 8.5 😬

Just bought that colorway. I skated the tan/olive colorway. Went a half size down the next pair. I've got lots of room.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8351 on: January 25, 2024, 11:50:48 PM »

Well the grip foot killed it . It took 4 months. Daily skating. The switch foot is less. I don't drag my foot as much as most people. I'm a slider.

Nita lot of kickflips this time on account of the bad ankle in the beginning. Which is fully healed. And the last month on a 9" board.

Thousands of ollie's. That's probably no exaggeration.  The shoe still is basically the same shape as when it started. That fuckin crazy.

But yeah. My ankles feeling tops.

There was like shit floating around in tarsal /metatarsal joint. The cuboid or whatever was swollen and discolored since 2017. It would snap every time I stood up for like a decade.

I highly recommend to people in pain. After this next pair of 808s I'm definitely sticking with the Tiagos. I wanna try the 808.

I was thinking about the Ishod but I cannot gamble with my feet anymore. I wanna skate forever. Nothing has changed.

I'm going to the grave on with two up going backwards if possible.......

While playing guitar...

When I'm 110.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8352 on: January 26, 2024, 12:00:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not sure what these were but I know Bodega was hot with another shoe so I thought I'd snag them since they were deeply discounted.  Anyone know anything about them?  Seem like they'd make good chillers

[close]

[close]

Those are so sick. I used to buy paint there. Spanish Montana. Then they switched to a brand I didn't like.

The Yard Master colours are cool tho. The cans look kinda old an shit.

I'm definitely the target consumer with that collection.

Beltons are my top paint followed by the original Spanish Montana. Fuckin loved that stuff.

It's Real paint.
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8353 on: January 26, 2024, 01:11:47 AM »

Well the grip foot killed it . It took 4 months. Daily skating. The switch foot is less. I don't drag my foot as much as most people. I'm a slider.

Nita lot of kickflips this time on account of the bad ankle in the beginning. Which is fully healed. And the last month on a 9" board.

Thousands of ollie's. That's probably no exaggeration.  The shoe still is basically the same shape as when it started. That fuckin crazy.

There was like shit floating around in tarsal /metatarsal joint. The cuboid or whatever was swollen and discolored since 2017. It would snap every time I stood up for like a decade.

I highly recommend to people in pain. After this next pair of 808s I'm definitely sticking with the Tiagos. I wanna try the 808.

I was thinking about the Ishod but I cannot gamble with my feet anymore. I wanna skate forever. Nothing has changed.

While playing guitar...

When I'm 110.
808 are so damn good, shape remains till the very last day and beyond.
Skating the same cw right now which gives me heavy TX in France Menikmati vibes.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mc89

• Rep: 9
« Reply #8354 on: January 26, 2024, 03:42:25 AM »
This might be a dumb question. Is the 440 v1 staying in rotation or is the v2 fully replacing it?

I got the V2’s yesterday. In my opinion the outsole feels exact same. Insole the same as well. The new rounded toe and higher toe cap is quite jarring coming the v1. Looking down at it visually they look very different

DinnerDog425

• Rep: 15
« Reply #8355 on: January 26, 2024, 05:20:03 AM »

While playing guitar...

When I'm 110.
Yeah don’t try the new Ishods I skated in mine for 30 minutes max yesterday and my feet aren’t happy. They might be better with a new insole, but not worth trying.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8356 on: January 26, 2024, 08:12:37 AM »
This might be a dumb question. Is the 440 v1 staying in rotation or is the v2 fully replacing it?

I got the V2’s yesterday. In my opinion the outsole feels exact same. Insole the same as well. The new rounded toe and higher toe cap is quite jarring coming the v1. Looking down at it visually they look very different
V1 willcphase out so stock up
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Still_ill

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8357 on: January 26, 2024, 10:35:05 AM »

Well that sucks to hear. I was hoping for a 440 with improved sole cushioning closer to the 1010. I just want the 1010 sole with a less bulky upper.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #8358 on: January 26, 2024, 11:15:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well that sucks to hear. I was hoping for a 440 with improved sole cushioning closer to the 1010. I just want the 1010 sole with a less bulky upper.
The 480s or even 600s might fit the bill for you, depending on if you were looking for a low or hightop.

marcusbutler

« Reply #8359 on: January 26, 2024, 11:28:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
The 480s or even 600s might fit the bill for you, depending on if you were looking for a low or hightop.
If you like the flick on the 440v1. The flick feels the same on the 480. You just have to break it in and deal with less boardfeel. I've gone trough 4-5 pairs of 440's and really like the 480.

Still_ill

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8360 on: January 26, 2024, 12:53:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks, I will eventually try the 600s. I actually have the Reynolds 480 but haven’t really skated them yet since they don’t seem to fit as well or feel as comfortable as the 440 (with swapped insole) or 1010. Maybe they just need to break in a lot more. 🤷🏽‍♂️

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #8361 on: January 26, 2024, 06:27:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have a few friends who get new balances that all say the 440v2 is more supportive. Wish they threw in a better insole though but it seems to be the same shitty one

Mc89

• Rep: 9
« Reply #8362 on: January 27, 2024, 11:36:55 AM »
Don’t get me wrong the 440v2 I think will end up being an improvement over the v1 I think it was the initial jarring difference in the toe shape.

I prefer a thin insole with a solid rigid outsole so I’m digging that aspect. I have a pair of 600’s to try as well so I’m kinda just checking them all out at this point.

The 440 v1 is unreal though so my hope is the v2 lives up to the same standard. I’ll report back after a couple sessions

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #8363 on: January 27, 2024, 12:14:45 PM »
480s with no “n” dont look half bad
might have to do this when i get my hands on some
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8364 on: January 27, 2024, 12:39:20 PM »
Expand Quote

While playing guitar...

When I'm 110.
[close]
Yeah don’t try the new Ishods I skated in mine for 30 minutes max yesterday and my feet aren’t happy. They might be better with a new insole, but not worth trying.

That sucks. I figured with the big air max bubble it'd be sick. I had one pair of Nike cross trainers as a kid that I got second hand. They were comfy. Temporary tho. All through the 80s and 90s I had the mindset of.
No Nike. Not. Never.

I only like old orange insoles from the Decon.
They fuckin rule. I've put um in a few shoes.  It's the only insole Nike makes that protects the balls of your feet. Zoom doesn't do shit. I can't afford to fp insoles.

Also I'd only jump to buy the Af2. In black
It still would definitely need an fp. Especially coming off the 808. It would have to be an emergency.

The recycled rubber thing is kinda the best part. Aside from Ishod. Obviously the best part but I do wish more brands would get on it. Same with recycled boards
(A)pl(E)

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #8365 on: January 27, 2024, 01:38:44 PM »

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8366 on: January 27, 2024, 05:30:39 PM »
Yeah, the green cw is gonna be the one for me

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #8367 on: January 28, 2024, 04:32:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
If you like the flick on the 440v1. The flick feels the same on the 480. You just have to break it in and deal with less boardfeel. I've gone trough 4-5 pairs of 440's and really like the 480.

just picked up some 480's today and some 1010's last week. This threads got me branching from the 288s

also

homie at the local gave a peak at the 440 v2 and they are gorgeous in person

i need to block myself from this thread

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Notyourmom

• Rep: 6
« Reply #8368 on: January 29, 2024, 02:24:23 AM »
If anybody from Europe is interested.

https://4elementos.com/en/brand/88-new-balance-numeric

1010 and 600 for 50€!

marcusbutler

« Reply #8369 on: January 29, 2024, 09:55:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

just picked up some 480's today and some 1010's last week. This threads got me branching from the 288s

also

homie at the local gave a peak at the 440 v2 and they are gorgeous in person

i need to block myself from this thread

I was on blazer gt's before trying the 440's. Good intro to cupsoles.