Author Topic: the photography thread.  (Read 716804 times)

ChrisLambe94

Re: the photography thread.
« Reply #6900 on: May 05, 2019, 07:56:05 PM »

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6901 on: May 07, 2019, 02:13:59 AM »
Someday I'll post sth here, I'm so fucking lazy.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #6902 on: May 07, 2019, 09:13:26 PM »

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #6903 on: May 08, 2019, 03:57:55 AM »

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 08:07:52 PM by sometimeperhaps »

Glurmpz

« Reply #6904 on: May 09, 2019, 12:47:22 AM »
Roky Erickson from a concert in Seattle 10 years ago. Shot on my handy little Canon G9 if I remember correctly.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #6905 on: May 11, 2019, 02:34:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey guys i just shot a roll of Ektar 100 at 800 iso... what do you think ? This is the first time I push color film... and it was not on purpose obviously...

Any tips ?
[close]
Did you shoot without flash in low light? Idk,whenever I did that I'd have the camera shop push it a stop(or 2) developing just to get my exposure and whatnot right.
[close]

I shoot in « normal light » (on sunny days)
And some sunset by the sea

I’ll ask my lab
Thanks !

so here are few shots from the e100 shot at 800 with my Contax G2

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #6906 on: May 14, 2019, 01:50:44 PM »
Not sure why the quality is looking fuzzy on here, but I shot this panorama this morning. I've been wanting to camp here with some snow still around for a long time and finally got around to it yesterday. Got some nice light.

Irvine-Sucks.com

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #6907 on: May 14, 2019, 01:56:51 PM »
Holy hell that looks fantastic, nice photo.  What neck of the woods are you in??
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6908 on: May 14, 2019, 03:53:55 PM »
Holy hell that looks fantastic, nice photo.  What neck of the woods are you in??

Thanks! I live in Bend, Oregon. Crater lake is about 2 hours from where I'm at.

Irvine-Sucks.com

slippy

« Reply #6909 on: May 15, 2019, 05:28:31 PM »
Never really shared photos but this thread got me pumped all of the work people are doing!  I've got just under 600 scans like this of mostly medium format, either 6x7 or 6x9 but some 35mm as well and have been toying around with the idea of doing a website just for fun.  The hosting fee seems like it's not wise with this not being a career goal just a hobby but am curious about what all yall website users have to say.  I like shooting candid but commonly with people I'm around not total strangers, am a big fan of the "hold up one sec somethings fucked with my camera" and then shooting when they relax further from whatever "cool" pose they were doing.  All these were shot with Fuji GW690III on various B&W film.  I scan it in flatbed and adjust levels and clone stamp out some serious hairs or dust but that's it.  Since I print really light to compensate for my printer, I don't save over the original scan so these are all originals, plenty of dust!

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #6910 on: May 15, 2019, 07:06:53 PM »
Good stuff Slippy.

When it comes to websites, I've been using Cargo Collective for awhile and I like it. Pretty easy to use, with enough customization. They do have a free option, which gives you a decent amount of storage. I think other sites like Wix and Squarespace probably offer free accounts as well. You're usually limited to a certain amount of storage, and can't use a custom URL, but if you're just looking for somewhere to host stuff they work well.

http://1.cargocollective.com/

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6911 on: June 03, 2019, 01:10:30 AM »

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ralf_

• Rep: -36
  • yo
« Reply #6912 on: June 04, 2019, 04:43:55 AM »
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 04:45:55 AM by ralf_ »
fun fun fun

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6913 on: June 04, 2019, 06:38:53 AM »
im digging those photos slippy, looking forward to seeing more!

I added a handful of new stuff..mostly product shots. if youre bored check it out https://www.zbphoto.me/

shalom

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6914 on: June 04, 2019, 07:48:58 AM »

I added a handful of new stuff..mostly product shots. if youre bored check it out https://www.zbphoto.me/

shalom

Nice stuff! Not sure if it was one of the new ones added, but I really like that purple flower shot. Also that tennis court ollie photo is super rad.

This isn't necessarily a criticism, but have you thought about having a way to see every photo in each category where you then can click on one and expand it? I'm sure every layout has a plusses and minuses, but if you were to try to find a specific photo or wanted to see everything on your site, it would take a long time scrolling through each individual carousel. Just a thought when checking it out, but great work overall!

Irvine-Sucks.com

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6915 on: June 04, 2019, 08:05:00 AM »
Expand Quote

shalom
[close]

Nice stuff! Not sure if it was one of the new ones added, but I really like that purple flower shot. Also that tennis court ollie photo is super rad.

This isn't necessarily a criticism, but have you thought about having a way to see every photo in each category where you then can click on one and expand it? I'm sure every layout has a plusses and minuses, but if you were to try to find a specific photo or wanted to see everything on your site, it would take a long time scrolling through each individual carousel. Just a thought when checking it out, but great work overall!
Thanks man!

Yeah I’ve gone back and forth on that idea, like do I force the person to look at everything or give them an option on what to look at. There’s a ton of layouts and some of them are corny and over stimulating. But I do like the idea of small thumbnails of the photos within that gallery. Gonna try and look through other layouts at some point.

I very much appreciate criticism and that’s the reason I shared the site. It’s hard to look at your work from an outsiders perspective so I’m always all ears!

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #6916 on: June 05, 2019, 06:07:40 AM »
Got a few rolls of film back today. Here's a few shots from a Supra demo I went to in Melbourne about a month ago. Unfortunately I don't know how to embed photos properly on here so I'm sacrificing composition but you get the picture (ha).

All were taken on a Pentax Spotmatic F with a 50mm 1.4 lens and standard Kodak 400 iso colour negative 35mm film.

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6917 on: June 06, 2019, 11:06:05 AM »
The jerry hsu book is really amazing. Laughed out loud at a lot of the photos in it, it’s printed really nicely and for less than 40 bucks well worth it.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #6918 on: June 11, 2019, 06:05:52 AM »
Taken this weekend. Getting back into photography finally.

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

slippy

« Reply #6919 on: June 11, 2019, 09:59:24 AM »
Picked up a Contax TVS yesterday for $70 and it looks mint and functions.  Excited to run a roll through it and see if I prefer it or my Ricoh GR1 better.  Both are sick but my LCD on the Ricoh is shot, makes using other modes a pain.  Either way, pumped on a cool camera at a good price.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6920 on: June 12, 2019, 11:21:52 AM »
just picked up a canon 514xl .. stoked but damn film, develop and scan is fucked $$$$$$$
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

bigboss_photo

• Rep: -1
« Reply #6922 on: June 27, 2019, 10:55:46 PM »
Picked up a Contax TVS yesterday for $70 and it looks mint and functions.  Excited to run a roll through it and see if I prefer it or my Ricoh GR1 better.  Both are sick but my LCD on the Ricoh is shot, makes using other modes a pain.  Either way, pumped on a cool camera at a good price.

If you end up not liking it, i'll buy it from ya

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6923 on: June 28, 2019, 05:21:04 AM »
yo these cameras are wild, 100 & 50 megapixels haha

https://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/gfx/fujifilm_gfx100/

the 100mp camera is gonna be like $10k and the 50mp is gonna be $5,500
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 05:39:58 AM by feedmeseymour »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2268
« Reply #6924 on: June 28, 2019, 06:49:32 AM »
That is fucking insane,and I wish I had money to blow like that sometimes. 100mp? Damn. Fuji is going for it.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #6925 on: June 28, 2019, 05:43:57 PM »
Is there any benefit to having a 100 megapixel camera for the average photographer? I would assume that this would only really be necessary if you were blowing up an image to put on the side of a billboard.

The files must be massive which be a pain to manage too
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6926 on: June 29, 2019, 05:32:43 AM »
Is there any benefit to having a 100 megapixel camera for the average photographer? I would assume that this would only really be necessary if you were blowing up an image to put on the side of a billboard.

No. They're used in fashion a lot but 36mp is enough for anything.

winecrab

« Reply #6927 on: June 29, 2019, 05:38:09 AM »
Some infrared shots taken with my full spectrum converted Fuji.

winecrab

« Reply #6928 on: June 29, 2019, 05:42:05 AM »
Here are a couple of full spectrum shots with no filter.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6929 on: June 30, 2019, 05:46:34 AM »

Yeah billboard printing forsure but it’s overkill, considering how far a billboard is from the viewer you don’t need it to be that crisp.

But theres people who are buying Leica cameras for atleast 9 grand, this is isnt too unreasonable of a price for a 2019 digital medium format camera.

Also cool shots wine crab, always wanted to shoot and mess around with IR on a camera.