Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 799223 times)

ToasterBiscuitz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8430 on: February 05, 2024, 10:03:47 AM »
Wides went fast on the 440 :(
Sick of the drops. Just want shoes that fit for skateboarding.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8431 on: February 05, 2024, 10:10:28 AM »
Wides went fast on the 440 :(
Sick of the drops. Just want shoes that fit for skateboarding.

They were available? Damn, must have gone lightening quick.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8432 on: February 05, 2024, 11:15:24 AM »
Any idea when the wides will re-up?

Also, how much wider are they?

EDIT: I ask because my regular width ones were just delivered today, and I need to know if I skate them or keep them in the box, try out the wides and return the regulars.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 11:26:32 AM by MyUserName »

rothdigga

• Rep: 586
« Reply #8433 on: February 05, 2024, 11:57:17 AM »
Any idea when the wides will re-up?

Also, how much wider are they?

EDIT: I ask because my regular width ones were just delivered today, and I need to know if I skate them or keep them in the box, try out the wides and return the regulars.

The initial order for these I didn't get a big stock of wides to be honest.  I wasn't sure just how much interest we would have in the wide option.  I did order much more for the Fall colorways so it won't be until June/July that those hit.  The wide is 2E rather than D width, that doesn't give you a specific metric on how much wider they are, it's just the next mold width on the scale.  I think you could go to an NB store and try a 2E on vs a D in another shoe and it might help you.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #8434 on: February 05, 2024, 03:50:12 PM »
i am shocked at what a good whole the 808 is.
i ended up needing to impromptu run, for a long ways, in some sambas on pavement. i like those shoes too, but next day my joints felt unwell. reached for the 808s just to hobble around in, and appreciated the support.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8435 on: February 06, 2024, 10:16:05 AM »

« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 11:15:33 AM by Xen »

disparatethoughts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #8436 on: February 06, 2024, 11:56:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Good thing the durometer didn't change on the 440v2. The flick is what keeps me coming back to the shoe. Now keep a blck/whte pair in stock you sons of bitches. Or just in stock in general.
[close]
Black and white is just so boring😉, you guys gotta live a little😂….dont worry, we’ve got the standard skate colors coming soon.
word, I said it before and I'll say it again. For the love of god, please make an all black 440 high with these v2s. Are there any plans for it or am I gonna have to consider going back to vulcs?

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #8437 on: February 06, 2024, 12:15:31 PM »
I’m usually not part of the all black shoe crowd, but I am upset I missed the black contrast stitching colorway of the v1 440 with white sole.

Sleek looking shoe.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

jfrankparnell

• Rep: 2
« Reply #8438 on: February 06, 2024, 02:47:55 PM »
Anyone know if the 440 v2 has a full length midsole?
I know the v1 only had c-cap in the heel.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #8439 on: February 06, 2024, 09:25:01 PM »

Someone more knowledgeable feel free to jump in, but from what I’ve read it’s the same sole unit and midsole layout, with the main update being the composition of the midsole foam.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #8440 on: February 06, 2024, 10:29:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Someone more knowledgeable feel free to jump in, but from what I’ve read it’s the same sole unit and midsole layout, with the main update being the composition of the midsole foam.

Yea I think they replaced C-Cap with Abzorb. but same spot.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #8441 on: February 07, 2024, 07:55:55 AM »
I’m usually not part of the all black shoe crowd, but I am upset I missed the black contrast stitching colorway of the v1 440 with white sole.

Sleek looking shoe.

There’s a chance that shoe is still on zumiez sale for very cheap…

thehogsniper

• Rep: 47
« Reply #8442 on: February 07, 2024, 08:10:36 AM »
New Balance launched their new "reconsidered" program, basically selling slightly used/unsellable shoes at a decent discount. Lots of numeric, 440's for under $50. They've got a pair of Reynolds 480's in size 8 for $70 if anyone is looking.
https://newbalancereconsidered.com/

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8443 on: February 07, 2024, 08:31:09 AM »
how do regular 480s compare to the numerics?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
« Reply #8444 on: February 07, 2024, 10:23:23 AM »
New Balance launched their new "reconsidered" program, basically selling slightly used/unsellable shoes at a decent discount. Lots of numeric, 440's for under $50. They've got a pair of Reynolds 480's in size 8 for $70 if anyone is looking.

Amazing.

pops

• Rep: 254
« Reply #8445 on: February 07, 2024, 10:32:27 AM »
i am shocked at what a good whole the 808 is.
i ended up needing to impromptu run, for a long ways, in some sambas on pavement. i like those shoes too, but next day my joints felt unwell. reached for the 808s just to hobble around in, and appreciated the support.

It's been a fantastic shoe for me, too. I've got arthritis pain from time to time and these shoes def help with post skate aches. Just got my second pair, white/grey/black. My favorite cw of that shoe so far.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #8446 on: February 07, 2024, 01:57:29 PM »

That's really awesome honestly. Any idea how often this page gets updated? I'd love to find some discount NB# models I've been looking at (508, 480, whatever Foy's model number is). Size 9 always sells out on the good shit tho...
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #8447 on: February 07, 2024, 05:04:30 PM »
Anyone know if NB has anything special brewing for SSD this year? Paging @rothdigga
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #8448 on: February 07, 2024, 05:53:17 PM »
Those 440 v2’s look good. If I hadn’t just bought shoes I would get them. I’m 3 sessions in on the 425’s and they skate great straight out of the box. I don’t jump down anything so I can’t speak to the impact protection but I’m a slightly chubby 40 year old dad and my feet don’t hurt after I skate if that provides any insight.

soot_yawd

• Rep: 6
« Reply #8449 on: February 07, 2024, 08:55:34 PM »
Picked up a pair of the 440v2 Highs. Haven't skated in them yet, but here's a few first impressions after wearing them around for a bit:

1. Fits TTS.
2. Feels more cushioned than the v1.
3. Shaped in a way that fits my foot better than the v1. Snug without being too tight. Just the right amount of room in the toebox. No heel slip. Don't have to crank down the laces. Is NB using a new mold/last for the v2?
4. I prefer looking down and seeing the more rounded toebox versus the more squared off toebox of the v1.
5. Launch colorway isn't my favorite. Looking forward to more drops in the future. (Black with gum sole, please!)

Given how good the iterative improvements appear to be for the 440v2, I think NB# should do the same for the 1010 Tiagos. Give the people a 1010v2 with more consistent sizing and less heel slippage. Maybe raise the collar and the fantomfit pods a bit?

Ok, rambling over.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8450 on: February 07, 2024, 11:29:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Good thing the durometer didn't change on the 440v2. The flick is what keeps me coming back to the shoe. Now keep a blck/whte pair in stock you sons of bitches. Or just in stock in general.
[close]
Black and white is just so boring😉, you guys gotta live a little😂….dont worry, we’ve got the standard skate colors coming soon.
[close]
word, I said it before and I'll say it again. For the love of god, please make an all black 440 high with these v2s. Are there any plans for it or am I gonna have to consider going back to vulcs?

Patrick Praman was seen skating a pair in his Real Pro part, so I believe it's safe to assume a murdered out 440 Hi V2 is coming
Super Champion Fun Zone

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #8451 on: February 08, 2024, 03:07:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Patrick Praman was seen skating a pair in his Real Pro part, so I believe it's safe to assume a murdered out 440 Hi V2 is coming

saw yesterday night that he posted an insta story about the sample he skated there and how he was involved with the process.
It's still up if anybody is interested.....first samples were november 2022 according to this. quite some time working on those

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8452 on: February 08, 2024, 03:31:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

saw yesterday night that he posted an insta story about the sample he skated there and how he was involved with the process.
It's still up if anybody is interested.....first samples were november 2022 according to this. quite some time working on those

Got a SB (shoe boner)
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

mindfuzz

• Rep: 37
« Reply #8453 on: February 08, 2024, 04:11:09 AM »

Saw this colorway on ig

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #8454 on: February 08, 2024, 08:37:26 AM »

Saw this colorway on ig

I think that’s released.    I’m not too keen on that gum color.   Looks a little too orange, but maybe that’s just from the juxtaposition of colors

jrb32

• Rep: -2
« Reply #8455 on: February 08, 2024, 08:57:59 AM »
Anyone with the highs know if they fixed the sizing? The high’s always seem to run a half size larger than the lows to me on the V1

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8456 on: February 08, 2024, 10:37:51 AM »
Anyone with the highs know if they fixed the sizing? The high’s always seem to run a half size larger than the lows to me on the V1

I've got some 10.5 highs arriving today, I'll let you know what goes goes down (FWIW I ran 9.5s in the OG 440 low, a full size down)

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #8457 on: February 08, 2024, 10:44:00 AM »

I got the 440V2 highs and they run true to size for me

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #8458 on: February 08, 2024, 11:09:52 AM »
I bought my second pair of the 508 Westgate, I loved these shoes so much, so comfortable and honestly protect more than I thought.

The style is also not very big and not basketball style, I like the refined style of the vulcs but unfortunately too thin for my feet.. I was hesitant to also try the Jamie Foys with fp soles, but a vulcanized one remains a vulcanized one, right ?

rothdigga

• Rep: 586
« Reply #8459 on: February 08, 2024, 12:34:53 PM »
Anyone know if NB has anything special brewing for SSD this year? Paging @rothdigga

We had something brewing but the product delivery didn't line up for SSD so it won't launch until around April.  But I KNOW everyone will be well pleased with it.  It's probably the shoe I'm most excited for/proud of since I connected some dots for us to make happen.  No other hints...ha