Author Topic: Nik Stain pro for Hockey  (Read 9877 times)

Dracula

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
Re: Nik Stain pro for Hockey
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2020, 07:50:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
good for him. lesson learned for ao: inaction is a slow death
[close]

he would have left even if ao turned him pro
[close]

perhaps.

he stuck around for what.. four years though? aside from two (admittedly one great, one good) videos, that brand did next to nothing else and poor Vincent and Nik languished. there was so much time and resources to really get something going and instead nothing

lucky for them they're still young enough and are getting the proper shot now
[close]

Nik is what, 30 years old? Very old to be turning pro by today's standard. Hockey did it right though by turning him pro right away as opposed to waiting. That's a great first board.

Hockey IV should be great.
[close]

I didn't realize he was so old. I usually don't like old skaters but for him it makes me like him more

still stoked
[close]
30 is old? You must be about 12.

Sounds like something a 30 year old would say

doublesteveburger

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2020, 08:20:10 PM »
I’m 30 and this makes me happy

DickTiddy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2020, 09:07:18 PM »
watching nik stain skate in person was one of the most magical experiences of my life. Congrats Nik. Shalom.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2020, 12:59:20 AM »
watching nik stain skate in person was one of the most magical experiences of my life. Congrats Nik. Shalom.

I believe that, he's someone I would love to see skate in person. I'm sure video doesn't do him justice.

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2020, 02:09:35 AM »
Don't know the dude, but it seems like he hopped on the "all black shoes / white laces" bandwagon...
support your local ramp-tramp

KINGTONY

• Rep: -81
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2020, 04:34:29 AM »
ugly sumbitch

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2020, 05:06:20 AM »
Don't know the dude, but it seems like he hopped on the "all black shoes / white laces" bandwagon...

Guess I've been over looking that wave.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

DickTiddy

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2020, 06:17:21 AM »
so when the fuck these boards drop

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2020, 07:07:50 AM »
Are you really trying to put Raymond Molinar and Jesse Alba up against Carlos & Yuto? Yuto & Carlos make more money than Jesse and Raymond in a year from skateboarding alone. Nobody is paying Raymond to skate, and Jesse probably gets very little. It's not comparing apples to apples at all.

Yes I am putting them up to compare as all names listed above are on team pages. Those in question, Yuto/Carlos get paid more because they put in the effort and time in to perform at a higher level.

Moreover, an international skateboarder doesn’t have the same privilege or access to resources as a Non-Americans do. With that said, you’re right, we are not comparing apples to apples. We’re comparing two American against a Brazilian and Japanese skateboarder(s). Which, one could conclude, that it was more difficult for Yuto and Carlos to become amazing skateboarders not having the American privilege that Jalba and Molinar did.

I’m burnt on shouting into the void. No complies and denim shorts brah. Peace.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2020, 07:14:10 AM »
I dont even think Jesse Alba is pro ? Never seen a board with his name on it, he knows the right people, started a cool team with his friends and hes a legacy kid from the left nut of Salba so why compare him to Yuto whos like a Japanese Ishod or PROd of incredible skill, talent and consistency ?

Like comparing a random teenager to a NBA pro 

Long Live NIK
really curious how AO has to say about them leaving if it was money related or image/brand related . also wonder why he slept so long on them, seems like a budget problem to me
two times

Rudeboi1

• Rep: -3
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2020, 07:27:26 AM »
Hell yeah pick the two dudes that clearly dont put out the effort to compare rather than basically anyone else on both teams, maybe like nick michel and karsten kleppan... ?? good call on that comparison, not

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2020, 07:33:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Are you really trying to put Raymond Molinar and Jesse Alba up against Carlos & Yuto? Yuto & Carlos make more money than Jesse and Raymond in a year from skateboarding alone. Nobody is paying Raymond to skate, and Jesse probably gets very little. It's not comparing apples to apples at all.
[close]

Yes I am putting them up to compare as all names listed above are on team pages. Those in question, Yuto/Carlos get paid more because they put in the effort and time in to perform at a higher level.

Moreover, an international skateboarder doesn’t have the same privilege or access to resources as a Non-Americans do. With that said, you’re right, we are not comparing apples to apples. We’re comparing two American against a Brazilian and Japanese skateboarder(s). Which, one could conclude, that it was more difficult for Yuto and Carlos to become amazing skateboarders not having the American privilege that Jalba and Molinar did.

I’m burnt on shouting into the void. No complies and denim shorts brah. Peace.

What? The initial discussion was you calling out the Hockey dudes for not skating on a frequent basis. Why does nationality come into this? You also picked two very specific skateboarders to compare Yuto & Carlos to to suit your own narrative.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2020, 07:39:47 AM »
Hell yeah pick the two dudes that clearly dont put out the effort to compare rather than basically anyone else on both teams, maybe like nick michel and karsten kleppan... ?? good call on that comparison, not
To add: the younger Frog dudes like Kyota and Isaac are always skating and filming, and didn't Mango just put out a full part's worth of footage in that "from the apple" video, as well? As for WKND, Johan, Al, and Trevor all put out multiple parts in the span of roughly a year, and Jordan just dropped that New Balance thing at the end of 2019, as well.

Also, Donovan and Ben Kadow just put out parts in Trust Fall and Candyland (respectively), Kevin Rodrigues has been working on something, and it's safe to assume most of the team will end up in Hockey IV?

This just sounds like someone's got a bone to pick with the LA cool guy crowd.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2020, 09:39:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
To add: the younger Frog dudes like Kyota and Isaac are always skating and filming, and didn't Mango just put out a full part's worth of footage in that "from the apple" video, as well? As for WKND, Johan, Al, and Trevor all put out multiple parts in the span of roughly a year, and Jordan just dropped that New Balance thing at the end of 2019, as well.

Also, Donovan and Ben Kadow just put out parts in Trust Fall and Candyland (respectively), Kevin Rodrigues has been working on something, and it's safe to assume most of the team will end up in Hockey IV?

I think the only one lacking in footy would be Kevin. Haven’t seen him put anything out for hockey since it’s inception... his last part was for the Cons video right? Would be hyped if he is working on a new part. Genuinely been stoked on Hockey and Nik is a good addition.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2020, 09:42:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I think the only one lacking in footy would be Kevin. Haven’t seen him put anything out for hockey since it’s inception... his last part was for the Cons video right? Would be hyped if he is working on a new part. Genuinely been stoked on Hockey and Nik is a good addition.
He had a part in BLESSED which is, in the grand scheme of things, fairly recent. But rumors of a new part aside, I don't disagree with you. Big fan of Kevin's skating and I'd really love to see a Hockey part from him soon.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2020, 09:56:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
He had a part in BLESSED which is, in the grand scheme of things, fairly recent. But rumors of a new part aside, I don't disagree with you. Big fan of Kevin's skating and I'd really love to see a Hockey part from him soon.
Haven’t seen BLESSED in its entirety, only caught bits thrown up on YouTube (guess I’m slipping) Definitely gonna do that tonight tho. Love his approach to skating for sure. Hope he has a full part in Hockey IV

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2020, 07:42:54 PM »
Jesse Alba skates more often and for longer than Yuto.

Double fact.

KINGTONY

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2020, 07:47:00 PM »
jesse alba is dog shit

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2020, 07:49:10 PM »
I didn't say he was better.

But he is.

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2020, 12:18:30 AM »
I guess the only thing that matters on this forum nowadays: Is he racist though?
support your local ramp-tramp

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -66
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2020, 02:46:07 AM »
Wish my surname was something cool like Stain.
The nicknames are endless.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

KINGTONY

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2020, 03:33:57 AM »
ugly sumbitch

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2020, 06:25:52 AM »
Jesse alba sold me $130 stussy pants for $45 and he picks up every time i facetime so hes good in my books

ABG442

• Rep: 5
  • QC lovin'
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2020, 07:12:13 AM »
his footage makes people want to go skate

This. It's is why he is going pro.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2020, 08:14:06 AM »
so when the fuck these boards drop ? ? ?

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2020, 01:58:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

for real anyone have and concrete info on when his board is coming out?

Dellson

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2020, 02:17:56 PM »
My guess would be this Wednesday, along with the Vincent Touzery boards.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2020, 03:06:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

for real anyone have and concrete info on when his board is coming out?

end of august

thebacker

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2020, 03:20:45 PM »
Jesse alba sold me $130 stussy pants for $45 and he picks up every time i facetime so hes good in my books

thats love right there

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2020, 04:06:36 PM »
Jesse Alba skates more often and for longer than Yuto.

Double fact.

I can't imagine there's a single person alive who spends enough time with those two people to say that.  Tony Hawk spends more time thinking about fly fishing than Guy Fieri.

fact.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog