Author Topic: New Vans video  (Read 29204 times)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Vans video
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2016, 09:06:07 PM »
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

natenola forever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2016, 05:42:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Unchained Melody has been used a handful of times before. Meh.

Elijah really surprised me. I've always appreciated how good he is, but have never really enjoyed his footage before, but that was seriously great. Trick selection was great, and he has a really good style.

How long until Nike offers Walker a insane deal that he just can't refuse?
[close]

About this, I find super odd that FC Barcelona shirt. Not a good fit to film for a Vans video but thats my humble opinion. The rest of Kyles wardrobe is awesome.
[close]
Jeebus he's really really good
what's wrong with FCB? Might just be his favorite club
[close]
Nike
I think a Vans pro shoe and clothing deal is a lot more than Nike pays. A Vans pro shoe probably a retirement level deal, plus i don't think Nikes reaching for too many dudes that aren't street league contest guys. From what i heard about Nike with Pro shoes is they aren't doing anymore cuz of the failure of most of the ones in the past, the only Pro models dudes are gonna get are just gonna be an SB version of retroed Nike shoe like Cory Kennedys shoe, i heard even Koston had to agree to allow his outsole to be used on other Nike shoes in order to get his shoe.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2016, 07:47:12 AM »
this vid was fuckin tight. Kyle Walker is insane.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2016, 09:28:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Elijah really surprised me. I've always appreciated how good he is, but have never really enjoyed his footage before, but that was seriously great. Trick selection was great, and he has a really good style.

[close]

About this, I find super odd that FC Barcelona shirt. Not a good fit to film for a Vans video but thats my humble opinion. The rest of Kyles wardrobe is awesome.
[close]
[close]
Nike
[close]
I think a Vans pro shoe and clothing deal is a lot more than Nike pays. A Vans pro shoe probably a retirement level deal, plus i don't think Nikes reaching for too many dudes that aren't street league contest guys. From what i heard about Nike with Pro shoes is they aren't doing anymore cuz of the failure of most of the ones in the past, the only Pro models dudes are gonna get are just gonna be an SB version of retroed Nike shoe like Cory Kennedys shoe, i heard even Koston had to agree to allow his outsole to be used on other Nike shoes in order to get his shoe.

I heard Koston got on and has been actively working with them on making shoe tech, not being forced into it.
Seems possible, almost like an attempt to build a place for himself and a post-skating job
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2016, 09:29:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Nike
[close]

Kyle getting Monster money as well. Don't think he'll even respond to Nike if they offer him a spot on the team.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

KronLaFlare

• Rep: -20
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2016, 09:40:23 AM »
I liked this Elijah/Kyle shared part but the next Vans video should be a split between Rowan and AA

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2016, 11:25:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
LEAVE JOHAN ALONE!

No but forreal he's an awesome dude and an amazing skater so back the fuck up you 35 year old fat asses who only noseslide and frontside grind the local park before sitting down for a cig and 2 tall boys
[close]

As a fit 25 year old skater, this sounds sick.
[close]

As a fat 28 year old skater, I'm fucking on trend yo

Since I was 21 I go to the park, skate for like twenty minutes tops, then sit and smoke cigs and talk shit with the homies for like two hours.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2016, 12:33:49 PM »
I back the Rowan Zorilla/Andrew Allen as the next Vans project. Anyway rewatched this thing a hundred times (basically everytime I notice on my newsfeed someone posted the video) and the grind with the FC Barcelona shirt was filmed from behind and you can watch the Swoosh less than a second so Im going to give props to the filmer cause Im pretty sure he was aware of the issue Im trying to explain. Talking the issue with a friend he pointed that a little piece of red tape on the shirt can solve the problem of the visible Swoosh on a Vans video. Im super picky with this but its almost 2017 and Nike SB is a huge deal by now and somehow Vans is still a warm safe place. But at the end of the day really didnt matter, I know.

Lucas Puig skated the FC Internazionale Milano jersey on Fully Flared but at that moment it didnt really matter at all the swoosh there, it was kinda out of context. Now that is a thing with the sports brands. Again with Lucas Puig, he is skating that Platini era retro jersey all the time. Alex Olson skates a lot with the US jersey team with the 917 on the back and even the local Adidas team on my country have a version of the Away Days jersey with the colours of the national flag.

Before someone starts with the fucking hate is there a thread somewhere on Slap about skating soccer jerseys ? I remember one about NFL jerseys a long time ago, maybe on Appreciation but pals knows how the Search box is not as great. My choice as my favorite was Kevin Long with the Chicago Bears jersey. Also should be one about NBA jerseys as well cause that Johnny Layton switch tre-flip with the OKC Thunder jersey is timeless. 

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2016, 12:49:17 PM »

it looks like elijah grabs his board mid grind and straightens it out around the 1 min mark?wtf
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2016, 12:52:21 PM »
Who else used the Ghost song aside from this vid?

I felt it was nice and poetic but would suck if others used it prior. This is one hell of a part though. I never fully liked his Vans part but this vid totally set a new bar for him. God....to think we were all talking about Burman at one point with his video and this totally just overshadows that.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ungzilla

« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2016, 12:57:31 PM »
Jake Hayes - Treat Yourself part

HungUp

• Rep: 40
« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2016, 01:02:05 PM »
LEAVE JOHAN ALONE!

No but forreal he's an awesome dude and an amazing skater so back the fuck up you 35 year old fat asses who only noselide and frontside grind the local park before sitting down for a cig and 2 tall boys

You don't know my life.  I had to give up cigs and tall boys years ago to keep my noseslides and fs grinds.

Just watched this for the second time.  Shit got me so hyped I might cancel my kid's swimming lessons so I can skate tonight.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2016, 02:31:56 PM »
I've always wanted to see a part edited to Nitro. Thank you Elijah/whoever edited this for making my dream a reality.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1222
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2016, 03:31:41 PM »
WOW
I finally had a chance to watch this. The whole thing was great, but goddamn Kyle Walker. Even with the high expectations I went in with I was still blown away. Too much gnarly shit to even point out. I can't wait to see him try to top this, if it's possible.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

lilpeen

« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2016, 03:43:16 PM »
Eh it was gnarly. Didnt want me to skate though, Im not jumping on multi kink rails. So this is the infamous k walks you guys talk about. I back him, I like his roll away antics and that last rail was unbelievable, well alot of shit he did was gnarly. But the thing I like the most was elijahs impossible/360 shove over the rail where it dinked it alittle. Needs more AA. I think this video had the most kinked rails Ive ever seen, and I dont know if thats a bad thing or just too gnar gnar for me. Im not hating by no means. But overall, that shit was kinda boring because it was to gnar with the rails? I dunno. I also noticed Rowan got rid off his 2% contrived style and went all out for this.

micky682

« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2016, 04:44:26 PM »
I liked this Elijah/Kyle shared part but the next Vans video should be a split between Rowan and AA

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2016, 05:39:27 PM »
what happened with Ronnie and Lakai?  just got a better offer I guess? 

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2016, 06:20:45 PM »
Luteran's tricks felt like a toy machine video. The whole montage part was great in an old Zero video sort of way, or even Welcome to Hell. I wanted to make a comment correlating Duffy's grind to Walker's but my mind is too blown by both to form any thoughts.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2016, 06:25:10 PM »
"Rollerblading."

- Bobby Puleo on Kyle Walker's last trick (via @memoryscreen on Insta). Made me laugh.

That trick and part and this video are insane.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2016, 07:00:39 PM »
"Rollerblading."
- Bobby Puleo on Kyle Walker's last trick (via @memoryscreen on Insta). Made me laugh.
:D :D :D

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2016, 07:02:51 PM »
"Rollerblading."

no surprise.  :D

doyle

• Rep: 213
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2016, 11:19:44 PM »

Hannity

« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2016, 11:26:47 PM »
Greg Hunt and the Vans filmers are seriously some of the best dudes using the HPX right now

Plop

« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2016, 11:41:13 PM »
Greg Hunt and the Vans filmers are seriously some of the best dudes using the HPX right now

and Jon Miner!

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2016, 11:58:40 PM »
"Rollerblading."

Cheer up Bobby, at least they stayed away from your spots.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2016, 05:23:37 AM »
Expand Quote
"Rollerblading."

[close]

I can't decide what's more gnarly: Kyle Walker's kinker, or Bobby Puleo's hating.
They're both so sick.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2016, 08:13:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"Rollerblading."

[close]

[close]

I can't decide what's more gnarly: Kyle Walker's kinker, or Bobby Puleo's hating.
They're both so sick.
You can't skate kinked rails for ever, hating is eternal. Bobby wins.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2016, 08:56:28 AM »
Y'all are way to obsessed with Andrew Allen. He does some cool stuff, but overall, his output isn't spectacular. Aside from his backside flip at LA High, I really can't think of much great stuff he's done lately. Are dork tricks like caveman nosegrinds suddenly rad?

Also, even though everybody is going to ignore this point and rage over me making fun of some random slap idol, despite Kyle's hammers, I liked Elijah's part way more. At first I thought Elijah was lame, but he's grown on me, and now I really love his style and trick/spot selection.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 900
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2016, 09:21:12 AM »
AA's Hockey part was sick because he mixed in a lot of crustier and lesser skated LA spots. His skating is powerful and he does some unique gnarly switch stuff. He seems to be one of those dudes that looks like he might slam on every trick which makes it sicker. It seems like he's been coming out with a lot of quality footage in the past two years, more than ever.

I agree on the caveman nosegrinds being bullshit tho.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2016, 09:35:44 AM »
Damn I still haven't seen Made2 or Spirit Quest...sounds like its just as juiced