Author Topic: To all of you who ride indys....  (Read 21884 times)

Dorje Drolo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -56
Re: To all of you who ride indys....
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2019, 06:35:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Gonz, Indy, enough said. I've skated them all an no other truck comes close. It's that simple. Indy for life.
[close]
That’s funny, I always think of gonz = venture.

Thats funny, he's been on Indy for almost 30 years. Here's his 1990 Indy Ad to jog your memory.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2019, 06:55:51 PM »
I think of gonz on venture too.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Dorje Drolo

« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2019, 07:07:29 PM »

Do you still think of Gonz and Vision too because those few years is when he would of rode them. Guess he just wanted to be able to turn so he moved on.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2019, 07:45:58 PM »
Look at this fool, all bent out of shape about his shitty Chinese trucks.  We get it, you’re a slash dog, bro.

halfpikebowlsk8rs

• Rep: -4
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2019, 07:58:43 PM »
Independent are ok. I dont like the no camber straight wobble feeling of them and they are heavy. Indy for life dudes are the worst though unless you get them free, marketing is genius though, the harley davidson of skating.. Venture has the nice spread eagle delay outward camber I like. I play with baseplate and hanger swaps too. I like thunder hangers too. Frankenstein trucks are probably the best.

Dorje Drolo

« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2019, 11:12:51 PM »
Look at this fool, all bent out of shape about his shitty Chinese trucks.  We get it, you’re a slash dog, bro.

Chill kook, nobody's bent out of shape. Just find your Venture Gonz connection funny. Also where do you think Venture/Thunder gets it axles, hangers, nuts, and forged baseplates from.....china. Only thing being done at Ermico is pouring aluminum. If you gonna bang away on your keyboard maybe know what you're talking about. Interesting your new to the board and profile pic has venture hat. Dlx got you working overtime. Also I don't slash, I just like to be able to turn. Fundamental part of skating.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2019, 05:39:38 AM »
Will there ever be a stage 12?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2019, 06:01:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you still think of Gonz and Vision too because those few years is when he would of rode them.

Yes. Always.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2019, 06:53:05 AM »
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2019, 08:29:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Chill kook, nobody's bent out of shape. Just find your Venture Gonz connection funny. Also where do you think Venture/Thunder gets it axles, hangers, nuts, and forged baseplates from.....china. Only thing being done at Ermico is pouring aluminum. If you gonna bang away on your keyboard maybe know what you're talking about. Interesting your new to the board and profile pic has venture hat. Dlx got you working overtime. Also I don't slash, I just like to be able to turn. Fundamental part of skating.
Why’d you delete your other response?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2019, 03:22:30 PM »
Independent are ok. I dont like the no camber straight wobble feeling of them and they are heavy. Indy for life dudes are the worst though unless you get them free, marketing is genius though, the harley davidson of skating.. Venture has the nice spread eagle delay outward camber I like. I play with baseplate and hanger swaps too. I like thunder hangers too. Frankenstein trucks are probably the best.

Does swapping hangers and baseplate fuck up the geo?

Thunder hanger on and Indy baseplate so you get the short wheel base from the Indy baseplate but with a nice light thunder hanger would be tight. But I feel like it would make the geo weird?

Is there a franken-truck thread?

Funky Boy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2019, 04:41:48 PM »

I was diagnosed with stage 12 cancer, and my chemotherapy is core as fuck.
my new purpose in life is to keep you at 0

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2019, 05:01:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice edgy cancer joke. Better keep up that sense of humor for when you or someone you love eventually gets some form of it. Ya fucking asshole.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2019, 05:08:12 PM »
Indy's are okay trucks, but the stigma attached to them of late (especially in the last couple of years) knocks them down the pecking order, imo.

Funky Boy

« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2019, 05:12:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nice edgy cancer joke. Better keep up that sense of humor for when you or someone you love eventually gets some form of it. Ya fucking asshole.

Every time I see Indy's naming convention, it reminds me of cancer diagnoses. Sorry to offend. EDIT: Sorry for the stupid joke. "Sorry to offend" is too close to "I'm sorry if you were offended", one of the worst non-apologies there is.

My dad died from liver cancer, and our family's sense of humor--sometimes dark--got us through some very tough times.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 05:27:04 PM by Funky Boy »

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2019, 05:27:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Every time I see Indy's naming convention, it reminds me of cancer diagnoses. Sorry to offend.

My dad died from liver cancer, and our family's sense of humor--sometimes dark--got us through some very tough times.

Sorry to hear that dude, my dad, cancer as well. I just always thought it was a lame modern slang/joke that only kids think is funny. "haha that gave me cancer", "you have aids", you know what i mean? All good though bro no hard feelings, just think its wack.

Mantis tabogin

• Rep: -7
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »
i only ride grind kings and webs. shits is proper

Funky Boy

« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2019, 08:02:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Every time I see Indy's naming convention, it reminds me of cancer diagnoses. Sorry to offend.

[close]

Sorry to hear that dude, my dad, cancer as well. I just always thought it was a lame modern slang/joke that only kids think is funny. "haha that gave me cancer", "you have aids", you know what i mean? All good though bro no hard feelings, just think its wack.

I hear ya, my man. Sorry for your loss. It's such a fucking bitch of a disease.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #168 on: May 12, 2019, 11:01:42 PM »
If people are concerned about the weight... just get the hollows.

That's what I ride & they're fucking amazing.

Indy Hollow's FTW

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #169 on: May 12, 2019, 11:36:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m not gonna declare it’s open season on cancer jokes but you can either laugh at everything or nothing. Context counts but you can’t rule cancer out of comedy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2019, 12:57:58 AM »
Will there ever be a stage 12? 7 re-issue?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2019, 02:03:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Will there ever be a stage 12? 7 re-issue?
[close]
Stage 7 re issue would be dope as fuck but I'm not going back after trying Ace.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2019, 02:10:52 AM »
You Ace guys are weird. I didn’t like them but I guess we are all different.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #173 on: May 13, 2019, 04:10:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ventures turned like indys did back when Gonz was on.    Why would you think our association of gonz and venture "funny"? -its pretty fuckin arbitrary. -just what comes to mind from 80s Thrasher ads.  The other dude is rite to call you out.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 04:11:57 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2019, 05:55:03 AM »
You Ace guys are weird. I didn’t like them but I guess we are all different.
This is the mindset that skateboarding is lacking lately.
I feel that Venture sucks, they don't turn and for whatever reason the fact that on one side of the base plate there is nothing written it annoys me badly but if you like them that's awesome, just not my cup of tea.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.