Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 65691 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #360 on: September 25, 2021, 02:58:06 PM »
Expand Quote

It was lovely. Hopefully will get another one in today.
[close]

come to annvan

ima pull up tomorrow shroomin

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #361 on: September 25, 2021, 03:08:42 PM »
     My car broke down on my way home from the skate session the other day and I had skate like 4 miles home. Was fun because 3 of those miles were downhill smooth bike path. The last mile is all steep uphill. Wouldve walked but the street was just repaved so I skated up it in record time, alternating feet for pushing so I didn’t get too tired.
    Incredible workout.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1493
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #362 on: September 29, 2021, 09:48:28 AM »
I rub bricked another section of curb the day before so I started out by sweeping off the dust from that since I didn't have my big push broom before. Sprayed a good layer of lacquer over it and went to mess around on the other section while it dried.

Went back to spray another layer and a cop car came pulling into the parking lot right in front of me. I put the can in my cargo pocket and skated away from the curb. Lucky for me, I was wearing one of my old US Navy association shirts to skate in and my car has a veteran license plate. No police lights, nothing. They just turned back around and left me alone.

I finished the second coat and skated some more then went home after spraying a third coat.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 02:51:22 PM by layzieyez »

Masshole

• Rep: 23
« Reply #363 on: September 29, 2021, 10:05:58 AM »
 My last skate sesh was 3 weeks ago tomorrow, and it was going so well. myself and the homie were going off right up to the point where I broke my ankle. Now i'm counting down the days til i can roll around again. Haven't gone this long off board since spring of 2018 i think, so my desire to skate is through the roof

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #364 on: September 29, 2021, 11:58:37 AM »
Finally did a nose manual longer than 3 feet... managed a PB of about 16ft. The level of concentration vs a regular manual is insane.

Got kinda locked into that and didn't end up doing much else, but it was pretty gratifying.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #365 on: September 29, 2021, 03:46:01 PM »
i get that kickflip back tails are easier than regular back tails and a less classy trick overall but all that aside ive been working on them on and off for a while. spent a couple hours today and got like 3 or 4. then after some lady pulled into the spot looking for her lost dog

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -388
« Reply #366 on: September 29, 2021, 04:20:16 PM »
Skating once a month or so in my 40's is really catching up. I wouldn't ollie over knee high bench although I'm sure I can do it relatively easy :( Felt rather pathetic..

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #367 on: September 29, 2021, 07:29:44 PM »
Landed a flatground inward heel and almost got a fakie one. Landed a front heel over the hip for the first time.

mushroom slice

« Reply #368 on: October 03, 2021, 07:50:21 PM »
Tried switch fs popshuv to fakie nose manual for a while on the manual curb. Nose scrape city :(I’m in the back seat:( Tomorrow think I’ll try them to fakie manual instead see if I can get on top of it better. 

drcroc

« Reply #369 on: October 03, 2021, 09:27:18 PM »
Pushed a little... Did a couple tic tacs. First time on a board in well over a year.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1423
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #370 on: October 03, 2021, 11:14:46 PM »
had some fun skating a tight little kidney bowl at an indoor skatepark. got some nice speed, fs coping slashes, bs tile rides in the deeper part felt good.

then because I was supposed to be working on a paper, I pushed around town and skated these ledges that start low and have a higher drop. They're concrete and haven't been rub bricked in a long time, so they skated like shit. Almost had a few bs board slides into the street. At the same spot, I was messing with some 180 boneless over a 4 foot flat gap to tail stall one a hip high block. did a little hill bomb to the center of town where the streets were closed for an event and kept riding under the police barriers (too high for a hippy jump). Skated around the center a few times before pushing back to my car. Driving home I saw that the outdoor park was empty and since the sun was out and I had a paper to write, I pulled over and pushed around for a bit. Had fun carving the janky snake bowl thing. Ended up doing a pair of moving splits while trying to 5050 the long box after skating more than I have in a really, really long time. Riding splits sucks and really mess with the inner front groin. At least I had fun and got some good body work done when I got home  ;D ;)
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #371 on: October 04, 2021, 03:04:00 AM »
good day at the spot. still gotta find a wallie thing

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #372 on: October 04, 2021, 03:33:07 AM »
Got real close to roll away from a switch pop shuv to 50/50 on a ridiculously low curb. Also, bs 50/50s on the same curb are getting more and more comfy.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #373 on: October 04, 2021, 07:23:51 AM »
I didn’t have a bad sesh per se, but I filmed some shit I like doing and when I saw the footage I wasn’t really feeling it… not easy to look good on the board at 42

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FS_Overcrook

• Rep: 10
« Reply #374 on: October 04, 2021, 08:25:14 AM »
Had a really good session at my local. Tried doing noseblunts on a butter box and landed two but they weren't locked in all the way. On the third attempt I came at a sharper angle and tried to really lock it in but slipped out and crunched my ankle with a popping noise. I've been out for three weeks this Wednesday giving it a rest.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #375 on: October 04, 2021, 12:16:14 PM »
Had a really good session at my local. Tried doing noseblunts on a butter box and landed two but they weren't locked in all the way. On the third attempt I came at a sharper angle and tried to really lock it in but slipped out and crunched my ankle with a popping noise. I've been out for three weeks this Wednesday giving it a rest.

What a shame, hope you‘ll get well soon.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #376 on: October 04, 2021, 12:23:36 PM »
Every sesh are a good moment, even the bad ones

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #377 on: October 04, 2021, 02:44:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It was lovely. Hopefully will get another one in today.
[close]

come to annvan
[close]

ima pull up tomorrow shroomin

damn I'm late too seeing these but thank you for the invite guys. I've actually never skated AnnVan. Lots of my buddies like it so I'm hoping to change that soon.

My last session (or last two) kind of weren't my most fun. I'm someone who needs to skate 3-4 times a week for my legs to be feeling normal. Had two busy work weeks back to back and in between those I spent a weekend visiting family so not much skating. Yesterday, I went to a skate park really early and there was a whole gang of roller bladers (like 20 or something) which was kind of neat because I can't remember the last time I saw roller bladers. They waxed a lot of things so I didn't really skate much of the ledges. I took my cruiser out and had fun just doing my normal/warm up go to's on an odd shape. Even on the days your legs don't feel normal it's still the best. Skateboarding is fun.

I agree with this statement from snake

Every sesh are a good moment, even the bad ones

cky enthusiast

« Reply #378 on: October 04, 2021, 03:07:39 PM »
that time was my first time and it was a fuckin blast. make the trip if/when you can.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2021, 04:03:40 PM »
twilight carve and slash

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2021, 04:48:20 PM »
1st day after a few days of rain. early morning i swept the spot clear of wet leaves and broke my shitty dollar store broom. evening sesh though. anyway this elderly man who lives across the street from the spot has a gf so i was stoked for him

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 286
« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2021, 06:47:02 PM »
The city opened a new skatepark so the street spot/plaza I usually skate cleared out of kids and randos. For an old dude like me, it's quite nice.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #383 on: October 07, 2021, 03:49:52 PM »
powersliding through leaves yesterday and today. touched a squirrel today so im stoked

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #384 on: October 07, 2021, 07:12:13 PM »
Broke my board doing a fakie tre. It was good to land it, I hadn't landed one in a long time, like 10 years.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #385 on: October 08, 2021, 05:00:58 AM »
wiped myself out on a nollie FS bigspin, you know those bails where you go to put a foot on the floor but you end up back on the board instead... fun times!

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #386 on: October 08, 2021, 10:35:13 AM »
All the dudes at the spot were goin crazy today and it was super sick to watch. I was not going crazy, but I also landed my first board slide (at the ripe old age of 26 and on a parking block...)

I also donate a tonne of gear to the skateshop, and I think I had my first experience of seeing something I donated out in the wild. Little homie was rippin on a set of 58 og classics that looked familiar and it warmed my cold heart.

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #387 on: October 09, 2021, 10:08:07 PM »
Slipped out on a patch of wet asphalt and tore my pants on a very nearly stylish manual turnaround maneuver. Also scratched through to the axle on my back truck
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 11:24:26 PM by beandemon »

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #388 on: October 10, 2021, 12:35:04 PM »
yolandis broom

JimmyCarlinsJumpRope

• Rep: 4
« Reply #389 on: October 10, 2021, 02:08:51 PM »
I missed about 100 front tail bigspins, and then laid in the pond for about an hour in the dark.

Pond has no water, it’s the skate spot.