Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237156 times)

Eric Dolphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1470 on: November 18, 2021, 04:38:37 PM »
Not sure if this is the best thread but, does anyone have experience with dyeing pants? I want to dye my deep blue 93s black but do not want the dye to effect the yellow tag and pocket dude. Would this be possible?
What is the yellow tag made of?
If you use dylon dye, it will only be absorbed by certain materials, like cotton, or a leather tag. Most stitching will be synthetic so it won't change color. I had some black and white striped Polar cargoes that i dyed black, the stitching was white and didn't change, which looks great.
I've dyed and redyed a lot of stuff black and the only item that had cotton stitching that changed colour was a denim jacket from the 70's or 80's. Everything else I've dyed, the stitching / embroidery didn't change.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1471 on: November 18, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Not sure if this is the best thread but, does anyone have experience with dyeing pants? I want to dye my deep blue 93s black but do not want the dye to effect the yellow tag and pocket dude. Would this be possible?
[close]
What is the yellow tag made of?
If you use dylon dye, it will only be absorbed by certain materials, like cotton, or a leather tag. Most stitching will be synthetic so it won't change color. I had some black and white striped Polar cargoes that i dyed black, the stitching was white and didn't change, which looks great.
I've dyed and redyed a lot of stuff black and the only item that had cotton stitching that changed colour was a denim jacket from the 70's or 80's. Everything else I've dyed, the stitching / embroidery didn't change.

I believe it’s synthetic so I’ll give the dye a go! Thanks for the response man!

Shuvbruv

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1472 on: November 18, 2021, 05:37:37 PM »
Anyone try CCS Original Relaxed Denim pants? They seem to have a nice amount of bagginess in the photos. Can't find any online reviews though. I wish there were more baggy jeans under like $50.

Bror

• Rep: 23
« Reply #1473 on: November 29, 2021, 06:28:46 AM »
Not a pant but anyone tried the butter goods apple shorts and know if theyre as big as the jeans version in the waist?

I tried the World & santosuosso jeans in W34 and they were pretty big at the waist meanwhile the size chart on the shorts says 86-91cm.

Why is it so hard to find the sizings for their stuff?

Goblinoid

• Rep: 24
« Reply #1474 on: November 30, 2021, 12:53:10 PM »
Not a pant but anyone tried the butter goods apple shorts and know if theyre as big as the jeans version in the waist?

I tried the World & santosuosso jeans in W34 and they were pretty big at the waist meanwhile the size chart on the shorts says 86-91cm.

Why is it so hard to find the sizings for their stuff?

Yea their sizing is annoying. I have the Apple pants in 34 and that waist size fit closer to the 32 Santosuosso. Imagine the shorts would be similar. I'd bet that you could do the shorts in a 34

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1475 on: December 01, 2021, 06:18:57 AM »
Anyone know which Carhartt pants these are at 3:11? https://youtu.be/mZEVi6EvJPc?t=191

Daniel

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1476 on: December 02, 2021, 08:48:21 AM »
Saw Vince touz rocking the 550s, got a recent/modern pair and they don’t taper as aggressively as the vintage ones. Managed to find 2 pairs of 560s one orange label and one pre 2000s and both fit loose/baggy at the thigh and taper perfectly. Curious if any other brands compare in fit, some of the stuff brad cromer wears looks similar…

sadnocomply

• Rep: 148
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1477 on: December 02, 2021, 08:51:28 AM »
My god the winter polar skate co clothing drop looks absolutely fantastic. Not a big boy fan, but those purple grund chinos & 44! Cords in every color have my name all over them. Don’t be silly and buy them full price at launch slappals. Wait til we get the Christmas 20% off sales in the sales threads - then we can all go brazy!

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1478 on: December 02, 2021, 09:38:59 AM »
My god the winter polar skate co clothing drop looks absolutely fantastic. Not a big boy fan, but those purple grund chinos & 44! Cords in every color have my name all over them. Don’t be silly and buy them full price at launch slappals. Wait til we get the Christmas 20% off sales in the sales threads - then we can all go brazy!

Link?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1479 on: December 02, 2021, 10:16:09 AM »
Saw Vince touz rocking the 550s, got a recent/modern pair and they don’t taper as aggressively as the vintage ones. Managed to find 2 pairs of 560s one orange label and one pre 2000s and both fit loose/baggy at the thigh and taper perfectly. Curious if any other brands compare in fit, some of the stuff brad cromer wears looks similar…

I think Cromer was wearing Silvertabs for a while, but I believe he's been wearing the Butter Goods Philly jeans a lot recently.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1480 on: December 02, 2021, 10:22:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Cromer was wearing Silvertabs for a while, but I believe he's been wearing the Butter Goods Philly jeans a lot recently.

He also posted an IG story of a HUF tag on some denim in the style of blind. I am hoping he has a signature jean coming out
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

sadnocomply

• Rep: 148
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1481 on: December 02, 2021, 10:44:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Link?
seasons skateshop has some new polar stuff posted up and blacksheep skateshop had the entire drop posted last night - only to be taken down this morning. Should see everything around midnight tonight on most shops or parade

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1482 on: December 02, 2021, 02:34:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He also posted an IG story of a HUF tag on some denim in the style of blind. I am hoping he has a signature jean coming out

Talked to him in the IG dms recently through his vintage clothes account and he's been wearing mostly silvertabs and also the philly denim. I also saw that huf label he posted. Definitely hoping to get a huf pant from him. They should do a Carl and Cromer signature denim pack with a short video to go with it. A dream

Daniel

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1483 on: December 02, 2021, 08:12:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Talked to him in the IG dms recently through his vintage clothes account and he's been wearing mostly silvertabs and also the philly denim. I also saw that huf label he posted. Definitely hoping to get a huf pant from him. They should do a Carl and Cromer signature denim pack with a short video to go with it. A dream

Any link to the huf labeled denim? That would be tight for him to drop a signature Jean. What fit of silvertab does he wear? Been looking at the loose fits…

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 67
« Reply #1484 on: December 03, 2021, 01:57:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Link?

Not sure how useful it is for you American dudes, but Flatspot has a fair chunk of the new pants:

https://www.flatspot.com/collections/polar/category_trousers

The pant situation is out of control at this point

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #1485 on: December 03, 2021, 05:19:44 AM »
Anyone here have any recommendations for fat folks with naturally pre-existing thunder thighs underneath? I'm built like Andrew Allen and also can't keep the extra weight off me. I need some chinos or "normal" looking flat front pant of some kind that can accommodate my weight and build. I'll even take a thin ripstop/hiking pant material for winter if that's my only option. All my pants are just becoming kinda uncomfortable at this point. 

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #1486 on: December 03, 2021, 08:38:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Link?
[close]

Not sure how useful it is for you American dudes, but Flatspot has a fair chunk of the new pants:

https://www.flatspot.com/collections/polar/category_trousers
It looks like the US Polar site hasn't gotten a lot of the collection yet, probably due to shipping delays or something

https://usa.polarskateco.com/collections/winter-21-apparel

Union Skateshop has some big boys, 93s, grund chinos, and the new 92s on their site. Almost copped the black cord big boys last night but slept on them, and they're already sold out  :o might wait to get those or the rust ones.

https://www.unionskates.com/shop

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #1487 on: December 05, 2021, 10:43:32 AM »
Just got the enjoi fader denim at work, these have to be some of the cheapest, most ill fitting pants I’ve ever tried on. They look like they were made by someone who just learned to sew. Really amateur looking stitching and details, and unless you hike your pants up to your tits, there’s no way you could skate in these. They’re very restrictive, no range of movement. They’re a few bucks cheaper, but I honestly wouldn’t take these if they were free.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1488 on: December 05, 2021, 02:37:38 PM »
Got some Krooked Eyes pants and they’re sick. Nicer material than surf pants, fit great and shit doesn’t feel weird in the pockets.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
« Reply #1489 on: December 05, 2021, 07:58:55 PM »
New Butter Goods lookbook and preview for their Winter line, some good pants in there. I like the light purple jeans a lot.

https://buttergoods.com/blogs/q4-2021-delivery-two-preview

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1490 on: December 05, 2021, 10:45:53 PM »
The ones I've seen look similar quality to polar....decent...

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 93
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #1491 on: December 06, 2021, 06:11:25 AM »
For anyone in Europe, the Magenta baggy pants are great. I've got the acid wash ones
https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skate-clothing-c9/jeans-chinos-c26/og-denim-pants-acid-wash-p55798

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #1492 on: December 06, 2021, 06:56:01 AM »
Just got the enjoi fader denim at work, these have to be some of the cheapest, most ill fitting pants I’ve ever tried on. They look like they were made by someone who just learned to sew. Really amateur looking stitching and details, and unless you hike your pants up to your tits, there’s no way you could skate in these. They’re very restrictive, no range of movement. They’re a few bucks cheaper, but I honestly wouldn’t take these if they were free.

Lol, I got a couple because I didn’t want to pair that much for BIg Boys, my mistake, I ripped the light blue ones first day in the crotch, super restricted up top, and the leg opening is too big
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #1493 on: December 06, 2021, 10:08:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lol, I got a couple because I didn’t want to pair that much for BIg Boys, my mistake, I ripped the light blue ones first day in the crotch, super restricted up top, and the leg opening is too big

I was honestly shocked at the low quality/fit. I get that a lot of the new baggy pants are meant to be worn a bit higher, but I couldn't move in the fader unless I literally pulled them up so high that the crotch was cramping my nuts.

There's a key technique to providing range of movement in pants design, and it's crucial for baggy pants because of the longer rise/lower crotch. I figured it out in 1992 after about 2 samples.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1494 on: December 06, 2021, 10:21:08 AM »

anon

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1495 on: December 06, 2021, 10:25:25 AM »

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #1496 on: December 06, 2021, 06:45:04 PM »
Tactics……makes pants now.
https://www.tactics.com/tactics/pants
I read this in a very funny way and just figured I should share.

Read it with the same emphasis(inflection?) as you would say Dan drohobl(fuck it I’m not googling it)’s name.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1497 on: December 06, 2021, 10:40:31 PM »
I'm not buying into any pants with a drawstring.....it's like the flex fit of pants....

Same goes for any elastic bunching.....unless you a toddler, they have no place in waistbands....

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1498 on: December 07, 2021, 12:19:20 AM »
I'm not buying into any pants with a drawstring.....it's like the flex fit of pants....

Same goes for any elastic bunching.....unless you a toddler, they have no place in waistbands....

total opposite here. the older i get, the more i want a flexible waist and no fly that i might leave open. i now basically live in cheap sweatpants, but honestly, with the black one people just think its a regular black pant.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #1499 on: December 07, 2021, 04:25:39 AM »

ok dripless.