Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237145 times)

truthislie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 59
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1620 on: January 30, 2022, 05:41:08 AM »
So I finally got a pair of 93’s and they are super good. But they are definitely not “baggy”. I wish there was something in the middle between Big Boys and 93’s. And I can’t go up a size either cause I’m at xl and 36 to fit properly. Anyway, first world problems huh.

For me that was the Polar 90s jeans back when they first started getting baggier. They should really make them again imo.

Cariuma Executive

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1621 on: January 30, 2022, 06:32:56 AM »
I picked up a pair of dungarees recently and the fit is great. Definitely on the baggier side but the material feels like it would stop a bullet.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1622 on: January 30, 2022, 08:32:07 AM »
I noticed Uniqlo and the Gap now have loose fit….we have a way to go until the skinny Jean is eradicated….

kelbywest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1623 on: January 30, 2022, 07:06:25 PM »
Anyone got recommendations for some nice chinos that fit similar to dickies 874s or Polar 90s/92! denim? I'm looking for something soft and comfy. I tried the Vans authentic relaxed fit chinos but they're...not so relaxed.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1624 on: January 30, 2022, 08:05:53 PM »
Anyone got recommendations for some nice chinos that fit similar to dickies 874s or Polar 90s/92! denim? I'm looking for something soft and comfy. I tried the Vans authentic relaxed fit chinos but they're...not so relaxed.

Lexi’s xx chino ez waist. Nice and loose with taper and a draw string. Size up for baggyness

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1625 on: January 30, 2022, 09:05:22 PM »

Check out RVCA Americana pants. I had a couple pairs. Really liked them. Only pants I can think of that have a similar fit to the 874’s

suhdude

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1626 on: January 31, 2022, 05:44:59 AM »
So I finally got a pair of 93’s and they are super good. But they are definitely not “baggy”. I wish there was something in the middle between Big Boys and 93’s. And I can’t go up a size either cause I’m at xl and 36 to fit properly. Anyway, first world problems huh.

I think it can depend person to person, especially if you come from wearing something a bit more regular fitting. I went from Dickies 874s and then into 550's and 93's, so the difference took a little getting used to. For me the 93's are a perfect fit for someone that wants a loose fitting pant to easily move around in.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #1627 on: January 31, 2022, 05:53:05 AM »

What do you mean by that? Not relaxed as in too slim?

I have a pair of authentic chinos that are super comfy but just a tad slimmer than I prefer. Was thinking of getting the relaxed fits to remedy that. They also have a loose fit but the pics don't look very different.

kelbywest

« Reply #1628 on: January 31, 2022, 06:55:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have a pair of authentic chinos that are super comfy but just a tad slimmer than I prefer. Was thinking of getting the relaxed fits to remedy that. They also have a loose fit but the pics don't look very different.

Yes, sorry. They're too slim in my opinion. I considered the loose but these were apart of the Skate Warehouse 30% sale and they were already marked down to $41 to begin with. Sucks they didn't work out but is what it is.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #1629 on: January 31, 2022, 10:40:04 AM »
Found that a size up in Loose fit Wrangler 5-Star jeans had been perfectly roomy without being overly baggy, just boxy enough to move around in easily

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1630 on: January 31, 2022, 11:18:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yes, sorry. They're too slim in my opinion. I considered the loose but these were apart of the Skate Warehouse 30% sale and they were already marked down to $41 to begin with. Sucks they didn't work out but is what it is.

ah that's too bad. My go-to chino is a sized up 874 (which I'm sure some people will say aren't baggy enough but they're plenty for me, haha) but I wouldn't mind some variety.

suhdude

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1631 on: February 01, 2022, 01:19:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

ah that's too bad. My go-to chino is a sized up 874 (which I'm sure some people will say aren't baggy enough but they're plenty for me, haha) but I wouldn't mind some variety.

Try Carhartt WIP Simple pants. They are like a soft uncreased/starched 874 with a button enclosure that doesn't instantly come undone like on Dickies (I'm skinny AF) and they have a nice relaxed fit with the slightest of tapers right at the bottom hem.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #1632 on: February 01, 2022, 02:07:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Try Carhartt WIP Simple pants. They are like a soft uncreased/starched 874 with a button enclosure that doesn't instantly come undone like on Dickies (I'm skinny AF) and they have a nice relaxed fit with the slightest of tapers right at the bottom hem.
i have a couple pairs of simple pants both in chino and jeans and they're great! i like the little taper.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1633 on: February 02, 2022, 11:23:57 AM »
I just looked up those simple chinos and they look great.

Do y'all size up on your Carharrts? For Dickies it's pretty much a given.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1634 on: February 02, 2022, 11:38:07 AM »

I have 5 pairs of simple pants and I stay true to size. Check Grailed they're always on there for cheap.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #1635 on: February 02, 2022, 11:42:15 AM »
I keep going back to my big boys. I put the 93’s on but it just doesn’t feel right. Will probably sell/trade them. Any Australian Pals wanna trade a pair of black 36 93’s for something?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1636 on: February 02, 2022, 11:44:43 AM »

i only size up in the workwear, because to me it feels like they run small or at least shrink a bit after washing. got b51s or what they are called, the double knees. wip stuff always was more of as close to tts as possible. i got wip cargos, those fit wider at the waste than the workwear pants in the same waste size. but i oversize on all my pants. i am like a true 30 waist, but i generally wear 32. in terms of how wide the same size waist fits i'd go with this ranking from wide to narrow:

wip>dickies>carhartt workwear

but that's only my experience. so you could give it a tts shot, if you don't want to go overtly baggy.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1637 on: February 02, 2022, 11:45:57 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]

I have 5 pairs of simple pants and I stay true to size. Check Grailed they're always on there for cheap.
Expand Quote

[close]

i only size up in the workwear, because to me it feels like they run small or at least shrink a bit after washing. got b51s or what they are called, the double knees. wip stuff always was more of as close to tts as possible. i got wip cargos, those fit wider at the waste than the workwear pants in the same waste size. but i oversize on all my pants. i am like a true 30 waist, but i generally wear 32. in terms of how wide the same size waist fits i'd go with this ranking from wide to narrow:

wip>dickies>carhartt workwear

but that's only my experience. so you could give it a tts shot, if you don't want to go overtly baggy.

good to know. Thanks y'all  :)

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #1638 on: February 02, 2022, 04:25:23 PM »
I keep going back to my big boys. I put the 93’s on but it just doesn’t feel right. Will probably sell/trade them. Any Australian Pals wanna trade a pair of black 36 93’s for something?

Ship to Japan?
How much were you thinking?
DM me if you’re interested
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

nekro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1639 on: February 05, 2022, 05:13:04 AM »
What's the difference between Polar 92 and 93 jeans?

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #1640 on: February 06, 2022, 11:38:09 AM »
What's the difference between Polar 92 and 93 jeans?
This was discussed in depth a few pages back, but essentially the 92s are a more tapered version of the 93s. There's a bunch of fit pics if you look back at this thread!

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #1641 on: February 06, 2022, 02:17:42 PM »
If you don’t need pockets my daughter’s Taekwondo pants are fire. She feels silly in them but the fit is killer and the fabric is like Dickies 50/50 blend. I think you can find them in black.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #1642 on: February 08, 2022, 12:22:09 PM »
Anyone know what the length of the polar 44 pants is like? I think the 93s 34x34 fit me good, and the 34x32 are way too short. Is it the same with 44s?

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -48
« Reply #1643 on: February 08, 2022, 01:25:14 PM »
I'd go with the 874 flex if you haven't tried them. When I first got them, they had a nice loose fit but now that they shrank, they feel slim.

As a result, I tried the Rothco vintage Vietnam issue and I love them. I love these so much after wear shoddy poly/cotton pants for a while. You can't beat 100% cotton baggy bdu for skating.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1644 on: February 08, 2022, 01:30:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For me that was the Polar 90s jeans back when they first started getting baggier. They should really make them again imo.

Agreed, Polar 90s fit my leg type (athletic) pretty well and still allow tons of room and movement. There's still some avaliable on depop for around $60-80, but obviously that second hand stock will dry up.

« Reply #1645 on: February 10, 2022, 06:32:55 AM »
Question for those who wear Volcom frickin modern pants. I am looking for something similar but with a better waist sizing (?). I am typically a 34 but those pants in that size end up fitting me like a pair of wranglers (too fitted on my butt), and my pairs of 36 fit great all around except I need a belt or they will fall. What alternatives do yall suggest to get? What a similar pants brand/style?

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #1646 on: February 11, 2022, 09:03:12 AM »
Just got the quasi utility pant and like the material a lot. It’s a nice medium weight canvas with good sized pockets. I went up 2 sizes (32 waist, I got 36s) and I’m very happy with the fit. Perfect taper. Overall, would recommend.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #1647 on: February 11, 2022, 09:21:09 AM »
Just got the quasi utility pant and like the material a lot. It’s a nice medium weight canvas with good sized pockets. I went up 2 sizes (32 waist, I got 36s) and I’m very happy with the fit. Perfect taper. Overall, would recommend.
How is the length ? I'm tempted but they seem high-water in pictures and I'm not about that. Would you post a partial fit ?

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #1648 on: February 11, 2022, 09:44:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How is the length ? I'm tempted but they seem high-water in pictures and I'm not about that. Would you post a partial fit ?

I’ll try to post a fit later today (having some difficulties uploading photos recently, idk why). But for now I can confidently say they are not high-waters.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #1649 on: February 11, 2022, 01:53:15 PM »
Got my Polar 93s. I feel like I am back in 93.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro