Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8721601 times)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #51630 on: March 24, 2024, 09:42:17 AM »
take the logo off them zoo yorks and they would
look pretty cool tbh
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

ToySanta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #51631 on: March 24, 2024, 09:55:16 AM »

Lakai x Public enemy Q4 2024

Well we’re just gonna live long enough to see everything, ain’t we.

DanRar009

• Rep: 54
« Reply #51632 on: March 24, 2024, 05:34:02 PM »
Expand Quote

Lakai x Public enemy Q4 2024
[close]

Well we’re just gonna live long enough to see everything, ain’t we.

I kinda like the colorway of the Telford. For sure I would cut off the public enemy logo in the tongue and take the thing off the shoelaces

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #51633 on: March 24, 2024, 06:49:37 PM »
Lakai’s age is showing with that one. I don’t know anybody under 25 who knows public enemy.

I’m a big gatekeeper of music so this pleases me
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 26
« Reply #51634 on: March 25, 2024, 12:41:27 AM »
Public Enemy Owen Slippers?? Need those!… said no one ever.

Who the fuck is running this company? Is it a joke at this point?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #51635 on: March 25, 2024, 05:55:00 AM »
With lakai, none of these license deals feel right. Black Sabbath, Pacifico, the Pharcyde, now public enemy?

In general I think all the brands need to pull back on this type of stuff.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #51636 on: March 25, 2024, 06:00:58 AM »
With lakai, none of these license deals feel right. Black Sabbath, Pacifico, the Pharcyde, now public enemy?

In general I think all the brands need to pull back on this type of stuff.

Sam Smyth Flavor Flav Halloween costume was the last time these two things came together

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #51637 on: March 25, 2024, 06:48:59 AM »
Public Enemy Owen Slippers?? Need those!… said no one ever.

Who the fuck is running this company? Is it a joke at this point?
HUF operates Lakai.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #51638 on: March 25, 2024, 08:41:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Lakai’s age is showing with that one. I don’t know anybody under 25 who knows public enemy.
[close]

I’m a big gatekeeper of music so this pleases me

It’s wild. Late 80s early 90s is to 2020’s what the 60s and 70s were to the 2000’s.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #51639 on: March 25, 2024, 08:49:22 AM »
Lena Dunham...Public Enemy...who's next, The Brian Setzer Orchestra?

@bolts_the_snowman on IG

• Rep: -133
« Reply #51640 on: March 25, 2024, 09:34:46 AM »

I’m 24 and I listened to the Benny bennassi pump-Kin remix of “Bring the Noise” when I was 8. I also played a level on guitar hero 5 which is the rap rock remix of the same song when I was like 10 or 11. This would be many of Gen Z’s introduction to the rap group.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #51641 on: March 25, 2024, 11:10:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m 24 and I listened to the Benny bennassi pump-Kin remix of “Bring the Noise” when I was 8. I also played a level on guitar hero 5 which is the rap rock remix of the same song when I was like 10 or 11. This would be many of Gen Z’s introduction to the rap group.
Benny Bennassi corning up those hard ass Bomb Squad mixes makes me pretty fucking sad. Bring the Noise was burnt since the Anthrax cover though so maybe it was inevitable
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2267
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51642 on: March 25, 2024, 01:38:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I have purchased the Etnies Snake from the skateboarding shop Zumiez.  Will report back once they’re received and skated…
[close]
why would you buy from zumiez and not a local
[close]

Probably because no local has or carries etnies. Quick google search and the only 2 places I found the snakes listed on were etnies actual website and zumiez.
[close]
The snakes should be hitting local shops a little bit closer to the end of the month.

Damn super wack the Snake rollout is like that. Dropping at Zumiez first and then core shops later? Even when Etnies does what they should have been doing forever by releasing some of their classic shoes in their original form they gotta blow it somehow like early release at Zumiez. Seriously who shops at Zumiez who wants a pair of Etnies Snakes?

Then again they were offered to our shop and we didn't get them because we knew they wouldn't sell so maybe they're doing the right thing.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #51643 on: March 25, 2024, 02:01:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I have purchased the Etnies Snake from the skateboarding shop Zumiez.  Will report back once they’re received and skated…
[close]
[close]

Probably because no local has or carries etnies. Quick google search and the only 2 places I found the snakes listed on were etnies actual website and zumiez.
[close]
The snakes should be hitting local shops a little bit closer to the end of the month.
[close]

Damn super wack the Snake rollout is like that. Dropping at Zumiez first and then core shops later? Even when Etnies does what they should have been doing forever by releasing some of their classic shoes in their original form they gotta blow it somehow like early release at Zumiez. Seriously who shops at Zumiez who wants a pair of Etnies Snakes?

Then again they were offered to our shop and we didn't get them because we knew they wouldn't sell so maybe they're doing the right thing.

The big box stores keep most of our favorite brands afloat. They have the order numbers. Hell even Hockey is in Zumiez now. Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes to stay alive.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2267
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51644 on: March 25, 2024, 02:08:56 PM »
Yeah but you don't have to release a heritage 90s style that was offered to shops as a "quickstrike" to Zumiez in advance of all the core shops who were not informed at all that was the rollout plan.

Could care less if the shoe itself was in Zumiez but it's lame to give them weeks of selling it before anyone else gets it.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #51645 on: March 25, 2024, 02:17:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

They kinda botched the entire thing in every capacity.

Etnies had a literal counter clock on their website counting down to the release date of the shoe. So one would assume when the clock hit “0” and the official date was reached that the shoe would be available online and in shops, but nope! Thats not at all how the release went.

Instead, it took over a week for the first shop to receive the shoes, and the only shop that receives them is Zumiez.

I want to back Etnies, because I like that shoe, but they’re making it very difficult to get behind them.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

DinnerDog425

• Rep: 15
« Reply #51646 on: March 25, 2024, 02:35:45 PM »
And on the other end of the spectrum Sole Tech quietly released the Heritic for sale with little to no notice.

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 16
« Reply #51647 on: March 25, 2024, 04:44:19 PM »
Yeah but you don't have to release a heritage 90s style that was offered to shops as a "quickstrike" to Zumiez in advance of all the core shops who were not informed at all that was the rollout plan.

Could care less if the shoe itself was in Zumiez but it's lame to give them weeks of selling it before anyone else gets it.

Sole Tech reps bout to getting some slightly angry emails for sure. I also feel bad cuz I doubt Sole Tech even let the Canadian reps know but this is just whack regardless.
After the whole midsole issue with MJ’s I thought Sole Tech woulda realized they gotta up their communication game but clearly they didn’t learn much.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 82
« Reply #51648 on: March 25, 2024, 09:23:30 PM »
Eric Koston Fully Flared part & Public Enemy was sick. The Pharcyde collab is still sitting on clearance at my local. None of their shoes sell. Fingers crossed they don’t book these.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 336
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #51649 on: March 26, 2024, 12:26:47 AM »
I saw a bunch of kids on the bus wearing stuff like Minutemen shirts. I don't think it's a stretch to think people under 25 know who Public Enemy is lol. It's not like they're mad underground. You don't have to put in any effort to even find obscure music now

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #51650 on: March 26, 2024, 03:07:04 AM »
I saw a bunch of kids on the bus wearing stuff like Minutemen shirts. I don't think it's a stretch to think people under 25 know who Public Enemy is lol. It's not like they're mad underground. You don't have to put in any effort to even find obscure music now

the kids 15-18 in my local skatepark listen exactly to the same Music then me in early to mid 90s if I visited
a typical teenager party. (at home myself if was listing to other music)
e.g Nirvana, Dead Moon, Pharcyde, Warren G, Marley etc. etc.

my daughter which is 15 the same, it's  rare that she hears something new that I don't know - usually it's 20-30 year old stuff.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #51651 on: March 26, 2024, 11:36:04 AM »
the musician collabs are almost always corny. the telfords aren't bad and the slippers are funny. i had these in my warped tour days

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 339
« Reply #51652 on: March 26, 2024, 02:48:48 PM »
I thought those were Dekline's ^
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #51653 on: March 26, 2024, 03:10:33 PM »
They look a lot better than the Pharcyde stuff. Still weird.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #51654 on: March 27, 2024, 03:09:56 AM »
I remember Lakai having meetings with Andre Nickatina for a collab shoe. Don’t remember why it fell through. I think Carroll talks about it on the Nine Club?

Would’ve definitely bought some of those. Lakai’s don’t fit my wide feet, but I would’ve made them work just because I’ve always been a big Nickatina fan.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #51655 on: March 27, 2024, 06:49:57 AM »
I remember Lakai having meetings with Andre Nickatina for a collab shoe. Don’t remember why it fell through. I think Carroll talks about it on the Nine Club?

Would’ve definitely bought some of those. Lakai’s don’t fit my wide feet, but I would’ve made them work just because I’ve always been a big Nickatina fan.
just buy some Killa Whales

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #51656 on: March 27, 2024, 09:05:51 AM »

Axel colorway coming in hot

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #51657 on: March 27, 2024, 09:11:49 AM »

Remember how he left NB before it went next level to join vans Europe just before it dropped down.   Axel Cooler

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #51658 on: March 27, 2024, 09:14:28 AM »

aww yeah reminds me of these from 2013

good come sausage

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #51659 on: March 27, 2024, 10:53:41 AM »
I don’t hate that Axel colorway, but it’s probably because it feels un-Vanslike.

Didn’t somebody here state that Axel hasn’t really been skating recently, and was kind of over it?
Do you get deja vu, huh?