Author Topic: Who here has the biggest ice vault  (Read 4433 times)

ish_wav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 100
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Who here has the biggest ice vault
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2023, 08:15:07 AM »
I think I have at least ten pairs of trucks I bought and didn’t like. I’ve got about 6 decks and 13 sheets of grip. I don’t really have any extra sets of bearings or wheels though.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2023, 08:23:51 AM »
Trucks are the heart and soul of a skateboard. So having tons on ice seems wild to me. Nothing changes the feel of a setup more than a different brand of trucks.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 689
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2023, 09:03:18 AM »
Trucks are the heart and soul of a skateboard. So having tons on ice seems wild to me. Nothing changes the feel of a setup more than a different brand of trucks.

trucks are the hardest thing for me to find on sale it seems... i am going to need a new set soon as well. planning on riding these to hangar failure. i have almost grinded through the top washer. i may end up grabbing an extra set of trucks next time to put on ice if i see a good price and for spitfires as well.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2023, 09:07:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

trucks are the hardest thing for me to find on sale it seems... i am going to need a new set soon as well. planning on riding these to hangar failure. i have almost grinded through the top washer. i may end up grabbing an extra set of trucks next time to put on ice if i see a good price and for spitfires as well.

Really? I guess it depends on what you skate, because if you skate Indy, Venture or Thunder, it seems like the usual suspects (CCS, Skate Warehouse, etc.) have been blowing them out for ~$40/set since 2021.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2023, 10:47:30 AM »
21 pairs of laced? :0
[/quote]

I was a big fan, plus they seem to constantly be on sale over here

Lhotse’s Pit of Death

• Rep: -425
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2023, 11:35:01 AM »
I like dunk highs so I stock up when I can find them in a shop for MSRP. I have about 27 pairs of highs and some lows on ice.

MC3

• Rep: 133
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2023, 12:07:29 PM »
Expand Quote

Wheels, on the other hand, I have 2 sets of F4s (55 radial, 54 conical full) and I want to try radial fulls, strictly cuz I think they look cool.... why does my madness only affect my wheels?
[close]

Radial fulls are so damn fun. I put 56's on 66 AF1s and a Black Label egg, things a beast but i love that set-up so much

You convinced me, I bought some yesterday and skated a crusty spot I never skate anymore better than I have ever. So much fun
(Cool Trick GIF)

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2023, 01:06:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Wheels, on the other hand, I have 2 sets of F4s (55 radial, 54 conical full) and I want to try radial fulls, strictly cuz I think they look cool.... why does my madness only affect my wheels?
[close]

Radial fulls are so damn fun. I put 56's on 66 AF1s and a Black Label egg, things a beast but i love that set-up so much
[close]

You convinced me, I bought some yesterday and skated a crusty spot I never skate anymore better than I have ever. So much fun

Hell yeah! I love em on street if I'm not worried about getting tech and just doing east coast/PNW-style crusty cruising. Don't gain much advantage in the park unless I'm in the big bowl
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2023, 01:48:13 PM »
I found the perfect popsicle shape for me so I bought a couple backups but after recently retiring the first one, of course I set up a smaller board with different trucks instead of running it back  :o

Always gonna have an extra pair or two of Ace Classic 55s around though. They’re my favorite trucks ever and I have my doubts about how long they’ll be around.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2023, 02:05:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

[/quote] nice! People either love or hate that shoe it seems, have you tied the newer version with the heel tab?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2023, 06:14:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

nice! People either love or hate that shoe it seems, have you tied the newer version with the heel tab?
[/quote]

I haven’t tried the new laced, but I’ve had slip ons with the heel pillow, it’s a nice addition, but I did chop mine off once the shoes broke in.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2023, 11:25:49 PM »
2 Lucero Tugboats,
1 Heroin 9.5 double shovel
1 set of Rollersurfer X97s
And a hardly skated Scram punk point.

2 pairs of canvas LRs
1 pair canvas Vans authentics
2 pairs vegan Servants (Swedish shoe company that went under l)

Also have a Christmas complete waiting for me to pick up back in Canada
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2023, 11:44:14 PM »
2 Lucero Tugboats,

Wasn’t Mike V on them at one point ?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2023, 12:09:21 AM »
Expand Quote
2 Lucero Tugboats,
[close]

Yup
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2023, 01:39:52 AM »
Expand Quote
2 Lucero Tugboats,
[close]

Yeah, but not his model. Truthfully, they are really nicely designed shoes, I just normally use vulcs than cupsoles, which these are
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2023, 04:50:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
2 Lucero Tugboats,
[close]

[close]

Yeah, but not his model. Truthfully, they are really nicely designed shoes, I just normally use vulcs than cupsoles, which these are
you gotta bust them out, apparently they were indestructible.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2023, 06:35:51 AM »

Always gonna have an extra pair or two of Ace Classic 55s around though. They’re my favorite trucks ever and I have my doubts about how long they’ll be around.

I feel this one.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 118
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2023, 09:07:58 AM »
Have around 24 pairs of Emerica KSL g6 on ice

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2023, 09:15:12 AM »
This thread is utterly fascinating to me! I have a board, wheels and a pair of shoes on ice - and that’s it. I can’t believe some of these stashes.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2023, 11:10:52 AM »
I wasn’t stock pile keeper pre late 2019. Lockdown made me more so a stock piler, but now I’m running through my stuff on ice. I have a quasi (Justin Henry 1st pro model I had bought a couple of it because I loved the graphic), a snack and a club. All 8.5s. I don’t know if club is still around but if it isn’t and that’s your group of friends I’d be more than happy to part with it. You’d just need to pay shipping.

Shoes I got a 2 pairs of half cabs but I’m going to retire my current ones and start skating one of them soon.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2023, 02:36:06 PM »
I found the perfect popsicle shape for me so I bought a couple backups but after recently retiring the first one, of course I set up a smaller board with different trucks instead of running it back  :o

i need some ace classic 55s. they look sick. i didn’t have the problems that i had with the 44s, which was lack of pop. i swear that truck is different.
plus a certain poster repeatedly posts the sickest looking setups with those and it drives me nuts.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2023, 05:08:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i need some ace classic 55s. they look sick. i didn’t have the problems that i had with the 44s, which was lack of pop. i swear that truck is different.
plus a certain poster repeatedly posts the sickest looking setups with those and it drives me nuts.
are they dead and smelly?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2023, 05:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
are they dead and smelly?

correct.
at this point i’m such a broken record, but there seem to be 5 ish posters that i’m always going to like their setups. runs the gamut.  coexist with the 5.0s on an 8, dead with the 55s on 8.5, bp with 5.8s and a ps stix.

i tend to try so much different stuff, my setups would reek of add thru the screen.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2023, 06:35:58 PM »

This guy takes the crown for now.

Shoes never made sense for me since the glue and rubber degrades so quickly in the heat and humidity of the tropics. I feel slightly better about decks since I will get round to skating them eventually, but its the 1-off impulse buys that caused my stack of decks to creep up. Like bouts of madness that tells me I should give 8.125s / 8.75s / Brand XYZ trucks a shot, despite clearly knowing what size / shape / trucks I like.

Nowadays I just let the cart sit for a few days before I decide to pull the trigger.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -459
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2023, 07:01:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shoes never made sense for me since the glue and rubber degrades so quickly in the heat and humidity of the tropics. I feel slightly better about decks since I will get round to skating them eventually, but its the 1-off impulse buys that caused my stack of decks to creep up. Like bouts of madness that tells me I should give 8.125s / 8.75s / Brand XYZ trucks a shot, despite clearly knowing what size / shape / trucks I like.

Nowadays I just let the cart sit for a few days before I decide to pull the trigger.

aren't boards way more vulnerable to heat and humidity than shoes?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2023, 11:46:54 PM »
and I’m jealous! I have one more pair on ice and then I’m done …

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2023, 12:31:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

aren't boards way more vulnerable to heat and humidity than shoes?

Theoretically that makes sense to me, but I've never had decks warp on me while shoes I've had multiple pairs fall apart.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2023, 02:37:30 AM »
I’ve got glaciers of ice.  Between the madness, OCD and not being able to say no to a good deal, I could open a small shop, and this isn’t even including clothing, smh..
Just off the top of my head, I would say at least a dozen decks ready to skate (not including any collection/wall decks). 7 sets of wheels, and at least six pairs of trucks. I can’t even guess how many shoes I’m sitting on..
The pandy had me shook, I thought there was gonna be a huge supply drought, that’s when I started stockpiling. Then the board price increase had me searching out and deals I could find on BBS wood.
I’ve got more than enough gear to coast into retirement, smh....

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2023, 03:21:55 AM »
Warping and shoes falling apart is a concern. It’s why I plan on swapping gear every month even though I don’t need to. Was gonna keep the same deck until March cause I barely skate in the winter. Same with shoes. But I may as well set something new up. It’ll be nearly 60 degrees here on Christmas.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2023, 04:53:56 AM »
20-30 decks
100+shoes
Gotta have variety