Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 33162 times)

therealnod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #420 on: August 08, 2022, 12:50:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One of my favorite quotes and from the guitarist Adam Jones. But I don’t have any statistics. Statistically speaking though, what would be your success rate of hitting me vs. missing vs. me catching the wine bottles.
[close]
That's what we statisticians would call the data gathering process. I don't know yet, but I'm willing to test it if you are. After a number of trials we'll crunch the numbers. You can certainly quibble about the test conditions, but I think under the circumstances whatever I deem is fair is fair. Statistically speaking, of course. But for real.
[close]

Might as well do it right there by the jail. Fuck it.
[close]
That doesn't really help with the collection process, but it does indicate that you're already crying about it.
You seem to have some kind of focus on sex and incarceration. It seems I may have come across a mind that needs some sort of professional guidance that I lack the expertise to provide. For that I'm sorry.
[close]

Just passing it on, huh?

BRINK

• Rep: -940
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #421 on: August 08, 2022, 01:40:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One of my favorite quotes and from the guitarist Adam Jones. But I don’t have any statistics. Statistically speaking though, what would be your success rate of hitting me vs. missing vs. me catching the wine bottles.
[close]
That's what we statisticians would call the data gathering process. I don't know yet, but I'm willing to test it if you are. After a number of trials we'll crunch the numbers. You can certainly quibble about the test conditions, but I think under the circumstances whatever I deem is fair is fair. Statistically speaking, of course. But for real.
[close]

Might as well do it right there by the jail. Fuck it.
[close]
That doesn't really help with the collection process, but it does indicate that you're already crying about it.
You seem to have some kind of focus on sex and incarceration. It seems I may have come across a mind that needs some sort of professional guidance that I lack the expertise to provide. For that I'm sorry.
[close]

[close]
Just passing it on, huh?

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #422 on: August 08, 2022, 01:50:42 AM »
Not a single pic of a new skatepark directly caused by the Olympics. But you did post a song about anal fisting, so there's that.

BRINK

« Reply #423 on: August 08, 2022, 02:43:14 AM »
Not a single pic of a new skatepark directly caused by the Olympics. But you did post a song about anal fisting, so there's that.

The song “Stinkfist” by Tool is the first track of their 1996 album, Aenima … and employs the use of anal fisting as a metaphor for the human tendency toward desensitization / overstimulation / overconsumption.

The live version has a 60 second extended bridge/guitar solo by Adam Jones that I believe to be one of their finest minutes of music.

They ended their live shows with Stinkfist for a decade or more until the Fear Innoculum tour, where they chose to end with “Invincible,” which I believe to be this album’s “Lateralus” (a track from the 2001 album of the same title, also voted the greatest Tool song of all time by Tool fans via  poll on toolarmy.com), so to speak.

Maynard wrote Lateralus to the Fibonacci sequence. The syllables Maynard sings in the first verse follow the first six numbers in the pattern, ascending and descending in the sequence 1-1-2-3-5-8-5-3. "Black (1), then (1), white are (2), all I see (3), in my infancy (5). Red and yellow then came to be ( 8 ), reaching out to me (5). Lets me see (3)." In the next verse, Maynard begins with the seventh number of the Fibonacci sequence (13), implying a missing verse in between. He descends back down with the following pattern; 13-8-5-3. "As below so above and beyond I imagine (13). Drawn beyond the lines of reason ( 8 ). Push the envelope (5). Watch it bend (3)." The second verse adds the missing line to complete the sequence; "There is (2), so (1), much (1), more that (2), beckons me (3), to look through to these (5), infinite possibilities ( 8 )." 1-1-2-3-5-8-5-3-2-1-1-2-3-5-8-13-8-5-3.

There is a song from Tool’s 1993 album “Undertow” entitled “4 Degrees” that, for a while, some people mistakenly believed was a reference to the difference in temperature between the anus and the rest of the human body, which is obviously not true … and it more likely refers to the amount of degrees the Earth’s temperature will eventually increase, resulting in catastrophic flooding from the melting of the polar ice caps.

Not to be confused with other water hazard related tracks from the same album … the title track “Undertow” as well as “Flood” and “Swamp Song”.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 03:11:48 AM by BRINK »

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #424 on: August 08, 2022, 03:06:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The song “Stinkfist” by Tool is the first track of their 1996 album, Aenima … and employs the use of anal fisting as a metaphor for the human tendency toward desensitization / overstimulation / overconsumption.

The live version has a 60 second extended bridge/guitar solo by Adam Jones that I believe to be one of their finest minutes of music.

They ended their live shows with Stinkfist for a decade or more until the Fear Innoculum tour, where they chose to end with “Invincible,” which I believe to be this album’s “Lateralus” (a track from the 2001 album of the same title, also voted the greatest Tool song of all time by Tool fans via  poll on toolarmy.com), so to speak.

Maynard wrote Lateralus to the Fibonacci sequence. The syllables Maynard sings in the first verse follow the first six numbers in the pattern, ascending and descending in the sequence 1-1-2-3-5-8-5-3. "Black (1), then (1), white are (2), all I see (3), in my infancy (5). Red and yellow then came to be ( 8 ), reaching out to me (5). Lets me see (3)." In the next verse, Maynard begins with the seventh number of the Fibonacci sequence (13), implying a missing verse in between. He descends back down with the following pattern; 13-8-5-3. "As below so above and beyond I imagine (13). Drawn beyond the lines of reason ( 8 ). Push the envelope (5). Watch it bend (3)." The second verse adds the missing line to complete the sequence; "There is (2), so (1), much (1), more that (2), beckons me (3), to look through to these (5), infinite possibilities ( 8 )." 1-1-2-3-5-8-5-3-2-1-1-2-3-5-8-13-8-5-3.

Average Tool fan be like

BRINK

« Reply #425 on: August 08, 2022, 03:16:12 AM »

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #426 on: August 08, 2022, 06:54:12 AM »
this is the only Adam Jones contribution I care about

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #427 on: August 08, 2022, 07:07:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There is a song from Tool’s 1993 album “Undertow” entitled “4 Degrees” that, for a while, some people mistakenly believed was a reference to the difference in temperature between the anus and the rest of the human body, which is obviously not true … and it more likely refers to the amount of degrees the Earth’s temperature will eventually increase, resulting in catastrophic flooding from the melting of the polar ice caps.

Not to be confused with other water hazard related tracks from the same album … the title track “Undertow” as well as “Flood” and “Swamp Song”.

Strong money bets are coming in, based on @BRINK ’s description, that this will be the soundtrack to the next multi song Suciu part.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

BRINK

« Reply #428 on: August 08, 2022, 07:31:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Strong money bets are coming in, based on @BRINK ’s description, that this will be the soundtrack to the next multi song Suciu part.

“It’s a concept part, bro! It’s got mirror lines!”

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 110
« Reply #429 on: August 08, 2022, 07:34:46 AM »
I love how whenever Brink is wrong he tYPes LiKe ThIS tO TrY tO MoCk whoever he is arguing with. When that doesn't work he starts spamming the thread with completely unrelated things to try to change the topic. This dude is like 50 and interacts with people over the internet like he is 17. Truly pathetic.

BRINK

« Reply #430 on: August 08, 2022, 07:59:12 AM »
I love how whenever Brink is wrong he tYPes LiKe ThIS tO TrY tO MoCk whoever he is arguing with. When that doesn't work he starts spamming the thread with completely unrelated things to try to change the topic. This dude is like 50 and interacts with people over the internet like he is 17. Truly pathetic.

Ya because this place is just sooooo mature. I didn’t bring up ToOl … someone else did. Just replying. Nice try though.

What was I wRoNg about?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 08:09:06 AM by BRINK »

BRINK

« Reply #431 on: August 08, 2022, 08:04:38 AM »
Brink,

I appreciate you sharing your insights. This thread is very informative.

Can you tell us if its true that Olympic judges only get paid $500 per day?

Also, did these people all recently quit in solidarity with you? Or does it have something to do with Leo Baker's new documentary? Someone on instagram suggested the issue is money from the US military. What is really driving these defections? It seems like the people who publicly quit on insta kept their reasons to themselves leaving us all wondering. Did they all leave simply because they weren't being paid?

No clue what judges get paid.
6 of us got laid off in May. And some of them not paid out final wages, pto, severance, expenses on our last day. Illegal.
The rest who quit yesterday tried to right the ship for the last 3 months but its been helpless for them … 5 of them … so they all quit. If its anything like my situation they may not be paid out final wages, etc either.
Solidarity I suppose, yes.
2 more board members left in between all that.
13 people gone because a couple clowns are power hungry.
Not related to Leo’s doc, which is awesome.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #432 on: August 08, 2022, 08:04:45 AM »
let’s get this to 20 pages fellas

BRINK

« Reply #433 on: August 08, 2022, 08:09:33 AM »
let’s get this to 20 pages fellas

They can’t quit me.

BRINK

« Reply #434 on: August 08, 2022, 08:14:31 AM »
Expand Quote
The rest who quit yesterday tried to right the ship for the last 3 months but its been helpless for them … 5 of them … so they all quit.
[close]

Thanks for the info. I hope you all get paid what you earned. Since this is an organization which falls under a large worldwide governing body I suspect it will take more than a few months to work out, but being such a high profile organization I bet it will get handled.

Thanks, to be honest the money is whatever. They owe me like 20 grand but fuck it. Maybe I’ll get it. I’m fine without it. For me it was more important to call them out and for a few weeks I was doing it alone and a lot of people thought I was crazy. Thankfully now with all these other resignations and people speaking up, I’m not alone. It would be easier to tell the story here without all the bullshit, but as usual, people would rather make fun of me here than stay on any topic.

But more stuff is supposed to be coming soon regarding this. A few of us have spoken to mainstream media and I can’t imagine things are going well for the org. Stay tuned! 🍿

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #435 on: August 08, 2022, 08:23:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Do you guys prefer the blueberry bagels where the blueberries are scattered throughout, still whole, or where the blueberries are all mixed in, pretty much dissolved into the batter?
[close]
Love bagels, hate blueberry bagels. Blueberry muffins on the other hand, could get it. Pancakes too

this dude fucks muffins

WavyDavy

• Rep: 125
« Reply #436 on: August 08, 2022, 08:42:15 AM »
Can't say anything about the park situation in the us but here in central Europe theres a rising trend of building skateparks in the last couple years, well even before the Olympics.

Some architects/designer specialized in skateparks told me around 2020 they've got many contracts to build skateparks in several towns mainly because of the Olympic games. A lot of government money was pumped into sports infrastructure, not only skateparks, which are also used for BMX, so there's that.

Macron introduce his plan for building more sport places (also Skateparks) because of the Olympics around 2021
https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/1068974/article/2021-09-13/emmanuel-macron-promet-un-plan-massif-pour-les-equipement-sportifs-de-proximite

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #437 on: August 08, 2022, 08:44:32 AM »
brinks gone full bobby puelo about a tool song

HereFortheBeer

« Reply #438 on: August 08, 2022, 09:07:33 AM »

Thanks for posting by the way!

Great report...Thanks for the info...

After reading this thread and all of your posts .....were you one of the employees who DIDN'T get  a background check?

You sound like you have  some sort of mental health disorder or you should step away from the drugs..

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #439 on: August 08, 2022, 09:10:24 AM »
Expand Quote

After reading this thread and all of your posts .....were you one of the employees who DIDN'T get  a background check?

You sound like you have  some sort of mental health disorder or you should step away from the drugs..
Epic first post

BRINK

« Reply #440 on: August 08, 2022, 11:07:03 AM »
Expand Quote

Nope. Got one. Passed of course. And safe sport certification as well.

I don’t take drugs. Never have. I do have autism though … which this place often mocks and has accused me of making up for attention. Even though they would want to cancel someone else for doing the same to a person with a disability. However, the way I post here is an intentional piss take and always has been. My IG stories are the same. Not to be taken too seriously.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 11:29:23 AM by BRINK »

HereFortheBeer

« Reply #441 on: August 08, 2022, 11:38:10 AM »

If you are a PAID journalist why not write something productive instead of intentionally pissing people off.

I am not a writer or a Dr. but it sounds like you have a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth.

BRINK

« Reply #442 on: August 08, 2022, 11:41:35 AM »

If you are a PAID journalist why not write something productive instead of intentionally pissing people off.

I am not a writer or a Dr. but it sounds like you have a bad case of diarrhea of the mouth.

Oh am I pissing people here off? I’m a writer. Professionally for 22 years and will continue to do so, don’t you worry your little head. Did you read the Swift essay I posted? You might learn from it.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #443 on: August 08, 2022, 11:43:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh am I pissing people here off? I’m a writer. Professionally for 22 years and will continue to do so, don’t you worry your little head.

sick art bro

BRINK

« Reply #444 on: August 08, 2022, 11:45:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh am I pissing people here off? I’m a writer. Professionally for 22 years and will continue to do so, don’t you worry your little head.

[close]

sick art bro

Cam de Leon … long-time Tool collaborator.

HereFortheBeer

« Reply #445 on: August 08, 2022, 11:49:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh am I pissing people here off? I’m a writer. Professionally for 22 years and will continue to do so, don’t you worry your little head. Did you read the Swift essay I posted? You might learn from it.

No, but if you post the link I would be happy to read it .

BTW why don't you look up the definition of "antisocial behavior"

Is that what you received your MASTERS in ?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #446 on: August 08, 2022, 11:52:52 AM »
I think Tool is bad

tonitonne

« Reply #447 on: August 08, 2022, 11:57:31 AM »
Brink definitely has a skullet.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #448 on: August 08, 2022, 11:57:42 AM »
I think Tool is bad

I can't take anyone serious that listens to TOOL.

BRINK

« Reply #449 on: August 08, 2022, 11:59:21 AM »
I think Tool is bad

Many people feel that way and it’s ok Bart.