Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 565868 times)

theSketchLord

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3990 on: May 13, 2020, 07:12:43 AM »
Bored the other day I fired up the old Gamecube.
Dead to Rights.
Eternal Darkness.
Burnout.
THPS 4.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3991 on: May 13, 2020, 07:17:24 PM »
Been playing some Thug Pro ever since the THPS remaster announcement.

Bored the other day I fired up the old Gamecube.
Dead to Rights.
Eternal Darkness.
Burnout.
THPS 4.

This game is slept on, never played the sequels though.

sketchyrider

« Reply #3992 on: May 13, 2020, 09:26:25 PM »
just played a bit of skate 3, has anyone decided if session or skater xl is a better follow up?

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #3993 on: May 14, 2020, 01:04:14 AM »
just played a bit of skate 3, has anyone decided if session or skater xl is a better follow up?
At first I would’ve said skater XL but now I’d say session. They update it much more frequently and since last update it runs much better.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3994 on: May 16, 2020, 12:43:13 PM »
Just got RDR2 for PC, and damn is the scenery in this game gorgeous.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #3995 on: May 16, 2020, 01:00:02 PM »
Going through the borderlands 3 dlcs. That series has been binge and purge for the past decade. Hmu if you wanna play on pc, I'm at the level cap.

froufroufox

• Rep: 31
« Reply #3996 on: May 16, 2020, 01:28:23 PM »
Am I the only one who can’t really get into Red Dead 2? Man, I really thought I would love this game but I think it comes down to the controls being pretty bad. I feel like everything’s so clunky, I’m always bumping into shit and I hate how your character either walks at a snail’s pace or sprints. The graphics are no doubt gorgeous but yeah, anyone else feel this way?

Other than trying to get into that, I’ve been playing uncharted 2 and loving it. The level design and action sequences are amazing. Have also put 140 hours into animal crossing but I admit I’m starting to feel a bit burnt out on it. I should probably just take a break for a while. Next up for Switch is the upcoming remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Next in the PS4 queue is Horizon Zero Dawn. My backlog of games is huge lol. I also have Nier Automata, Yakuza 0, The Last Of Us Remastered, GTA 5, and Uncharted 3. I missed out on a decade of gaming and bought the PS4 bundle this past Black Friday to get back into it.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3997 on: May 16, 2020, 02:38:10 PM »
Am I the only one who can’t really get into Red Dead 2? Man, I really thought I would love this game but I think it comes down to the controls being pretty bad. I feel like everything’s so clunky, I’m always bumping into shit and I hate how your character either walks at a snail’s pace or sprints. The graphics are no doubt gorgeous but yeah, anyone else feel this way?

I can see how it's clunky and it's slightly annoying at times especially since I just finished Doom Eternal before starting RDR2, but it's not so bad with a mouse and keyboard. If I was use a controller then I might be too annoyed to play it lol.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1148
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3998 on: May 18, 2020, 02:50:15 AM »
I thought it was weird when you can pay an extra $0.75  for the “deluxe” bath and you can choose where to make the saloon wench or whatever she’s called clean specific body parts.  Is that supposed to be titillating? 

Or is it one of those things where I need to remember homeboy’s left arm is super dirty so I need to really get that one good?

I don’t even do that in real life. 

Focus on a particular body part I mean.

I bathe.  Once a month whether I need it or not.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #3999 on: May 18, 2020, 07:41:00 AM »
Started replaying Zelda: Link Between Worlds the other day and I forgot how goddamn good it was. Severely underrated Zelda title.

I've been playing my DS a ton lately but never got around to playing this one. I'll have to check it out.

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #4000 on: May 18, 2020, 08:14:01 AM »
started a new file in Pokemon Crystal on emulator, haven't played it in forever.

Picked the cyndaquil and named it Smokey and named my rival Cheetah

gonna have to look up what pokemon are even in crystal cuz I kinda forget
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Yu Dum

« Reply #4001 on: May 18, 2020, 08:55:18 AM »
Been playing RE3 again, but I've got myself stuck in a deathloop with Nemesis and can't make any progress. Might try again when I get home. Either that or I'm going to finally beat the first divine beast in BOTW. I've been slacking on that one.

On the topic of Zelda; I wonder if Nintendo is planning on remaking any other LoZ titles for the Switch. I loved the Link's Awakening remake a ton. I'm hoping they remake either of their N64 games. I'd kill to see a GOOD remake of Majora's Mask that doesn't involve weakening the difficulty factor. The 3DS version was fun, but felt way too easy in comparison to the original.

Krile

• I train moogles
« Reply #4002 on: May 18, 2020, 09:24:31 AM »
I'd call Majora's Mask too hard for kids. I got through it as a kid but I'm insanely dedicated. I've spent countless hours over the years watching Swedish Speedrunner Ennopp112 do any% and 100% of that game and honestly think he's the most talented gamer alive. The tricks involved in 100% are no joke. 
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4003 on: May 18, 2020, 10:38:57 AM »
I'd call Majora's Mask too hard for kids. I got through it as a kid but I'm insanely dedicated. I've spent countless hours over the years watching Swedish Speedrunner Ennopp112 do any% and 100% of that game and honestly think he's the most talented gamer alive. The tricks involved in 100% are no joke.
Majora's Mask speedruns in particular are a blackhole of youtube for me.

Krile

• I train moogles
« Reply #4004 on: May 18, 2020, 12:24:37 PM »
I've spent more time watching MM than any other game but I still watch Ocarina of Time and SM64 runs sometimes if I'm bored.

Highlight of all of speedrunning for me is when Skater got the OoT any% record the first time. Actually it might not have been the first time but the run where he finally got instaclip down.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 12:26:14 PM by Krile »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #4005 on: May 18, 2020, 12:34:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Started replaying Zelda: Link Between Worlds the other day and I forgot how goddamn good it was. Severely underrated Zelda title.
[close]

I've been playing my DS a ton lately but never got around to playing this one. I'll have to check it out.

Honestly I think it's one of the best Zelda titles in general, not just among the handhelds. Especially if you're a fan of Link To The Past.

I like Majora's Mask a lot but I think its perceived difficulty is more often than not just it being tedious. It's a great game with some real original ideas, but a lot of the mechanics feel more like a chore than a clever gameplay twist. The 3DS changes felt like a much needed quality of life update to me imo.

Krile

• I train moogles
« Reply #4006 on: May 18, 2020, 01:06:38 PM »

I like Majora's Mask a lot but I think its perceived difficulty is more often than not just it being tedious. It's a great game with some real original ideas, but a lot of the mechanics feel more like a chore than a clever gameplay twist. The 3DS changes felt like a much needed quality of life update to me imo.

Did you play the original as a kid? Most people didn't have internet to look up walkthroughs and stuff. I spent a long ass time figuring out the Kafei stuff and Stone Tower Temple was confusing as fuck to 10 year old me.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4007 on: May 18, 2020, 01:09:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Honestly I think it's one of the best Zelda titles in general, not just among the handhelds. Especially if you're a fan of Link To The Past.

Did you buy the physical copy of Link Between Worlds or digital? I want to play it again, but don't want to have to keep up with the game card.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #4008 on: May 18, 2020, 04:51:43 PM »
This thread had me interested in trying out RDR2 again, I think my issue is I wasn't embracing how slow paced the game is. It can get pretty tedious but in small doses it's a great game, I'm just trying to take my time with it now and wouldn't expect to finish it any time soon but it's an impressive world to explore on and off.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #4009 on: May 18, 2020, 07:21:35 PM »
This thread had me interested in trying out RDR2 again, I think my issue is I wasn't embracing how slow paced the game is. It can get pretty tedious but in small doses it's a great game, I'm just trying to take my time with it now and wouldn't expect to finish it any time soon but it's an impressive world to explore on and off.
I would wake up early, like an hour before work while it was still dark, drink my coffee and play. It was super relaxing way to play in the morning before work. I want to go back to it with my new GPU but might as well wait for the whole build if I'm going to have to fill up my hard drive again.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #4010 on: May 18, 2020, 08:05:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did you play the original as a kid? Most people didn't have internet to look up walkthroughs and stuff. I spent a long ass time figuring out the Kafei stuff and Stone Tower Temple was confusing as fuck to 10 year old me.

Yeah, I played the original and the remake. It's definitely one of the more challenging Zelda games (maybe the hardest?) but I also think a lot of its difficulty is rooted in inconvenience. Having to re-do a whole dungeon cuz I didn't navigate it fast enough feels more like a chore than it does a thoughtful challenge.

Don't get me wrong, I still love it. I like pretty much every mainline Zelda game (even Skyward Sword) but replaying Majora's Mask in recent years has made me look at it a little differently.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Did you buy the physical copy of Link Between Worlds or digital? I want to play it again, but don't want to have to keep up with the game card.

I have it physically. I tend to buy physical copies of everything I can because I like to be able to look at it on my shelf, but that's just me. I'm pretty sure now it's a "Nintendo Select" title which means it's like 20 bucks. But man, I'm having a great time revisiting this. Aside from being a great Zelda game I think it's one of the best 3DS games in general. I certainly think it implements the actual 3D the best.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #4011 on: May 19, 2020, 12:49:28 AM »

When I first started playing it I thought it was so boring and it really felt like a chore to play, and I absolutely loved the first one and specifically bought a ps4 for RDR2, so I was pretty bummed.

But I had to reformat my ps4 so I lost all my saves and had to start over. I was about halfway through the game when I restarted. For some reason, once I understood the game a bit more the second time through was way more fun. And as soon as I finished the game I wanted to start another game. I haven't yet because I have way too many other games to play through first, but I will soon.

I think the game is WAY more complex than it pretends to be and it requires a lot of time to really understand the game. It's not just GTA in the wild west. It's way different. It's an incredible game. I wish there was a way to play the original one on ps4 without having psnow.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #4012 on: May 19, 2020, 06:44:40 AM »
Just started trails of cold steel. Really into it

skateboardstickerz

• Rep: -1
  • Providing the best stickers to customize your deck
    • www.skateboardstickerz.com avatar image
« Reply #4013 on: May 19, 2020, 03:51:26 PM »
Definately the last of us, cant wait for the last of us 2!
Feel like your deck needs some customization? Order some stickers at www.skateboardstickerz.com

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #4014 on: May 21, 2020, 06:20:40 AM »
Anyone here into racing games? I haven't quite made the leap into "simulators" yet, which I need to get a PC/wheel/pedals for anyway, but I love playing Forza Motorsport 7 with all the assists off.

I do want to get into the more realistic racing games, but it seems like a bit of an investment.
Assetto Corsa with VR seems like a dream though:

Anyone have setup recommendations?

Shiek

• Rep: -68
« Reply #4015 on: May 21, 2020, 09:15:20 AM »
yeah set up an N64 and play some Zelda

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #4016 on: May 21, 2020, 02:09:12 PM »

Yu Dum

« Reply #4017 on: May 21, 2020, 03:00:37 PM »

I've been curious about this game. It just came out for sale in my shop and I'm tempted to buy it. You think it's worth it?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #4018 on: May 21, 2020, 04:20:54 PM »
I like it so far. It's a solid RPG. Lots of side quests and main story line to grind through.  It is like a mix between Bioshock Infinite and Fallout New Vegas in terms of setting and gameplay. My only gripe is that it's not as open world as say Elder scrolls or Fallout games.  you're limited to staying in sections of planets you're on but said areas are not exactly small maps by any means. there's outer terrain with cool areas to explore and creatures to kill, along with cities and towns to rummage through. What really immersed me is the visuals. Planets all vary in appearance and are cool to look at.  It's definitely worth a try in my opinion.

Yu Dum

« Reply #4019 on: May 22, 2020, 06:54:33 AM »
Thanks for the info! I'm gonna set it aside and buy it when I get paid again.lol I bought the Amnesia Collection for PS4 last night. Incredibly immersive gameplay and actually pretty dread inducing to boot. Highly recommend for anyone who hasn't played before.