Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 236919 times)

Weekend96

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1680 on: March 18, 2022, 09:42:43 AM »
How are levis 550s fitting these days

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #1681 on: March 18, 2022, 10:48:14 AM »
as always, older orange tab ones fit better. i typically size up from my true waist and they fit great. Relaxed but not overly baggy. similar to 93s supposedly. I recommend em

vegangangzta

« Reply #1682 on: March 18, 2022, 10:49:34 AM »

I love ‘em.

I’m a 34/36, but get the 42x32.

That’s if you want baggy. I’d go up one size for loose.

Weekend96

« Reply #1683 on: March 18, 2022, 11:46:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love ‘em.

Thanks bro you get the ones off the levi website or are they older joints?

vegangangzta

« Reply #1684 on: March 18, 2022, 02:07:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I love ‘em.

[close]

Thanks bro you get the ones off the levi website or are they older joints?

Just the ones off the site. Never had vintage Levi’s, other than Silvertabs.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1685 on: March 18, 2022, 03:28:20 PM »
If they were a tiny big baggier they could effectively end this thread.  The rapid rate which pants are bagging out will only lead us back to this pant.  They are the new 874…

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #1686 on: March 18, 2022, 04:41:26 PM »
If they were a tiny big baggier they could effectively end this thread.  The rapid rate which pants are bagging out will only lead us back to this pant.  They are the new 874…

Ditto. I was at the local the other day and there were so many people with the baggiest pants. Probs gonna stay on that 550 type fit for a while.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #1687 on: March 18, 2022, 07:52:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thoughts/opinions on televisistar pants? Lookin at sunflower denims and 3vx cords
[close]

I’ve never seen a pair that didn’t look ridiculous on the person wearing them. Far to baggy for my personal tastes

[close]
well she’s like 5’4 and a woman - so that doesn’t help me whatsoever lol. I’m 5’11 170 with meat castles for thighs and calves, I think mediums would be my best best but any input would be great from someone. Size medium has 14” thighs and 9” leg opening from their size chart. Pretty comparable to a polar big boy or santosuosso denim from what I’m gathering.

Just by sizes alone they are too big for my taste, but seems like they are nice enough, I know dilo wears them from time to time and he looks alright in them, I’m sure if you want to you could pull them off, just don’t wear chucks or something slimmer and you’ll be fine lol
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1688 on: March 18, 2022, 10:56:15 PM »

The big and tall ones I think have stretch in them too….

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #1689 on: March 27, 2022, 09:48:48 AM »
Any intel on Uniqlo Wide Fit jeans?

The price is 1/2 of Levi's and local thrift stores are empty of baggy pants. Only slim fit junk...

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #1690 on: March 27, 2022, 10:23:37 AM »
Any intel on Uniqlo Wide Fit jeans?

The price is 1/2 of Levi's and local thrift stores are empty of baggy pants. Only slim fit junk...

Harbinger? Feels like an index moment

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1691 on: March 27, 2022, 05:00:23 PM »
I got some wide legged pants.  Opening was way too big….they were cheap so getting them tapered worked fine.  I’d just double check on the opening is to your liking….

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1692 on: March 27, 2022, 09:23:26 PM »
^Thanks for comment! How's the fabric?

Regarding leg opening - I'm happy with Levis Stay Loose 34 waist and Levis 501 34-36 waist pants. No need to alter.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1693 on: March 27, 2022, 10:45:08 PM »
I got pants…utility looking ones with weird front pockets…not jeans.  I think the quality is good.  I could see the denim being on the thin side, but I’m just guessing. 

I got stay loose too…same deal, I found the leg opening a tiny bit too big.  I just hate catching the heel under my shoes. 

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1694 on: March 28, 2022, 12:05:54 AM »
Cheers for the feedback!

I know I can rely on SLAP for top pants advice.  8)

Weekend96

« Reply #1695 on: March 30, 2022, 06:04:03 AM »
Update… ordered 550’s off the levi website and these fit great. I never really liked how the overly baggy pants looked on me so i just ordered one size up from my true waist. Fit feels great.

I guess i was hesitant because i’m scarred for life by the way Kohl’s levis always fit lol

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1696 on: March 30, 2022, 06:40:52 AM »
Any cheap loose fitting pants I should look into? Preferably chino/twill or something, not necessarily jeans?

Not really focused on aesthetic, more so a comfortable pair of skate pants.

I've got some Altamont pants several years ago in a size too big and they are so comfortable skating. I think I got them on clearance for like $10.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #1697 on: March 30, 2022, 09:19:10 AM »

these look good

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1698 on: March 30, 2022, 09:27:06 AM »
Any cheap loose fitting pants I should look into? Preferably chino/twill or something, not necessarily jeans?

I've got some Altamont pants several years ago in a size too big and they are so comfortable skating. I think I got them on clearance for like $10.

Nothing as cheap as $10, but I don't think you can beat dickies for value. Loose fit cargos are $30 and $35 double knees. After a couple of washes they're super soft/comfortable.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1699 on: March 30, 2022, 09:30:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nothing as cheap as $10, but I don't think you can beat dickies for value. Loose fit cargos are $30 and $35 double knees. After a couple of washes they're super soft/comfortable.

I'll check those out thanks. I got some Dickies a couple years ago that were great, but their standard work pants are way too strange feeling for me.

If I remember, buying directly from their site, they usually have some discount running nonstop. You can get a lot of their pants for even cheaper directly through them.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1700 on: March 30, 2022, 09:37:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'll check those out thanks. I got some Dickies a couple years ago that were great, but their standard work pants are way too strange feeling for me.

If I remember, buying directly from their site, they usually have some discount running nonstop. You can get a lot of their pants for even cheaper directly through them.

Yeah they constantly have discounts, and usually your order will come with a 20% coupon as well. Plus free shipping and returns. If I'm ordering a new fit I'm unsure about, I'll order 2-3 sizes and return the wrong ones.

The initial starchiness of dickies can definitely be weird, you just have to commit to softening them. I've heard of people putting them in the drier with tennis balls or old wheels for a couple of cycles to beat the stiffness out of them. I've even heard that people drag them behind their car, though I'm not sure if I believe that. But once you get past that starchy feeling, I think they feel amazing. Super soft, almost like scrubs or something.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1701 on: March 30, 2022, 09:56:22 AM »
For every person who likes Dickie’s, there’s someone else throwing them in the trash.  They are not a perfect pant by any means but have been adopted culturally by skating and fit the right price point. 

My advice would be to try them on, and don’t feel bad if they don’t work for you…..

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #1702 on: March 30, 2022, 10:29:58 AM »

I would start by hitting your local thrift stores and digging through the pants sections for awhile. It'll take longer than online shopping, but there's great deals to be found and usually a wide selection of fits. And since Dickies are more common these days, I usually will find at least a pair or two in my size when I go. Another plus is that everything will be broken in and pre-shrunk too!

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1703 on: March 30, 2022, 12:00:16 PM »
Ben Davis trim fit are a good high quality start and I often buy Carhartt WIP Simple Pants off Depop for cheap.

kelbywest

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1704 on: March 31, 2022, 09:12:23 AM »
Update… ordered 550’s off the levi website and these fit great. I never really liked how the overly baggy pants looked on me so i just ordered one size up from my true waist. Fit feels great.

I guess i was hesitant because i’m scarred for life by the way Kohl’s levis always fit lol

Worked at Kohls for 4 years through the my senior year of HS + college. I can tell you that all the Vans, Levis, Nike's etc that they sell (and other department stores like them) are the bottom of the barrel of all those brands. Lower quality, weirder designs and colors, it just doesn't add up.

Take any of these brands products and compare them to the Kohls brand and the quality is day/night.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1705 on: March 31, 2022, 10:30:17 AM »
I think there is a whole outlet mall tier of manufacturing…..kohls is in the same realm….

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #1706 on: March 31, 2022, 12:46:02 PM »
Prana Brion is like a baggy men's yoga pant. Four way stretch, breathable quick dry. Hell no to soaked cotton swamp ass.

hotdogsweatpants

• Rep: 67
« Reply #1707 on: March 31, 2022, 01:15:14 PM »
Swung past the local vintage store today, has been good for new pants in the past and today was no different.

38x32 Carhartt 'Relaxed Fit':

The pant situation is out of control at this point

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1708 on: March 31, 2022, 04:45:10 PM »
Can anyone ID the pants our boy Jerry has on? I think they’re Dickies?

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #1709 on: April 01, 2022, 07:18:10 AM »
Can anyone ID the pants our boy Jerry has on? I think they’re Dickies?

Might be Vans Covina