Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 184278 times)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #1260 on: January 30, 2022, 02:38:42 AM »
Hahaha its my turn to inspire you to get some LB. It doesn't have a ton of "bag appeal" so when I popped the jar that first time I was initially like "errr....." but once it found my nose I knew it was going to be a good one. I wish we got to smell our shit because buying weed from sight or a table of numbers misses so much. I get more information in milliseconds with a tiny sniff than I could any other way. If you go to the satori shop tell dude to make a Dave Abair wheel if they aren't already on it.

I know you don't usually vape but if for some reason they have a live resin LB cart it really is the most flavorful way to get baked. I would recommend using a good battery that has lower voltage settings because I'm a weed snob, but the $5 inhale activated ones work just fine too. I honestly think I prefer the flower experience though. ​It's a little bit more earthy, peppery, and (I want to beat my own ass for saying this) "mature" tasting after it cures and the high is a little more focused and energetic while still being happy and creative. There are some companies around here that make cured flower concentrates and carts but unfortunately the LB guys don't usually do it. If I ever get a rosin press that will be one of the first flowers I try it on.

As for my lungs I think part of it is because we have this 100 year old boiler for heat at my building. Normally it's turned on and off at various times throughout the day but because it's been so cold it's been running basically all night every night. My apartment is right above the boiler room and there's steam pipes running through 3 of the walls so when the boiler is on I'm effectively in an oven. It gets to be 80-85 pretty quickly so I have to either open a window or run my AC at night to keep it cold enough to sleep and I'm sure having 20% humidity air blown into my face all night isn't the best thing. I'm going to try opening a window in the next room and seeing if I can kind of passively keep it cool it that way. It's going to suck when I go to take a piss at 2 am and my bathroom is freezing though haha.

jamersonbass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #1261 on: January 30, 2022, 10:07:26 AM »
If you're going to be full time baking, I'd recommend sticking exclusively to live resin carts, as they are way more efficient, only contain flower and the whole plant at that, and taste like the strain you get.  At least in my experience.

When I started working at my shop I was super into distillate carts because it was all that I knew.  My apartment neighbor at the time also happened to be a sheriff, so vaping was the best way to go about my consumption.  I also hadn't gotten my med card yet.

As the sheriff moved out, I got WAY more into flower and tasting strains.  Fast forward to 7 months in the industry, and I'm kind of a cork sniffer weed snob.  We just got a WHOLE bunch of trade samples, which is my favorite perk of the job.  All the grows are Michigan-based only, so I'll take a second and nerd out on what the companies call their strains (one in particular, Lemonati Farms usually runs alot of the same strains every year and rename it based on their annual "series", which can be confusing) and the crosses.  Won't you join me?

Lemonati Family Farms

The Patient-Wedding Cake x Gelato 33
The Caregiver-Strawberry Shortcake x Sunset Sherbert
The Grower-Zkittles x Wedding Cake

Glorious Cannabis Co (new company I'm not very hip to)

ZOZ-Zkittles x OG Kush
TKP-Triangle Kush x Purple Pebbles

I've tried all the Lemonati strains, and they're listed in my favorite order.  The GCC strains I haven't sampled yet, but am stoked to try a new grow and new strains.

svenfuck cowboy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1262 on: January 30, 2022, 10:25:53 AM »
just smoked weed

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1263 on: January 30, 2022, 11:29:35 AM »
wish you all smooth tokes. i'm gonna quit for a bit and try and detox through february. burning up my last bits tonight.

probably gonna avoid this thread for that time so as to not intensify any sort of turkey i'll get.

looking forward to clear my head out a little though. i have to get some shit done and me smoking daily and not being in steady employment doesn't mix well for me. also i want to cut it down to weekend smoking in the long run. had some good stuff lately after a bit of a drought and i almost feel burned out by being stoned.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1264 on: January 30, 2022, 08:17:51 PM »
wish you all smooth tokes. i'm gonna quit for a bit and try and detox through february. burning up my last bits tonight.

probably gonna avoid this thread for that time so as to not intensify any sort of turkey i'll get.

looking forward to clear my head out a little though. i have to get some shit done and me smoking daily and not being in steady employment doesn't mix well for me. also i want to cut it down to weekend smoking in the long run. had some good stuff lately after a bit of a drought and i almost feel burned out by being stoned.

Always a good idea to take a break once in a while bud. I've been thinking about doing the same this spring when the weather breaks. I can definitely relate to not having any motivation and procrastinating when I smoke a lot, I sometimes have to force myself to do basic "boring" stuff like laundry or calling the cable company. It'll still be there when you're ready to come back and it not only makes it work better but for me it made me appreciate it more.

Save yourself up for the incoming legal market or save up and take a trip to the NL when covid calms down.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1265 on: January 31, 2022, 11:11:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Always a good idea to take a break once in a while bud. I've been thinking about doing the same this spring when the weather breaks. I can definitely relate to not having any motivation and procrastinating when I smoke a lot, I sometimes have to force myself to do basic "boring" stuff like laundry or calling the cable company. It'll still be there when you're ready to come back and it not only makes it work better but for me it made me appreciate it more.

Save yourself up for the incoming legal market or save up and take a trip to the NL when covid calms down.
thanks!

day one of sober life after weeks of daily toking and i feel fine so far. already got a lot of shit done today that i wouldn't have if i had woken up and baked right away as i usually do.

my roommate is gonna join me through this, he also wanted to pause a bit and it makes sense to do it together.

he's got a gymcard and he can take me in on saturdays so that's what we will do on the weekend to power ourselves out, hit the gym.

just wanted to answer you real quick, now i'm back to not paying attention to this delicious thread ;)

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1266 on: February 02, 2022, 12:26:10 AM »
I had a bunch of flower that was sitting around getting old so I dropped it off in good hands at a few skateparks nearby. some stuff that I had hoped I'd like I found kinda strange, like Venom OG (reminded me of Fabuloso or some cleaning product). pretty much exclusively vaping on Chemdawg and Kobe OG (True OG) the past couple weeks. I mix in some Tahoe/Redwood (they taste very similar to me, foresty with a slight incense) and Lemon Meringue or Orange Cookie MAC (smells like amazing Tangie). looking forward to trying more piney dank in the future. Stardawg is on the short list, as are King Louis and LA Confidential.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1267 on: February 02, 2022, 03:17:07 AM »
I had a bunch of flower that was sitting around getting old so I dropped it off in good hands at a few skateparks nearby. some stuff that I had hoped I'd like I found kinda strange, like Venom OG (reminded me of Fabuloso or some cleaning product). pretty much exclusively vaping on Chemdawg and Kobe OG (True OG) the past couple weeks. I mix in some Tahoe/Redwood (they taste very similar to me, foresty with a slight incense) and Lemon Meringue or Orange Cookie MAC (smells like amazing Tangie). looking forward to trying more piney dank in the future. Stardawg is on the short list, as are King Louis and LA Confidential.

The Venom cut we get here is basically OG18, which tastes like straight up lemon pine sol in certain phenos so I can understand the cleaning product comparison haha. We have at least 4 cuts of "Tahoe OG" in our program and none of them are really all that similar. I have no idea which one the "real" one is but the one I like best is pretty close to what you described - earthy and kushy and uniquely potent. We also have a cut that's high in terpinoline that I really enjoyed. I think I posted that one a few pages back. If you like the piney stuff one that I found from this thread (s/o to boogs) was Casey Jones. My batch wasn't much to look at but it was an EXCELLENT high. Tons of myrcene to make it happy and relaxed and then a load of pinene right behind to make it energetic and focused. Really good for doing shit you don't really want to do and not hating it. There's also some Goji OG phenos that are super high in pinene content, Pine Soul is the Bodhi seeds one but really any Goji cut that has a lot of pinene is probably going to be similar. Also these ones are going to be very biased and they're not pine dominant, but its still a big part of their terp profile - golden goat and durban poison. Two strains I won't shut up about, but for good reason. Ideal sativas for starting your day and remaining productive.

Orange MAC sounds amazing.. I've been having a craving for some Tangie tasting bud recently. There's a Tangie x Grape Kush Cross I really enjoyed that just started showing up here again, or I might try tangilope next time that mood hits.

Just finished off my Jack eighth. I'm thinking of trying out citrus spice next but I might just grab another jar of Jack if it's the same batch. I'm going to try to burn through some of the flower I have before grabbing anything else though.

I did grab a sugar sauce of a strain called Sweet Tooth. I just wanted something high in myrcene to replace that crazy good blueberry space cake cart. This was around 7% which is quite high for a concentrate. I didnt even look up the genetics, just went home and dipped my straw in it a few times and loved it. Very similar taste and effects to the BSC. It was only after I woke up from the nap it made me take that I looked up the genetics and wouldn't you know... It's a triple landrace cross. Hawaii and Nepalese sativas crossed with an afghanica. The end result is a delicious, aptly named myrcene bomb. It's very sweet and slightly floral tasting but the effects are much more in line with an afghanica. Strong body high and moderate to strong sedation coupled with the good vibes from the island genetics... No wonder it won a Cannabis cup.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1268 on: February 02, 2022, 05:51:01 PM »

Isn't it great how people get stoked when you give them free herb, no matter how old and crusty it is? I love doing that.

Stardawg and LA Con are two all time favorites. Smoked a lot of LaCon for a while. good for resting

@Buttfart Rapedick

haven't seen sweet tooth in a wicked long time. Like since 2004 or 2005. Big, bright green, crystally nugs that made me float like an inch off the floor. My boy had access to a vacuum sealer and we definitely sealed up a quake of that shit to save for the drought that came every August-October
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1269 on: February 02, 2022, 07:31:43 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/TUDQXVM

Wasn't planning on getting any more flower but then they put my fav hybrid on special. It's a batch from last summer but it's a good one and their jars and cure are solid so it wasn't dry.

Blue Agave. I would probably dismiss it as another "this only sells because of the color" modern candy strain if I could. But its honestly fantastic. The smell/taste is kind of like a weird modern interpretation of old school haze. I really struggle to explain it and do it justice. The terp profile is exactly what I like, but there's something different about it. I wish they published the terps that occur in small quantities as I think those are probably what make it unique. Bud structure this time is what I refer to as "chunkball", although in past batches I've also had it be more of a classic sat dom dorito shape. It's always super dense though, if you've ever had MAC it's got kind of the same thing going on.

The high is subtle and so smooth I barely even notice it happening (as opposed to the sudden "bam bitch, you're high now" I get from say GMO). It's also one of the most relaxing and carefree strains I've tried so I'll find myself just sitting there enjoying my joint completely oblivious to how baked I'm getting until I stand up and try to skate away. It's the most versatile kind of high... I can sink into bed and put on a YouTube video or go battle a trick and it will make either better. My trifecta is always changing, but the one constant since I got my card is this in the hybrid spot.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1270 on: February 03, 2022, 05:12:22 AM »
Here's the result of the "shoe hash" experiment I mentioned a while back. The old school method was wrapping your kief up real tight and putting it in the heel of your work boot then walking on it all day. My method was similar but instead of using my shoes I kept it in my compression tights behind my knee and then moved it to the front any time I was working on my knees (so kneeling on it) or just wanted to give it a good squish. At night I'd put it on the radiator cover in my bathroom so it would undergo some more low and slow heating and cooling cycles. I did this for 4 days and then put it into a glass container and stored in a cool dark place for a few weeks to cure a bit.

It ended up melting and compressing really well. It was almost like working with chewing tobacco at first but as it got darker and more broken down it started to stick together like a wet paste and now it's almost like playdoh. I think I could probably roll it into a decent looking ball but I'm not going to risk it. Ive only smoked what was left over on the tools after transferring it at least tastes like the real thing and has the classic intensely complex floral incense-y nose.

I'm interested to see what the effects are like... Im anticipating a hybrid experience since its just everything thrown together but it would be cool if I could taste or "feel" some of the sweet tropical sativas that made up a good part of the kief. If this smokes as good as it looks so far then I might make another batch that's separated by strain or terps and see how that goes.

P.S.: the color may be a little off in the pics... The reflective white jar  fucks up the auto metering and color correction on my phone cam and it looks almost black on some screens. Real life color is a deep brown like a tootsie roll or roasted coffee bean.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
Re: The Weed Thread syntax or grammatical errors are intentional
« Reply #1271 on: February 03, 2022, 06:13:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Isn't it great how people get stoked when you give them free herb, no matter how old and crusty it is? I love doing that.

Stardawg and LA Con are two all time favorites. Smoked a lot of LaCon for a while. good for resting

@Buttfart Rapedick

haven't seen sweet tooth in a wicked long time. Like since 2004 or 2005. Big, bright green, crystally nugs that made me float like an inch off the floor. My boy had access to a vacuum sealer and we definitely sealed up a quake of that shit to save for the drought that came every August-October

LA confidential is one I'd really like to get ahold of. I know it's a potent indica but if I remember right the terp profile looked kinda like a piney OG, is that accurate? I haven't seen it from one of the non shitty growers in a long time sadly.

The sweet tooth is awesome. I had no idea about the lineage or history. I just knew it was from a good grower, had a load of myrcene, and was cheap (around $40/g after discount). I can relate to the floating sensation, that's exactly what high myrcene strains do to me. It's one of the terps I look for in sleep and relaxation strains...myrcene to relax the head, pinene to clear the head and kill pain, caryophyllene to help inflammation and reduce anxiety, and then bisabolol to drift off to sleep. Sweet tooth on its own won't fully knock me out most of the time, it mostly just leaves me smiling and devoid of any motivation, but if I add some gg4 or rbf or crown to the mix it's nap time. Conversely, if it's high in myrcene and terpinoline then it becomes energetic while maintaining that happiness. LB, goat, and some of the tangie crosses I enjoy fit in that category.

It doesn't hurt that I consider it to be one of the best tasting terps either... It can add a floral touch or a sweet and tropical fruity note. You don't even have to smoke it! Eating a mango (which have tons of myrcene) about a half hour before smoking and preloading your system supposedly makes your weed feel more potent. I've never tried it and I'd imagine there's at least some placenta effect at play but it wouldn't surprise me if its quite noticeable for people with a lower tolerance.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1272 on: February 03, 2022, 06:28:06 AM »
Awww man LA Confidential is an old favourite of mine. Unfortunately it doesn’t come around here often.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1273 on: February 04, 2022, 11:36:32 AM »
This is sick I'm so happy. I found a dispensary in my city supplied by the same growers as the place I have to drive across town to get the best weed for the low. These guys have all the same strains plus a few I haven't tried, and all the same deals. It's actually on the same street that I live on just wayyy East about 7 miles. I'm thinking I could skate there next time, it's just a long straight shoot no turns. Looks like fun

They were sold out of Atomic Apple, Black Lava and some of the strains I was looking for but lucky me they had just gotten in a fresh loaf of Pound Cake of which I copped an eighth for $35 along with two G's of Ice Cream Cake for $20, which is a mid shelf that is stronger than a lot of people's top shelf. This is excellent weed, I smoked out my brother earlier and he concurred that this shit is definitely on par with the strains we were smoking in Amsterdam in the mid 2000s.

Pound Cake

Ice Cream Cake

I'm having some issues with the autofocus on my camera, will try to do better next time but I couldn't wait to roll this shit up LOL

I had a bunch of ice cream cake last year. the kid wasn't a good grower but the herb was still strong as fuck. At least it was flushed really well.

an old timer I am friends with had a couple rounds of indoor ICC that was just absolutely knock out. prize fighter grade hahahah I wish I could smoke you all out with this dudes weed. Hands down the best grower I've ever known. Dude's like 65. all he does is his little boutique style grow, clip his buds, yell at his wild ass dog, and go fishing. I was trying to learn his ways to help out while he was going to be away on a fishing trip a while back and he's showing me what to do, "ok, Iusedtoskatemore, a little bit of this, add some of this, some of this, look out for this..." and I'm like "man, this is your jam. I need a recipe. everyone has a recipe. it would be really helpful if you could write down the quantities of nutes and water, etc" and he's like "well, when you pour, count to 4 then stop. water, you've got X gallons, make sure it's spread evenly, 5 seconds per." Dude's like some crazy ganja chef that knows the recipes by feel hahahah

@Boognish brotha! the LACon is soooooooo good. First time it came through the Cat had written LaCon on it and I'm like "wtf does LaCon mean? I know a Puerto Rican kid name LaRon, but wtf is this shit?" yeah, LaCon kicks ass

@Buttfart Rapedick
nice looking hash, big dog! I was imagining you being like a little dude pumping your knees and doing behind the knee farts to make that shit happen! hahahah I'm looking to grab some bubble this weekend. Or Kief. it does the same thing. whatever gonna be cheaper.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1274 on: February 06, 2022, 12:21:15 PM »
On my way home from the post winter storm grocery store/dispensary trip right now. Its 40 degrees but no one is wearing a coat because the sun is shining and it's above freezing.

I finally grabbed the white MAC and was going to just leave it at that today but then I checked the grams and they had something I've not only never tried, I've never even seen it before. It's called Strawberry Akeil and it's from the guys who do the lambs bread I'm obsessed with. Genetics are bubblegum x AK 47, so I'm banking on some early 00's nostalgia. Pics when I get home.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1275 on: February 06, 2022, 06:42:06 PM »
On my way home from the post winter storm grocery store/dispensary trip right now. Its 40 degrees but no one is wearing a coat because the sun is shining and it's above freezing.

I finally grabbed the white MAC and was going to just leave it at that today but then I checked the grams and they had something I've not only never tried, I've never even seen it before. It's called Strawberry Akeil and it's from the guys who do the lambs bread I'm obsessed with. Genetics are bubblegum x AK 47, so I'm banking on some early 00's nostalgia. Pics when I get home.

two old school classics. first headies I ever got was from this dude in high school, Rat Nest Randy. Randy was a fruitbooter and a Deadhead. Full works, total patchwork corduroy outfits, rat nest dreads and beard, always always smelling like the nag champa and kind bud. always had the doses too in like 2001 before that bust and decade long drought came. but Randy would only sell 8ths and they were 60 bucks, if you wanted to spend 20, he'd smoke you out as much as you wanted and send you on the way with a big fat nug. Anyways, dude was like "mumble mumble mumble Grateful Dead.... mumble mumble mumvble" and I sez "ya man, Sublime has a better scarlet begonias than the Dead.." and he's like "naaaaaaaaaah dude. come over and smoke some bubblegum after school." I go over to his mom's apartment on Fern St. and dude pulls out the craziest bong I'd seen- there weren't too many high school kids with Dead family quality glass, weed, or doses- and a box full of nug jars. Dude starts packing some shit, he's like "some bubblegum from the Maine family mumble mumble mumble." Put on some Dead and we get fried. There was no going back after that. Became a deadhead and couldn't go back to my buddy Frank's "kind-a bud," which is what the old man called bags of shake and seeds, "it's not really buds, it's kinda bud."

The AK brings back memories too. The kids that did the Lambs Bread had an AK room going at the time too.

Your weed adventures are bringing back so many memories. hahahah

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1276 on: February 07, 2022, 09:05:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

two old school classics. first headies I ever got was from this dude in high school, Rat Nest Randy. Randy was a fruitbooter and a Deadhead. Full works, total patchwork corduroy outfits, rat nest dreads and beard, always always smelling like the nag champa and kind bud. always had the doses too in like 2001 before that bust and decade long drought came. but Randy would only sell 8ths and they were 60 bucks, if you wanted to spend 20, he'd smoke you out as much as you wanted and send you on the way with a big fat nug. Anyways, dude was like "mumble mumble mumble Grateful Dead.... mumble mumble mumvble" and I sez "ya man, Sublime has a better scarlet begonias than the Dead.." and he's like "naaaaaaaaaah dude. come over and smoke some bubblegum after school." I go over to his mom's apartment on Fern St. and dude pulls out the craziest bong I'd seen- there weren't too many high school kids with Dead family quality glass, weed, or doses- and a box full of nug jars. Dude starts packing some shit, he's like "some bubblegum from the Maine family mumble mumble mumble." Put on some Dead and we get fried. There was no going back after that. Became a deadhead and couldn't go back to my buddy Frank's "kind-a bud," which is what the old man called bags of shake and seeds, "it's not really buds, it's kinda bud."

The AK brings back memories too. The kids that did the Lambs Bread had an AK room going at the time too.

Your weed adventures are bringing back so many memories. hahahah

Hahahha dude you didn't have to tell me what he smells like, I could have just guessed it from everything else. I used to refer to patchouli as "hippie stink" because I could never remember what it was called. Then years later I started hanging out at festivals and playing a suspicious amount of hacky sack, though I never went full wookie and never wore any funky oils.

This white MAC is banging. Really clean and energetic, upbeat high. I just put on some early Megadeth and got super into it, so I guess it pairs well with thrash metal. It's got a little more dank earthiness to it than the Mac n cheese but it's pretty similar tasting overall. I tried to take pics with some different lighting and balances to really show how crusty this stuff is. It really does look almost white in the right light. MAC bud structure, dense as fuck with thick sugar leaves. This batch was less than a month old so despite the weird metal jars they use it wasn't that dry. Usually with this grower I have to let it sit overnight with a hydrostone to get it where I want it. The high isn't as euphoric as LB or jack but it's strong and surprisingly functional. Effects are a little more classic sativa leaning than the MAC n cheese was, its not as abstract. I really dig it so far, there's not a lot of strains that I can smoke one medium size cone of and be good to go but this is one of them.

https://imgur.com/a/lcnDI01

I didn't try the strawberry AK yet. That one was a few months old and really dry, so it's getting the hydrostone treatment right now. Hopefully it's better than the cherry AK I bought a while back and have smoked exactly half a J of so far. That one is just a generic, soulless hydroponic high and a perfect example of breeding for THC and really nothing else. If the weather stays above freezing I make take tomorrow off to skate and explore and maybe check out one of the dispensaries I haven't been to yet.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1277 on: February 07, 2022, 09:42:40 AM »
right now i am sitting in the work bathroom, smoking a $7 half-gram hash cartridge i bought saturday. the med dispo I shop at has great prices but these new colorado laws suck ass and make it really hard to stock up. anyways, do y'all smoke weed at work or do you wait until after? i work shitty jobs so I pretty much can/always have to in order to get through the day lol. shoutout weed
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1278 on: February 07, 2022, 10:47:53 PM »
I have tried to do the vape at work thing but honestly I don't really have time and I have a good job so it's not worth risking it trying to sneak around. I just wait until I get home or call off if I really feel like I absolutely can't wait 8 hours to burn one. I keep really strange hours and have sleep issues though so I don't always follow a "wake up, go to work, leisure time, bed" routine like most people.

PA DOH just laid the smack down on a whooooole bunch of the dodgy carts in our program. They had previously approved all of them but it looks like they're not allowing botanical (non Cannabis) terps and artificial flavors anymore. One of the dispensaries (who's house brand is nothing but botanical flavored carts) threw all their toys out of the crib and pulled EVERY cart from their menu for a couple days until they got sufficiently roasted for it on social media. One grower is claiming that they were only using legit terps and don't know why they were pulled but that might just be the "deny deny deny deflect deflect deflect" strategy.

I applaud it. I absolutely hate flavored carts and regular distillate ones are almost as bad. There's so many amazing tasting strains and the processes and equipment for making live resin are public knowledge at this point, so there's no real reason to be making Pina colada carts anymore in my opinion.

SATIVA HYBRID

« Reply #1279 on: February 08, 2022, 07:41:25 AM »
I have tried to do the vape at work thing but honestly I don't really have time and I have a good job so it's not worth risking it trying to sneak around. I just wait until I get home or call off if I really feel like I absolutely can't wait 8 hours to burn one. I keep really strange hours and have sleep issues though so I don't always follow a "wake up, go to work, leisure time, bed" routine like most people.

PA DOH just laid the smack down on a whooooole bunch of the dodgy carts in our program. They had previously approved all of them but it looks like they're not allowing botanical (non Cannabis) terps and artificial flavors anymore. One of the dispensaries (who's house brand is nothing but botanical flavored carts) threw all their toys out of the crib and pulled EVERY cart from their menu for a couple days until they got sufficiently roasted for it on social media. One grower is claiming that they were only using legit terps and don't know why they were pulled but that might just be the "deny deny deny deflect deflect deflect" strategy.

I applaud it. I absolutely hate flavored carts and regular distillate ones are almost as bad. There's so many amazing tasting strains and the processes and equipment for making live resin are public knowledge at this point, so there's no real reason to be making Pina colada carts anymore in my opinion.

i can't blame you for that, a good job is worth much more than a hit of some dope. if i made salary i would probably do the same.

as for the carts, i applaud it too. I hate how risky that market has grown to be, and while I'm thankful it's not as much of a problem in CO I still find myself wondering how counterfeit carts are gonna fit in this whole schematic.
I would quit buying the Pina Colada carts if they didn't charge so damn much for the rosin carts, with how much they charge it feels extremely gatekeepy given the accessability like you mentioned, kinda unfair given the health circumstance but whatever. if money/convenience weren't a factor i'd say damn the carts all to hell and just smoke flower or "real" concentrate

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1280 on: February 08, 2022, 11:20:54 AM »

I don't fuck with carts after watching them be produced legally and less than legally over the past 7 or so years. People/businesses (not just in CA) were using the nastiest moldy weed (which may or may not matter), and the nastiest, darkest sheets of BHO. all the filler shit was nasty too. Seriously, y'all have no idea

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1281 on: February 08, 2022, 10:06:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't fuck with carts after watching them be produced legally and less than legally over the past 7 or so years. People/businesses (not just in CA) were using the nastiest moldy weed (which may or may not matter), and the nastiest, darkest sheets of BHO. all the filler shit was nasty too. Seriously, y'all have no idea

Yeah that's kind of why I only fuck with the live resin ones for the most part. You can hide low quality starting material a lot better when you can just drown it in terps or god only knows what other additives. Live resin and rosin carts are basically just liquified trichomes if they're done right and I try to stick to only a couple companies that I know aren't using crazy solvents or trying to pass off trim run as an actual extract. All of the growers who got bopped are the greedy types that just push for THC numbers in their bud and treat it as a cash crop rather than a craft growing industry like they love to claim. Thankfully my vet discount makes things just barely manageable financially as long as I bargain hunt. @SATIVA HYBRID Have you ever tried making your own carts from concentrates? You might be able to save some money that way and you at least know what's in it.

And, touching on both those themes, my fav dispensary had 25% off (stackable with 15% vet discount) today. I was just barely able to resist buying more flower (I have a grocery bag of jars im working through one j at a time) but I did restock on some of my favs -

1g crown royale (blueberry x purple kush) LLR cart - I've almost cleared out the inventory in my area of this strain. This was the last cart of it I could buy without crossing a river.

1g sweet tooth budder - liked it so much last time I bought it again. It really is a sweet treat, it tastes like some candy I can't quite put my finger on but it's delicious. 7% myrcene so it's straight to floaty head and closed eyes after a few dabs.

500mg durban poison LLR cart - same awesome 8% terpinoline batch as last time but the fill level is bullshit... A quarter of the cart is empty before I've even taken a hit. This particular company is notorious for this to the point they've put out printed propaganda about how its "headspace" from their special "absorbent wicks"... as if every other company isn't using the same mass produced Chinese hardware yet they all manage to fill theirs to the top. There wasn't even a bubble in my crown royale cart. If this hadn't been effectively 40% off I'd be pretty fucking annoyed but unfortunately it's really fucking good so I'll realistically just keep buying it and whining instead.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 03:12:54 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1282 on: February 10, 2022, 02:40:43 AM »
Ok just got around to trying the strawberry AKeil. Found a couple small immature seeds while breaking it up but nothing egregious. Much like the lambs bread (same grower) it doesn't look all that special and the terps on the label aren't that impressive but it smokes wonderfully. The taste is pure bubblegum, super sweet with a little fruit and earthiness tucked underneath. I'm pleasantly surprised. It's way better than the cherry AK and it definitely hit the nostalgia switch for me. Not bad. I might buy another gram next time I see it, if they tighten up their grow a little bit I think this strain has potential.

Weed snob rant -

Rolled up the last of my blue agave in a gumless club rice paper. They're a pain to roll with but sometimes I'll make cones with them and those OCB/RAW tips if I want an ideal smoke or the bud is special. It really does make a huge difference... If all you're used to is zigzags or ezwider or something like that then you don't even realize how much burnt paper taste they impart. I did the inverse yesterday and rolled up some of the white MAC in a zig zag and almost choked on the first hit from how much I could taste/feel the paper. Blechh.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1283 on: February 11, 2022, 11:50:57 PM »
Got a new hot one today. Really excited about it. Finally pulled the trigger on "Citrus Spice" and holy shit is this stuff dank. It looks like it's glazed and you can't even really grind it, it just rolls up into little balls hahaha. So I bought this based solely on the terp profile and trusting the grower but from what I could find out about it it is apparently also known as orange spice and the genetics are (double gum x white widow). It has a lot of ocimene so the white widow makes sense. Supposed to be a 50/50 hybrid but I'm going to try it for breakfast. Will report back shortly.

https://imgur.com/a/9xMTFvp

Edit: Wow. Definitely didn't disappoint. The widow lineage seems even more likely now because I'm dumb high. Definitely not the focused and energetic high like their Jack, but great in its own way. Lots of euphoria, much stronger body effect than I was anticipating, and damn was it ever tasty. This would be really great for getting lost in a video game or something like that where you want to chill on the couch and be baked but not fall asleep. Having it for breakfast may have been a mistake because I'm not feeling particularly motivated. I may have to try swapping over to durban after I get out of the shower if I want to have any hope of making it out the door today haha.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 01:46:50 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1284 on: February 13, 2022, 02:31:11 AM »
What's everyone's super bowl treat? I rolled a joint of citrus spice with a hash snake in it for pre-game and a fatty of blue agave for half time. I'll also have my sweet tooth badder and crown royale vapes available to calm my nerves if I'm close to winning money.

Anyone tried Larry Lovestein (chem 4 x Larry OG)? Every dispensary here always has it (guess it sells because of Mac Miller) and the THC is always sky high which makes me think it's grown specifically for that reason like a lot of GMO/Garlic strains.

Also looking for input on Magic Johnson which is Durban Poison (one of my top 3 strains) crossed with The White. The terps look awesome but the reviews are poor and this grower has a reputation for being hit and miss with a lot more misses than hits recently. Also after going back and smoking more of that white MAC, I'm not sure if another the white cross excites me. It was pretty meh last two times.

I really wish growers would just grow regular landraces. I know they think it wont sell because it's not 30% thc, purple, or named after a baked good but I think they'd be surprised how many people would line up to buy a good cut of real Afghanica or tropical sativa.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #1285 on: February 13, 2022, 08:35:17 AM »
Is there an indica strain out there that’s not overwhelmingly strong, gives a good body high and makes you feel relaxed and euphoric, but not totally couchlocked,  anxious, paranoid or “in your head” whatsoever?  Something good for playing or listening to music, and that if I end up having to do adult things I’ll still have the presence of mind to do so.

SATIVA HYBRID

« Reply #1286 on: February 13, 2022, 08:56:00 AM »
What's everyone's super bowl treat? I rolled a joint of citrus spice with a hash snake in it for pre-game and a fatty of blue agave for half time. I'll also have my sweet tooth badder and crown royale vapes available to calm my nerves if I'm close to winning money.

Anyone tried Larry Lovestein (chem 4 x Larry OG)? Every dispensary here always has it (guess it sells because of Mac Miller) and the THC is always sky high which makes me think it's grown specifically for that reason like a lot of GMO/Garlic strains.

Also looking for input on Magic Johnson which is Durban Poison (one of my top 3 strains) crossed with The White. The terps look awesome but the reviews are poor and this grower has a reputation for being hit and miss with a lot more misses than hits recently. Also after going back and smoking more of that white MAC, I'm not sure if another the white cross excites me. It was pretty meh last two times.

I really wish growers would just grow regular landraces. I know they think it wont sell because it's not 30% thc, purple, or named after a baked good but I think they'd be surprised how many people would line up to buy a good cut of real Afghanica or tropical sativa.

I have some Orange Cookie x Kush Mints to roll, some MAC sugar wax and a Strawnana cart (lol). will most likely roll some of the bud in a dutch. where do you find out all this stuff about terps? read through a couple of your posts and you seem to have more knowledge about the subject than anyone I've met in 5+ years of med shopping in colorado, which is quite a feat

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #1287 on: February 13, 2022, 09:22:30 AM »

Got some White Cherry Gelatto lined up for some nice bowl action. Very nice terp profile - nutty and gassy with that sweet cherry taste thrown in. Would love it if someone offered landrace strains around these parts but I assume that landrace strains are far more difficult to grow than your modern hybrid because of environmental factors. Heirloom strains, especially the different varieties of Kush, are a good middle ground for the time being imo.

Always thought it would be awesome though for a boutique shop to exclusively produce landrace strains from seed to storefront. Always wanted to try Malawi Gold and experience a true Sativa in its most pure form, panic attacks and all.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1288 on: February 13, 2022, 12:50:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have some Orange Cookie x Kush Mints to roll, some MAC sugar wax and a Strawnana cart (lol). will most likely roll some of the bud in a dutch. where do you find out all this stuff about terps? read through a couple of your posts and you seem to have more knowledge about the subject than anyone I've met in 5+ years of med shopping in colorado, which is quite a feat

Well I'm borderline obsessive about the things that interest me (see also: the 2020 woodshop thread) but one thing that PA gets mostly correct is our labelling requirements. At first I was just buying by THC and older strains that I knew like bubba kush and orange krush but then I started paying attention to the terp analysis on the labels and reading up on it. I just started really paying attention to the first few hits and kinda figured out what tastes/smells like what based on what was in the highest proportion and what tasted strongest. For example here's the label from the cart I just grabbed for after the game -

So like I know myrcene relaxes me and makes my head float, limonene makes my eyes heavy, and caryophellene relaxes my muscles and kills pain. This should be heavy duty and great to help me fall asleep but probably won't be very euphoric. That's basically how I think about it.

Honestly though I think almost all old stoners kind of inherently know all this stuff, they just don't necessarily have the terminology to explain it. I don't want to tag Frank because he's taking a break but he described strains from memory that perfectly matched the terp profile, he just didn't know that caryophellene is what the earthy/peppery terp is or pinene is the piney one.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1289 on: February 13, 2022, 01:15:48 PM »
Is there an indica strain out there that’s not overwhelmingly strong, gives a good body high and makes you feel relaxed and euphoric, but not totally couchlocked,  anxious, paranoid or “in your head” whatsoever?  Something good for playing or listening to music, and that if I end up having to do adult things I’ll still have the presence of mind to do so.

Are you in a rec/med state? If you are and you're able to track down someone who grows it Blue Agave from compound genetics is exactly what you described. It's my "I need to be a functional adult even though I really don't want to" strain.

Do you have any past strains you've enjoyed? If you've tried the typical modern high thc candy weed and found it overwhelming or off putting you may have better luck with something that has some cbd and a mild thc level.

Also you may find better luck with sativas as far as music goes - in terms of creativity, euphoria, and keeping you off the couch they're going to work best. To keep the anxiety and paranoia level down I would look for something that has a fair bit of myrcene (like second or third most prevalent terp at least). I think something like Lamb's Bread or Golden Goat would be a really good fit for the creative/euphoric part. Tangie and Jack Herer could be good too, but I'd look for a mild thc cut because they can be fairly strong. All 4 strains make me do hideous white guy dance moves and sing in the shower.

I would avoid haze or sour diesel style strains at least at first, if you develop a tolerance they can be very creative and abstract but also overwhelming at times. If the primary terp is limonene that would also be a red flag for me as they tend to be heavy handed and sometimes even venture into dysphoria territory.

Let me know where you are, what you've tried, and what you like and I'll see if I can come up with something better that will be easy to find around you.