Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 797038 times)

Dmng and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #2280 on: November 19, 2019, 10:19:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone ride Crupie wheels before? Tempted to try a pair of their slim wheels, Joey Brezinski's model is 27mm other models are around 28mm wide. Looking for some skinny ass wheels for smoother slides
[close]

If you're look for a thin wheel then they're great. I personally liked Crupies when I was using them, but I wouldn't buy a set for full price. Keep looking around and they'll pop for super cheap. They also tend to bark a bit more than F4s and the like but personally didn't bug me.

They are going for $14 USD, free shipping at $75 within USA, $8 flat shipping globally. Very affordable, thinking about bringing a few sets in to sell them to cover the costs of my own purchase.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

sneakpeekmeek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #2281 on: November 19, 2019, 10:44:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone ride Crupie wheels before? Tempted to try a pair of their slim wheels, Joey Brezinski's model is 27mm other models are around 28mm wide. Looking for some skinny ass wheels for smoother slides
[close]

If you're look for a thin wheel then they're great. I personally liked Crupies when I was using them, but I wouldn't buy a set for full price. Keep looking around and they'll pop for super cheap. They also tend to bark a bit more than F4s and the like but personally didn't bug me.
[close]

They are going for $14 USD, free shipping at $75 within USA, $8 flat shipping globally. Very affordable, thinking about bringing a few sets in to sell them to cover the costs of my own purchase.

no 50mms though :[

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2282 on: November 19, 2019, 11:17:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

no 50mms though :[

50mm wheels are really hard to find, smallest most brands do is 51mm.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #2283 on: November 20, 2019, 06:53:54 AM »

I would go with these
https://bones.com/bones-wheels-pro-stf-skateboard-wheels-rogers-spirit-wolf-52mm-v3-slims-103a-4pk

I jumped on the crupie bandwagon really quick because I like a slim wheel and crupie graphics a little more than bones. The first pair of Crupie I had flat-spotted really early on. I bought 2 more sets from the concrete visionary site when they were on sale late time. They sent me the wrong wheels. I wanted a 27mm and a 29mm and I got 2 sets of 29mm. The customer service offered me a website code instead of a refund and return which I never got. The second set I skated just felt soft. They were 101a but I just prefer an 83b. 101s don't slide enough for me. The third set I sold to someone.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:56:52 AM by TwisT »

alright

« Reply #2284 on: November 20, 2019, 07:05:30 AM »

I'm riding some right now and I have another set I'm about to throw on a new setup. The set I have on now are 53mm. They're okay....

Like someone else on this thread, I got them fron concrete visionary. I think for $12 a set which was for sure worth it. I would not buy a set full price but if you catch them on sale, by all keans go for it. The set I havent used yet are 52mm. The carlos iqui metric. I like how they look and they should work out alright.

I do plan on swapping the 53mm I have with sone wider f4's or maybe bones. I need a wheel that can handle a more rough and tumble surface.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #2285 on: November 20, 2019, 07:11:42 AM »
;D

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2286 on: November 20, 2019, 03:17:25 PM »
I've been rocking STF V3s off and on, great wheel. Slim and slidey.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2287 on: November 20, 2019, 06:00:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would go with these
https://bones.com/bones-wheels-pro-stf-skateboard-wheels-rogers-spirit-wolf-52mm-v3-slims-103a-4pk

I jumped on the crupie bandwagon really quick because I like a slim wheel and crupie graphics a little more than bones. The first pair of Crupie I had flat-spotted really early on. I bought 2 more sets from the concrete visionary site when they were on sale late time. They sent me the wrong wheels. I wanted a 27mm and a 29mm and I got 2 sets of 29mm. The customer service offered me a website code instead of a refund and return which I never got. The second set I skated just felt soft. They were 101a but I just prefer an 83b. 101s don't slide enough for me. The third set I sold to someone.

Their product QC, customer support and website seem to be a step behind. At $15 for wheels you can't expect too much for their product; which is a shame. They got a great team (Sarmiento, Brezinsk, Cerenzini, assorted Primitive dudes) and graphics. But their website is tough to navigate and doesn't accurately state what products are in stock or not.

I would try some Bones V3s but the shops in my area only have V1 or V4s.

Expand Quote
[close]
;D

PHRASING!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Diocletian

« Reply #2288 on: November 22, 2019, 01:06:29 PM »
Anyone here have experience with bones 100’s vs spitfire regular non-F4 classic formulas at indoor parks and know which one is grippier?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2289 on: November 22, 2019, 04:27:45 PM »
Anyone here have experience with bones 100’s vs spitfire regular non-F4 classic formulas at indoor parks and know which one is grippier?
For what I remember Spitfire 99d were grippier.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2290 on: November 22, 2019, 05:32:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

See I remember the Bones being grippier. Spitfire Classics and Bigheads are soft/bouncy feeling but they feel pretty slippery to me. Like in an uncontrolled way.

I’m in the market for indoor wheels too and I think I’ll be trying some Slime Balls.  My F4 99as are great on boxes and all but Skatelite transition is scary on them.  I was considering 92a Clouds but I think that would be too soft.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #2291 on: November 23, 2019, 05:51:42 AM »
Having a really good time skating curbs and ledges on the 42mm Boardy Cakes. My usual wheel size is 55mm, so they're a pretty different ride for sure. They're not gonna become my new regular wheels, but I'll definitely keep them around to mix it up a little from time to time.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2292 on: November 24, 2019, 04:30:14 PM »
Having a really good time skating curbs and ledges on the 42mm Boardy Cakes. My usual wheel size is 55mm, so they're a pretty different ride for sure. They're not gonna become my new regular wheels, but I'll definitely keep them around to mix it up a little from time to time.

over 10mm difference goddamn. how much has your pop changed if any at all?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

woodinbrine

• ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #2293 on: November 25, 2019, 09:46:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

over 10mm difference goddamn. how much has your pop changed if any at all?

I actually got noticably higher kickflips on these things. I’m a pretty lousy skater to be honest, and I can’t do anything switch, but I tried some nollies and feel like this setup might be really helpful for me to practice getting my left leg up to speed.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 06:09:54 AM by woodinbrine »

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #2294 on: November 25, 2019, 12:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

See I remember the Bones being grippier. Spitfire Classics and Bigheads are soft/bouncy feeling but they feel pretty slippery to me. Like in an uncontrolled way.

I’m in the market for indoor wheels too and I think I’ll be trying some Slime Balls.  My F4 99as are great on boxes and all but Skatelite transition is scary on them.  I was considering 92a Clouds but I think that would be too soft.

I have both set up on different boards that I have used at a really slippery indoor park a few times and can say from my experience the 99 spits feel less slippery. But they’ve been well broken in in the streets where the 100 bones I’ve only skated a handful of times in the streets and again in my experience bones take a little longer to break in so could be that. The 100 bones do feel mushier and bouncier though on top of sliding more (which I wasn’t expecting).

ohthembones

« Reply #2295 on: November 25, 2019, 03:32:39 PM »
I can't find the post but someone asked me how the Ricta Rapido Slims compared in width to Spitfire Radial Slims. Here they are with some Bones V1 Easy Streets Naturals (my current favorites) then the Ricta's and the Spitfire's on the bottom (borrowed the Radial Slims since anything other than black Classic F4 Spitfire's have gone extinct on this island). All are 54mm. All have an almost identical starting contact patch.

I haven't ridden the Rictas yet but plan to later this week.

Regarding the Bones Easy Streets the difference between the naturals and the white w/treads version is like night and day. The naturals, which are smooth feel broken-in almost right away and the slide doesn't really change. Not having that initial and misleading too grippy feeling from the treads has made me like these wheels even more.

ohthembones

« Reply #2296 on: November 25, 2019, 07:05:28 PM »
Okay, so I skated them today...for 15 minutes. Fast, not chattery, super grippy and apparently not so durable. After literally fifteen minutes of skating on the roads outside my house, about a dozen moderate speed 180 power slides and the wheels already have flat spots and numerous large chunks just gone from the wheel (the photo isn't even the worst of them). The roads here are rough but they aren't that rough. I was shocked when I looked down at them. I haven't flat spotted a Bones or Spitfire wheel the entire time I've been skating these streets. So yeah, utterly disappointing and straight back to Bones until some Spitfires make their way here. Perhaps good for indoors or slippery surfaces but other than that, I'm gonna take a hard pass on the Ricta Rapido formula. The 92A Chrome Clouds slide easier and hold up way better than these did on the streets here.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2297 on: November 25, 2019, 08:43:41 PM »
Okay, so I skated them today...for 15 minutes. Fast, not chattery, super grippy and apparently not so durable. After literally fifteen minutes of skating on the roads outside my house, about a dozen moderate speed 180 power slides and the wheels already have flat spots and numerous large chunks just gone from the wheel (the photo isn't even the worst of them). The roads here are rough but they aren't that rough. I was shocked when I looked down at them. I haven't flat spotted a Bones or Spitfire wheel the entire time I've been skating these streets. So yeah, utterly disappointing and straight back to Bones until some Spitfires make their way here. Perhaps good for indoors or slippery surfaces but other than that, I'm gonna take a hard pass on the Ricta Rapido formula. The 92A Chrome Clouds slide easier and hold up way better than these did on the streets here.

Wow, my 99a rapido chrome cores have held up much better than those...I'd put that photo up on insta and get them to cover you.

alright

« Reply #2298 on: November 25, 2019, 08:57:51 PM »

Wow, thats straight up gross. Someone mentioned calling them out on instagram to get them to cover you. Only way I could do that is if I was getting a refund.

That picture made sure I never skate rictas.

Lol, fuck them. Never knew they were such shit.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 09:00:04 PM by alright »

ohthembones

« Reply #2299 on: November 25, 2019, 09:28:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wow, thats straight up gross. Someone mentioned calling them out on instagram to get them to cover you. Only way I could do that is if I was getting a refund.

I really like their Cloud series and the Chrome Core Clouds in all three durometers are doing really well! I'm glad Xen's Chrome Cores are holding up! These Rapidos though, never again. Yeah, I'm sending NHS customer service an email with a photo of them. I have never seen a wheel go to shit this fast. Hopefully they'll send me some more Clouds or some OJ Elite's to try out.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2300 on: November 26, 2019, 07:02:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I really like their Cloud series and the Chrome Core Clouds in all three durometers are doing really well! I'm glad Xen's Chrome Cores are holding up! These Rapidos though, never again. Yeah, I'm sending NHS customer service an email with a photo of them. I have never seen a wheel go to shit this fast. Hopefully they'll send me some more Clouds or some OJ Elite's to try out.

I doubt they’ll even reply. They couldn’t be bothered to reply about my Bronsons going to shit despite contacting them in multiple ways.

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2301 on: November 26, 2019, 02:26:00 PM »

The last time I heard a guy at my local skatepark making a loud flat-spotted wheel sound, he was on Ricta rapido. That was enough for me to make an opinion on this brand.
Btw, I could have make the same picture with Wayward wheels. For the price of F4s, it was a pain  ::)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2302 on: November 26, 2019, 04:38:03 PM »
I'm way too deep into Spitfire country, only brand of wheels that I would like to try are sml or acid
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

woodinbrine

• ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #2303 on: November 27, 2019, 06:08:28 AM »
acid

Yeah has anyone on here tried the 99 or 101 duro wheels from Acid? I've seen positive posts about their Pods (got a set of those in my drawer, but didn't find the time to put them to the test before outdoor season ended) and I think I saw someone mention liking the Jelly Shots too, but I'm curious about how their harder wheels compare to the more common brands. Interested in the Sugar Cubes, but I guess I'm gonna have to wear down some of the wheels I already have before I can justify getting another set.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #2304 on: November 27, 2019, 10:41:34 AM »
I'm way too deep into Spitfire country, only brand of wheels that I would like to try are sml or acid

I usually only skate spitfire aswell, but I did try out a set of SML wheels and thought they were quite good but they felt just a little harder while also being 99a and they seemed to wear a little quicker. However they were also 30 USD compared to 40 USD for formula fours so I would recommend them personally. They also had a very loud powerslide which I liked

alright

« Reply #2305 on: November 27, 2019, 03:49:16 PM »
I'm debating going for bones or spitfire F4's to replace my crupie wheels. I have this sincere feeling that the wheels I'm riding are shit. I haven't seriously skated since this year, for 5+ years now so I'm pretty out of the loop. (also, if anyone has a pair of 53mm or lower wheels they want to get rid of, shameless  begging over here, I'm dirt poor from unexpected expenses at the moment and would love a hook up). I'm thinking size 51mm F4 tablets when I can afford them. I skate almost all street, on the east coast, on rough ass shitty terrain. What do you think is the best duro for that? Also, is there a better shape for trash ass east coast streets than the tablets? Would love to hear some opinions.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2306 on: November 27, 2019, 03:51:06 PM »
F4 99 Conicals 54mm
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 04:20:46 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #2307 on: November 27, 2019, 04:09:18 PM »
F4 rehabilitation slims man
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2308 on: November 27, 2019, 09:04:55 PM »
F4 99 Conical Fulls 54mm

Widest contact patch for rougher streets. Bigger diameter also helps.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
« Reply #2309 on: November 28, 2019, 03:48:29 AM »
I just got a set of Jivaro 53mm wheelbiters

53mm 101a conicals. Pretty much identical to spitfire conical full mold. I think I read that they use Creative urethane. I took them out yesterday running errands around town and was really impressed with them. Really fast and smooth feeling even on the rough Pittsburgh streets, in fact I had to drag my foot on the last little hill on the way home and I hardly ever do that. Didn't get to really properly test the slide out because it was wet and I was carrying two bags of groceries but I'm going to mess around with them a bit today.

I'm cautiously optimistic that these might end up being one of the best non-f4 wheels I've tried. If anyone wants a set coda has them on sale for 25.