Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584773 times)

Lin Thizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 86
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #6090 on: October 26, 2023, 11:40:37 AM »
I spontaneously came accross a podcast called "Not Today, Pal" hosted by the actor & actress who played Tony Sopranos' kids in the show The Sopranos.
Truth be told, I have not yet seen the whole series of The Sopranos but my ponderance today isn't really about The Sopranos or the Not Today, Pal podcast.
My ponderance is about their podcast logo:

Which one of you pals works on this show?

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #6091 on: October 26, 2023, 01:26:08 PM »
^^oh shit

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
« Reply #6092 on: October 27, 2023, 01:15:42 AM »
For Americans, Canadians
How much do you spend on candy etc to give out to trick or treaters and about how many would probably come to your house?

Just noticed at the shops they have put all this Halloween candy to give out even tho trick or treating isn't really done in Australia. There's seriously like 6 schools within 2 miles of my house I could be up for hundreds of $ if this shit takes off.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #6093 on: November 02, 2023, 03:00:12 AM »
Man one year I wanna have a hectic Halloween house  with like a dead priest hanging in the tree and heaps of upside down crosses and shit

Does anyone remember dog shit used to be white? I saw it on instagram but I totally remember it
Apparently it’s because they used to put too much bone in dog food and there’s better dog food now

I found this mildly amusing
listen to cosmic psychos

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1627
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #6094 on: November 03, 2023, 05:39:46 PM »
A movie with the same premise as "Multiplicity" starring Michael Keaton, but instead it involves each of the different Jim Greco phases.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Pasta Monster

« Reply #6095 on: November 23, 2023, 02:45:06 AM »
Why do Republicans want to get rid of hate crime laws?

nollieflip

• Rep: -17
« Reply #6096 on: November 23, 2023, 12:57:24 PM »

Why do some US citizens supporting some political party call out other US citizens supporting the other political party on racist policies but never mention the US uniparty war machine killing millions of people around the world and destroying countries so that the USA can continue to dominate/ loot the world.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #6097 on: November 26, 2023, 07:47:02 AM »
What does slap look like on the other side?

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #6098 on: November 26, 2023, 10:16:28 AM »
Why the hell do people feel like you HAVE to get married and HAVE to have kids. I ponder this all the time.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6099 on: November 28, 2023, 06:50:27 PM »
What's going to the Dr look like where you're from.

Does it usually help or do you leave confused and frightened like me?

How close to death do you gotta be in your state to get help?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Pasta Monster

« Reply #6100 on: November 28, 2023, 07:24:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why do some US citizens supporting some political party call out other US citizens supporting the other political party on racist policies but never mention the US uniparty war machine killing millions of people around the world and destroying countries so that the USA can continue to dominate/ loot the world.
It’s like pointing out that the sky is blue, and complaining doesn’t bring change

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #6101 on: November 28, 2023, 08:19:41 PM »

there's universal healthcare where i live, people bellyache about the wait times, but they're wrong because realistically spending a day in a waiting room every few years is a small price to pay for everyone having access to quality medical treatment. its still a b to navigate the medical system though, bureaucracy and egos.
The process of getting to a physician you trust and a helpful diagnosis can be grueling and like you said, scary and depressing. But when im sick or hurt i feel that everything is kind of shit no matter what, so i try not to trip on the system.

I only go for emergencies or when i need bloodwork for something like a tic bite.

my heart goes out to anyone with ongoing health problems, naving the system all the time would be exhausting and caude a lot of anxiety.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #6102 on: November 29, 2023, 02:11:02 PM »
What if iconic tricks like Arto's fakie flip down that MACBA 4 block were filmed by Strobeck and his current style of filming where half his body was cut off and it was jerky? Would we still think it's that memorable without seeing how effortless Arto's upper body looked?

Irvine-Sucks.com

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6103 on: November 29, 2023, 11:39:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

there's universal healthcare where i live, people bellyache about the wait times, but they're wrong because realistically spending a day in a waiting room every few years is a small price to pay for everyone having access to quality medical treatment. its still a b to navigate the medical system though, bureaucracy and egos.
The process of getting to a physician you trust and a helpful diagnosis can be grueling and like you said, scary and depressing. But when im sick or hurt i feel that everything is kind of shit no matter what, so i try not to trip on the system.

I only go for emergencies or when i need bloodwork for something like a tic bite.

my heart goes out to anyone with ongoing health problems, naving the system all the time would be exhausting and caude a lot of anxiety.
You from Aus? You should routinely just check that your doc is still available. Heaps of places don't have free appointments anymore and you might have to use a bit of planning if you want to get seen at all.

For uncle flea yeah unfortunately leaving a docs kinda confused is pretty normal. I have dealt with some very shitty ones but generally doctors do actually want to help you (or at least get you out of there quickly) so getting them to write stuff down usually isn't a problem. Also couldn't hurt for you to plan ahead and write a clear list of questions/what you need to get sorted before you go in.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #6104 on: November 30, 2023, 02:00:24 PM »
Heard this caller on MR and wondered if that person posts on slap

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #6105 on: December 03, 2023, 10:45:24 AM »
What happened to KFC’s laptop meals? I’m missing that right now.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6106 on: December 06, 2023, 08:22:13 PM »
It feels like time stopped somewhere around 2015.  Something was lost; I don’t know what.

It seems like there’s stuff happening, but there really isn’t. 

I think that it’s got something to do with that popcorn kernel that looked like a Langolier.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6107 on: December 06, 2023, 09:02:11 PM »
^I have some weird pre and post 2015 shit I always think about too but I just chalk it up to me getting older, internet and streaming shit became standard and by that point everyone on earth had smartphones.

Today thinking about how wierd it is that there's less time between big fish boards with 60mm wheels and flip sorry than there is between like pretty sweet and today. (Or maybe not exactly but close enough)
And how in menikmati they had this old tom penny footage that would be like putting someone's 2018 footage out as a retrospective in a video today

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 17
  • fresh
« Reply #6108 on: December 07, 2023, 06:06:16 AM »
aleka lang off dc website. does anyone know what shoes he's currently skating?
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #6109 on: December 07, 2023, 04:22:10 PM »
aleka lang off dc website. does anyone know what shoes he's currently skating?

He's only an anagram away from lakae

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
« Reply #6110 on: December 08, 2023, 12:48:03 AM »
the song "you're so vain" by carly simon is like "you're so vain, you probably think this song is about you" but the song is about that person which she makes clear by singing it directly to them. so is the person's vanity really demonstrated by her singing this refrain towards them?
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6111 on: December 12, 2023, 03:59:56 PM »
If I found myself in your part of the world what beaches should I avoid if want to surf by myself
(A)pl(E)

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6112 on: December 21, 2023, 02:01:37 PM »
Why "trick" became the standard term for actions performed, other than pushing and turning, on a skateboard instead of "maneuver," "stunt," "move," etc.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6113 on: December 21, 2023, 07:06:39 PM »
Why "trick" became the standard term for actions performed, other than pushing and turning, on a skateboard instead of "maneuver," "stunt," "move," etc.
Fukn freestylers again

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
« Reply #6114 on: December 22, 2023, 01:42:34 AM »

yeah, i sometimes have an awkward awareness of the word "trick" when i hear it or use it in conversation - deep down i feel that is is a little devaluing to skateboarding, or maybe deep down i'm just cut that what i do are "tricks" and that skateboarding is silly and not as cool as i think it is. (must be noted that skateboarding is in fact silly and i love it for that)
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6115 on: December 22, 2023, 08:50:35 AM »
Heard this caller on MR and wondered if that person posts on slap

If they don't they should
(A)pl(E)

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • sup dog
« Reply #6116 on: December 22, 2023, 08:55:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, i sometimes have an awkward awareness of the word "trick" when i hear it or use it in conversation - deep down i feel that is is a little devaluing to skateboarding, or maybe deep down i'm just cut that what i do are "tricks" and that skateboarding is silly and not as cool as i think it is. (must be noted that skateboarding is in fact silly and i love it for that)
“Sick moves you got there broski”
“Radical moves!”

I can see the awkward 80’s movie with lots of flashy neon and half cut shirts, now.

Wait, wait… even better: “Top That”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oxxBXpnn2Jw&pp=ygUTdG9wIHRoYXQgdGVlbiB3aXRjaA%3D%3D

I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #6117 on: December 23, 2023, 11:52:38 AM »
Was lying in bed this morning and my stomach made a noise that reminded me of the beat in the Too Short's song "Blow The Whistle." Then I wondered if I'm the only person in the history of the world who's ever had that thought.

Irvine-Sucks.com

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • sup dog
« Reply #6118 on: December 24, 2023, 06:49:58 AM »
Was lying in bed this morning and my stomach made a noise that reminded me of the beat in the Too Short's song "Blow The Whistle." Then I wondered if I'm the only person in the history of the world who's ever had that thought.
Holy shit. 2024 trendwatch: Stomach-Core

I hope one day I can get a sick beat from my stomach, too. The 90’s dance remix of “Total Eclipse of the Heart”  would probably sound pretty good. 
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6119 on: December 25, 2023, 07:17:44 AM »
My life flashed before my eyes.

Are we real?

Am I actually on life support?

What's wrong with me?

Why is everything broken?