Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988004 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4560 on: April 20, 2020, 10:27:27 AM »
https://soursolution.us/collections/shop/products/gustav-g-t-8-0-8-25

Just picked up this Gustav deck from my shop. It was order online and curbside pickup so I didn't really see it before I grabbed it.

Website says it is a S4 shape with a 14.1 wb which is why I grabbed it. Wanted to try a shorter wb. When I looked at the board it's labeled s3 shape with 14.2 wb. Still stoked to set it up, it's just not what I thought it would be.

The graphic is a bit grainy. Doesn't matter but I expected the graphic to be neater, especially from a fashion-ish brand.

danmasontree

• Rep: 16
« Reply #4561 on: April 20, 2020, 10:44:09 AM »
Just picked this up.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4562 on: April 20, 2020, 01:36:42 PM »
I expected the graphic to be neater, especially from a fashion-ish brand.
lol wat?

formula420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4563 on: April 20, 2020, 02:18:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
lol wat?

What else do you call 35 dollar t shirts and cardigans?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #4564 on: April 20, 2020, 02:23:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
lol wat?
[close]

Although I feel the same way (re: prices), that’s just the cost these days. Sweatshirts cost $75, often. And truthfully, shit should probably cost more.

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4565 on: April 20, 2020, 05:39:38 PM »

AH 8.28” 31.7” 14.12”WB. This is the fourth 8.28 I’ve bought. The perfect shape for me. Thanks Ben Degros for the idea. I get nervous there isn’t one in this seasons catalog.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4566 on: April 20, 2020, 06:21:26 PM »
Expand Quote

I’ve never cheated on a girl before, but I have skated Thunders almost exclusively since 2006 and Im feeling weird that I just got a set of ACE 03’s for my main setup. Thunder 147’s are out of stock everywhere. Couldn’t even find Ventures which would’ve been my second choice. I still have some life left in my current trucks, but I’ll try these out after and hope they last until there isn’t a truck shortage
[close]

Those ace’s look sick! Hopefully you have a good time with em. I haven’t tried the lo. I’m not sure why I haven’t. Ace don’t really wheelbite all that much for me, I’m betting you could ride those with 52mm wheels w/o too much trouble. 52mm and 147s are about my limit
Both of those sets of wheels are 52’s. I know it’s all in my head, but I feel like I can’t lock into/pinch crooked grinds with anything bigger than that. The height of the axles are at the same height as an old set of 147’s I had laying around so I should be good. If I were to guess I’d say I’m still about a month away from needing to set these up
fuck you bama

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #4567 on: April 20, 2020, 09:15:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Took advantage of some element discount codes.

sold and profited.

Thought the National Geo board was longer. I prefer at the least 32in.
Havent skated element in years. I love that its BBS and I think graphics solid too.

Didnt know the duro of these wheels before I got them. Theyre 98. Considering to trade or sell them.
[close]

Your personal messages are probably blowing the fuck up with people trying to buy those bam wheels from you.
[close]

Imagine caring about a wheel graphic ::)
[close]

Imagine thinking someone wants to buy element wheels ::)

I’d skate bam wheels with this graphic if they were formula fours. Or put them on a cruiser if they were oj keyframes. Not even people who have element as their one sponsor skate element wheels. If somebody buys these off you I’ll Venmo you money.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #4568 on: April 21, 2020, 04:58:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
lol wat?
[close]

That's just the price of "streetwear" in europe, any skatebranded tee will cost 35-40.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4569 on: April 21, 2020, 09:50:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
lol wat?
[close]

[close]
That's just the price of "streetwear" in europe, any skatebranded tee will cost 35-40.

ok, and i would consider streetwear 'fashion-ish'

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #4570 on: April 21, 2020, 12:08:16 PM »
Maybe read the second half as well, and notice the quotation marks.

But sure, Sour is a fashion brand.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4571 on: April 21, 2020, 12:41:49 PM »
My shop took back the plan b I ordered and sent an Habitat in exchange. Pretty happy with their service, so happy that I ordered some 54 radials to support them even further. 
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #4572 on: April 22, 2020, 06:00:43 PM »
Just got the Lee Yankou "sea life" field sketch deck which I really don't need but wanted to support the local which is doing curbside pickups on some days.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
« Reply #4573 on: April 22, 2020, 09:17:03 PM »

got this the other night.

and my fourth pair of these;

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4574 on: April 23, 2020, 06:55:27 PM »
Ordered the AA Authentic Hi's. I couldn't decide between Old Skool Pros or Rowans, so I went the complete opposite direction.

Main thing I'm looking forward to is how Popcush compares to Ultracush. I can't find ANY reviews that compare the two in-depth. It's just "yeah popcush is ultracush but better." How is it better? Does it offer good support like Lakai? Does it last longer than Ultracush? How is the heelbed compared to Ultracush? etc etc etc.

I plan to wear/skate these for a few weeks and then make a dedicated thread comparing the two. I think it's important now that Vans has a new insole that isn't a variation of Ultracush.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4575 on: April 23, 2020, 08:38:46 PM »

I'm of wheel madness for a while with these.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4576 on: April 23, 2020, 08:52:08 PM »
Ordered the AA Authentic Hi's. I couldn't decide between Old Skool Pros or Rowans, so I went the complete opposite direction.

Main thing I'm looking forward to is how Popcush compares to Ultracush. I can't find ANY reviews that compare the two in-depth. It's just "yeah popcush is ultracush but better." How is it better? Does it offer good support like Lakai? Does it last longer than Ultracush? How is the heelbed compared to Ultracush? etc etc etc.

I plan to wear/skate these for a few weeks and then make a dedicated thread comparing the two. I think it's important now that Vans has a new insole that isn't a variation of Ultracush.
replied in another thread and also a few other threads weeks back - but I like it more. UltraCush bottoms out. It was real soft.  The is firmer compound that reminds me of Emerica g6 insole (wino skip on g6) I’ve interchanged them and not a huge difference except maybe thinner forefoot. Support I don’t know yeah heel cop wise they hold you in.. arch support you mean?

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4577 on: April 23, 2020, 09:29:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
replied in another thread and also a few other threads weeks back - but I like it more. UltraCush bottoms out. It was real soft.  The is firmer compound that reminds me of Emerica g6 insole (wino skip on g6) I’ve interchanged them and not a huge difference except maybe thinner forefoot. Support I don’t know yeah heel cop wise they hold you in.. arch support you mean?

I haven't had experience with Emerica yet.

By heelbed I mean when you put on Vans with Ultracush and it feels like your heel is sinking into the soft thick insole. Arch support is a concern as well for me. I'm hoping these insoles work out, hearing that they're much harder compared to Ultracush is a great sign.

I know FP gamechangers exist, but I shouldn't have to buy a separate pair of insoles for an expensive ($70-100) shoe to be good (looking at you Nike SB, fuck Zoom Air).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:35:08 PM by yourbreakfsat »

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #4578 on: April 24, 2020, 03:21:08 AM »

got this the other night.

and my fourth pair of these;

That kalis colorway is so good.

BelknappBruiser

• Rep: 23
« Reply #4579 on: April 24, 2020, 09:33:39 AM »

Domestics is the shit! Ordered some pants and a mask, but they must have had an issue with my shipping address... Joe sent me a text and an email to sort everything out and those great folks in New Jersey ended up sending me a free hooded sweatshirt and a load of stickers as a bonus! What a stand up company with some well made goods! I would definitely suggest supporting this company if you're able.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4580 on: April 24, 2020, 10:02:29 AM »

Domestics is the shit! Ordered some pants and a mask, but they must have had an issue with my shipping address... Joe sent me a text and an email to sort everything out and those great folks in New Jersey ended up sending me a free hooded sweatshirt and a load of stickers as a bonus! What a stand up company with some well made goods! I would definitely suggest supporting this company if you're able.

Hell yes. Domestics rules.

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #4581 on: April 24, 2020, 10:44:01 AM »

Just ordered a camo mask and a hat. Stoked
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 11:10:46 AM by Escape Hell »

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #4582 on: April 24, 2020, 11:00:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Just ordered a camp mask and a hat. Stoked
I know it's been asked a bunch, but how do those Domestics pants fit? I've heard mixed reviews.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #4583 on: April 24, 2020, 11:59:58 AM »
baker b16 8.475
bones swiss 6
thunder riptide pivot cups
spitfire conical full 99a 53mm
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
« Reply #4584 on: April 24, 2020, 02:04:44 PM »
I bought some cropped elwood pants from walmart.com for $8

they scrapped their skate program in like 2011. Does it still count?

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #4585 on: April 24, 2020, 04:07:48 PM »
got a 9" x 360" roll of jessup and i feel so powerful
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #4586 on: April 24, 2020, 05:14:29 PM »
staying strapped for the upcoming toilet paper shortage i see
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4587 on: April 24, 2020, 05:23:21 PM »

No man should have all this power

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #4588 on: April 24, 2020, 05:34:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
staying strapped for the upcoming toilet paper shortage i see

Hahah! Once I started skating mob, I couldn’t skate anything else
Super Champion Fun Zone

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #4589 on: April 24, 2020, 05:50:51 PM »
Shout out to the Volcom code that was passed around recently (EMPLOYEE50) Scored 3 of the frickin modern chinos. Best pant to skate in!!
Indy hardware: Phillips (2) - 7/8”
Bones Reds - affordable and reliable for me
Indy Stage 11 Silver/Gold Hollow kingpin/axle - 149
Bones STF 99A V4 Wides - 54mm
Beautiful Brown/Gum Etnies Joslin - 11.5
Super Champion Fun Zone