Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 989245 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #6660 on: June 04, 2021, 08:07:10 PM »
I got this friend who, I just found out changes his swiss bearings everytime he changes wheels which is like every 3months so I traded 7sets of slightly used bones swiss for some trees 8)

That sounds like the deal of the month! * If not the year, or decade even?

Did he take the shields off or leave them on?

Any which way, that is almost a set for life Bearing situation.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 98
« Reply #6661 on: June 04, 2021, 08:48:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Deck Specs:
Width: 8.27"
Length: 31.83"
Wheelbase: 14.22"
Nose: 6.8"
Tail: 6.6"

This is right up my weird dimensions alley...not quite an 8.25 and not quite and 8.3...Length and WB = not too long, not too short...tail around 6.5 Nose under 7" and on NHS wood.

Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks....
[close]
How’d you like it? I’m looking at Santa Cruz stuff myself. I have a BBS 8.5 that’s so mellow. Kind of eager to try something by NHS/DSM and I love the dimensions on this.
[close]

Love me some NHS/Dwindle/Girl wood...crispy, stiff and poppy...makes Ps/BBS feel mushy/waterlogged...I've made it a point to skate nothing else but NHS/DSM wood; it just feels good to me.

This deck, I found way too small (WB) but a great shape, medium all around. After many months and lots of $$$ fucking around with board sizes, and then skating a 14.5" WB for a week+ made me realize how much worse I skate on short and tight WB boards, and how much better I skate and feel on a longer WB...all the while thinking tighter/shorter is what I needed. Everything, my kickflips especially, were better on an 8.8x32x14.5"WB with 159s and 54mm wheels than the above with 144s and 52s...wtf.

NHS also has an 8.28" x 31.83 x 14.19WB (they just released an 8.25 with a 14.1875"WB)

So it's back to what I always used to skate: Santa Cruz or Creature with a 14.353 WBs (at one point they changed the 8.25 shapes and fucked them up so I left camp) with 149s indys.

Just grabbed this today:

8.25"x32.04"x14.35 - it's really fat, like AH hero fat.

I took a hard look at the GT AH (8.25x32x14.38) as this was also an old go to, but the shape of the creature is more fat/full in the nose and I prefer the China wood.

Love the Creature aesthetic. I'm an old stoner metal/hedger guy though so no surprise there. Guess them or Santa Cruz will be my next experiment. I notice I do a bit better the cost I get to 14"wb. I'm like 5'7 and 28" inseam though so I guess that makes sense.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6662 on: June 04, 2021, 08:57:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Deck Specs:
Width: 8.27"
Length: 31.83"
Wheelbase: 14.22"
Nose: 6.8"
Tail: 6.6"

This is right up my weird dimensions alley...not quite an 8.25 and not quite and 8.3...Length and WB = not too long, not too short...tail around 6.5 Nose under 7" and on NHS wood.

Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks....
[close]
How’d you like it? I’m looking at Santa Cruz stuff myself. I have a BBS 8.5 that’s so mellow. Kind of eager to try something by NHS/DSM and I love the dimensions on this.
[close]

Love me some NHS/Dwindle/Girl wood...crispy, stiff and poppy...makes Ps/BBS feel mushy/waterlogged...I've made it a point to skate nothing else but NHS/DSM wood; it just feels good to me.

This deck, I found way too small (WB) but a great shape, medium all around. After many months and lots of $$$ fucking around with board sizes, and then skating a 14.5" WB for a week+ made me realize how much worse I skate on short and tight WB boards, and how much better I skate and feel on a longer WB...all the while thinking tighter/shorter is what I needed. Everything, my kickflips especially, were better on an 8.8x32x14.5"WB with 159s and 54mm wheels than the above with 144s and 52s...wtf.

NHS also has an 8.28" x 31.83 x 14.19WB (they just released an 8.25 with a 14.1875"WB)

So it's back to what I always used to skate: Santa Cruz or Creature with a 14.353 WBs (at one point they changed the 8.25 shapes and fucked them up so I left camp) with 149s indys.

Just grabbed this today:

8.25"x32.04"x14.35 - it's really fat, like AH hero fat.

I took a hard look at the GT AH (8.25x32x14.38) as this was also an old go to, but the shape of the creature is more fat/full in the nose and I prefer the China wood.
[close]

Love the Creature aesthetic. I'm an old stoner metal/hedger guy though so no surprise there. Guess them or Santa Cruz will be my next experiment. I notice I do a bit better the cost I get to 14"wb. I'm like 5'7 and 28" inseam though so I guess that makes sense.

5’10.5” and a 32” inseam

Deck is also the ‘old school’ creature concave, mellow medium with steep kicks and almost one finger of flat each kick…very gradual kicks but still steep.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 10:10:57 AM by Xen »

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #6663 on: June 05, 2021, 12:14:36 AM »
Expand Quote
I got this friend who, I just found out changes his swiss bearings everytime he changes wheels which is like every 3months so I traded 7sets of slightly used bones swiss for some trees 8)
[close]

That sounds like the deal of the month! * If not the year, or decade even?

Did he take the shields off or leave them on?

Any which way, that is almost a set for life Bearing situation.
I think I’m set for life now, as I had 2 working sets already. I think I’m on my 4th set of swiss now, got my first set 12years ago lol. And yes, shields on on perfect condition as they’ve never been popped of for cleaning etc. I have this ultra sonic cleaner at work where I can truly clean them, been cleaning and lubing 4sets so far and found only one bearing with a bit damaged balls/cage…
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #6664 on: June 05, 2021, 11:33:52 AM »
Venture 6.1s. Commitment issues.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #6665 on: June 05, 2021, 09:45:16 PM »
Venture 6.1s. Commitment issues.

I want to hear more about thisssss

Rn I’m back n forth between 55c’s and 5.8s: ventures for wheels less than 54, ace above. Sticking with spitfire classics (I think)

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #6666 on: June 06, 2021, 08:30:38 PM »

After riding a wider board I got some ACE AF1 44’s for when I make the switch
54mm F4 classics. Also bigger than what I’d normally skate
Ran into Fos a couple days ago and got some 53mm Snot wheels to try out
Swiss Ceramics for my filming board
fuck you bama

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6667 on: June 06, 2021, 08:39:32 PM »

Wow I need some wheels. I should try running into Fos.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #6668 on: June 06, 2021, 08:42:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He’ll give you a board if you whip out your doodle and spin it around.

If you show him your scrotum and twist it 360 degrees (backside), he’ll sponsor you.

Isn’t that right, @darkthrone  ;)

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6669 on: June 06, 2021, 08:47:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He’ll give you a board if you whip out your doodle and spin it around.

If you show him your scrotum and twist it 360 degrees (backside), he’ll sponsor you.

Isn’t that right, @darkthrone  ;)

Shit, I've whipped out my doodle for less.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6670 on: June 06, 2021, 10:37:30 PM »

Big flex on the SWISS CERAMICS, damn...

I got a set of 97a 54mm Classics but I'm worried, my Radial Slims are worn down from 52mm to 50.5mm, going back up to 54mm has me worried.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #6671 on: June 06, 2021, 11:43:25 PM »

Heroin Eggaserhead with 151 Thunders, 48mm Spitfires and new Reds. It’s a dream

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #6672 on: June 06, 2021, 11:45:39 PM »

The Cromer is gonna be rad

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #6673 on: June 06, 2021, 11:49:58 PM »

The small egg is soooooo much fun. Curb killer

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #6674 on: June 07, 2021, 06:06:02 AM »

2x Strangelove Hell on Wheels 8.12" x 31.65" 14.12wb
Doom Sayers Snake Shake 8.25" x 31.65" 14.2ish wb (PS Stix)

Panic bought the yellow Hell on Wheels because the hypebeast dunk collector and ebay reseller types have made it so hard to get strangelove boards for people who actually want to skate them and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find the black one which is the one I wanted. The yellow is actually better looking than the black in person though, so I'm happy with both.

Doom is up there with toy machine for woodshop roulette and I didn't even realize they had done snake shakes in the last PS run so I was hyped to find one from a shop in El Paso. I got killed on the shipping and they forgot to throw the grip I paid for in the box but it happens so I'm not really mad. It was mob anyways and I'm a jessup (or blank grizzly if I want something grippier) kinda guy. Shape looks good, I haven't had a chance to mold match it yet but the tail is mellower than I was expecting. Nice stain too, if I have to get green then I definitely prefer one like this, almost a dark olive or something.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #6675 on: June 07, 2021, 07:16:40 AM »

2x Strangelove Hell on Wheels 8.12" x 31.65" 14.12wb
Doom Sayers Snake Shake 8.25" x 31.65" 14.2ish wb (PS Stix)

Panic bought the yellow Hell on Wheels because the hypebeast dunk collector and ebay reseller types have made it so hard to get strangelove boards for people who actually want to skate them and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find the black one which is the one I wanted. The yellow is actually better looking than the black in person though, so I'm happy with both.

Doom is up there with toy machine for woodshop roulette and I didn't even realize they had done snake shakes in the last PS run so I was hyped to find one from a shop in El Paso. I got killed on the shipping and they forgot to throw the grip I paid for in the box but it happens so I'm not really mad. It was mob anyways and I'm a jessup (or blank grizzly if I want something grippier) kinda guy. Shape looks good, I haven't had a chance to mold match it yet but the tail is mellower than I was expecting. Nice stain too, if I have to get green then I definitely prefer one like this, almost a dark olive or something.

Goddamn. These look fucking great. Very jealous. Had a doom board from back when and it was one of the best decks I’ve had.
Strangelove is the best company, always bummed I didn’t buy more paisley, including a few specific graphics. Wasn’t aware that the hb’s were buying them all up. The ones I’ve had have been perfect, mellow ps.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:32:58 AM by Ok »

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #6676 on: June 07, 2021, 07:27:42 AM »
I got 2 baker decks from that skate warehouse sale.
A Kader deck  8.47 x 14.25 a
T funk 8.38 x 14.5 ( my girlfriend liked the lotties graphic I’m worried how a flat deck with a big WB will pair with 55 af1s or if I should toss on ace 44c )but lately I’ve been feeling cramped on 14.25. But also am very use to it. Next deck will def be 8.3x14.37.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #6677 on: June 07, 2021, 10:29:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Big flex on the SWISS CERAMICS, damn...

I got a set of 97a 54mm Classics but I'm worried, my Radial Slims are worn down from 52mm to 50.5mm, going back up to 54mm has me worried.
I paired them with some OJ Super Juice wheels. My filming board is now pretty fast, extremely smooth, and almost completely quiet while rolling
fuck you bama

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6678 on: June 07, 2021, 10:45:17 AM »

Got these bad boys for $40 shipped. It was between this and Tiagos with an inverted kingpin, but I need the weight reduction more than grind clearance. I only really do slappies and boardslides on tranny.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #6679 on: June 07, 2021, 11:03:47 AM »
Got some back ups for my current shoes since I'm not emotionally ready to skate the Miffy cons.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #6680 on: June 08, 2021, 04:05:07 AM »
Hit up the Theories Memorial Day sale, spent just over the $100 mark for free shipping.

Get hungry on it!

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #6681 on: June 08, 2021, 01:07:55 PM »
Got some Lakai Telford's. They are really comfy out of the box and feel like a good support. Currently healing from a fucked ankle so I can't speak on how they skate yet.
IG: @flowterspace

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6682 on: June 08, 2021, 04:49:58 PM »

They just arrived. Got them super cheap and they're really comfy. Super stoked.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 07:25:29 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Velcro Wallet

« Reply #6683 on: June 08, 2021, 06:53:28 PM »

Just got a Krooked diamond vest delivered to work (anyone else get shit delivered to your work so you won’t get in trouble from the other half for spending money?)

It’s was $110 but got it on sale for $39. Stoked.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #6684 on: June 09, 2021, 05:58:13 AM »

Just got a Krooked diamond vest delivered to work (anyone else get shit delivered to your work so you won’t get in trouble from the other half for spending money?)

I do, but mainly because I have a fear of porch pirates.  I've never even had anything taken off my porch, nor have I heard about it happening to any of my neighbors, I just feel like the first time it did happen I'd be so inconsolably pissed I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Get hungry on it!

Cthunderw

• Rep: 16
« Reply #6685 on: June 09, 2021, 12:44:41 PM »
Gotta support companies when you love what they're doing.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 01:07:12 PM by Cthunderw »

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6686 on: June 09, 2021, 12:48:35 PM »

I get shit delivered to home and I have a ring. My wife can see it any time she wants, but half the thrill is just wearing a new pair of shoes for a few days before she notices. I like to live dangerously.

chrisskates808

« Reply #6687 on: June 09, 2021, 03:54:24 PM »
Toy machine 8.25
Vans slip on

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6688 on: June 09, 2021, 08:11:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I get shit delivered to home and I have a ring. My wife can see it any time she wants, but half the thrill is just wearing a new pair of shoes for a few days before she notices. I like to live dangerously.

Because of COVID I've worked from home the entire time while she's had to go in on alternating weeks. I schedule my deliveries to come on the weeks she's in office, use my lunch break to hoard my stuff.

"Are those new shoes and boards?"
"Oh yeah, yeah Homie #2 asked me to pick something up for him, so we can hit the free shipping"
" >:("
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Velcro Wallet