Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988026 times)

Creachteach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 120
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8100 on: December 03, 2022, 10:06:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Survived mostly in tact from Black Friday/Cyber Monday but spent more than I'd like... Stoked on what I got though!

- FA: 2x 8.5 shape #2 & 2x Mob
- 3x KSL G6
- 4x Marana
- 1x AH beanie from a local shop

In fairness, I have recently dropped off 4 boards (old and new), 3 shoes (old and new), and some skate clothes to a local skatepark after seeing @tom ? do similarly!

I have other shoes I'm trying to sell also to balance it back out
[close]

How are the Maranas working out for you? I see some guys swear by them.

My first pair of skate shoes coming back on the board is Nike Chron2 vulcs, just cause price point and vulcs being the more standard shoe nowadays. Back almost 22 years ago I hassled my mom for a pair of relatively puffy Osiris cups.
Put in an order for 2 pairs of Maranas on singles day, but had to go half size up on them. So still waiting for returns to come through.
[close]
Marana and Joslin need 0.5 up size for nearly everyone. That last runs a bit small but in the right size they feel solid!

They're my favorite shoes! Stiff at first and feel fairly snug but walking around and minimal cruising breaks them in quickly enough.  I have skated at least 10 pairs by now.

Super durable - minimum 2-3 months of solid  skating. Soles are hard to wear out, flick is reliable, hidden lace loops (many don't realize they have them), and they are well padded without feeling claustrophobic. Board feel is great for a cupsole but not as much as many vulcs. Especially once they start to break in but they feel stable even with that slight loss of board feel.

Thanks man! Now I’m looking even more forward to get them  :)

That was a real solid review. Do you get the OGs or the Michelins? Some say the difference in sole durability is a lot.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8101 on: December 04, 2022, 04:20:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Survived mostly in tact from Black Friday/Cyber Monday but spent more than I'd like... Stoked on what I got though!

- FA: 2x 8.5 shape #2 & 2x Mob
- 3x KSL G6
- 4x Marana
- 1x AH beanie from a local shop

In fairness, I have recently dropped off 4 boards (old and new), 3 shoes (old and new), and some skate clothes to a local skatepark after seeing @tom ? do similarly!

I have other shoes I'm trying to sell also to balance it back out
[close]

How are the Maranas working out for you? I see some guys swear by them.

My first pair of skate shoes coming back on the board is Nike Chron2 vulcs, just cause price point and vulcs being the more standard shoe nowadays. Back almost 22 years ago I hassled my mom for a pair of relatively puffy Osiris cups.
Put in an order for 2 pairs of Maranas on singles day, but had to go half size up on them. So still waiting for returns to come through.
[close]
Marana and Joslin need 0.5 up size for nearly everyone. That last runs a bit small but in the right size they feel solid!

They're my favorite shoes! Stiff at first and feel fairly snug but walking around and minimal cruising breaks them in quickly enough.  I have skated at least 10 pairs by now.

Super durable - minimum 2-3 months of solid  skating. Soles are hard to wear out, flick is reliable, hidden lace loops (many don't realize they have them), and they are well padded without feeling claustrophobic. Board feel is great for a cupsole but not as much as many vulcs. Especially once they start to break in but they feel stable even with that slight loss of board feel.
[close]

Thanks man! Now I’m looking even more forward to get them  :)

That was a real solid review. Do you get the OGs or the Michelins? Some say the difference in sole durability is a lot.

Michelins! The upper would outlast the OG sole pre-2017 (when Michelin solds released) when I first skated them. Loved them then but the Michelin only made them better. Firmer and more protective but not Lynx or D3 brick lack of board feel.

Ever since 2018 I've been running the Michelin ones and the sole competes with being as durable as the upper, which makes your money well spent if you end up enjoying them.

Happy to share !
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 10:52:53 AM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #8102 on: December 05, 2022, 02:36:18 PM »
Wasn’t buying stuff, but I slipped up and ordered some conical fulls, a 9.25 heroin egg and a Garrett young board from the bbs roger run

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #8103 on: December 05, 2022, 03:13:28 PM »

Black Friday sale purchases. HUF X Fourstar collab fleece (it's really nice). F4 99a 52 classics. Bones swiss 6. Some diamond Mike Carroll hardware just because I like the teal bolt. 

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #8104 on: December 05, 2022, 03:28:59 PM »
Wasn’t buying stuff, but I slipped up and ordered some conical fulls, a 9.25 heroin egg and a Garrett young board from the bbs roger run
pretty rad that roger is now running bbs as their woodshop for future boards

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8105 on: December 05, 2022, 06:41:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
pretty rad that roger is now running bbs as their woodshop for future boards
100 percent, last one I got before this had the bolts drilled a little off and I had to force my trucks on.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8106 on: December 05, 2022, 07:23:25 PM »
Finally picked up some Tiago 1010s. I was at a local shop by the beach last week and they were on sale just sitting there on a table ready to try on so I got sucked in. Feel like a total grandpa wearing them but they feel and skate amazing so eff it.

I thought the same on my first pair of 1010 and I've gotten tons of compliments about em. Embracing it, plus I'm an actual Dad.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8107 on: December 06, 2022, 05:00:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Finally picked up some Tiago 1010s. I was at a local shop by the beach last week and they were on sale just sitting there on a table ready to try on so I got sucked in. Feel like a total grandpa wearing them but they feel and skate amazing so eff it.
[close]

I thought the same on my first pair of 1010 and I've gotten tons of compliments about em. Embracing it, plus I'm an actual Dad.
Man, I couldn’t get into mine. Liked the way the felt in the shop but ended up not being able to skate more than 3 sessions in them and now they are just sitting. Also a dad haha. I switched to halfcabs and it’s the first pair I’ve skated in 24 years of skating and I’m really happy with them.

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #8108 on: December 06, 2022, 05:43:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, it was inevitable. Also a Dad. Not gonna lie, picked up the Primitive ones 'cause I can't not buy green shoes (fav chive Half Cabs, etc.)
Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8109 on: December 06, 2022, 07:10:24 AM »

From the thank you mystery box. Actually surprised on the quality of these decks and graphics. Wasn't expecting much but overall pleased.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8110 on: December 06, 2022, 08:45:27 AM »
Expand Quote
G027 Neils "not nine inch"

And another G069 twin tail, in a less than fetching orange and blue combo.
[close]

Psycho graphic. so sick

loooove this graphic.

This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8111 on: December 06, 2022, 08:47:55 AM »
biggest wheels I’ve ever bought, also first time trying radials

these are pretty cool. never had IKP baseplates. I put them on my stage 11 indy lows.

This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #8112 on: December 07, 2022, 05:45:50 AM »

My haul from the FA warehouse sale. Was hoping for anything but a Berle deck so 2 of the same Gino graphic is fine by me. All of this for 130 shipped.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8113 on: December 08, 2022, 02:05:42 PM »
just got this jawn in the mail! psyched to skate the B2 shape for the first time.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #8114 on: December 08, 2022, 09:39:05 PM »

Went a little overboard the past couple of weeks. Not shown are the several pairs of Campus’s I bought

2 pairs of Quasi utility pants
Quasi brown cords despite not wearing cords since 2007
Tiagos
8.25 Ben K Hockey/8.25 Vincent Touzery FA. First time I’ve bought either a Hockey or FA board
fuck you bama

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8115 on: December 09, 2022, 03:05:31 AM »

Xmas self present, too cheap on my local to let it pass
Also one Levi's 569 which feel really nice.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #8116 on: December 09, 2022, 07:38:32 PM »
Got tempted by a 30% sale from a local surf shop, picked up 4 enjoi supersap 8.5s.

Curious how these will feel against resin 7 boards

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #8117 on: December 09, 2022, 09:15:30 PM »

« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 09:39:20 PM by Not me »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8118 on: December 09, 2022, 11:42:06 PM »
Been playing soccer more lately so I scored some turf cleats and a pair of Forum Mids for about $112 shipped (free shipping by havjng an account) from that Adidas sale!

Eager to eventually skate the Forum Mids! I have some lows as chillers right now. Both of these are the Originals non skate line
Super Champion Fun Zone

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #8119 on: December 10, 2022, 06:21:45 AM »
A set of 8.5 Kader cast V Hollows. Super hard for me to find finally but got the damn things!

Terminal

« Reply #8120 on: December 10, 2022, 06:31:15 AM »
 Two Real Ishod 8.25's, set of F4's and three pairs of Kalis mids.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #8121 on: December 10, 2022, 06:39:41 AM »

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #8122 on: December 10, 2022, 07:50:46 AM »

Tell me you’re rich, without telling me you’re rich.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #8123 on: December 10, 2022, 08:03:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nope, I’m bad with money and the pandemic exacerbated my hoarding habits.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #8124 on: December 10, 2022, 03:01:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

You going to mix / match those two sets of Evan Smith wheels?

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #8125 on: December 10, 2022, 03:46:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

You going to mix / match those two sets of Evan Smith wheels?

It would be a true boss move to buy four sets and turn them into just normal matching wheels haha

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 118
« Reply #8126 on: December 13, 2022, 01:31:41 PM »
refilled stuff on black friday sale

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
« Reply #8127 on: December 13, 2022, 02:18:53 PM »
just got this jawn in the mail! psyched to skate the B2 shape for the first time.

I put this series on my xmas list, the wife and i are planning on having kids, and I thought they'd be sick in a childs room

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8128 on: December 13, 2022, 06:14:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I put this series on my xmas list, the wife and i are planning on having kids, and I thought they'd be sick in a childs room
The imagery is nice but having Tyson Peterson and Kader's aura around a baby just sounds wrong haha. At least the smell will match when you need to change diapers.

dmtr

• Rep: 20
« Reply #8129 on: December 14, 2022, 09:08:04 AM »

I accidentally left my computer open and my wife saw me lurking one of these  ;)
It's going under the tree, still happy I/she got me one!