Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 989350 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5700 on: December 02, 2020, 11:18:05 AM »
I bought a pair of diamond shoes off amazon that were shipped from shoebacca for $16, cause they were cheap.
The very next day I got a notice from Amazon that the order had been canceled because that item was sold out. No biggie, money refunded.

on the porch today there's a box from shoebacca with my name on it. Surprise!

I thought I had got some damaged, B grade, shoes, but then I saw others online in this IDK, bruised? style in a few other colorways. Definitely not in the description though.

Anyway, free shoes I guess.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #5701 on: December 02, 2020, 03:05:42 PM »
Got this second hand today, pretty stoked :)

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5702 on: December 02, 2020, 03:14:46 PM »

so that monument was removed this year? Does that enhance the stoke, and how old is the tee?

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5703 on: December 02, 2020, 03:20:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
so that monument was removed this year? Does that enhance the stoke, and how old is the tee?

Bit of a stoke enhancer, yeh! And I actually don't know when they released these tees, I'll have to follow up with the seller

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #5704 on: December 02, 2020, 03:41:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Bit of a stoke enhancer, yeh! And I actually don't know when they released these tees, I'll have to follow up with the seller

I grabbed a long sleeve one last year I believe.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5705 on: December 02, 2020, 03:50:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yeah I think it's commonly released, no? Been wanting a Kinetic shop tee. I really liked the Fritz the Cat graphic but I slept!

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5706 on: December 02, 2020, 05:55:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah I think it's commonly released, no? Been wanting a Kinetic shop tee. I really liked the Fritz the Cat graphic but I slept!

I live like 3 minutes from the shop and have a good relationship with them. If they post something you’re interested in shoot me a dm. I might be able to snag early to make sure you secure it.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5707 on: December 02, 2020, 06:14:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I live like 3 minutes from the shop and have a good relationship with them. If they post something you’re interested in shoot me a dm. I might be able to snag early to make sure you secure it.

Good looks, and shalom!

TumKayo

« Reply #5708 on: December 02, 2020, 08:25:11 PM »

white guy in a durag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #5709 on: December 02, 2020, 08:34:41 PM »

anxiously await seeing this in the set up thread. Was incredibly tempted by the deerman, just so I could have a 9"+ popsicle with a wheelbase smaller than 14.5

Banned from the room

« Reply #5710 on: December 02, 2020, 08:51:02 PM »
Lots of dope stuff.

That tech deck gave me an anxiety attack.

True east will never biodegrade now.

TumKayo

« Reply #5711 on: December 02, 2020, 09:12:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
anxiously await seeing this in the set up thread. Was incredibly tempted by the deerman, just so I could have a 9"+ popsicle with a wheelbase smaller than 14.5

I just set it up. Will post pics soon. I put Ace 66s on it, but they are white so they still color match!!

I’m measuring it at 9.375” wide and wb 14.375“, despite what the online measurements say. I actually did read that wb number somewhere, maybe skate warehouse? I asked Jay Nev to measure and confirm what I got, so we’ll see. I’m hyped, I was a little afraid of the 14.25” listed wb, and I like the extra width. First impression is it’s lighter feeling and snappier. Probably not as stable tho.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 09:31:05 PM by TumKayo »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1970
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5712 on: December 03, 2020, 11:07:10 PM »

Scooped up a rare Mother JJ board and some Thunder x Huf x Cromer trucks.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #5713 on: December 04, 2020, 04:22:51 AM »
Passport 8.25 × 31.75 × 14.25 "Tile life" ,board.

It's steep and I kind of hate it right now.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5714 on: December 04, 2020, 04:30:28 AM »

I hated my passport for real. 3 weeks in and it still feels unreliable for flip tricks. If you haven't skated it yet, I would just make it a wall board like I wish I had with mine.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #5715 on: December 04, 2020, 04:42:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I hated my passport for real. 3 weeks in and it still feels unreliable for flip tricks. If you haven't skated it yet, I would just make it a wall board like I wish I had with mine.

I'm trying to be good with my money so I might just have to live with it. I popped a few ollies, nollie heels, and fs 180's and I don't think it's for me. I'm coming from skating an 8.25 x 31.5 x 14 deck with a pretty flat concave so maybe that's the issue.

As soon as I stood on this thing I was struck by the madness though. Damn.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5716 on: December 04, 2020, 05:09:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I'm trying to be good with my money so I might just have to live with it. I popped a few ollies, nollie heels, and fs 180's and I don't think it's for me. I'm coming from skating an 8.25 x 31.5 x 14 deck with a pretty flat concave so maybe that's the issue.

Word. I hope it treats you better than mine did for me. I've had steep boards before and none of them felt as inconsistent as this one. I thought maybe I got a dud but your post made me think their boards just isn't for me.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #5717 on: December 04, 2020, 09:32:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Who makes 8.25 x 14? Primitive?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #5718 on: December 04, 2020, 10:46:11 AM »
I returned the 97a F4 classics I got and got black Ace 44s. I had some extra sets of 44s that I sold, but my current set it going to die soon and no matter what I tell myself I'm not going to be happy skating the Indys or Ventures that I have. I also think at this point I kind of like the Loopholes more than F4s maybe.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #5719 on: December 04, 2020, 02:23:56 PM »
Copped a baker 8.25 I had been eyeing with some mob grip. I wanted a lower concave than the high concave board I'd been skating. Board feels a lot smaller than my other 8.25 and wheelbase feels too long. Was skating a WKND Thompson board previously for reference. Can't complain about that fresh mob though, no better feeling imo.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5720 on: December 04, 2020, 05:19:08 PM »
Quasi proto 8.25 and polar surf pants today. I have a dozen un skated boards now.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5721 on: December 04, 2020, 06:48:08 PM »
NFG 95a crust formula 54mm v-cut shape

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #5722 on: December 05, 2020, 05:17:16 AM »
Damn that 8.25 proto is calling to me, but I don’t need it.
DC sent me a mystery coupon...I got a pair of Lynx Zeros for $39 shipped. I could not pass that up since I really like the ones I have now. Also, got a 4’ grind box for some garage sessions this winter.
Edit: ordered the proto. FML.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:37:57 AM by FUBAR »

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #5723 on: December 05, 2020, 05:25:42 PM »
What do yinz think of Spitfire Tablets? Good vibes at One Up Pittsburgh this evening.

sorry for big ass photo
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #5724 on: December 05, 2020, 06:16:09 PM »
I enjoyed mine, but gave them to a homie who was suffering on some weird ass zumiez complete wheels before I wore through them. My weirdo metric for judging wheels is how comfortably I can roll over braille blocks; the tablets performed very well in that regard, but the conical fulls I put on after were better. The tablets felt like they were more nimble and responsive than the conicals though.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5725 on: December 05, 2020, 08:53:58 PM »
Skated three pairs of them, cant really go wrong with F4s. Better lock in than classics but still very slim and nimble wheel.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #5726 on: December 05, 2020, 09:08:19 PM »
I appreciate the feedback, I've always loved how varied people's experiences are vis a vis skateboard wheel. I'm the kinda guy that leaves bad reviews if i can't properly bs powerslide
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5727 on: December 06, 2020, 03:08:22 AM »
Copped a baker 8.25 I had been eyeing with some mob grip. I wanted a lower concave than the high concave board I'd been skating. Board feels a lot smaller than my other 8.25 and wheelbase feels too long. Was skating a WKND Thompson board previously for reference. Can't complain about that fresh mob though, no better feeling imo.
You're not wrong.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #5728 on: December 06, 2020, 05:28:17 AM »

I ordered a set of these too. Unfortunately I'm in Texas for 2 more weeks so I'm not going to get to try them out until I get home. The 54m square 55D is my favorite NFG/loophole wheel (54 V is a close second but the width/weight makes them slightly less versatile than the squares) and winter is here so I'm hoping that they'll handle the rock salt and grit as well or better than the OJ 97a formula.

Have you skated yours yet? If so let me know what you think.

What do yinz think of Spitfire Tablets? Good vibes at One Up Pittsburgh this evening.

Have you checked out radio yet? It's in the same place overcast was but they totally gutted and redid it. It's Scumco Nick and danger Dan and some other 412 OG's new shop - the pics/video I saw looked like they had a bunch of Scumco (obviously) and quasi stuff but that was back around Halloween so I'm sure there's a lot more there now. I got the impression that they're going to carry a lot of cool smaller brands like DOA and loophole so I'm excited to check it out when I get home.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 05:35:52 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5729 on: December 06, 2020, 05:32:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I ordered a set of these too. Unfortunately I'm in Texas for 2 more weeks so I'm not going to get to try them out until I get home. The 54m square 55D is my favorite NFG/loophole wheel (54 V is a close second but the width/weight makes them slightly less versatile than the squares) and winter is here so I'm hoping that they'll handle the rock salt and grit as well or better than the OJ 97a formula.

Have you skated yours yet? If so let me know what you think.
just set them up last night during a snowstorm.. might be a few days before it dries out. Really need to find a parking garage.