Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988815 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4650 on: May 01, 2020, 08:24:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Spreading that Corona check around.
At the local

Tactics

I get my online purchases sent to my work. Now my biggest concern is getting all this in the house and the looks/comments from the wife. Maybe I should just keep it at work.
[close]

Why go home with that couch you got at work
[close]

That couch is a sofa bed. So you're right, I very easily could just post up here. And I have a great curb in my parking lot.

My common law wife and I will sometimes joke when we hear some guy trot out the: ‘yeah I mean the old battle axe would never let me have all of this fish in gear blah blah’...
Us, behind that person's back: ‘sounds like you have great relationship buddy Jesus hahaha’.

There is no fucking way that I would walk in triumphantly with that amount of cargo and not get significant comments.

I can tell you are into her based off of the couch at work and you still go home. I’ve tried to argue those type of angles before and it’s never worked.

hmmmokay

« Reply #4651 on: May 01, 2020, 12:48:09 PM »

These just arrived. I don't live in Texas but I like No Comply so I grabbed em from them. Stoked!

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4652 on: May 01, 2020, 01:04:19 PM »

These just arrived. I don't live in Texas but I like No Comply so I grabbed em from them. Stoked!
Hell yeah, thats my local. Thankful for them. Been getting a deck from them every pay check but gonna have to chill soon.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4653 on: May 01, 2020, 01:26:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Hell yeah, thats my local. Thankful for them. Been getting a deck from them every pay check but gonna have to chill soon.

Dope to support the shop/scene tho.
How long does a deck ‘last’ you? I’ve got a stack (4-5 completes) + 5 or so decks. Almost all are over 1 year old. Rotation + not skating much, shredding never ends up with a bunch of....used but decent but not new and exciting stuff

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4654 on: May 01, 2020, 02:42:44 PM »
adidas 3st.004 in 12.5
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4655 on: May 01, 2020, 03:44:37 PM »

9" popsicle.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #4656 on: May 01, 2020, 04:25:31 PM »
nice. to pair with 6.1? what’s the dims
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Banned from the room

« Reply #4657 on: May 01, 2020, 04:28:36 PM »
Expand Quote

AH 8.28” 31.7” 14.12”WB. This is the fourth 8.28 I’ve bought. The perfect shape for me. Thanks Ben Degros for the idea. I get nervous there isn’t one in this seasons catalog.
[close]

Really wanna try on of these, also really want one for the wall

That's a sweet ride.

I ordered a hopps Brandi 8.25 today. Stoked.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4658 on: May 01, 2020, 04:53:42 PM »
9.0in x 33.25in with 15wb?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4659 on: May 01, 2020, 05:41:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

How long does a deck ‘last’ you? I’ve got a stack (4-5 completes) + 5 or so decks. Almost all are over 1 year old. Rotation + not skating much, shredding never ends up with a bunch of....used but decent but not new and exciting stuff
I've been skating a lot more thanks to some really good isolation spots. Can range from a week to over a month and a half. Occasionally get the bad luck board that snaps within a couple sessions. Sometimes I dont even snap em and just switch it out cause the woods getting soggy. Have a stack of old boards that I need to drop off at the skatepark soon. Been buying boards more lately so far I have 2 baker 8.38s and one quasi 8.25 on deck. Riding a No Comply shop deck right now that my buddy won 2nd place in the graphic contest.
Untitled by , on Flickr
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:45:04 PM by camel filters »

hmmmokay

« Reply #4660 on: May 01, 2020, 06:46:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I've been skating a lot more thanks to some really good isolation spots. Can range from a week to over a month and a half. Occasionally get the bad luck board that snaps within a couple sessions. Sometimes I dont even snap em and just switch it out cause the woods getting soggy. Have a stack of old boards that I need to drop off at the skatepark soon. Been buying boards more lately so far I have 2 baker 8.38s and one quasi 8.25 on deck. Riding a No Comply shop deck right now that my buddy won 2nd place in the graphic contest.
Untitled by , on Flickr

Care if I ask how you like their shop boards? I almost ordered one alongside the wheels but I'm hesitant because I really didn't like the Roger I ordered during the most recent reboot. Wondering if they're similar or not. I had the  2 Birds 1 Stoned board and it was way too pointy and felt a little soggy, to me.

Edit: Kept it as a semi skated wallhanger though, excellen graphic.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4661 on: May 01, 2020, 07:41:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
In order:
Yup Weon, Monday my 6.1 should arrive.
And Jay: is stated like that but when I measured it I got 8.75 x 33.125 and 15wb
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4662 on: May 01, 2020, 07:58:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
In order:
Yup Weon, Monday my 6.1 should arrive.
And Jay: is stated like that but when I measured it I got 8.75 x 33.125 and 15wb
mmmm id fuck with that. Do post when it’s set up!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1965
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4663 on: May 01, 2020, 09:38:07 PM »
Bought this off craigslist yesterday. Quarantine got me feeling like a kid again.

Sick! Someone was selling on locally for $35, it was snapped up in minutes. Super bummed I missed that.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4664 on: May 02, 2020, 05:18:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Untitled by , on Flickr
[close]

Care if I ask how you like their shop boards? I almost ordered one alongside the wheels but I'm hesitant because I really didn't like the Roger I ordered during the most recent reboot. Wondering if they're similar or not. I had the  2 Birds 1 Stoned board and it was way too pointy and felt a little soggy, to me.

Shop boards are from the same woodshop as roger. Clutch I believe. I've had mixed results. They all start off snappy and crispy at the beginning but I've had crazy chips from not so hard wall run ins. Some boards sog out quickly after 5 sessions or so but also had really good boards that lasted over a month of intense skating. This one is holding strong after three sessions. Hoping for the best. If you didn't like roger though i would maybe get something from a woodshop you like.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #4665 on: May 02, 2020, 12:36:06 PM »
Just ordered some FP kingfoam insoles for my new balance 379’s. I’ve never tried switching insoles before so I’m curious to how much of a difference it’s makes.

I put FP in every shoe for the past few years.  takes so much longer for my feet to get sore. worth every penny.  I get the 5mm or 7mm kingfoam.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #4666 on: May 02, 2020, 03:01:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Untitled by , on Flickr
[close]

[close]
Shop boards are from the same woodshop as roger. Clutch I believe. I've had mixed results. They all start off snappy and crispy at the beginning but I've had crazy chips from not so hard wall run ins. Some boards sog out quickly after 5 sessions or so but also had really good boards that lasted over a month of intense skating. This one is holding strong after three sessions. Hoping for the best. If you didn't like roger though i would maybe get something from a woodshop you like.
Roger is probably my all time favorite company but I’ve been so bummed on the shapes since they came back haven’t tried the tug boat shapes but I really liked the og roger stuff. Maybe the first time around they were using ps for some runs?

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #4667 on: May 02, 2020, 05:52:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[pics]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[pics baby pics]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Roger is probably my all time favorite company but I’ve been so bummed on the shapes since they came back haven’t tried the tug boat shapes but I really liked the og roger stuff. Maybe the first time around they were using ps for some runs?

They were 100% using PS around 2013, I used to skate that 8 x 31.5 shape that Habitat and Alien also used on some boards back then.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4668 on: May 02, 2020, 07:41:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[pics]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[pics baby pics]
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

They were 100% using PS around 2013, I used to skate that 8 x 31.5 shape that Habitat and Alien also used on some boards back then.
I’m glad I’m not making that up. I have a whole stack in my basement from the first runs.. but I do understand why they are getting it done in the same factory that no comply does the shop boards at.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:43:28 PM by Esmith5488 »

Phillyflared

• Rep: 40
« Reply #4669 on: May 04, 2020, 07:57:25 PM »
Grabbed a couple t's from my buddies shop in Ohio and one of the SF twin ladies (H-Street fame)

Banned from the room

« Reply #4670 on: May 05, 2020, 01:37:44 PM »
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Hell yeah. I'm stoked.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4671 on: May 05, 2020, 02:24:28 PM »

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #4672 on: May 05, 2020, 10:48:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Just ordered some FP kingfoam insoles for my new balance 379’s. I’ve never tried switching insoles before so I’m curious to how much of a difference it’s makes.
[close]

I put FP in every shoe for the past few years.  takes so much longer for my feet to get sore. worth every penny.  I get the 5mm or 7mm kingfoam.

I got mine in and realized I’m an idiot and ordered the flat King foams and not the orthotics. I put them in some Lakai MJ’s I have and they felt good but I went ahead and ordered some 6mm King foam orthotics for the shoes I’ll actually skate.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4673 on: May 05, 2020, 11:10:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I got mine in and realized I’m an idiot and ordered the flat King foams and not the orthotics. I put them in some Lakai MJ’s I have and they felt good but I went ahead and ordered some 6mm King foam orthotics for the shoes I’ll actually skate.

Trying to decipher which product to get to wring out some life in several pairs of Vans, pros.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #4674 on: May 06, 2020, 04:50:44 AM »
Grabbed a couple t's from my buddies shop in Ohio and one of the SF twin ladies (H-Street fame)

the twin ladies tshirt is amazing

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4675 on: May 06, 2020, 03:30:32 PM »

They finally arrived. Took forever.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #4676 on: May 06, 2020, 04:22:43 PM »

They finally arrived. Took forever.

Just got those same exact wheels a little over a week ago! They feel good so far. Taking a moment to find the powerslide spot since I was on easy streets before them.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Arto Saari

• Rep: 33
  • hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #4677 on: May 06, 2020, 10:07:26 PM »

A bunch of eBay packages I had stacked up back home:
2000-01 Tony Hawk Birdhouse
2001 Daxter Lussier Maple
1999 Jeremy Klein Birdhouse
2005(?) baker team deck. This thing is screened which is insane
Tentacles of destruction vhs
baker summer 2001 vhs (Has recently become one of my favorite videos out of the OG baker camp)
Disposable skateboard bible signed by Sean Cliver
Hookups promo pack of posters, a catalog, and vinyl decal from the late 90s. LOVE this era of Heath..
and not pictured is a May 1999 thrasher with Jerry Hsu on the cover

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #4678 on: May 06, 2020, 10:36:36 PM »

A bunch of eBay packages I had stacked up back home:
2000-01 Tony Hawk Birdhouse
2001 Daxter Lussier Maple
1999 Jeremy Klein Birdhouse
2005(?) baker team deck. This thing is screened which is insane
Tentacles of destruction vhs
baker summer 2001 vhs (Has recently become one of my favorite videos out of the OG baker camp)
Disposable skateboard bible signed by Sean Cliver
Hookups promo pack of posters, a catalog, and vinyl decal from the late 90s. LOVE this era of Heath..
and not pictured is a May 1999 thrasher with Jerry Hsu on the cover

holy shit! this is fuckin insane! bringing back 7th grade vibes...
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #4679 on: May 07, 2020, 12:05:23 PM »
FA 8.38
gonna be setting up a couple more of these in the future
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo