Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584581 times)

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4800 on: January 18, 2021, 12:47:24 AM »
Started a couple new jobs during covid. Really think people look more better & attractive wearing a mask. Kind of a shock  seeing co-worker faces for the first time. I'm sure the feeling mutual. They disappointed too when they see me without my mask on
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 12:56:29 AM by rawr1922 »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4801 on: January 19, 2021, 04:48:59 PM »
I don’t know much about all those fancy craft beers, but why do they always have some intentionally nasty name?  They’re all like Ugly ____, Dirty ____, Angry _____, Dead ______, Stinky _____.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1418
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4802 on: January 19, 2021, 04:59:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i just had the thought and i assume it's ignorant and i haven't looked into yet, but why not share...

so ten pin bowling is a thing {a sport?}.
i am assuming there is professional bowling. i'm aware that people play amateurly. so yeah whatever, it just doesn't seem that hard. i'm not great at bowling but i've bowled some strikes and stuff, i think most people have. i have gone bowling less than twenty times in my life i would say}. i've seen random people, like people that were in my school class when we did bowling or my brother for example, who also don't bowl but are a lot better than i am and don't find it that hard to get strikes most of the time/often. they don't play, they don't practice, they just turn up and do that. bowling just doesn't seem that hard. fun, but not hard, which is totally fine and cool and great and i'm not trying to fuck with it.

but if you actually practiced bowling you'd obviously be considerably better than the randoms i know, who to my mind are quite good at it. so like, how good can you be? is professional bowling just the first to make a mistake loses? is amateur bowling kind of the same? am i way off?

sorry i had to write so much to get my point across, i'm not sure if it was necessary.
[close]

I suck at bowling, like am absolutely abhorrent at the game but have a lot of memories at the bowling alley.

Most of family bowled in leagues and shit from the 70s until the local ten pin shut down a few years back. It was a community thing- hang out with friends/family, get drunk (bowling alley had the cheapest drinks anywhere), smoke weed, have cheap entertainment, fun, and release competitive energy. As someone who grew up around people who bowled at least once a week, what I can say is that to be consistently good at bowling is hard as fuck and takes a lot of practice. My Dad is an upper mid range bowler, probably 180 average. He's bowled one 300 (all strike) game in all the years. He's a dude that's above average, but not pro/sponsored grade (with the exception of road racing) at every game he plays. Talented, focused, and competitive. If he didn't use every game as a to get shit faced, he'd be even better. My uncle is a slightly better bowler who has bowled numerous 300 games but he's a hyper competitive athlete, one of those dudes that was a beast at every game he plays- horseshoes, darts, softball, volleyball, golfing, fuck, even his job of framing houses. Like all those other games, the dude bowled at least 1 day per week for a 3 or so hour long stretch, for decades. Like I said, to bowl well with consistency is hard as fuck.

In a league, they generally bowl 3 games per match. there's 10 frames per game, I think with the possibility of throwing 3 extra balls at the 10th frame- so that's, max, 26 balls at the end of a game, 78 balls bowled at the end of the night. Those balls probably weigh 14-16lbs. That's a lot of work and you'll see a lot of long time bowlers wearing wrist braces. Then, like when shooting pool, there's techniques like spin and English that get put on the ball.

Pretty sure to qualify as a pro you need 205 average.
[close]

thank you for your response. a guy i work with bowls once or twice a week i think, he pointed out a few weeks ago that they have the cheapest drinks anywhere in town. i don't drink so i don't really care, but that's an interesting consistency.

just for clarification, i don't find bowling easy myself. i totally suck. i just assumed people who were good must be like, perfect. i hope your dad can pull another 3oo at some point. sorry you lost your bowling alley.

right on! You see the Big Lebowski? In some ways, the bowling guy parallels are spot on. have a good one man

Started a couple new jobs during covid. Really think people look more better & attractive wearing a mask. Kind of a shock  seeing co-worker faces for the first time. I'm sure the feeling mutual. They disappointed too when they see me without my mask on

right!?!? no buttah face in the mask era. People generally look far younger too. Once of my homies spent time in Jakarta and said the fully covered women were some of the most attractive, alluring women he'd ever seen
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4803 on: January 19, 2021, 08:27:05 PM »
Anti democracy group walking around dt boston

Likely they are 5 deep tops. I'm not driving 40 miles to thug it out with youtube nazis
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Hombreezy

« Reply #4804 on: January 19, 2021, 09:21:22 PM »
Seriously why are switch bs 360s so much easier than regular backside 360s

BieberStance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #4805 on: January 20, 2021, 05:00:14 AM »

because your frontfoot is stronger than your backfoot. thats why the scoop comes easyer.
same reason why switch tres and bigspins and everything you don´t need flick for come easyer switch or atleast look more powerful once they are mastered.

Hombreezy

« Reply #4806 on: January 21, 2021, 04:49:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

because your frontfoot is stronger than your backfoot. thats why the scoop comes easyer.
same reason why switch tres and bigspins and everything you don´t need flick for come easyer switch or atleast look more powerful once they are mastered.
That’s very true, thankyou

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 461
« Reply #4807 on: January 21, 2021, 09:46:44 AM »
I get these short videos pop up on my YouTube, like stories or whatever. Anyway there’s one called David’s skateboarding world

I was wondering is he a pedo, what’s going on there
listen to cosmic psychos

the natural butch reed

• Rep: -4
« Reply #4808 on: January 21, 2021, 02:40:29 PM »
how many slap pals have died? we might just wonder why they haven't posted in so long. i remember everyone giving tobey shit when p-stone's wife was mad at corey kennedy. does anyone know if he's still skating that box?

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #4809 on: January 22, 2021, 12:39:13 AM »
Wish I was a cocaine hippo

BieberStance

« Reply #4810 on: January 22, 2021, 02:57:24 AM »
how many slap pals have died? we might just wonder why they haven't posted in so long. i remember everyone giving tobey shit when p-stone's wife was mad at corey kennedy. does anyone know if he's still skating that box?

afaik he was on a mission to get a chill girl like sheckler.
he was on a drinking spree trying to achieve it. didn't work. he got sober.
he was skating the box to get in a box. didn't work. he quit.
he got on a tinderspree. it worked. he won.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4811 on: January 22, 2021, 12:21:10 PM »

I was thinking the otherday- Has anyone ever died skating?  Things go down like J Wray's water tower gap that have death potential if you screw up. 

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4812 on: January 22, 2021, 12:32:45 PM »

Have you tried fluff before?

[/url]
(A)pl(E)

the natural butch reed

• Rep: -4
« Reply #4813 on: January 22, 2021, 03:13:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was thinking the otherday- Has anyone ever died skating?  Things go down like J Wray's water tower gap that have death potential if you screw up.
lot of people have died from cars and skateboards. not sure if anyone died just skateboard and obstacle. likely on hills.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #4814 on: January 22, 2021, 05:32:38 PM »
Has anyone done a backside overcrook slappy? I feel like that would look cool.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4815 on: January 22, 2021, 05:36:54 PM »

That would look cool... seems like it’d be really hard.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #4816 on: January 22, 2021, 05:38:00 PM »

I can do those on lower curbs, getting out without the back wheels touching is a bit tricky

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1418
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4817 on: January 22, 2021, 08:19:01 PM »

Have you tried fluff before?

[/url]

Oooh the fluffanutta! Shit kid
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
« Reply #4818 on: January 22, 2021, 09:51:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
lot of people have died from cars and skateboards. not sure if anyone died just skateboard and obstacle. likely on hills.

a guy around here died skating down a hill a few years ago. he wasn't a friend of mine or any other "skaters" from the area, so i guess it was just a dude that skated for transport or whatever. but yeah, the most psychotic hill you could ever imagine trying to skate which leads me to the presumption that he was also drunk. it was like 6/6:3o in the morning.

for some reason i only ever drive up it and never down it - which i guess gives me more time to think undesired about skating down that hill and dying. it's fucking hectic.

just got me thinking about people dying while skateboarding but not because of the skateboarding...imagine if Koston spontaneously combusted while back noseblunting hubba...
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4819 on: January 23, 2021, 09:08:37 PM »
Has anyone ever opened up a container of Neapolitan  ice cream to find that only the strawberry part was eaten?

BieberStance

« Reply #4820 on: January 24, 2021, 09:11:08 AM »
has anyone ever surfed in the polar surf pants?

bob george

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4821 on: January 24, 2021, 05:07:31 PM »
Why does neopolitan ice cream even exist? surely you'd just buy a small tub of strawberry ice cream if that's what you're into.

Something I ponder when I'm on here is SLAP in real life.

Like, if we were all at a skatepark at the same time and most of us didn't really know each other but somehow were having lots of heated/petty/boastful/funny conversations. I don't know like, I used to picture cheetahsheets in real life coming up and bothering me while I skate. Or like, I saw some dudes arguing over guns the other day somewhere here and I just see them taking turns skating a very small ledge/manual pad and in between goes sort of having their defensive little argument that is going nowhere.

I think I first had the thought during maybe the Kenny Anderson abuse thread and just watching a bunch of skaters share a session but also discussing toxic masculinity/whether a great backside tailslide can absolve one of heinous human behaviour and there are people on both sides...

I haven't explained it great, but it's a cute thought, try it out sometime.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4822 on: January 25, 2021, 11:59:47 AM »
I want to go back on methadone. I miss having something to do.

I wish I could get a job in a tattoo shop but I'm too fucking crusty to even sit in the chair as a customer.

That's the only reason I haven't reschedule my appointment.

I have to do my leg or something.

I wish that I could show a side view of like fossil records on my leg. Like in a children's book. But also show 5,000,000 years into the future.

Been trying to draw it but I'm stuck on this ice forest thing.

I could go back to school but I hit my head. I used PCP daily daily and spores weekly to get off the clinic. That was like 18 months of brain bashing.

Eskimo chain all the way.

Im going to go outside and bomb a hill try to forget these thoughts
(A)pl(E)

assplay jay

• Rep: -10
« Reply #4823 on: January 25, 2021, 06:39:58 PM »
why did childhood get banned? mods are wilding out like nick cannon.
does tonycoxhox still get notifications when someone posts on a thread he made in 2009?

bob george

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4824 on: January 26, 2021, 03:20:23 AM »
i was thinking about austin powers for some reason - and then i thought about a scene where he's about to have sex with some japanese twins i think. then my mind did a little wander...

is there anything wrong with consensual lesbian incest? like, if two sisters were positively in love with each other and let's say twins even {so you can't argue any age difference coercion or possible grooming} and wanted to be in a sexual relationship and be married and blah blah all the jazz you can do. obviously, it's peculiar but it has no capacity for inbreeding which i guess it what really makes you weird out at incest. also in a social/mental developmental sense it's obviously unhealthy to want to be with someone in your family, but for the hypothetical here, imagine that these sisters are well adjusted people with friends and jobs and hobbies and lifestyles. {not sure why i've made this example feminine and not just generally gay - could just as easily be brothers}

a weird thought, but a thought no less.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #4825 on: January 26, 2021, 09:41:28 AM »
why did childhood get banned? mods are wilding out like nick cannon.
does tonycoxhox still get notifications when someone posts on a thread he made in 2009?

Anybody else got any questions? Keep asking if you wanna end up like @assplay jay  and @childhood .

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #4826 on: January 26, 2021, 10:34:22 AM »
Posted lil peep songs in the music section one too many times

Be sure to subscribe to my substack & patreon, since I can't post on SLAP anymore

Grind King Rims

« Reply #4827 on: January 26, 2021, 11:44:14 AM »
Keep an eye out for the new podcast put together featuring me, childhood, Ben Mora and Glenn Greenwald because we're all banned and gay.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #4828 on: January 26, 2021, 02:54:06 PM »
i was thinking about austin powers for some reason - and then i thought about a scene where he's about to have sex with some japanese twins i think. then my mind did a little wander...

is there anything wrong with consensual lesbian incest? like, if two sisters were positively in love with each other and let's say twins even {so you can't argue any age difference coercion or possible grooming} and wanted to be in a sexual relationship and be married and blah blah all the jazz you can do. obviously, it's peculiar but it has no capacity for inbreeding which i guess it what really makes you weird out at incest. also in a social/mental developmental sense it's obviously unhealthy to want to be with someone in your family, but for the hypothetical here, imagine that these sisters are well adjusted people with friends and jobs and hobbies and lifestyles. {not sure why i've made this example feminine and not just generally gay - could just as easily be brothers}

a strange onefor sure, on a similar  fucked up note, conjoined twins - one is gay one isnt.

piss joslin

• Rep: -13
« Reply #4829 on: January 26, 2021, 03:05:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

a strange onefor sure, on a similar  fucked up note, conjoined twins - one is gay one isnt.
2 heads, one asshole.